Tryouts launched for Igloo Lacrosse, Legacy Lacrosse & Many More Club Teams - Check Our Forums > Tryouts to see when other teams have touts!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Main Forum Philadelphia & Vicinity
by Anonymous - 07/07/22 06:48 AM
Girls 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 07/07/22 06:22 AM
Girls 2025-9th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/07/22 06:04 AM
Boys 2026-8th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/07/22 12:51 AM
Boys 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/07/22 12:36 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,160
Posts342,060
Members2,466
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 16 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 15 16
Re: Boys 2026 - 4th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
Anonymous #249957 11/12/17 12:34 AM
M
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
M
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by meco24
Originally Posted by meco24
What are some good winter clinics in Nassau area?

Anyone have experience with any of these? They seem to be good options for this upcoming winter.
LI Sports HUB
fl$
LI Outlaws

Storm Academy is really good. Its in West Hempstead

Ah. I saw that one. Their site is hard to navigate. Looks like their program began already.

Classes start Week of Nov 6th

Again thanks for the recommendation. My son started this week and loved it.

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

TM@BOTC #251198 11/21/17 10:24 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking for some feedback/opinions with respect to defensive minded coaches and teams at this age level. For most, this is the first year they can go long pole but not many teams seem to have the separate coaching for the defensive players (i.e., defensive coordinator) or separate during practices for defensive specific drills. Dedicated defensemen seem to get lumped in with the group -- mainly an offensive game -- and aren't given the detailed instruction. We're committed to a team this year but, looking forward, want to keep eyes and options open... even when it comes to position clinics/camps (limited for D as well). Any experiences or thoughts (past/present)?

Anonymous #251199 11/21/17 10:35 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking for some feedback/opinions with respect to defensive minded coaches and teams at this age level. For most, this is the first year they can go long pole but not many teams seem to have the separate coaching for the defensive players (i.e., defensive coordinator) or separate during practices for defensive specific drills. Dedicated defensemen seem to get lumped in with the group -- mainly an offensive game -- and aren't given the detailed instruction. We're committed to a team this year but, looking forward, want to keep eyes and options open... even when it comes to position clinics/camps (limited for D as well). Any experiences or thoughts (past/present)?

4th graders dude. They should still be learning all positions at this age and not be dedicated to one position. Don’t worry about defensive specific coaching yet.

Anonymous #251203 11/21/17 10:46 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm not sure about the 2026 91 coaches specifically but the 91 program itself runs a weekly clinic over the winter that is broken down by position. It is included in each players tuition. Defensemen train specifically on defense, train with long poles and skills related to playing the position. My kid did it last year and got a lot out of it, plus it was fun. Last year they had Nicky Polanco of the Bayhawks running it.

If you son wants to play with a pole, the first part of that can/should be done at home. Start with a goalie shaft so you don't have to cut down an expensive long pole. Goalie shafts are less expensive and are 40" long which is perfect for a new pole. Get him outside doing wall ball and learning to handle the longer shaft. Then roll out some ground balls and practice scooping them on the run. If he's liking it all get him a defensive head like the STX Hammer and have it strung with a high pocket (better for ground balls). Once he's comfortable with the stick, send him to practice with it.

Anonymous #251237 11/21/17 01:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm not sure about the 2026 91 coaches specifically but the 91 program itself runs a weekly clinic over the winter that is broken down by position. It is included in each players tuition. Defensemen train specifically on defense, train with long poles and skills related to playing the position. My kid did it last year and got a lot out of it, plus it was fun. Last year they had Nicky Polanco of the Bayhawks running it.

If you son wants to play with a pole, the first part of that can/should be done at home. Start with a goalie shaft so you don't have to cut down an expensive long pole. Goalie shafts are less expensive and are 40" long which is perfect for a new pole. Get him outside doing wall ball and learning to handle the longer shaft. Then roll out some ground balls and practice scooping them on the run. If he's liking it all get him a defensive head like the STX Hammer and have it strung with a high pocket (better for ground balls). Once he's comfortable with the stick, send him to practice with it.

Appreciate the feedback on 91. I'm sure as the years move on, they progress more with position specifics. Good to know what's out there.

Sponsored Links
Anonymous #253025 12/18/17 05:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or go to a club like Tomahawks and pay $1800 to get the winter practices, fall tournaments and spring practices and tournaments!! More bang for your buck!

Anonymous #253068 12/19/17 10:30 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or go to a club like Tomahawks and pay $1800 to get the winter practices, fall tournaments and spring practices and tournaments!! More bang for your buck!

And probably play with kids that can't catch and throw. No one is learning from that. Who the heck are the tomahawks anyway?

Anonymous #253072 12/19/17 10:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And probably play with kids that can't catch and throw. No one is learning from that. Who the heck are the tomahawks anyway?

<smh>

TM@BOTC #253232 12/20/17 10:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does all club organizations charged an extra tournament fee @ $125 per kid per tournament on top of there yearly tuition without discussing it with the team ??? New to club and seems like a money grab . Thanks

Anonymous #253252 12/21/17 08:02 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does all club organizations charged an extra tournament fee @ $125 per kid per tournament on top of there yearly tuition without discussing it with the team ??? New to club and seems like a money grab . Thanks

Yes Legacy does it year after year after year guess they have to pay for there X-Mas party.

Sponsored Links
Anonymous #253270 12/21/17 10:46 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No. Not all clubs do this.

Anonymous #253841 01/03/18 02:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes Legacy does it year after year after year guess they have to pay for there X-Mas party.

Every club does this. Please tell me what great organization doesn't. Legacy asked for input on tourneys before they finalized, so if you had a problem, why didn't you say anything to the coach before crying on here like a little [ChillLaxin].

Anonymous #253847 01/03/18 02:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every club does this. Please tell me what great organization doesn't. Legacy asked for input on tourneys before they finalized, so if you had a problem, why didn't you say anything to the coach before crying on here like a little baby.

With three boys having in played with five different organizations, I have never paid extra for a tournament other than one time when it was decided upon by parents AND coaches to enter into an additional tourney above and beyond the pre-agreed upon (and padi for!) number. So, "no", it doesn't happen with every club, and not even even with most!

Anonymous #253868 01/03/18 04:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every club does this. Please tell me what great organization doesn't. Legacy asked for input on tourneys before they finalized, so if you had a problem, why didn't you say anything to the coach before crying on here like a little [ChillLaxin].

With three boys having in played with five different organizations, I have never paid extra for a tournament other than one time when it was decided upon by parents AND coaches to enter into an additional tourney above and beyond the pre-agreed upon (and padi for!) number. So, "no", it doesn't happen with every club, and not even even with most!

Ok, so, registration for Legacy states that 4 tourneys were included in tuition. Coach asked for input on schedule. They are going to 5 tourneys this summer. So they want money for the extra tourney. I believe they were very transparent with it.

Anonymous #253873 01/03/18 05:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok, so, registration for Legacy states that 4 tourneys were included in tuition. Coach asked for input on schedule. They are going to 5 tourneys this summer. So they want money for the extra tourney. I believe they were very transparent with it.

Most clubs do 5 or 6 tourneys - why 'commit' to 4, take payment for same, and then add another one after?? Commit to 5 or 6, take payment for them and be done with it, and no issues thereafter like they have now.

Page 7 of 16 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard