BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Girls 2020 - 10th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Left Maryland last weekend to attend Sunday night and well worth it. Prime time and Lax Clash were a waste. Especially Lax Clash, No competition to speak of. Rather have my kid one of 80 in front of 15 head coaches then 1 of several hundred in front of assistants that spend more time on their phone than watching. Although previous poster was correct that many of best players did not attend, a few did shine .Coaches know what they are looking for. Speaking of a Florida Team beating YJ's, a 2020 goalie from Florida was at showcase and was insanely good. good as any I have seen in the class.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
This event was everything it was advertised to be and more. every coach listed was there! and it wasn't a showcase, these coaches were on the fields coaching every moment. it was costly but not when you look at what you got, instruction from the top coaches in the country.

You got a CLINIC for $600! Thats what you got. If you think that is a deal I have a bridge I am selling for 50% off but you must act NOW!

Money is not a problem for me. I don't even think twice about it. Im not stressed about a scholarship. My daughter had a great experience.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Left Maryland last weekend to attend Sunday night and well worth it. Prime time and Lax Clash were a waste. Especially Lax Clash, No competition to speak of. Rather have my kid one of 80 in front of 15 head coaches then 1 of several hundred in front of assistants that spend more time on their phone than watching. Although previous poster was correct that many of best players did not attend, a few did shine .Coaches know what they are looking for. Speaking of a Florida Team beating YJ's, a 2020 goalie from Florida was at showcase and was insanely good. good as any I have seen in the class.

beat by the florida team?? the studs got smoked.. funny it is supposed to be a recruiting tournament and YJ had a short bench all weekend.. haaaaaaaaaaa suckers..

The score wasn't posted?

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
8-2

My daughter told me that Florida Select has a handful is 2021s out there as well.

YJ Blue held to just 2 goals.

Wow

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And let me guess! The club programs are not, thanking you @ Christmas time lol. Oh I get it my little Suzy is committed,or maybe not but still pays for tryouts, for the same team they been playing with for over a decade. Oh I get it. My little Suzy is so good she does “NOT” attend anything without the other club girls because the directors told us not too. And this line, all the good girls only play for YJ. Well you should have attended Sunday’s Elite 80 and look at the 3 girls that stood out, and the coaches were going crazy for. All great shooters, field awareness, stick work, and one who would run circles around most kids on YJ. If they are not committed as of yet! They diffently left a great impression on the coaches in attendance. As some of the coaches gave special attention on field #2 to numbers 7,46, and #54 that kid is something to watch. And my daughters A team TG coach was there, a bit surprising but still an excellent event.

Of course SS was there, for $5,000 she will also come to your house for three hours

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're new to this aren't you? The assistants are looking at the tournament rosters on their phone and taking notes. There are others with tablets if they prefer to carry the extra device. But, there are very few that carry the big binders around in their hands. Those are usually in their backpacks or they just opt not to get one. The coaches that do receive programs/rosters from some teams at fields will usually use those to jot down notes or check to see who is committed because the rosters passed out by the teams are up to date. If you think those assistants that are sitting near you are not paying attention and just texting away to their buddies - you are probably one of those parents spouting off constantly at the refs and trying to coach your kid from the sidelines. We are on our third and last kid in this process/game - the coaches don't need to watch for too long and they also are not concerned about how good your kid is dodging around cones or picking up ground balls at a clinic. They want to see how your kid performs against the Maryland kids or deals with adversity while getting beat by a Maryland team. If your team just rolled over the competition - good, then I hope your daughter won with grace and showed sportsmanship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And let me guess! The club programs are not, thanking you @ Christmas time lol. Oh I get it my little Suzy is committed,or maybe not but still pays for tryouts, for the same team they been playing with for over a decade. Oh I get it. My little Suzy is so good she does “NOT” attend anything without the other club girls because the directors told us not too. And this line, all the good girls only play for YJ. Well you should have attended Sunday’s Elite 80 and look at the 3 girls that stood out, and the coaches were going crazy for. All great shooters, field awareness, stick work, and one who would run circles around most kids on YJ. If they are not committed as of yet! They diffently left a great impression on the coaches in attendance. As some of the coaches gave special attention on field #2 to numbers 7,46, and #54 that kid is something to watch. And my daughters A team TG coach was there, a bit surprising but still an excellent event.

Of course SS was there, for $5,000 she will also come to your house for three hours
i dont kno why you're singling SS out. They all out the money in their pockets fool

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're new to this aren't you? The assistants are looking at the tournament rosters on their phone and taking notes. There are others with tablets if they prefer to carry the extra device. But, there are very few that carry the big binders around in their hands. Those are usually in their backpacks or they just opt not to get one. The coaches that do receive programs/rosters from some teams at fields will usually use those to jot down notes or check to see who is committed because the rosters passed out by the teams are up to date. If you think those assistants that are sitting near you are not paying attention and just texting away to their buddies - you are probably one of those parents spouting off constantly at the refs and trying to coach your kid from the sidelines. We are on our third and last kid in this process/game - the coaches don't need to watch for too long and they also are not concerned about how good your kid is dodging around cones or picking up ground balls at a clinic. They want to see how your kid performs against the Maryland kids or deals with adversity while getting beat by a Maryland team. If your team just rolled over the competition - good, then I hope your daughter won with grace and showed sportsmanship.

The girls,in general, show more Grace and sportsmanship than 90 % of the posters here. Each kid is different each person's process is different. Show some of that Grace and sportsmanship and allow others to do as they see fit without your expert knowledge. If you went to MD this weekend and your kids found it valuable awesome! If you went to the igloo event and your kid found it valuable awesome. To each their own

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
beat by the florida team?? the studs got smoked.. funny it is supposed to be a recruiting tournament and YJ had a short bench all weekend.. haaaaaaaaaaa suckers..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Alwayslaxin
8-2

My daughter told me that Florida Select has a handful is 2021s out there as well.

YJ Blue held to just 2 goals.

Wow

You do realize YJ Blue is the lower team they use for the Fall? We spanked their older Blue team 11-1...I knew right away that wasnt their committed team as i know most of them...So dont go out there boasting it was a scrub team!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The girls,in general, show more Grace and sportsmanship than 90 % of the posters here. Each kid is different each person's process is different. Show some of that Grace and sportsmanship and allow others to do as they see fit without your expert knowledge. If you went to MD this weekend and your kids found it valuable awesome! If you went to the igloo event and your kid found it valuable awesome. To each their own

And I don't quite get the money thing. What does it cost to go to a tournament? Hotel/Meals/Milage & gas/tournament fee ... most of the time it approaches $400-$600 anyway, right?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Several key 2020 kids not there since it was a fall tournament but there is still enough talent to be more competitive. M&D also lost a few games for the same reason

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Im not a YJ Fan nor am I from LI..but the YJ Blue teams were not their top team by any stretch! That was a C or D team ...so dont get too excited

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And I don't quite get the money thing. What does it cost to go to a tournament? Hotel/Meals/Milage & gas/tournament fee ... most of the time it approaches $400-$600 anyway, right?

For all you newbies to the process: An Elite Camp/Event is when you are chosen and invited. IE: The Elite 120 which truly was with some exceptions the Best of the East Coast top clubs. After the new rule these are money grabs. Notice how many have popped up in the last year? If you r club is on the weaker side I guess spend the money if you think Sally is going to work hard and shine. Otherwise the coaches say Thank you for Shopping...Elite 80? really? I would love to know the make up of that group. Look up the definition of Elite- The Elite 120 was ELITE. Some of the folks who have older kids know what I'm talking about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes your right....2 commits did not attend.....the other 12 commits were there with others from their A Team. A far cry from a 'scrub' team buddy...stop the excuses....they got beat...no big deal.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And how do you think that differs from yet another drive down 95? Tournament organizers and club teams say "thanks for shopping".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2020 YJ blue team this past weekend had 18 blue roster players. They were missing 3 girls only. It was YJ’s top 2020 team hands down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Florida team you are talking about is the real deal. Seen them many times . At least 1/3 of team are 21's and believe the kid who committed to Syracuse as an 8th grader is on team . Could be best 2020 in country.They are ballers and not surprised they showed up to beat YJ's.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well said.......Parents are the problem in most sports

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ got beat a Florida Team.......wow....what was the score?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
8-2 is more than a beating, if that was the score.......good for that Florida Team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I will look for them this week. I saw they are at Mid Atlantic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Florida team you are talking about is the real deal. Seen them many times . At least 1/3 of team are 21's and believe the kid who committed to Syracuse as an 8th grader is on team . Could be best 2020 in country.They are ballers and not surprised they showed up to beat YJ's.

I thought the 2020 Syracuse commit was a YJ player? They are on the YJ commit list?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020 Syracuse girl may be best in her class in Florida but not the country. I'm told she was about #6 on depth chart when she played with YJ. Great kid and very good player but not best in the country. Who the heck knows (or cares) who is best in the country anyway with girls playing in every state.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I honestly do not get why people think winnng games in showcase fall tournaments is some big deal. My older kid played YJ years ago and the fall showcase tournament were all about getting kids recruited , no stalling ,play equal time , even kids playing out of normal position at times because a college coach wanted to get a look at them playing a certain position . The same dopes would come on here claiming some kids did not get in the game blah blah.My younger one does not play YJ for many reasons but go win a championship tournament and then you can brag all you want . We played M&D this fall and I will be the first to say it was not the same team that destroyed us over the summer .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

i dont kno why you're singling SS out. They all out the money in their pockets fool

Original post said they were surprised to see her there that's why she was referenced, obviously the $5,000 was more important then coaching her TG teams in Maryland that day...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
when did she play with YJ? I heard it was 3-4 years ago.........who cares what she was on the depth chart there at that time.... are you kidding me.......i agree it doesnt matter who the best in the country is.......but she was the best on the fields for the 2020s this last weekend..........I officiated there. I watched the YJ game against the Florida team.....YJ was outplayed on every facet of the game..........every position..........YJ was missing two players ....that's it.......Florida Select was the better team. Sorry.......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Played YJ two years ago

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
when did she play with YJ? I heard it was 3-4 years ago.........who cares what she was on the depth chart there at that time.... are you kidding me.......i agree it doesnt matter who the best in the country is.......but she was the best on the fields for the 2020s this last weekend..........I officiated there. I watched the YJ game against the Florida team.....YJ was outplayed on every facet of the game..........every position..........YJ was missing two players ....that's it.......Florida Select was the better team. Sorry.......

The dream team just isn't that good. Over hyped and do not play as a team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Original post said they were surprised to see her there that's why she was referenced, obviously the $5,000 was more important then coaching her TG teams in Maryland that day...

Maryland tournament got delayed and then canceled on Sunday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ 2020 dream team has handful of exceptional players and that is it. Mostly average players and below average coaching.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ 2020 dream team has handful of exceptional players and that is it. Mostly average players and below average coaching.

YJ coaching on both 2020 teams has always been lacking. They have some great talent but should do more with what they have. The coaches in that group expect for the TG transfer are all inner circle YJ minions that have played and been with CR fro decades. No way its ever changing. They have made CR a ton of cash

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are all the girls on this team legit 2020 kids?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which team? YJ or the team from Florida?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team from Florida has about 7-8 2021's on the roster. They have only 1 team. no A or B. select group of kids. Florida is starting to produce a lot of D1 talent

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Cuse commit is a holdback for sure, played with them on the Under Armour team this summer. Many of the GA and FL girls were older for 2020 and 2021.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hahaha YJ. I know in showcases it’s not about winning or losing. But to lose to a team with 7-8 21s on the Florida team. HSF

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Cuse commit is a holdback for sure, played with them on the Under Armour team this summer. Many of the GA and FL girls were older for 2020 and 2021.

Everyone outside of LI is a holdback. Where have you been?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And they are probably on HGH.....lol. Must be the reason YJ lost.

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard