BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,700
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 49 of 101 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 100 101
Re: Boys 2024 - 6th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If my kid is a 2024 and playing against 2023s, I'm okay with that. Makes him tougher. Too many participation trophies these days. None of these kids will remember who they played in 6th grade anyway, unless they get cut and don't make varsity! "Coach, how come I don't start varsity?! I was on the team that beat Taz in 6th grade!" Oh that's right, no one cares. Instead, tell Jr to make sure he can throw/catch/shoot with both hands, defend someone bigger and faster than him, and pick up a ground ball without falling over. Enjoy watching him play, maybe even have him play a fall and winter sport, and remind him that the MLL pays $750/game so paying attention in school actually matters. And all of you "never-was" dads just enjoy the fact that having a kid gives you purpose, but you cannot live through them (or they'll be a never was like you).

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Do they have 2004 birthdays?

If not yet they will come 8th grade

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WP playing mustang classic 2023

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yes...2023 division

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks Great.. !!! Good lUCk.. Afraid of MADLAX .. !!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If my kid is a 2024 and playing against 2023s, I'm okay with that. Makes him tougher. Too many participation trophies these days. None of these kids will remember who they played in 6th grade anyway, unless they get cut and don't make varsity! "Coach, how come I don't start varsity?! I was on the team that beat Taz in 6th grade!" Oh that's right, no one cares. Instead, tell Jr to make sure he can throw/catch/shoot with both hands, defend someone bigger and faster than him, and pick up a ground ball without falling over. Enjoy watching him play, maybe even have him play a fall and winter sport, and remind him that the MLL pays $750/game so paying attention in school actually matters. And all of you "never-was" dads just enjoy the fact that having a kid gives you purpose, but you cannot live through them (or they'll be a never was like you).

What do you do when you are the parent of a hold back, which sounds like you are, and your son can't do much? You tell everyone how awesome he is and he throws the ball away constantly. Do you parlay it and possibly make him a double hold back? Something to think about

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What do you do when you are the parent of a hold back, which sounds like you are, and your son can't do much? You tell everyone how awesome he is and he throws the ball away constantly. Do you parlay it and possibly make him a double hold back? Something to think about

Yes I do. College coaches prefer it. just look at the rosters

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yes...2023 division

Fake news. WP taking fall off.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If my kid is a 2024 and playing against 2023s, I'm okay with that. Makes him tougher. Too many participation trophies these days. None of these kids will remember who they played in 6th grade anyway, unless they get cut and don't make varsity! "Coach, how come I don't start varsity?! I was on the team that beat Taz in 6th grade!" Oh that's right, no one cares. Instead, tell Jr to make sure he can throw/catch/shoot with both hands, defend someone bigger and faster than him, and pick up a ground ball without falling over. Enjoy watching him play, maybe even have him play
a fall and winter sport, and remind him that the MLL pays $750/game so paying attention in school actually matters. And all of you "never-was" dads just enjoy the fact that having a kid gives you purpose, but you cannot live through them (or they'll be a never was like you).

Yes I do. College coaches prefer it. just look at the rosters

Wow. There are some real nut cases on this site.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ahhhhhh. The Madlax stalker is baaaaaaack!! Where you been, on a 4 week solo cup binge??

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Congrats on making MADLAX the most hated 11 year old team on the planet! You must be proud!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yes...2023 division

you should tell the tournament organizers

http://www.tourneymachine.com/Publi...ivision=h20171101124415781bb827ab39ee548

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yes...2023 division

Don’t believe everything you read, WP stalker.

The obsession with WP continues, I see...

I’ll let you know when the next autograph session is, so you and your son can be first in line.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

I’ll let you know when the next autograph session is, so you and your son can be first in line.

[/quote]

LOL! Many Pack daddies aren't happy when all the other top teams playing. Great business move by the organization. same tuition and less tourneys. suckers!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

LOL! Many Pack daddies aren't happy when all the other top teams playing. Great business move by the organization. same tuition and less tourneys. suckers!
[/quote]

Not a WP Parent, but what’s it like to be an adult and be consumed by an obsession with a bunch of 11 year olds. Weird, no??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone recommend a good box program?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thats the new 2024 91 team at Mustang, just made a clerical mistake

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sucker? If you think $3000 is a lot of $ for what these boys are being taught you should throw yourself off a bridge. Easy with the name calling middle management man. Oh and your jealousy shines through pal. WP is at the top of the 2024 food chain. Period. Drive to DE to beat up teams they have beaten consistently every season.. makes no sense. There's another tryout next year Daddy, maybe just maybe one day the little guy will be able to pull it off. Once again beat them consistently and talk, until then there is nothing for you to say.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

Sucker? If you think $3000 is a lot of $ for what these boys are being taught you should throw yourself off a bridge. Easy with the name calling middle management man. Oh and your jealousy shines through pal. WP is at the top of the 2024 food chain. Period. Drive to DE to beat up teams they have beaten consistently every season.. makes no sense. There's another tryout next year Daddy, maybe just maybe one day the little guy will be able to pull it off. Once again beat them consistently and talk, until then there is nothing for you to say. [/quote]

Legacy is your daddy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sucker? If you think $3000 is a lot of $ for what these boys are being taught you should throw yourself off a bridge. Easy with the name calling middle management man. Oh and your jealousy shines through pal. WP is at the top of the 2024 food chain. Period. Drive to DE to beat up teams they have beaten consistently every season.. makes no sense. There's another tryout next year Daddy, maybe just maybe one day the little guy will be able to pull it off. Once again beat them consistently and talk, until then there is nothing for you to say. [/quote]

Legacy is your daddy[/quote]

Love our Taz brothers, but there can be only one Daddy. And the big daddy of 2024 is Pack-Daddy!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Island Box is starting and getting good reviews

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is it box lacrosse or indoor lacrosse?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's box lacrosse. We went to one of the clinics and my son enjoyed it. My son only plays box.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Youth football also has a weight limit for each age group - this could also be implemented. This would make things really fair.

Don't want to harp on an irrelevant comment but there are no weight limits for youth football in pal and middle school, at least not in suffolk[/quote]

NCYFL has weight limits for all ages. [/quote]

As this sport is growing the clubs have become so consumed with winning and driving up registrations. The more you win, the more kids want to play for you and the more parents will want to pay to be on those winning clubs . We all know the cycle. These clubs, they are not just overlooking but neglecting the Integrity that is most important in youth sports. There must be a regulatory age requirement put in place immediately. This should be enforced at all tournaments and with all clubs. It has become an epidemic. Every tournament and every game there is a huge percentage of potential injury having older boys playing down with younger aged boys. Regardless of grade!! but where does a concerned parent turn? This is a great sport that my son loves, but it has a huge flaw that EVERY parent speaks of . Something needs to be done.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
box is fun and gets them moving the ball in tight places, Winter they should be playing basketball .. one day a week work on the lacrosse to keep the rust off and you should be good to go come Feb/March. Ask any college coach you know how many kids they recruit and they drop in second year because of burnout. Keep it real my friends, its lacrosse.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
they arent gone my son plays for them was just at practice Sunday night

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Youth football also has a weight limit for each age group - this could also be implemented. This would make things really fair.

Don't want to harp on an irrelevant comment but there are no weight limits for youth football in pal and middle school, at least not in suffolk

NCYFL has weight limits for all ages. [/quote]

As this sport is growing the clubs have become so consumed with winning and driving up registrations. The more you win, the more kids want to play for you and the more parents will want to pay to be on those winning clubs . We all know the cycle. These clubs, they are not just overlooking but neglecting the Integrity that is most important in youth sports. There must be a regulatory age requirement put in place immediately. This should be enforced at all tournaments and with all clubs. It has become an epidemic. Every tournament and every game there is a huge percentage of potential injury having older boys playing down with younger aged boys. Regardless of grade!! but where does a concerned parent turn? This is a great sport that my son loves, but it has a huge flaw that EVERY parent speaks of . Something needs to be done. [/quote]

Do your part: https://www.uslacrosse.org/about-us-lacrosse/contact-us

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is it box lacrosse or indoor lacrosse?

It is Box. Probably the only true Box program around.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't want to harp on an irrelevant comment but there are no weight limits for youth football in pal and middle school, at least not in suffolk

NCYFL has weight limits for all ages.
please.. the difference is so min.

As this sport is growing the clubs have become so consumed with winning and driving up registrations. The more you win, the more kids want to play for you and the more parents will want to pay to be on those winning clubs . We all know the cycle. These clubs, they are not just overlooking but neglecting the Integrity that is most important in youth sports. There must be a regulatory age requirement put in place immediately. This should be enforced at all tournaments and with all clubs. It has become an epidemic. Every tournament and every game there is a huge percentage of potential injury having older boys playing down with younger aged boys. Regardless of grade!! but where does a concerned parent turn? This is a great sport that my son loves, but it has a huge flaw that EVERY parent speaks of . Something needs to be done. [/quote]

Do your part: https://www.uslacrosse.org/about-us-lacrosse/contact-us[/quote] The P.A.L bases lacrosse from 8/31- to the following 8/31 which has
kids of mixed birth years. which was the system for youth soccer for years. it will all work itself out. but bottom line, most kids play for teams based on the grade they are in which also has mixed birth years.(basketball, football, girls lacrosse, field hockey, ETC..) when it changes it will change. So enough with the excuses. if your kid is good he will stand out. it wont make a difference if a kid is 6 months older than him. By 8th grade it will all even out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So does Team 24 show up at Mustang this weekend? Do they have a coach? Carlos made some mess of the program

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How can you have 2 teams at the grade and then completely fall apart? We need another contender on LI. TAZ is looking small and I would love to see another team rise up and make some noise.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How can you have 2 teams at the grade and then completely fall apart? We need another contender on LI. TAZ is looking small and I would love to see another team rise up and make some noise.

And your point is....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Taz and Express. Go down to DE this weekend and put a good woop’n on mad daddy for us. Remember. They only got 2 kids to be concerned with. Shut them down and it’s smooth sailing. The rest are mediocre at best. Good luck to the LI boys!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And your point is....

i have seen Taz play a few times. Still look strong to me . playing strong lacrosse and a couple of big kids on the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Taz and Express. Go down to DE this weekend and put a good woop’n on mad daddy for us. Remember. They only got 2 kids to be concerned with. Shut them down and it’s smooth sailing. The rest are mediocre at best. Good luck to the LI boys!!

Too bad no WP or Hawks. Then you would have tops
In the age group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone recommend a good box program?

Island Box Lacrosse. We only went once, but my son said he learned a lot and had a lot of fun.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Too bad no WP or Hawks. Then you would have tops
In the age group.

Hawks????

I don’t know what team your kid plays for, but it’s obviously not one of the “top” teams, because Hawks can not be classified as a “top” team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And your point is....

i have seen Taz play a few times. Still look strong to me . playing strong lacrosse and a couple of big kids on the team.

Not a Taz Parent, but Taz has some of the top players in the 2024 game. It is one of the best teams at this age, although neurotic at times with their inconsistency. Anybody that bashes this team is either a pot stirrer or completely clueless about the game of Lacrosse. The latter confuse size with quality. Look at the record. That’s all you need to know.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watch out for Bethesda - picked up a few very good 2023 holdbacks, if they all show up this weekend, they're a better team than madlax

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which Outlaw team is going to the Bulldog this weekend?

Page 49 of 101 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 100 101

Link Copied to Clipboard