BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Girls 2020 - 10th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hahaha YJ. I know in showcases it’s not about winning or losing. But to lose to a team with 7-8 21s on the Florida team. HSF

Shes a holdback should be with 2019's!!!! Everyone knows it! And that YJ team is not their real team you idiots...and im not a YJ fan

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hahaha YJ. I know in showcases it’s not about winning or losing. But to lose to a team with 7-8 21s on the Florida team. HSF

Shes a holdback should be with 2019's!!!! Everyone knows it! And that YJ team is not their real team you idiots...and im not a YJ fan

Does it really matter now? Who cares if the holdbacks have their advantage now - the at-age girls will catch up when it matters most. When they are in college this supposed advantage will not matter anymore. We'll see who's getting the Tewaaraton awards.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know it.......Please send me a copy of the birth certificate.......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i think she was born in KENYA

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
JAJA
JEJE

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i think she was born in KENYA

Covfefe.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any parent that holds their kid back for, wait for it... women's lacrosse, should really be looked in to. Its a dead end sport that no one really cares about except us parents of players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any parent that holds their kid back for, wait for it... women's lacrosse, should really be looked in to. Its a dead end sport that no one really cares about except us parents of players.

The same goes for every other college sport. So whats your point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So I hear this hold back conversation. What is considered a holdback?

1) A kid when she is 6 starts kindergarten late when a parent has no clue if he/she will be a dancer/athlete/musician?

2) A kid who's parents hold them back when they are 6-7th grade to possibly gain a in sports or any other activity.

I can see a little frustration by parents on two. But on one I really don't see how you can the kid was held back on purpose by parent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of course it's the real YJ team. Look online at the tourney roster and the team roster. There may be a few other girls on the tourney roste but mainly the full yjA roster! they got crushed. Maybe they had a bad day , maybe they just got beat by a better team. . FL beat skywalkers as well. FL girls are holdbacjs too?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First of all if she was held back, you have no idea why she was (and if she even was). I know people that have held their kid back because they were the youngest in the grade (based on the cutoff). The kid was a genius Got a full academic ride for school. Double major and now is off to get his masters. Boy can you believe it. The horror.

The hate on this site is crazy. As a HS soccer coach (and no, I do not coach my kids) the parents push their kids out of sports. I was at CI this last weekend and parents make this more important than it is. Kids are kids. Stop pretending this is about them when you parents are living through them.

It really is embarrassing to see parents at all of these showcases. My favorite is when I see parents laying into their kids at the parking lot after the game.

I am on my way to the mid Atlantic and I will go watch this Florida team to see what their story is. And if they are the real deal, I will report back.

Coach Anonymous

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So I hear this hold back conversation. What is considered a holdback?

1) A kid when she is 6 starts kindergarten late when a parent has no clue if he/she will be a dancer/athlete/musician?

2) A kid who's parents hold them back when they are 6-7th grade to possibly gain a in sports or any other activity.

I can see a little frustration by parents on two. But on one I really don't see how you can the kid was held back on purpose by parent.

3) A parent who holds their kid back knowing it’s an advantage both in the classroom and athletic field who had no other reason to do so at the time ie kid was meeting all physical and mental mile stones.

Yes the Florida kid is a holdback being more than a full year older than many of the other 2020 players , that said YJ should keep their mouths shut as they have a few also.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good for that parent.

Haters gonna hate hate hate hate

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of course it's the real YJ team. Look online at the tourney roster and the team roster. There may be a few other girls on the tourney roste but mainly the full yjA roster! they got crushed. Maybe they had a bad day , maybe they just got beat by a better team. . FL beat skywalkers as well. FL girls are holdbacjs too?

Skywalkers also lost to TG 11-7

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess I have never heard of a parent say that kid is a holdback that is why he is smarter than my kid. LOL.

You would think we would hear that a lot as academics and grades are much more important than your lax ability. Except of course here on Long Island.

I hope people can enjoy the game there kids are playing,stop bashing others and make sure they do their homework in between games as that is what matters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is some money to be made in men's football, basketball and baseball and maybe a little soccer for those 1 in a million players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is some money to be made in men's football, basketball and baseball and maybe a little soccer for those 1 in a million players.

Really.....lets take a look,

Since BOTC is always fact based lets see the facts. % o college players turning pro

**M Baseball-9%-Caveat is minor leagues are considered pro ball
M Basketball-1%
W Basketball-1%
Football-1.5%
MHockey-5.6%-Caveat is minor league hockey is considered pro
M Soccer-1.5%

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First you need to consider how few kids even make it to D-1 college sports.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Since BOTC is always fact based lets see the facts. % o college players turning pro

M Basketball-1%
W Basketball-1%
Football-1.5%
M Soccer-1.5%

I think it said 1 in a million players so that ties to your percentages above but no matter how you slice it there is no real women' professional lacrosse league. There is a league that pays them gas money but that's about it. So holdback for what? Anybody can be a high school of club summer coach if that is your dream.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M Basketball-1%
W Basketball-1%
Football-1.5%
M Soccer-1.5%

I think it said 1 in a million players so that ties to your percentages above but no matter how you slice it there is no real women' professional lacrosse league. There is a league that pays them gas money but that's about it. So holdback for what? Anybody can be a high school of club summer coach if that is your dream.

Holdback so my daughter has a better shot at Harvard and will be on a better track for life than yours

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Si. JAJA.

WHO CARES ?????? At the end of the day.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So how was the mid Atlantic? What teams did well? How was the showcase?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And Liberty took down TG 2020 Black this weekend

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not only did Liberty take down 2020 Black the Liberty 2019 Team took down TG 2019 Black 14-2. My daughter plays for another LI club (Elevate) and I watched parts of both of these games as I like to watch the LI teams play. Liberty is a very well coached club and now doubt falls right behind YJ in many age groups.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ Curcio still a nightmare, picture has gotten much clearer. Parents out weigh coach I guess, the lynch mob that went to CR got their way. Studs only play and we play to win regardless that its a showcase or championship formats.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not only did Liberty take down 2020 Black the Liberty 2019 Team took down TG 2019 Black 14-2. My daughter plays for another LI club (Elevate) and I watched parts of both of these games as I like to watch the LI teams play. Liberty is a very well coached club and now doubt falls right behind YJ in many age groups.

Liberty is such a great program with such great coaching that it can't even fill 2 teams per grade/year!! Players have given up with this club. Especially the negativity of DG. just terrible.,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Liberty is such a great program with such great coaching that it can't even fill 2 teams per grade/year!! Players have given up with this club. Especially the negativity of DG. just terrible.,
Let let you in on a secret about Liberty, D.G., To my knowledge, never wanted to to field even a second team. She wants to concentrate on a single team per age group. My daughter came up through Liberty, and I don't know a single parent that has, or had a daughter play for liberty, that will say D.G has a negative tendencies . To say that she is unfair because she has a lot of girls from 'set is the same as saying that Bertalone is unfair because he take a lot of girls from M.S.or rose is unfair because she takes a lot of girls from N.P.or that Thorn is unfair because she takes a lot from ESM. Yes she pushed for her 'set girls more actively, but that is understandable because she's also there H.S. coach. Why don't you Y.J. drones say the same about the afore mentioned Y.J. coaches, they do the same thing? Her help for my daughter went beyond anything I ever imagined a club coach would do for her and believe me, we don't live in 'set. Stop spreading misinformation about a club and coach your daughter obviesoly never played for. And HA HA YOU GOT BEAT BY THEM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M Basketball-1%
W Basketball-1%
Football-1.5%
M Soccer-1.5%

Holdback so my daughter has a better shot at Harvard and will be on a better track for life than yours

Funny! Most crazy holdback parents are worried about sending their kids to powerhouse lacrosse programs, not powerhouse academic institutions. I don't know the answer to this but how do ivies view holdbacks? I would think they would like 16 year doogie howsers doctors over lacrosse players

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ Curcio still a nightmare, picture has gotten much clearer. Parents out weigh coach I guess, the lynch mob that went to CR got their way. Studs only play and we play to win regardless that its a showcase or championship formats.

No different at TG!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well said....that is all that matters....i agree

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are either a troll trying to start trouble or a completely ill informed flaccid looser. Lynch mob that went to CR , please tell us about that and what was said , you really are a loser .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are either a troll trying to start trouble or a completely ill informed flaccid looser. Lynch mob that went to CR , please tell us about that and what was said , you really are a loser .

I guess that you were not part of the mob that informed CR that they still want to win at all costs and that equal playing time wasn't an option - I guess we know where your kid is in the pecking order

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop that was not TG 2019 Black at T3

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so i got to see that Florida team play........wow....great chemistry....very impressed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]YJ Curcio still a nightmare, picture has gotten much clearer. Parents out weigh coach I guess, the lynch mob that went to CR got their way. Studs only play and we play to win regardless that its a showcase or championship formats.

I guess that you were not part of the mob that informed CR that they still want to win at all costs and that equal playing time wasn't an option - I guess we know
where your kid is in the pecking order[/quot

So what your saying is several parents went to CR to complain about your kid playing and you knew about it and your such a placid loser you say nothing to these people . Not sure what’s worse that you make up this story with no facts or you portray yourself as such a loser who refuses to advocate for your kid when she is being treated like a doormat , what a loser either way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That was definitely the Purple team. Waste of time for both teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That was definitely the Purple team. Waste of time for both teams.
that was the purple team with a few uncommitted black. The purple team cannot compete with the teams they faced in the fall. Too high level for them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what was sad about the Curcio team is that she played the studs when the non committed players sat on the sidelines while college coaches watched the game, which most left at halftime as there was not need to watch the game knowing she was playing a short bench... and her team still lost to M&D Black again. The formula of playing kids out of position is not working. They beat the average team but will lost to the top teams. It has been this way for 2 years now and there is no light at the end of the tunnel.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You were told this in a massive group me message the day another summer season went in the crapper.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes, and the point was.. 2 years ago when Curcio played all the girls equally, they use to beat up on M&D Black.. now with her new " coaching" philosophy of play to win at all cost.. they have not won anything or beaten a meaningful team in 2 years . While all the other teams sub out, you have to see the gassed middies not being able to get back and help on defense which puts the defense in a bad situation .. then switch middies with attack and defense.. not realizing that attack players cant man up and defend, don't know now to slide or communicate on defense.. they only know how to ride... M&D embarrassed them again.. they seem to have it right.. they play everyone equally. and in the last game on Sunday.. which was a SHOWCASE game.. M&D played their backup goalie who was not committed 3/4 of the game to get her looks.. that is what a real organization who cares about their players do... gets all the kids looks.. Good luck with the summer of 2018.. wont be any different than the summer of 2016 or 2017. Oh and can't wait for certain girls who wont show up to the " mandatory " winter practices.. while Curcio said if you don't show up you wont play.. how she will enforce that??? she didn't enforce it this weekend I can tell you that.

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard