BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,280
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 44 of 85 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 84 85
Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

[
Interesting, #2 was knocked off by an unranked team on Saturday at their own tournament, as usual pre-season rankings don't mean SH*%! Same can be said for the WSYL, major money grab, that means nothing a year after families spend thousands of dollars to fly out to Denver to pound their chests!

S2S parent seems a bit upset the team doesn't qualify due to age restrictions.

Great talent here on LI. No need to fly 5 hours and spend $4,000 for a family for a weekend.

Very Valid post, and if you bring a family of four, the trip will cost you much more then $4,000. All to probably play teams that are base a few mile away on Long Island, stupidity at it's finest!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]http://www.insidelacrosse.com/artic...uth-lacrosse-il-13u-world-rankings/50682

[
Interesting, #2 was knocked off by an unranked team on Saturday at their own tournament, as usual pre-season rankings don't mean SH*%! Same can be said for the WSYL, major money grab, that means nothing a year after families spend thousands of dollars to fly out to Denver to pound their chests!

The unranked team is a NATIONAL TEAM comprised of players that don't live 100 miles from home operations of the club. WSYL expressly forbid it. Like saying that the American League All Stars is a better team than the New [lacrosse] Mets.

We went to the WSYL last year. Phenomenal event. Kids had a blast turned it into family vacation. Colorado is beautiful in the summer, awesome swag etc. We have been to a ton of tournaments on the circuit and there is nothing that comes even close.

My experience is that the Naysers fall into the following categories:

1. From Maryland and since all the clubs are re-classed they don't qualify.
2. Have an agenda vested into a local tourney that competes with the WSYL such as Young Guns in Maryland same, weekend.
3. Are just a negative person and the world just sucks .

Shore 2 Shore is a national team? Since when?

Where are last weekends scores posted?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]http://www.insidelacrosse.com/artic...uth-lacrosse-il-13u-world-rankings/50682

[

The unranked team is a NATIONAL TEAM comprised of players that don't live 100 miles from home operations of the club. WSYL expressly forbid it. Like saying that the American League All Stars is a better team than the New [lacrosse] Mets.

We went to the WSYL last year. Phenomenal event. Kids had a blast turned it into family vacation. Colorado is beautiful in the summer, awesome swag etc. We have been to a ton of tournaments on the circuit and there is nothing that comes even close.

2. Have an agenda vested into a local tourney that competes with the WSYL such as Young Guns in Maryland same, weekend.

In S2S case, they have boys that are not age eligible, therefore are not entering a team. This ranking is for teams who are attending the WSYL.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[

I think he is referring to Dukes. Aside from the 100 mile gauge from home club being a factor, let's not forget, more than half on that 2023 team are NOT age appropriate either. At best, they are pick up team of hold backs that show up in a 2023 bracket at big name tourneys, wearing a jersey that says "national" and think it means something. They shouldnt even be in the same conversation as the other top clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[

The only reason S2S is not on the list is because, up until this year, the club was comprised of one team. They will be at the qualifier, will be noticed and be on peoples radar for the future. No point is debating national, local, irrelevant, best, etc. The regional qualifiers will come soon enough and the four or six best teams on that weekend will be eligible to go to Denver.

By the way, it is an extremely expensive trip. I think Express is quoting an extra $8,500 if the player goes. I have heard from others it is at least $6,000 but, if you can afford it or think it is worth it, it is one of the greatest experiences for the player and the family. Even if you don't make the finals.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[

The only reason S2S is not on the list is because, up until this year, the club was comprised of one team. They will be at the qualifier, will be noticed and be on peoples radar for the future. No point is debating national, local, irrelevant, best, etc. The regional qualifiers will come soon enough and the four or six best teams on that weekend will be eligible to go to Denver.

By the way, it is an extremely expensive trip. I think Express is quoting an extra $8,500 if the player goes. I have heard from others it is at least $6,000 but, if you can afford it or think it is worth it, it is one of the greatest experiences for the player and the family. Even if you don't make the finals.

6k is what people spend on their son's travel team and clinics throughout the year, and it adds up to about 60 practices. I'll take that instead. I'd also rather go skiing in Colorado for a week with the family for that price.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[

And that's other thing about having multiple age ineligible players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those are the registration costs?? What do these costs cover???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[

And that's other thing about having multiple age ineligible players.

STS is aware that birth certificates need to be verified for qualifier right. That is why Igloo moved a player that is on STS. Too old. We know they have a few.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am sure that all of the teams vying for Denver have a few hold backs on their regular roster. The makeup of their qualifier teams will be a little different than their regular teams, but most teams have built out their rosters to cover for their ineligible players. Some teams will be more affected than others. I am just glad that teams are finally being encouraged to roster on age players.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

By the way, it is an extremely expensive trip. I think Express is quoting an extra $8,500 if the player goes. I have heard from others it is at least $6,000 but, if you can afford it or think it is worth it, it is one of the greatest experiences for the player and the family. Even if you don't make the finals. [/quote]

And that's other thing about having multiple age ineligible players. [/quote]

STS is aware that birth certificates need to be verified for qualifier right. That is why Igloo moved a player that is on STS. Too old. We know they have a few.[/quote]

STS is eligible for Denver.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
STS is aware that birth certificates need to be verified for qualifier right. That is why Igloo moved a player that is on STS. Too old. We know they have a few.[/quote]

I think S2S is on the rise. They can compete with anyone. The issue is going to be with leadership. DK's track record is not great and the guy running it blew up Manhasset 32 in this grade then moved out of Manhasset. The 2 act like baffoons on the sideline. Let's hope they get their act together. It would be nice if a club could be run the right way

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
STS is aware that birth certificates need to be verified for qualifier right. That is why Igloo moved a player that is on STS. Too old. We know they have a few.

I think S2S is on the rise. They can compete with anyone. The issue is going to be with leadership. DK's track record is not great and the guy running it blew up Manhasset 32 in this grade then moved out of Manhasset. The 2 act like baffoons on the sideline. Let's hope they get their act together. It would be nice if a club could be run the right way
[/quote]

I think they might only care about their original team. Don't know how much time they spend with the other teams. I heard their original team had 3 Fall tournaments. How many did all the other teams have? That should be a good indication as to where their focus is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

By the way, it is an extremely expensive trip. I think Express is quoting an extra $8,500 if the player goes. I have heard from others it is at least $6,000 but, if you can afford it or think it is worth it, it is one of the greatest experiences for the player and the family. Even if you don't make the finals. [/quote]

STS is eligible for Denver.[/quote]

So are the Crabs, Dukes, laxachusetts, mustangs, and West coast starts. They just all have to leave their holdbacks at home.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think they might only care about their original team. Don't know how much time they spend with the other teams. I heard their original team had 3 Fall tournaments. How many did all the other teams have? That should be a good indication as to where their focus is.[/quote]

Other teams had 2.tourneys. All teams have been going twice a week, one clinic type, one team practice since September. We know our schedule through the spring. Very organized, well run from everything I've seen so far. Mixed results from the tourneys I think but they were everyone's first games together. So far I've liked what I've seen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[

Let's get real. That's ridiculous. I don't care how much swag or whatever experience they get. If it's really that much come back to reality. I'm sure parents run the spectrum from broke to rich but this is insane. Call me cheap or a [lacrosse] or Debbie downer all you want.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[

Let's get real. That's ridiculous. I don't care how much swag or whatever experience they get. If it's really that much come back to reality. I'm sure parents run the spectrum from broke to rich but this is insane. Call me cheap or a [lacrosse] or Debbie downer all you want.

It was asked before, but what do these prices include? Is it the quote for the year’s tuition PLUS the cost of Denver? Or just the cost of registration for Denver?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]
I think they might only care about their original team. Don't know how much time they spend with the other teams. I heard their original team had 3 Fall tournaments. How many did all the other teams have? That should be a good indication as to where their focus is.

You couldn't be more wrong with this statement. S2S has been practicing often & all their teams from 2023-2027 are getting major focus. They have clinics every week then typically 2 practices per week. 2 tourneys so far & winter is scheduled to be pretty busy as well. Great organization from top to bottom.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

You either have no clue or you are trying to spread misinformation because everyone who had any skin in that knows full well that the Igloo coach broke up Manhasset 32.

The club is run great and the coaches are great people who are well liked both within and without the organization. Maybe not liked by you but that’s your problem, not theirs. They had a bad moment in the Blatant Championship game but nothing worse than what I’ve seen first hand from pretty much every coach across all of the clubs and at several age groups. At that same tournament the 2022 Igloo and Express teams got into a full out brawl, including parents. That was buffoonery. Yelling at a ref out of frustration happens every now and again. If your son’s coaches go a full season without having a choice word or two to the refs your son’s team is either winning every game or the coaches don’t care enough.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The clueless were the ones who fell for that bs then got cut after helping them start the S2S program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[

You forgot
4. Are bitter your son's team can't go because too many holdbacks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

STS is eligible for Denver.[/quote]

So are the Crabs, Dukes, laxachusetts, mustangs, and West coast starts. They just all have to leave their holdbacks at home. [/quote]

In that case STS won't have enough players to fill the roster ...... unless they pull from their B team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The clueless were the ones who fell for that bs then got cut after helping them start the S2S program.

What?
Please explain.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What?
Please explain.

It looks like he's trying to say the cut a few players that helped build the program. I think that's how these programs work but i guess the person feels like his son was part of the original team and got crapped on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What?
Please explain.

It looks like he's trying to say the cut a few players that helped build the program. I think that's how these programs work but i guess the person feels like his son was part of the original team and got crapped on.

It is no different than any other team. They swap out less strong players for stronger ones. That's why it is a tryout.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
#fakenews

In that case STS won't have enough players to fill the roster ...... unless they pull from their B team[/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
#holdbacks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
#holdbacks

I am sure S2S has the same number of ineligible players as the other 91, Express and Igloo

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
#fakenews

In that case STS won't have enough players to fill the roster ...... unless they pull from their B team
[/quote]

Don't be jealous. Everyone is on age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
#fakenews

Don't be jealous. Everyone is on age. [/quote]

Bahahahaha. Good one

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
#holdbacks

I am sure S2S has the same number of ineligible players as the other 91, Express and Igloo

I know a lot of teams have older players but i saw S2S and express play the other day and none of those kids are big at all. There must be something in the water out here. The MD and Boston hold backs look like grown men

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because those are 2 years older. Start Kindergarten a year later and held back a year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
#holdbacks

I know a lot of teams have older players but i saw S2S and express play the other day and none of those kids are big at all. There must be something in the water out here. The MD and Boston hold backs look like grown men

Ok, but it’s an age requirement, not a height requirement. Just because you’re a year older doesn’t always mean your bigger.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
#holdbacks

Ok, but it’s an age requirement, not a height requirement. Just because you’re a year older doesn’t always mean your bigger.

There are absolutely no holdbacks. Sorry if you are ineligible, but that's your problem.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
#holdbacks

There are absolutely no holdbacks. Sorry if you are ineligible, but that's your problem.

How about that FOGO?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Brine....worthwhile or waste of time?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Brine....worthwhile or waste of time?

My son went this summer and really enjoyed himself. Met some new kids, played awesome lax games and the atmosphere was a lot of fun. Rough weather it was about 95 degrees every day. Would we go again, maybe. But it was overall a good experience.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elite 80 was awesome. College exposure already!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elite 80 was awesome. College exposure already!

Are you for real??
You're a total fool.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ELITE 80 was great day

Page 44 of 85 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 84 85

Link Copied to Clipboard