BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,715
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 25 of 48 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 47 48
Re: Boys 2025 - 5th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

As has been pointed out in previous posts, that is non starter as an argument - EVERY other NCAA sport has no issue recruiting student athletes that play age-based. Please try again!

I am not an expert on all sports and all recruiting processes but I am pretty well versed on lacrosse recruiting - I am not aware of another sport that the school season is practically meaningless and most to all of the recruiting is done through summer teams/ tournaments and showcases ALL of which are done by graduating class not birth year. If you want to look at Hockey that is similar as it is also a non revenue sport. From the get go youth hockey is age based not graduating year based and it works for them because the golden ring in hockey is the NHL draft and that is age based. For lacrosse the ultimate prize is a recruited spot on a college team and that was, is and always will be grade based, it is how the college coaches like it and it is how it is always going to be.

You've made no sense in your attempts to justify this. Whether or not its lacrosse or football (non-revenue versus revenue), all student athletes being recruited are almost exclusively high schoolers. A college coach needs to know and recruit accordingly based upon that SA's graduation date. For some reason, you are saying that college lacrosse coaches are either: 1. dumb, or 2. too lazy to be able to do what every other sports' coaches have to do, revenue sport or not, which is to parse through players and know who is graduating when, and how to recruit any prospective SA respectively. Further, an age-based system is easier to recruit against than HS recruiting as a majority of athletes at any age are predominantly still in the proper/expected grade for their age, which also begs the question as to why any system should be catering to the minority versus the majority. The bigger point is other than being a sport that anyone here on BOTC already knows - that lax is great sport to plan and watch, the sport isn't special in any OTHER way, so there is still no argument that it should behave differently, and the argument that "it is what is is" is NOT an even an argument!

As you are a parent of a 5th grader I can understand your naivety and your speaking from the heart when you, unfortunately have no idea what you are talking about. I believe it was the overrated Bob Dylan who said "If your child is in 5th grade and you believe in age based your are an idealist, but if you are a parent of a high school student and you believe in age based you are a fool" Stop worrying about who is beating your kid and worry about making him better...

The presumptions fly hot and heavy on BOTC - in that I am also a parent of HS and post HS aged boys, there is no naivete on my part - in fact, I probably more to draw upon than you do considering my involvement in sports, youth and otherwise. I couldn't care less whether my son's win anything - they win some, they lose some. Age-based play is what is best for the sport, but you still don't get that there is NO legitimate argument for grade-based play below HS AND that there are plenty of people who devote great amounts of time and effort to improve something beyond self interest - you wouldn't know anything about that since you only view things through the prism of what's in it for you.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tired of this mix nuts team. Any team would be able to beat the top travel teams if they took the some of the best kids from other teams. It's essentially a all star team. Mix nuts is made up of 91, ducks and geese. You should beat any travel team. Shut up already!!!!

They are All Stars!!! You betcha' !!!

Just out of curiosity, are you the fat coach who’s shirts are always too small and sounds like High Pitch Eric from the Howard Stern Show? Or are you the grumpy bald coach who just yells for everyone to pass to his kid the entire game?

I'm the one who is snickering at you (and your son) as we coast to another 'ship. I've got some shirts for you though. Loser.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tired of this mix nuts team. Any team would be able to beat the top travel teams if they took the some of the best kids from other teams. It's essentially a all star team. Mix nuts is made up of 91, ducks and geese. You should beat any travel team. Shut up already!!!!

They are All Stars!!! You betcha' !!!

Just out of curiosity, are you the fat coach who’s shirts are always too small and sounds like High Pitch Eric from the Howard Stern Show? Or are you the grumpy bald coach who just yells for everyone to pass to his kid the entire game?

I'm the one who is snickering at you (and your son) as we coast to another 'ship. I've got some shirts for you though. Loser.

Solid retort.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Mustang Classic schedule has been released

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh boy looks like a battle of the Titans!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As has been pointed out in previous posts, that is non starter as an argument - EVERY other NCAA sport has no issue recruiting student athletes that play age-based. Please try again!

I am not an expert on all sports and all recruiting processes but I am pretty well versed on lacrosse recruiting - I am not aware of another sport that the school season is practically meaningless and most to all of the recruiting is done through summer teams/ tournaments and showcases ALL of which are done by graduating class not birth year. If you want to look at Hockey that is similar as it is also a non revenue sport. From the get go youth hockey is age based not graduating year based and it works for them because the golden ring in hockey is the NHL draft and that is age based. For lacrosse the ultimate prize is a recruited spot on a college team and that was, is and always will be grade based, it is how the college coaches like it and it is how it is always going to be.

You've made no sense in your attempts to justify this. Whether or not its lacrosse or football (non-revenue versus revenue), all student athletes being recruited are almost exclusively high schoolers. A college coach needs to know and recruit accordingly based upon that SA's graduation date. For some reason, you are saying that college lacrosse coaches are either: 1. dumb, or 2. too lazy to be able to do what every other sports' coaches have to do, revenue sport or not, which is to parse through players and know who is graduating when, and how to recruit any prospective SA respectively. Further, an age-based system is easier to recruit against than HS recruiting as a majority of athletes at any age are predominantly still in the proper/expected grade for their age, which also begs the question as to why any system should be catering to the minority versus the majority. The bigger point is other than being a sport that anyone here on BOTC already knows - that lax is great sport to plan and watch, the sport isn't special in any OTHER way, so there is still no argument that it should behave differently, and the argument that "it is what is is" is NOT an even an argument!

As you are a parent of a 5th grader I can understand your naivety and your speaking from the heart when you, unfortunately have no idea what you are talking about. I believe it was the overrated Bob Dylan who said "If your child is in 5th grade and you believe in age based your are an idealist, but if you are a parent of a high school student and you believe in age based you are a fool" Stop worrying about who is beating your kid and worry about making him better...

The presumptions fly hot and heavy on BOTC - in that I am also a parent of HS and post HS aged boys, there is no naivete on my part - in fact, I probably more to draw upon than you do considering my involvement in sports, youth and otherwise. I couldn't care less whether my son's win anything - they win some, they lose some. Age-based play is what is best for the sport, but you still don't get that there is NO legitimate argument for grade-based play below HS AND that there are plenty of people who devote great amounts of time and effort to improve something beyond self interest - you wouldn't know anything about that since you only view things through the prism of what's in it for you.

LOL - FYI some people just like stirring the pot and could really care less about any of this. I am entitled to my opinion just as you are to yours, but the difference is that it seems that people that make the age based argument do so as if it is fact that it is better for everyone and dismiss the grade based people that are of the opinion there way is better.

In utopia, an aged based system until HS would probably be a good thing but at some point some kids would age out in 8th grade and have no place to play for that one year (they are not in HS so they could not play on their HS summer team and too old for age based).

I can only speak from personal experience and I think it was a huge benefit for my son (who was small and young for his grade) to play against bigger, stronger and older kids that were in his grade because starting in 7th grade that is who he played with and against and by the time he was in 9th grade when going to recruiting tournaments and showcases as he was prepared to compete against kids in his grade for college recruiting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Gluten and Nut free.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is so much stupid in this post I can't possibly rebut it all, but I will try. Firstly, the fact that youth hockey is age based has absolutely nothing to do with the NHL draft being age-based (and btw, the NHL draft uses a Sept 15-Sept 14 year, while youth hockey uses a January 1-Dec 31 year, so it doesn't even match - oh my god, this must confuse the [lacrosse] out of NHL scouts). If the NHL draft switched to grade based tomorrow, youth hockey would not follow suit. Second, in the US, D1 colleges and the NHL draft acquire players through either the junior system, the US National team program, Prep schools, or high end high schools (MN only, typically). None of these are age based in the way a lacrosse parent would understand it. The junior system is for kids 16-21 competing against each other, while prep and high schools are grade based. Only the USNDT is really age based. What this means is that for the real high end player, hockey stops being truly age based at age 16. But its age based before 16. There is no reason why travel lacrosse can't do the same. Age based up to, and through, age 15. Than the best of the best can move on to grade based, recruiting-emphasized teams/programs. The rest can stay age based.

But to say the above in less words - you would have to be an absolute moron to think that elementary/middle school kids can't play age based because it will be grade based when they are grown men in college. I guarantee the college coaches don't give a s--t whether or not 10 year olds are grouped by age or grade.

Any recruiting-based argument is about as dumb as the status quo argument.

As this sport is growing the clubs have become so consumed with winning and driving up registrations. The more you win, the more kids want to play for you and the more parents will want to pay to be on those winning clubs . We all know the cycle. These clubs, they are not just overlooking but neglecting the Integrity that is most important in youth sports. There must be a regulatory age requirement put in place immediately. This should be enforced at all tournaments and with all clubs. It has become an epidemic. Every tournament and every game there is a huge percentage of potential injury having older boys playing down with younger aged boys. Regardless of grade!! Where does a concerned parent turn? This is a great sport that my son loves, but it has a huge flaw that EVERY parent speaks of . Something needs to be done. We need Help.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

.......neglecting the Integrity that is most important in youth sports. There "must" be a regulatory age requirement put in place "immediately". This should be enforced at all tournaments and with all clubs. It has become an "epidemic". Every tournament and every game there is a huge percentage of potential injury having older boys playing down with younger aged boys. Regardless of grade!! Where does a concerned parent turn? This is a great sport that my son loves, but it has a huge flaw that "EVERY" parent speaks of . Something "needs" to be done. We need Help.

Even snowflakes like me read this post and cringed - you have an opinion, it is not a fact or crorrect, nor does it make other peoples opinion wrong, it is just your opinion.

"Integrity"? there is more integrity in politics than youth sports, particularly for profit club teams.

"Epidemic" ? really?

"EVERY" Parent, ? well not every parent, not me.

My thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families of children forced to play a game with other children in their own grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

.......neglecting the Integrity that is most important in youth sports. There "must" be a regulatory age requirement put in place "immediately". This should be enforced at all tournaments and with all clubs. It has become an "epidemic". Every tournament and every game there is a huge percentage of potential injury having older boys playing down with younger aged boys. Regardless of grade!! Where does a concerned parent turn? This is a great sport that my son loves, but it has a huge flaw that "EVERY" parent speaks of . Something "needs" to be done. We need Help.

Even snowflakes like me read this post and cringed - you have an opinion, it is not a fact or crorrect, nor does it make other peoples opinion wrong, it is just your opinion.

"Integrity"? there is more integrity in politics than youth sports, particularly for profit club teams.

"Epidemic" ? really?

My thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families of children forced to play a game with other children in their own grade.

Sounds like the proud pappa of a big older holdback Rabil. Yes, You are correct the parents that held back there kids for sports would not be on board with the ethically sound family's . Must be hard going through life thinking you know it all? Please your prayers should stay with you, your kids going to need them.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree, age is way to go. There is nothing more fair than kids the same age playing. I still can't understand how people argue this. Kids need to be held back for social, academic, move to a new district,etc. I get it, parents should do what's best for their child. I agree 100 percent. However that shouldn't allow that child to have a youth sports advantage. This isn't high school. Playing kids the same age on the youth level is as fair as fair can be. I wouldn't even want my 10 year old playing kids that are 8 or 9, what good is that. If he played great I'd say great game, but I'd say to myself , these kids are much younger than my son, he is supposed to dominate these kids. It just wouldn't feel right.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Epidemic" ? really?

Sounds like the proud pappa of a big older holdback Rabil. Yes, You are correct the parents that held back there kids for sports would not be on board with the ethically sound family's . Must be hard going through life thinking you know it all? Please your prayers should stay with you, your kids going to need them.

Actually - He is young and small for his grade and holding him back or playing age based would have benefited him in the short term, I believe playing against kids in his grade or a grade older is why is has been able to succeed at "the next level"

So for all of you Don Quixote's out there tilting at windmills your adversaries are incorrectly perceived, your fight is unfounded and unwinnable so rather than rant anonymously on line I suggest you deal with the fact that youth club lacrosse was, is and for the near future going to be grade based so figure out how best to deal with it but always keep dreaming the impossible dream as you try and beat that unbeatable foe.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Gluten and Nut free.

Geese and Channy battling again in DE. These clubs seem to be plying every weekend against the top competition available. Besides losing to Channys little cousin, Express North, what is Blast doing?

It’s was a rhetorical question, Blastards. I know “working their butts off at seriously great practices with the greatest coaches. We don’t need tournaments in the fall. We’re working hard!” And all that noise. You’re avoiding tournaments where any good teams are playing (and still losing) because you’re a sinking shop with transient coaches. No one sticks around because you’re crazy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You mean the 2025 Geese and the 2024/2025 Express Channy?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Gluten and Nut free.

Geese and Channy battling again in DE. These clubs seem to be plying every weekend against the top competition available. Besides losing to Channys little cousin, Express North, what is Blast doing?

It’s was a rhetorical question, Blastards. I know “working their butts off at seriously great practices with the greatest coaches. We don’t need tournaments in the fall. We’re working hard!” And all that noise. You’re avoiding tournaments where any good teams are playing (and still losing) because you’re a sinking shop with transient coaches. No one sticks around because you’re crazy.

Try plying your version of English on your own sinking shop.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Epidemic" ? really?

Actually - He is young and small for his grade and holding him back or playing age based would have benefited him in the short term, I believe playing against kids in his grade or a grade older is why is has been able to succeed at "the next level"

So for all of you Don Quixote's out there tilting at windmills your adversaries are incorrectly perceived, your fight is unfounded and unwinnable so rather than rant anonymously on line I suggest you deal with the fact that youth club lacrosse was, is and for the near future going to be grade based so figure out how best to deal with it but always keep dreaming the impossible dream as you try and beat that unbeatable foe.

So probably was said by many parents of other sports - how'd that end up going? Why people think that lacrosse is different in that sense than other sports boggles the mind . . .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nxt in philly started this year with their 2nd graders. All age based. They have also are only offering that same age based bracket in their tournaments. Will continue that format going forward. Doesn’t help the older years but it’s a start

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You mean the 2025 Geese and the 2024/2025 Express Channy?

Ha! Truth!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the ducks got some wins last weekend over the blast and geese. very impressive

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really what tournament did they play in? What were the scores? Please don't say it was a scrimmage either.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it was a scrimmage

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They played well in scrimmages you mean... positive way to finish off Fall ball and get ready for Spring. Ducks will Improve over the winter and will be a competitive team come Spring/ Summertime.. They have some talent on that team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really what tournament did they play in? What were the scores? Please don't say it was a scrimmage either.

You know exactly when, where and what the scores were. Don’t play stupid to come up with an excuse for being on the losing side. Your boys were embarrassed, get used to it because they are turning into you right before your eyes. Loser.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You know exactly when, where and what the scores were. Don’t play stupid to come up with an excuse for being on the losing side. Your boys were embarrassed, get used to it because they are turning into you right before your eyes. Loser.

OK Coach, we got it, the Ducks are the Team to beat. If I were you, I wouldn't put all of my duck eggs in that scrimmage basket.
So let me ask one question though, Should Blast and Geese be embarrassed or should we think that Ducks are impressive?
Seems like you are the loser.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh yeah you got me, even know I don't have a child on either team I guess I should know what other teams are doing at this age. If this happen over the weekend why you bragging about it now. I get it your part of that joke they call a coaching staff. Congrats you beat teams in a scrimmage, or should I say bench clearing scrimmage. You should post that on your website!! Great job, wish you guys tons of luck in the upcoming season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the ducks are ready for the nuts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh yeah you got me, even know I don't have a child on either team I guess I should know what other teams are doing at this age. If this happen over the weekend why you bragging about it now. I get it your part of that joke they call a coaching staff. Congrats you beat teams in a scrimmage, or should I say bench clearing scrimmage. You should post that on your website!! Great job, wish you guys tons of luck in the upcoming season.

The poster didn't say they were the best or the team to beat, nor did they say anything bad about those other teams. They just recognized that a group of 10 year olds had a good weekend and beat two of the top teams. They should be congratulated beating them on consecutive days, but you were obviously so upset by it you had ridicule a group of 10 year olds to prop yourself up. Let me say it for them, you guys got manhandled and spanked whether you want to admit it or not. How awesome you losers were just knocked down from your high horse finally. Look on the bright side, you had something to brag about when your kid was a 4th graders, but that was it, he's reached his peak. Now he is going to turn into the short, fat, bald, loser your are. Look in the mirror!!! Freaking karma is great.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the ducks are ready for the nuts

Ducks are the best thing to come from 9D1 since crush!! Look out Boys.. Fear the Quack!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The poster didn't say they were the best or the team to beat, nor did they say anything bad about those other teams. They just recognized that a group of 10 year olds had a good weekend and beat two of the top teams. They should be congratulated beating them on consecutive days, but you were obviously so upset by it you had ridicule a group of 10 year olds to prop yourself up. Let me say it for them, you guys got manhandled and spanked whether you want to admit it or not. How awesome you losers were just knocked down from your high horse finally. Look on the bright side, you had something to brag about when your kid was a 4th graders, but that was it, he's reached his peak. Now he is going to turn into the short, fat, bald, loser your are. Look in the mirror!!! Freaking karma is great.

AMEN Coach, you the man

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

AMEN Coach, you the man

Freaking KARMA loser!!! Enjoy the B tournaments this Spring, hopefully they don't spank you too!!! hahahahahaha LOSER!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lot of anger there. Have a beer. Life’s too short.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well if counting scrimmages counts now, Ducks are 2-50 against Blast and Geese. Excluding scrimmages, 0-50, now thats very very impressive. Lets see you beat them in a tourney.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All that money to be part of those big programs and they are losing to B teams like the Ducks, scrimmage or not? Boy oh boy those parents have to be really ticked off. The earth must be off it's axis. How are those boys going to get their scholarships now?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well if counting scrimmages counts now, Ducks are 2-50 against Blast and Geese. Excluding scrimmages, 0-50, now thats very very impressive. Lets see you beat them in a tourney.

Yep and your 50 were in the past, their 2 are now. Celebrate you accomplishments of the past because that's all you got because you got obliterated by a B team. You were the best in 3rd and 4th grade. YAY!!! Maybe if you pay your program another few thousand they will sign you up for some B tournaments this spring and let you pretend you're great again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All that money to be part of those big programs and they are losing to B teams like the Ducks, scrimmage or not? Boy oh boy those parents have to be really ticked off. The earth must be off it's axis. How are those boys going to get their scholarships now?

We haven't fed them since last weekend. You don't win, you don't eat.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ducks 2025 are so Legit and all your Little 3rd grade heros are toast!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not bothered in the least, and last I checked the earth is still spinning and the Ducks are paying as much as Teams with a lot more wins. Clearly, the kids who know the drill from any of these teams act like they've been there before and no one keeps score. But, as usual its the novices and unfortunately their parents that act like they won some sort of Championship. What happened was the boys got their work in, the coaches saw what they needed to see and the real losers got on here to get themselves pumped up. Unfortunately, as it always happens (see the True Blue thread a few pages ago), the Psycho parents are bragging about nonsense and these boys from teams in the second tier will have to pay the price when inevitably order is restored.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Letter to my younger self -

Self - when your kids are in 5th grade, enjoy them, be there for them and always be positive about school, sports, God and country and for god sake do not post on a random anonymous web site about the outcome of a fall lacrosse scrimmage, one day, when it is all over, you will understand what an a$$ you look like.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not bothered in the least, and last I checked the earth is still spinning and the Ducks are paying as much as Teams with a lot more wins. Clearly, the kids who know the drill from any of these teams act like they've been there before and no one keeps score. But, as usual its the novices and unfortunately their parents that act like they won some sort of Championship. What happened was the boys got their work in, the coaches saw what they needed to see and the real losers got on here to get themselves pumped up. Unfortunately, as it always happens (see the True Blue thread a few pages ago), the Psycho parents are bragging about nonsense and these boys from teams in the second tier will have to pay the price when inevitably order is restored.

First you lost to a B team in Westchester and then a B team on LI. Guess that makes you a C team now. How true, karma is a son of gun. Going to be a looooong winter you sore losing cry baby. WAAAAAAA someone restore order. WAAAA. Junior isn’t the stud I thought he was. WAAAAA

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Letter to my younger self -

Self - when your kids are in 5th grade, enjoy them, be there for them and always be positive about school, sports, God and country and for god sake do not post on a random anonymous web site about the outcome of a fall lacrosse scrimmage, one day, when it is all over, you will understand what an a$$ you look like.

Self- I know I have been an a$$ on this site for years bragging about my 2nd through 4th graders T-shirt’s, but now I really look like an a$$ when I have to try to justify why my kid isn’t the stud I thought he was as he gets pummeled by B teams this fall.

Page 25 of 48 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 47 48

Link Copied to Clipboard