BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 24 of 37 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 36 37
Re: Boys 2023- PA and Surrounding Area
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
11 of the kids are.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Look at the picture that was posted on Philly lax and tell me how many of those Dukes kids are from Chesco, Delco or Montgomery county

Guess Lehigh/Northampton, Lancaster and South Jersey don't count for some reason? Because by my count it's 11 total, 9 of whom play for Freedom locally.

http://phillylacrosse.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/Battle-of-the-Bay.jpg

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Freedom beat my sons team easily one question we're did all the DN kids come from? From what I have read there are only a few from this area playing and they had 5-6

Almost DN's entire defense plays locally with Freedom. Multiple middies and attackmen as well. My son is on the team and some have been involved since Freedom Red started last year and others joined the team at tryouts in August. We also added two kids from Sons as well.

Unfortunately you may be right; however, G's reputation for bringing in ringers and playing over-grade kids casts doubts. Unfortunately the by product of associating with a known cheater. Just like the other poster side be wary of anyone that is making a go of lacrosse as their only source of livelihood.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look at the picture that was posted on Philly lax and tell me how many of those Dukes kids are from Chesco, Delco or Montgomery county

Guess Lehigh/Northampton, Lancaster and South Jersey don't count for some reason? Because by my count it's 11 total, 9 of whom play for Freedom locally.

Is that a mullet in the back row? Colored me impressed!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
12 if you want to count [lacrosse]

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gotta love the mullet and let me guess he was born in 2005...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Freedom beat my sons team easily one question we're did all the DN kids come from? From what I have read there are only a few from this area playing and they had 5-6

Almost DN's entire defense plays locally with Freedom. Multiple middies and attackmen as well. My son is on the team and some have been involved since Freedom Red started last year and others joined the team at tryouts in August. We also added two kids from Sons as well.

Unfortunately you may be right; however, G's reputation for bringing in ringers and playing over-grade kids casts doubts. Unfortunately the by product of associating with a known cheater. Just like the other poster side be wary of anyone that is making a go of lacrosse as their only source of livelihood.

May be right about what?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is that a mullet in the back row? Colored me impressed!!

That mullet is fantastic.
I wonder how many MPG his Honda Civic gets? Think the other parents care if he drives them there?
He has to be a MD kid. Guarantee he's at least 14.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My little Johnny will reclass this summer. He's a late summer birthday therefore youngest in his class/on his team. Very underdeveloped, physically.
From a coaching perspective, who offers the best at this level?
I give zero Fs about winning tourneys for t shirts. Just want him to continue to grow his acumen for the game and skillset.
Looking for good coaching (pref not by daddy).
Programs we've ruled out:
BL (geographically a nightmare to get to)
RS (I know too much about this program to take a chance)
Programs we're considering:
Mesa
NXT
Freedom
I realize what I'm setting myself up for by asking on this forum...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Based on what you wrote he wouldn't make the BL team so you won't have to worry. No shot with Freedom either and they have all Dad coaches as well. MESA pure money grab at this point.

Best bet would be NXT or Fusion, top quality coaches, no Dads and both have teams he could probably make.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seriously mullet? These kids are 12 years old and I thought we weren't supposed to single out ? My son is also in that picture...but your son is not

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kudos to you--I had the exact same thought when I read that stuff. Grown "adults" talking smack about children because. . .God I don't even know why. It's disgusting and some people truly need to take a long look in the mirror.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you...I have only commented on a few times, I read this for entertainment actually but come on...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All 3 are good programs I’m not sure why everyone on here has to be an [lacrosse]. Call the coaches and have a conversation and see what is the best fit.

My little Johnny will reclass this summer. He's a late summer birthday therefore youngest in his class/on his team. Very underdeveloped, physically.
I give zero Fs about winning tourneys for t shirts. Just want him to continue to grow his acumen for the game and skillset.
Mesa
NXT
Freedom

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seriously mullet? These kids are 12 years old and I thought we weren't supposed to single out ? My son is also in that picture...but your son is not

They are all 12 years old.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well that rules Freedom out because its all dads. Talk to their 2021 parents, no development. Mesa has no consistency in coaching, BL has some good coaches not at all levels, RS looks like they hired legit coaches, NXT is hit or miss.
All 3 are good programs I’m not sure why everyone on here has to be an [lacrosse]. Call the coaches and have a conversation and see what is the best fit.

Mesa
NXT
Freedom

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well that rules Freedom out because its all dads.

Just out of curiosity--why are lacrosse coaches who are fathers instantly invalidated? I get that the original post said "(pref not by daddy)", but this is actually a bigger question.

My son is on a team where there is a father who is a coach. That coach happens to have a ton of coaching/playing experience and is a fantastic coach. My son has grown as a lacrosse player and absolutely loves the coach. I understand that I've seen that "Daddy Ball" coaching can really ruin the experience, but I guess I'm talking more about the stuff I see from people where it makes it seem like if you are a father you are instantly disqualified as a legitimate coach no matter what.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are great coaches that are dads however it all comes down to daddy ball. Even the most objective minded dad coach cannot truly be objective in the minds of the team. It is a cancer, there is always a player/ family that will take issues with the coach/son dynamic. I have often seen that the objectivity isn't solely between the father and son. There are invariably, friends, neighbors, etc. who's playing time and position are impacted as well. The lacrosse world is filled with dad's and sons. By all accounts Danowski, Sowers, Tierney to name just a few all coached their sons and their success speaks for itself; however, nobody ever talks to the parents and players on those teams to better understand the impact whether good or bad. In theory it can be successful but I think most of us would agree that the situation is less than ideal which is why the original poster likely listed it as a concern.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree dat dude dupid

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every age group is different for all clubs.... find out who the coach is, their experience, where they played, where they've coached in the past, talk to them, and talk to the parents on the current team. Make an educated decision. There are tons of clubs, find one that fits your sons ability. Don't shoot too high or low, be honest with yourself so you don't end up having a bad experience. If your kid is the best on the team or will struggle to find playing time it's not the right fit.

Well that rules Freedom out because its all dads. Talk to their 2021 parents, no development. Mesa has no consistency in coaching, BL has some good coaches not at all levels, RS looks like they hired legit coaches, NXT is hit or miss.

Mesa
NXT
Freedom

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are great coaches that are dads however it all comes down to daddy ball. Even the most objective minded dad coach cannot truly be objective in the minds of the team. It is a cancer, there is always a player/ family that will take issues with the coach/son dynamic. I have often seen that the objectivity isn't solely between the father and son. There are invariably, friends, neighbors, etc. who's playing time and position are impacted as well. The lacrosse world is filled with dad's and sons. By all accounts Danowski, Sowers, Tierney to name just a few all coached their sons and their success speaks for itself; however, nobody ever talks to the parents and players on those teams to better understand the impact whether good or bad. In theory it can be successful but I think most of us would agree that the situation is less than ideal which is why the original poster likely listed it as a concern.
Well said.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every age group is different for all clubs.... find out who the coach is, their experience, where they played, where they've coached in the past, talk to them, and talk to the parents on the current team. Make an educated decision. There are tons of clubs, find one that fits your sons ability. Don't shoot too high or low, be honest with yourself so you don't end up having a bad experience. If your kid is the best on the team or will struggle to find playing time it's not the right fit.

Mesa
NXT
Freedom

My son plays for one of the teams you eliminate from contention. In my opinion here are the most important components and I think you will find them at all three of your final choices. But it really comes down to your son and what kind of kid he is.

1. Quality Coaches
2. Connection and Rapport. Do the coaches actually have a rapport with the kids. I have seen some coaches that look great on paper but they build no rapport.
3. Quality Repetition. In my opinion Rec Lacrosse is dying a slow death and quality reps are the focus which you will not get in "most" rec teams lesser clubs.
4. Quality Competition. I think NXT plays the lightest schedule of the three you listed but they are getting better. You don't want to play for a teams playing in crappy tourneys.
5. Peers. Is your kid the type that makes friends easily, if not got to a team that he has classmates/friends. It can be lonely not to mention logistics.
6. Fun. I see a lot of kids where the "light" has gone out in their eyes. You can see it in their eyes and their body language. Thats when you know the kid is no longer having fun.

Best of luck to you after all aren't we all walking the same path.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sankey joining forces with TD and TS....please someone warn him before it's too late

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is TD and TS

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Total [lacrosse] and Total Slime....two local coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
https://big5lacrosse.com/

RS seems to be the only one promoting it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So both teams best 2023 players are too old and their 2024 players aren’t good enough so shop around all of Pennsylvania to field a team. Yup sounds like a great idea! More lax non sense just what we needed

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But TS is in charge, what could go wrong?

So both teams best 2023 players are too old and their 2024 players aren’t good enough so shop around all of Pennsylvania to field a team. Yup sounds like a great idea! More lax non sense just what we needed

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But TS is in charge, what could go wrong?
Hahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bucks Select will dominate in 2018. Heard it here first.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Always a good program, but I thought they were Team 11 now?

Bucks Select will dominate in 2018. Heard it here first.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dukes Nationals MiniCamp is a disgrace. Unprofessional, Unsafe, NO evaluation at all. 4 inches of snow. Can't see white balls, feet and hands frost bitten and right next door to an indoor facility. G just too cheap to pay or just too stupid and totally unprepared

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone attend the tryout? Anyone except Rising sons kids there?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is the tie, if any, between RS & Big 4? Not from Philly area

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Big 5 you mean? The tie appears to be the director of RS and the coach of their 2023 program are working with other local clubs to put together a team to try and qualify for the WSYL.

Not to be confused with Big 4 which is a standalone club in the SE PA area and a member of the NLF

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Big 5 you mean? The tie appears to be the director of RS and the coach of their 2023 program are working with other local clubs to put together a team to try and qualify for the WSYL.

Not to be confused with Big 4 which is a standalone club in the SE PA area and a member of the NLF

Understand Big 5 is tied to RS & T11..

So RS has no ties to Big 4H?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
RS and Team 11

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Brotherly Love, Team 11, Mesa, Sons, NXT, Dukes National, Crabs, Freedom, HHH had kids there. Team 11 had the most

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Brotherly Love, Team 11, Mesa, Sons, NXT, Dukes National, Crabs, Freedom, HHH had kids there. Team 11 had the most

Crabs? Since when is Maryland part of Pennsylvania?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs? Since when is Maryland part of Pennsylvania?

less than 100 miles away.. within WSLY rules

Like Reply Quote
Page 24 of 37 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 36 37
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard