BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,318
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 53 of 101 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 100 101
Re: Boys 2024 - 6th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Rotolo did win the Blatant B division and was also cheering against the other outlaw team when they beat Shore to Shore (the team that Rotolo had lost to during the day). Must be a class act coach.

Success of these teams will depend on the approach of parents. Rotolo will win B championships with a strong team of some A level players. Team Greaney will get pushed around in A because they are not a A team. Tough position for Outlaws b/c neither team is an A level Team.

That’s an abject lie. Rotolo was not cheering against Greaney team. 1. That’s not his style. 2. If S2S won, Rotolo would not have made championship. If by A teams you are referring to WP, Taz and Express then you are correct. Against any other team on LI they will do well. And since I’m sure those are the only teams you consider A teams then everyone else is a B team. Winning B tournaments is pretty good.

OK then, is it an ABJECT LIE that Rotolo shortens the bench in championship games. If it is, he is not a good coach he is a sheep in wolf's clothing. That is just not fair and how about the parents of these poor kids paying over $2000 dollars and their kid doesn't see the field in the big game. Great message by this coach "You are good enough so we can at least put a team together but you suck to much to play in important games". I see it and understand in an A or AA division big games but in a B division, just not right

Please elaborate on the A, AA and B divisions you mention. Cause there were 3 divisions in the blatant tourney. Was that the A, AA and B you are referring too? Cause if it is, then you said in your own words it would be OK to shorten the bench in an A division. Also, you seem to be keeping a close eye on the kids that play and do not. Do you have a Stat sheet? Or do you leave knowledge of whose playing and whose not cause you have an affiliation with the Outlaws?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rotolo did win the Blatant B division and was also cheering against the other outlaw team when they beat Shore to Shore (the team that Rotolo had lost to during the day). Must be a class act coach.

Success of these teams will depend on the approach of parents. Rotolo will win B championships with a strong team of some A level players. Team Greaney will get pushed around in A because they are not a A team. Tough position for Outlaws b/c neither team is an A level Team.
if a child is an A player why play on a B team. Why would anyone not try and play at the right level they belong. ?

A few points:

1. Are you new to LI club lacrosse and/or have you surveyed the club landscape? If yes, to either, are you asking this question seriously??!
2. The lack of clear and accurate (honest?) assessment of what teams belong in which levels makes the idea of assessing individuals as to level even that much more difficult. Beyond the obvious AA teams and top players, it is a mess. And grade-based play only adds more mud to this problem.
3. There are 'A' players on 'B' teams that chose to for more playing time than sitting on a bench with an 'A' team - take every Express A team as prime example.
4. If you are truly an 'A' level player, but were not selected to an A team, what exactly are you supposed to do - not play??!
Well if greaney is an A team why would a kid Play on the B team with Rotolo. . that's my point. You see . there are plenty of A teams out there. Plenty... I seen Greaneys team play and there are plenty of spots for an A player.

Meh - my son plays in an organization where he was offered a spot an their A team, yet chose to play on their B team with other players that he is friends with. There are lots of comparable situations where boys can choose to play where they want to - they're 11 years old, and can't be actively recruited for another five years, provided they are even interested in playing college ball and/or a college is interested in them. Yeesh!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

if a child is an A player why play on a B team. Why would anyone not try and play at the right level they belong. ?

A few points:

1. Are you new to LI club lacrosse and/or have you surveyed the club landscape? If yes, to either, are you asking this question seriously??!
2. The lack of clear and accurate (honest?) assessment of what teams belong in which levels makes the idea of assessing individuals as to level even that much more difficult. Beyond the obvious AA teams and top players, it is a mess. And grade-based play only adds more mud to this problem.
3. There are 'A' players on 'B' teams that chose to for more playing time than sitting on a bench with an 'A' team - take every Express A team as prime example.
4. If you are truly an 'A' level player, but were not selected to an A team, what exactly are you supposed to do - not play??!
Well if greaney is an A team why would a kid Play on the B team with Rotolo. . that's my point. You see . there are plenty of A teams out there. Plenty... I seen Greaneys team play and there are plenty of spots for an A player.

Cause both teams are the same caliber team. The knee da that played Rotolo last year stayed with him. The other team lost some good players

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Taz defender dad, don't forget that your name is on your son's jersey. Using that information, we were able to trace your posts from this Summer to present, and match up your work and home address with your IP address. We don't talk trash about your kid. You shouldn't talk trash about our kids. If you don't stop your posts, we will contact the Legacy director and politely ask him to remove your son from the team. If that doesn't work, we will send your information to the media and let them run with the story. Your choice.

This is pretty funny, "your choice"

They have names on there jersey's???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What you just posted is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response, were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this chat room is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What you just posted is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response, were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this chat room is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

It's a crying shame when that line from Billy Madison could easily be used by me multiple times a day based upon just what I read on the internet . . .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Rotolo did win the Blatant B division and was also cheering against the other outlaw team when they beat Shore to Shore (the team that Rotolo had lost to during the day). Must be a class act coach.

That’s an abject lie. Rotolo was not cheering against Greaney team. 1. That’s not his style. 2. If S2S won, Rotolo would not have made championship. If by A teams you are referring to WP, Taz and Express then you are correct. Against any other team on LI they will do well. And since I’m sure those are the only teams you consider A teams then everyone else is a B team. Winning B tournaments is pretty good.

OK then, is it an ABJECT LIE that Rotolo shortens the bench in championship games. If it is, he is not a good coach he is a sheep in wolf's clothing. That is just not fair and how about the parents of these poor kids paying over $2000 dollars and their kid doesn't see the field in the big game. Great message by this coach "You are good enough so we can at least put a team together but you suck to much to play in important games". I see it and understand in an A or AA division big games but in a B division, just not right

Please elaborate on the A, AA and B divisions you mention. Cause there were 3 divisions in the blatant tourney. Was that the A, AA and B you are referring too? Cause if it is, then you said in your own words it would be OK to shorten the bench in an A division. Also, you seem to be keeping a close eye on the kids that play and do not. Do you have a Stat sheet? Or do you leave knowledge of whose playing and whose not cause you have an affiliation with the Outlaws?

You still have not answered the question does Rotolo play all players in big games or not?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree with this. He may be bigger, but other players are hitting growth spurts and the gap is closing, and it will all be irrelevant in a year or two. (My son defends against him and reports that he’s a nice kid, fwiw, which is not always the case).

Our team has played that kid for 3 years now. Always sucks. Kind of respect him tho. Plays unselfish. Usually looking to dump down. When he does score, he is classy about it. Sure he plays physical, but never seen him take a cheap shot. I thought he was older too until I met kid's family and got complete scoop.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree with this. He may be bigger, but other players are hitting growth spurts and the gap is closing, and it will all be irrelevant in a year or two. (My son defends against him and reports that he’s a nice kid, fwiw, which is not always the case).

99% of the kids are great kids. I'm sure he is an awesome kid.

The issue is with the parents and the team, not the child. He is just a child playing a game that he loves. In fact, he is one of the true victims in this.

The boy is getting a false sense of his ability, playing against such small opponents, and not being challenged like every other kid. In a couple of years, when it actually matters, this will work against him, since he won't have the size advantage that he has enjoyed in his youth. Then what?? When he gets to High School, he will have been playing EXCLUSIVELY against little people for the past seven years, without any real challenge, while all of the players he is competing against have been busting their butt's, playing against actual opponents... and getting better, as a result!!

If he were my child, I would have absolutely had him playing up, since day one. My guess is he's a hold back, based on the extraordinary size difference, the team he plays for (a known hold-back abuser) and the fact that the team isn't going to participate in the WSYL (there's only one reason why that would happen). However, the hold-back conversation is irrelevant, here. He should be playing at the next grade, regardless whether he is a hold back or not, for his best interest.

Of course, this is all on the parents for allowing this to happen, as their dream of D1 slowly disappears in the next couple of years.

It's also, of course, on the greedy team. They obviously benefit in a big way, by having him on the team now, as he is helping them sell their brand and make $$$$'s. Could you imagine where that team would be without him right now?? I probably would never have even heard of Madlax, if he had not been on the team the past few years. Sure hope the parents are getting a free ride!

There is another important side to this issue. Yes, it is bad for the player, it is unfair to the competition, but it is also extremely bad for the rest of the Madlax team. We all know that everything goes through this boy. All opportunities go to him and all big plays go solely through him... nobody else, with the exception of one attackman, because the team only cares about winning. His teammates around him are not growing as lacrosse players due to his presence on the team. These parents are extremely aware of this, but I'm not sure why they put up with it. They are paying a lot of money, for their kids to be nothing but role players for their entire youth. Some of these players are undoubtedly very good, but never see any significant opportunities, as they would on a different team.

Believe it or not, the ones that get most hurt in this whole scenario is the child himself and the child's teammates. Those are the real loses here.

Madlax, the brand, is the big, greedy winner!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My kids is on S2S and the Greaney team is better than Rotolo but like everyone is saying they are both B team, which is fine. Lots of good competition this year with the 2nd tier teams. Outlaws 2x, Igloo B, S2S, Express B, 91B, Legacy Launch, etc. Sure they are not the best teams on LI but all are solid and most games between them will be close.
ROTOLO BEAT LAUNCH < AND GREANEY , HOW CAN YOU MAKE THAT CALL.?

My kids is on S2S and the Greaney team is better than Rotolo but like everyone is saying they are both B team, which is fine. Lots of good competition this year with the 2nd tier teams. Outlaws 2x, Igloo B, S2S, Express B, 91B, Legacy Launch, etc. Sure they are not the best teams on LI but all are solid and most games between them will be close.
ROTOLO BEAT LAUNCH < AND GREANEY , HOW CAN YOU MAKE THAT CALL.?

Rotolo’s team never beat Greaney’s team and they only beat launch because they had players leave and that is a fact.

Are you the same Mom complaining that Taz kids played for Launch against Greaney? FYI. Launch doesn’t need Taz kids to beat you. We get that your mad cause it seems your on the wrong Outlaws team. But relax. It’s not a big deal. Rotolos team was missing kids as well.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Taz defender dad, don't forget that your name is on your son's jersey. Using that information, we were able to trace your posts from this Summer to present, and match up your work and home address with your IP address. We don't talk trash about your kid. You shouldn't talk trash about our kids. If you don't stop your posts, we will contact the Legacy director and politely ask him to remove your son from the team. If that doesn't work, we will send your information to the media and let them run with the story. Your choice.

This is pretty funny, "your choice"

They have names on there jersey's???

Apparently they have not only names but IP addesses and a tracking device as well

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

sure he did... Do not believe everything you hear. OUTLAWS do not have an A team so how can they be offered a spot on it!!

A few points:

Meh - my son plays in an organization where he was offered a spot an their A team, yet chose to play on their B team with other players that he is friends with. There are lots of comparable situations where boys can choose to play where they want to - they're 11 years old, and can't be actively recruited for another five years, provided they are even interested in playing college ball and/or a college is interested in them. Yeesh!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Rotolo did win the Blatant B division and was also cheering against the other outlaw team when they beat Shore to Shore (the team that Rotolo had lost to during the day). Must be a class act coach.

You still have not answered the question does Rotolo play all players in big games or not?
The coach does not want to answer the Question. His choice. There was a A and B divison .. If you combined LI and Maryland lacrosse . outlaws would be low B . GREANEY BETTER TEAM , better coach ..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

99% of the kids are great kids. I'm sure he is an awesome kid.

The issue is with the parents and the team, not the child. He is just a child playing a game that he loves. In fact, he is one of the true victims in this.

The boy is getting a false sense of his ability, playing against such small opponents, and not being challenged like every other kid. In a couple of years, when it actually matters, this will work against him, since he won't have the size advantage that he has enjoyed in his youth. Then what?? When he gets to High School, he will have been playing EXCLUSIVELY against little people for the past seven years, without any real challenge, while all of the players he is competing against have been busting their butt's, playing against actual opponents... and getting better, as a result!!

If he were my child, I would have absolutely had him playing up, since day one. My guess is he's a hold back, based on the extraordinary size difference, the team he plays for (a known hold-back abuser) and the fact that the team isn't going to participate in the WSYL (there's only one reason why that would happen). However, the hold-back conversation is irrelevant, here. He should be playing at the next grade, regardless whether he is a hold back or not, for his best interest.

Of course, this is all on the parents for allowing this to happen, as their dream of D1 slowly disappears in the next couple of years.

It's also, of course, on the greedy team. They obviously benefit in a big way, by having him on the team now, as he is helping them sell their brand and make $$$$'s. Could you imagine where that team would be without him right now?? I probably would never have even heard of Madlax, if he had not been on the team the past few years. Sure hope the parents are getting a free ride!

There is another important side to this issue. Yes, it is bad for the player, it is unfair to the competition, but it is also extremely bad for the rest of the Madlax team. We all know that everything goes through this boy. All opportunities go to him and all big plays go solely through him... nobody else, with the exception of one attackman, because the team only cares about winning. His teammates around him are not growing as lacrosse players due to his presence on the team. These parents are extremely aware of this, but I'm not sure why they put up with it. They are paying a lot of money, for their kids to be nothing but role players for their entire youth. Some of these players are undoubtedly very good, but never see any significant opportunities, as they would on a different team.

Believe it or not, the ones that get most hurt in this whole scenario is the child himself and the child's teammates. Those are the real loses here.

Madlax, the brand, is the big, greedy winner!

That loss to Madlax must really be killing you to write all this. Remember it's only 6th grade lacrosse. Let it go and worry about your own life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You said in an A bracket it is understandable. They played in an A bracket

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The coach does not want to answer the Question. His choice. There was a A and B divison .. If you combined LI and Maryland lacrosse . outlaws would be low B . GREANEY BETTER TEAM , better coach ..

Who are the high b teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There were 3 divisions. AA, A and B.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He also "plays up" with their 22's from time to time, so don't be so worried about his future.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He also "plays up" with their 22's from time to time, so don't be so worried about his future.

He used to play up with his older brother on the 22 team. And he regularly plays in 8th grade, and even 9th grade games. So he is well accustomed to playing with bigger, older boys. It explains why he is so good now. All kids should play up. But you don't have to do it every weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can the outlaws parents please take their nonsense to direct messaging or a new thread or maybe at the next practice. Nobody cares other than you. Both teams are irrelevant and outside of your two teams nobody knows or cares who is the C team and the C+ team. Your Best players will leave every year and so will the coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every top team (Taz, 91MD, Bethesda) has at least one defender that is the same size as Madlax's middie. If the Madlax middie played D, nobody would say a word. When he dominates in the offensive zone, everyone starts hating on him claiming he has an unfair size advantage. If you ever get the opportunity to hang out with Myles Jones, he will tell you similar stories. When Myles (like Paul Rabil) switched from basketball to lacrosse, his coaches gave him a long pole and told him he couldn't play offense. For the sake of the game, I am glad he proved them wrong. When youth coaches take all the little kids and give them short sticks, and give all the big kids long poles. They are robbing the game of some of the best offensive players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There were 3 divisions. AA, A and B.
wrong . That was a B bracket through and through . No doubt .. The coach tells you it's an A bracket, but it is not. Greenery team much better no A players n Rotolo's team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He used to play up with his older brother on the 22 team. And he regularly plays in 8th grade, and even 9th grade games. So he is well accustomed to playing with bigger, older boys. It explains why he is so good now. All kids should play up. But you don't have to do it every weekend.

Obviously it didn’t go so well playing with kids his own size, so the parents opt for the easy route playing against what amounts to midgets. Wow. Great confidence builder.

Need to be very clear here, this issue is not about the boy. I’m sure he is a fine young man. This is about the choices his parents are making for him. This is about his parents and a greedy team using the child to profit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every top team (Taz, 91MD, Bethesda) has at least one defender that is the same size as Madlax's middie. If the Madlax middie played D, nobody would say a word. When he dominates in the offensive zone, everyone starts hating on him claiming he has an unfair size advantage. If you ever get the opportunity to hang out with Myles Jones, he will tell you similar stories. When Myles (like Paul Rabil) switched from basketball to lacrosse, his coaches gave him a long pole and told him he couldn't play offense. For the sake of the game, I am glad he proved them wrong. When youth coaches take all the little kids and give them short sticks, and give all the big kids long poles. They are robbing the game of some of the best offensive players.
wow . He is a good player , let's not get crazy .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Amen to that brother. I am tired of all the puny little attack and their punk a$$ prima donna selfish dads that scream when anyone comes near their precious Johnny. WHAAAA he's bigger than my kid. He must be a hold back and a cheater. Treat my kid differently just because he's smaller. He should get to play attack because he can't play anywhere else on the field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Amen to that brother. I am tired of all the puny little attack and their punk a$$ prima donna selfish dads that scream when anyone comes near their precious Johnny. WHAAAA he's bigger than my kid. He must be a hold back and a cheater. Treat my kid differently just because he's smaller. He should get to play attack because he can't play anywhere else on the field.

Hilarious. So true. Show me the smallest attack, and I will show you the most toxic (and shortest) dad for any team. When the dad is 5 8, why is he surprised when all the other kids on the field are bigger than his kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can the outlaws parents please take their nonsense to direct messaging or a new thread or maybe at the next practice. Nobody cares other than you. Both teams are irrelevant and outside of your two teams nobody knows or cares who is the C team and the C+ team. Your Best players will leave every year and so will the coaches.

Geezus. Agreed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hilarious. So true. Show me the smallest attack, and I will show you the most toxic (and shortest) dad for any team. When the dad is 5 8, why is he surprised when all the other kids on the field are bigger than his kid.

Definitely true for Taz. Very sad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Geezus. Agreed.

Yes, can we please get back to talking more about Taz and Madlax and how they cheat with Holdbacks. Cause that’s not beating a dead horse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why do you think most current coaches became coaches?
To give their kids a chance to play, WO them most wouldn't even make an A roster.
That goes for almost every club out there

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop responding to your own posts. Idiot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are a moron. Enough said.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hmmm. DoubleNickel or DoubleDeuce?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Obviously it didn’t go so well playing with kids his own size, so the parents opt for the easy route playing against what amounts to midgets. Wow. Great confidence builder.

Need to be very clear here, this issue is not about the boy. I’m sure he is a fine young man. This is about the choices his parents are making for him. This is about his parents and a greedy team using the child to profit.

Actually a child can excel at all levels. No way should he be stuck playing up just because he's been blessed physically. That's ridiculous... if he's capable of doing both more power to him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hmmm. DoubleNickel or DoubleDeuce?

They're both bad. Think they own the team and tear down everyone else. Drag on team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am short. I am bitter because other dads are taller than me. Some people call me Napoleon. When my son was born, I realized that he would be too small to play a real sport, like basketball or football. I registered him for lacrosse and coached his team. I ensured that he played attack and scored lots of goals. As he got better, it made me fell better about being short. But when a bigger kid beats my kid, I get sad. I yell at the bigger kid and refs to make myself feel better. I need help. Sound familiar?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am short. I am bitter because other dads are taller than me. Some people call me Napoleon. When my son was born, I realized that he would be too small to play a real sport, like basketball or football. I registered him for lacrosse and coached his team. I ensured that he played attack and scored lots of goals. As he got better, it made me fell better about being short. But when a bigger kid beats my kid, I get sad. I yell at the bigger kid and refs to make myself feel better. I need help. Sound familiar?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Absolutely hysterical and sadly true.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Careful or we will hunt down your IP address at work.. .JEALOUSY GETS YOU NO WHERE

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We don't yell at the refs because we are bitter We yell because lax has no age requirements! When no one is governing the kids age who are playing we the parents get frustrated and tend to take it out on the refs. Sorry ref.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

............................Size doesn't matter in Lacrosse.............3,2,1...begin

Page 53 of 101 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 100 101

Link Copied to Clipboard