BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Girls 2020 - 10th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
TM@BOTC Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
It's the start of the Fall 2017/Summer 2018 season. Use this thread for your posts regarding this age group

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2020 - 10th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Come on 2020 Parents where are you?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gag order!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not one to post on this site, especially about another kid, but the things you guys were saying about the St.Ants kid is absolute crap. That kid is great! She was at Elite 80 yesterday and she looked good! She got recognition from many coaches and she seems like a nice girl, as I saw her smiling and joking around with my kid and the other players. Stop making this kid seem like something she is not... Very quick player and a great shooter. If I was a coach that would be a commit right on the spot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I'm not one to post on this site, especially about another kid, but the things you guys were saying about the St.Ants kid is absolute crap. That kid is great! She was at Elite 80 yesterday and she looked good! She got recognition from many coaches and she seems like a nice girl, as I saw her smiling and joking around with my kid and the other players. Stop making this kid seem like something she is not... Very quick player and a great shooter. If I was a coach that would be a commit right on the spot.

Right. Looks like kid already has a good relationship with the coaches. Never gives any kid another chance to shine... I’m not hating but it’s a good thing the kid and her parents are humble and don’t look for attention.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While all the other 2020 kids were not there. Nobody in that age group that is decent Lax player was not on LI yesterday

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dad, is that you?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While all the other 2020 kids were not there. Nobody in that age group that is decent Lax player was not on LI yesterday

I agree. The timing of the LI Elite 80 makes no sense. Why have this in the middle of one of the biggest Fall Tournament Weekend? All the top teams were at one of the tournaments in Maryland this weekend. So the talent level had to be pretty low at this event.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree. The timing of the LI Elite 80 makes no sense. Why have this in the middle of one of the biggest Fall Tournament Weekend? All the top teams were at one of the tournaments in Maryland this weekend. So the talent level had to be pretty low at this event.

It was a great event, Well organized and put together, with 14 top D-1 Head Coaches right here on Long Island giving hands on personal attention. All the girls had a wonderful time and so did the coaches. whether the talent was high/low it was a much better option staying home with access to all those coaches rather than being in Maryland playing for no coaches as they were all here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Silly Goose, bet you're kicking yourself. You missed out on all those coaches and instead played for Asst's. I'm guessing your kid is really so talented, that you would rather they play for Asst's than actual head coaches. Trying to be insulting but in facet you both sound so stupid.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What coaches were at this event?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maryland – Cathy Reese
Hopkins – Janine Tucker
Stony Brook – Joe Spallina
Syracuse – Gary Gait
Oregon – Katrina Dowd
Yale – Erica Lagrow
Georgetown – Ricky Fried
Florida – Amanda O’Leary
Notre Dame – Christine Halfpenny
Stanford – Amy Bokker
Penn State – Missy Doherty
Loyola – Jen Adams
Dartmouth – Danielle Spencer
Hofstra – Shannon Smith
UPENN – Karin Brower Corbett

and YES they all were in attendance.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL $595! good value on top of your club fees....The asst coaches(divide and conquer) make recommendations and get a lot of the initial looks...you think its one look and done? wake up ..they watch most kids 3, 4, and sometimes 5 times before the call is set up...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Silly Goose, bet you're kicking yourself. You missed out on all those coaches and instead played for Asst's. I'm guessing your kid is really so talented, that you would rather they play for Asst's than actual head coaches. Trying to be insulting but in facet you both sound so stupid.

LOL. Who do you think does the actual recruiting for these schools? You paid a bunch of money for a clinic. Plus Igloo paid those coaches a bunch of money to be there. Money Grab if there ever was one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maryland – Cathy Reese
Hopkins – Janine Tucker
Syracuse – Gary Gait
Oregon – Katrina Dowd
Yale – Erica Lagrow
Georgetown – Ricky Fried
Florida – Amanda O’Leary
Stanford – Amy Bokker
Loyola – Jen Adams
Hofstra – Shannon Smith

when was this event? Sounds like a great showcase

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maryland – Cathy Reese
Hopkins – Janine Tucker
Syracuse – Gary Gait
Oregon – Katrina Dowd
Yale – Erica Lagrow
Georgetown – Ricky Fried
Florida – Amanda O’Leary
Stanford – Amy Bokker
Loyola – Jen Adams
Hofstra – Shannon Smith

Shannon smith was in Maryland

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL. Who do you think does the actual recruiting for these schools? You paid a bunch of money for a clinic. Plus Igloo paid those coaches a bunch of money to be there. Money Grab if there ever was one.

And you paid tolls, hotel, tourney fee, and meals for your kid to play for NO ONE. I'm done...no point in arguing with fools, you win.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL $595! good value on top of your club fees....The asst coaches(divide and conquer) make recommendations and get a lot of the initial looks...you think its one look and done? wake up ..they watch most kids 3, 4, and sometimes 5 times before the call is set up...

Yawn!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shannon Smith was 99.9999% at this event.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This event was everything it was advertised to be and more. every coach listed was there! and it wasn't a showcase, these coaches were on the fields coaching every moment. it was costly but not when you look at what you got, instruction from the top coaches in the country.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And you paid tolls, hotel, tourney fee, and meals for your kid to play for NO ONE. I'm done...no point in arguing with fools, you win.

Ok. Those programs have tons of kids on their roster from the B team clubs who weren't playing in Maryland this weekend and were able to attend. If only we could have a list of girls that were there and look back in 3 years and see that this was all just a waste of time and money. Hate to break it to you, but there were a TON of coaches at the Maryland events that were there to watch the actual top players in each class. So you go ahead and think that just because one of those coaches saw your daughter who couldn't even make the YJ C team that she's getting that big scholarship...Meanwhile the talent was a few hours south with hundreds of coaches that were there to actually find players for their programs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok. Those programs have tons of kids on their roster from the B team clubs who weren't playing in Maryland this weekend and were able to attend. If only we could have a list of girls that were there and look back in 3 years and see that this was all just a waste of time and money. Hate to break it to you, but there were a TON of coaches at the Maryland events that were there to watch the actual top players in each class. So you go ahead and think that just because one of those coaches saw your daughter who couldn't even make the YJ C team that she's getting that big scholarship...Meanwhile the talent was a few hours south with hundreds of coaches that were there to actually find players for their programs.

You're stupid!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maryland – Cathy Reese
Hopkins – Janine Tucker
Syracuse – Gary Gait
Oregon – Katrina Dowd
Yale – Erica Lagrow
Georgetown – Ricky Fried
Florida – Amanda O’Leary
Stanford – Amy Bokker
Loyola – Jen Adams
Hofstra – Shannon Smith

And NO, none of the top players were in attendance.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This event was everything it was advertised to be and more. every coach listed was there! and it wasn't a showcase, these coaches were on the fields coaching every moment. it was costly but not when you look at what you got, instruction from the top coaches in the country.

You got a CLINIC for $600! Thats what you got. If you think that is a deal I have a bridge I am selling for 50% off but you must act NOW!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There were many coaches in Maryland from all divisions. Who care what others choose to spend their money on. Grow up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You got a CLINIC for $600! Thats what you got. If you think that is a deal I have a bridge I am selling for 50% off but you must act NOW!

Reading comp might not be your thing, I said it was costly, not a deal. we all spend a ton more than that on tourneys with no coaching from the best! so I'll spend my money the way I want to and I thought this was well worth it and so did my daughter

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Reading comp might not be your thing, I said it was costly, not a deal. we all spend a ton more than that on tourneys with no coaching from the best! so I'll spend my money the way I want to and I thought this was well worth it and so did my daughter

And you get to say she is one of the tops 80 players in the country that wasn’t playing with the other top 400 kids in the country in Maryland.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not at all. I don't say anything. You bunch of empty barrels are the ones who need other people's approval.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And you get to say she is one of the tops 80 players in the country that wasn’t playing with the other top 400 kids in the country in Maryland.

My daughter was there as well. We will definitely be doing it again next year. We left Maryland early to attend and it was so worth it. The coaches were up close and very hands on, much better than I anticipated. Let these people mouthing off on something they weren't involved in, speculate negatively all they want, we don't want them in on it anyway.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only way any of kids at igloo thing on Sunday get in to any of those schools is academically. Never for Lacrosse

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter was there as well. We will definitely be doing it again next year. We left Maryland early to attend and it was so worth it. The coaches were up close and very hands on, much better than I anticipated. Let these people mouthing off on something they weren't involved in, speculate negatively all they want, we don't want them in on it anyway.

You do realize these are money grabs? have you noticed how many of these venues are out there now after the recruiting rule change? If your kid plays for a good club team they will find her... and btw the assistants were in Maryland...if they like your kid's play they will put you on a watch list....so keep spending the extra $ the head coaches are thanking you at Christmas time!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blah, Blah, Blah...Why do you care so much what others do with their money? Money grab or not, it's MY money and I decide what I do with it. Just as you chose to waste YOURS in Maryland or wherever you were this weekend. I chose to spend MINE where I chose....Club lacrosse is the ultimate money grab and waste, and we all still pay it, but you don't hear me lecturing you about it. So just shut up ad go away! Sorry you couldn't pull the funds together to send your kid. We get it, your kid wasn't there so you're annoyed and can't let it go. 2 days of talking about this is tiring.. Let's talk about all the coaches that saw your kid in this weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And let me guess! The club programs are not, thanking you @ Christmas time lol. Oh I get it my little Suzy is committed,or maybe not but still pays for tryouts, for the same team they been playing with for over a decade. Oh I get it. My little Suzy is so good she does “NOT” attend anything without the other club girls because the directors told us not too. And this line, all the good girls only play for YJ. Well you should have attended Sunday’s Elite 80 and look at the 3 girls that stood out, and the coaches were going crazy for. All great shooters, field awareness, stick work, and one who would run circles around most kids on YJ. If they are not committed as of yet! They diffently left a great impression on the coaches in attendance. As some of the coaches gave special attention on field #2 to numbers 7,46, and #54 that kid is something to watch. And my daughters A team TG coach was there, a bit surprising but still an excellent event.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wish I wasted my money at the clinic in LI verses driving to Maryland watching my daughter's YJ team get beat by a Florida team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wish I wasted my money at the clinic in LI verses driving to Maryland watching my daughter's YJ team get beat by a Florida team.

College coaches don't keep score and or care what the score is. Way too many parents get caught up in wins and loses. It's no wonder kids today are considered the "Entitlement" generation. It's not their fault, it's the parents. Obviously we hope they train hard and play hard for the win. But you can't win them all. Your whining is not helping them. Teach them how to handle losing. Life's going to throw them curve balls and unless you prepare them now, they'll be whiners just like you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
beat by the florida team?? the studs got smoked.. funny it is supposed to be a recruiting tournament and YJ had a short bench all weekend.. haaaaaaaaaaa suckers..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blah, Blah, Blah...Why do you care so much what others do with their money? Money grab or not, it's MY money and I decide what I do with it. Just as you chose to waste YOURS in Maryland or wherever you were this weekend. I chose to spend MINE where I chose....Club lacrosse is the ultimate money grab and waste, and we all still pay it, but you don't hear me lecturing you about it. So just shut up ad go away! Sorry you couldn't pull the funds together to send your kid. We get it, your kid wasn't there so you're annoyed and can't let it go. 2 days of talking about this is tiring.. Let's talk about all the coaches that saw your kid in this weekend.

Hmm..shes already done ..so it doesn't matter...but once again im sure their all thankful for your generous donation. Christmas came early for them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And let me guess! The club programs are not, thanking you @ Christmas time lol. Oh I get it my little Suzy is committed,or maybe not but still pays for tryouts, for the same team they been playing with for over a decade. Oh I get it. My little Suzy is so good she does “NOT” attend anything without the other club girls because the directors told us not too. And this line, all the good girls only play for YJ. Well you should have attended Sunday’s Elite 80 and look at the 3 girls that stood out, and the coaches were going crazy for. All great shooters, field awareness, stick work, and one who would run circles around most kids on YJ. If they are not committed as of yet! They diffently left a great impression on the coaches in attendance. As some of the coaches gave special attention on field #2 to numbers 7,46, and #54 that kid is something to watch. And my daughters A team TG coach was there, a bit surprising but still an excellent event.

TG parent says it all...Could be the rudest, me me ball , parents out there...and Im not from LI..we do spank you every year though..ding ding $595.00 please ..thank you for shopping!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unc
USC
Fl
Yale
MD
JMU
SB
Plus many others were at prime time

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And a couple others as well to be fair. But those girls, I apologize in advance if I’m wrong one kid was from YJ, and the other kid was from an Out of town program “Sound Lacrosse” and the very fast and versatile kid I think plays For Saint A’s no club affiliation on the roster. This is a joke right?

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard