BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 15 of 47 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 46 47
Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I didn't see that from Richmond but I also didn't spend much time watching them or the Cherries. Surprised to see that the Annapolis Hawks didn't impress you - they probably lost every faceoff that I watched them take and still only lost by a goal against TX and Igloo. Like I said, they had three of the four best players in the tournament (TX faceoff guy was the other). The Hawks attackman is known in the area as the best player around. I'm a local rec/A level coach and I went to see if we could compete against these teams. We cannot - other than maybe NL. I'm sure we could also hang with the nationally ranked Cavs (lol). Just for fun CAVS fans - no need to beat me up on this forum anonymously.

I thought coaching was very poor for the Hawks that lead to several offsides and penalties and is the attackman the kids that left Crabs 2023?

I don't know if he ever played for the Crabs. I heard that he was from across the Bay Bridge. I saw teams scheming their defenses to account for him and he was still able to score. My brother coaches football in AA County and he said that he is very good there as well. The Hawks had an outstanding player at every level except face-off which ended up costing them big. I did not see coaching as an issue with the exception of the Igloo game (I only saw the first half) but I chalk that up to fall ball.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BOTC in the news. Yes!

Can we call [lacrosse] on the mom, her hands are too fat to have an athletic kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought the Texas squad, DN, and Hawks had the best players. The faceoff kid for Texas was outstanding. Hawks probably had the 2-3 best players overall with the big attackman (single-handedly beat NL), LSM, and big defender. DN obviously won with a lot of talent. Igloo kids had great coaching and stick skills and showed a lot of grit against DN. If the Hawks find a faceoff guy they will win a lot of tournaments when it counts.
The NL parents get the award for most embarrassing adults of the weekend. I saw a game (the Hawks game) where the official had to warn them about behavior several times.

I would agree with the breakdown. I was also at that NL vs Hawks game and the behavior on the sideline was absolutely embarrassing to watch; I feel sorry for the coach of that team!! The FO kid from Texas was the best I witnessed; no one could hang with him on either day. IGLOO impressed me the most; excellent coaching and ball movement, they could have beaten DN. Hawks did not impress me in all honesty; poorly coach to say the least.

Richmond Hawks parents were obnoxious and often yelling conflicting instructions to their own players. The coaches should have told all their parents to stop coaching from the sideline. It does not matter if the team was in over its head. Bad look for the new Hawks affiliate.

Texas team all holdbacks. Pony Express Lacrosse Style!

I don't know if they were holdbacks or not and honestly don't care. Parents can choose to do whatever they want with their children. I know that they had a few talented players - #3 in particular, they were well coached, and their parents were classy on the sidelines. I look forward to seeing them play again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BOTC in the news. Yes!

Can we call [lacrosse] on the mom, her hands are too fat to have an athletic kid.

BOTC in the news. Yes!

Must be one of the pig moms from Looneys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DN face off Kid was very good. Surprise to hear that the Texas kid was better.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The top FOGOs were the Texas and Next Level kid But there were several studs scattered across various teams at different positions
The Long Pole from Dukes was the most dominant across all positions
It should be a fun group to watch over the coming years

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s the same core of kids every tournament. Only one new kid this tournament that was brought from below the travel line.

90% of the roster is the same they are just from different states and can't always make tournaments. Most of the kids are from the philly area and play on another team together. I haven't been on the team long but I've seen the same kids each month

What rock are you hiding under?? This team has a completely different roster with each tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Much better

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Much better

The Texas FoGO was better that day, if he was MUCH BETTER the score would have been 10-3 Texas instead of Dukes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I didn't see that from Richmond but I also didn't spend much time watching them or the Cherries. Surprised to see that the Annapolis Hawks didn't impress you - they probably lost every faceoff that I watched them take and still only lost by a goal against TX and Igloo. Like I said, they had three of the four best players in the tournament (TX faceoff guy was the other). The Hawks attackman is known in the area as the best player around. I'm a local rec/A level coach and I went to see if we could compete against these teams. We cannot - other than maybe NL. I'm sure we could also hang with the nationally ranked Cavs (lol). Just for fun CAVS fans - no need to beat me up on this forum anonymously.

Hey guys. LI dad here again. My son has played all of the Md teams for years. Great players on every team. We played hawks and lost in a close, awesome game. The righty attack was impressive, but we held him on But, my kid also played on the Warrior All American team against Maryland. When that kid played middie, he was unstoppable. Best player on the field at any position and it wasn’t even close. Take it for what it is, but the kid is legit.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Much better

The Texas FoGO was better that day, if he was MUCH BETTER the score would have been 10-3 Texas instead of Dukes

What game were you watching? Texas kid owned the DN kid who was slow throughout the tournament. DN won in spite of poor FO; that team just had better Middie and attack play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ahhhhhhhhh I’ll have what this guy is drinking!! Lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Much better

What game were you watching? Texas kid owned the DN kid who was slow throughout the tournament. DN won in spite of poor FO; that team just had better Middie and attack play.

why are you tools comparing the play of specific 7th graders?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey guys. LI dad here again. My son has played all of the Md teams for years. Great players on every team. We played hawks and lost in a close, awesome game. The righty attack was impressive, but we held him on But, my kid also played on the Warrior All American team against Maryland. When that kid played middie, he was unstoppable. Best player on the field at any position and it wasn’t even close. Take it for what it is, but the kid is legit.

Which kid was he at Warrior? Is that 16 from the Mid-Atlantic team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Much better

Comparing is a bit much - I agree. My intent in a previous post was simply to compliment the players that stood out to me (#3 TX, #9 Hawks in particular) Not to compare. The reality is, these guys are 12-13 years old. Some of the best players will be average later on and some of the average players will become great. I hope they all become great so that we get to enjoy watching them play. Best of luck to all the teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone keeps mentioning the "FOGO" from the Texas Mustangs. #3 is not a FOGO--he's a midfielder who faces off and is very good at it. With that being said, you could see how the fact that he was a middie ground him down throughout the tournament and specifically in the final game. DN FOGO started to get the better of him later in the game (not every faceoff, but he did start to win some cleanly) as he was worn down.

As for the guy who said that Texas would have won 10-3 if he was "MUCH BETTER"--not a chance. Aside from at the X, DN were the more talented team in all other positions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Much better

DN Parent here and much like any other team we have both strengths and weaknesses and while we did not have our best day in the circle this weekend our boys will continue to work hard to improve; all of them! Fall Tournaments are just for that; to grow and get better whether its FO, Defense, ground balls, riding, transition, ball movement etc.. you just have to believe in the process and continue to work hard. I love this team and our boys; looking forward to watching each of them improve as lacrosse players!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LI dad here. Thanks Express dad. No clue what you are talking about. Hawks are a mediocre team at best. And whatever Team some MD players played on at the Warrior games was the same. And there was no “unstoppable” player, since LI won all games, unless it was in the eyes of an Express dad, but I would imagine that a lot of players look unstoppable to an Express dad. Nothing impressive on that team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Much better

IDIOT! That’s the purpose of the website. You don’t like it find another website!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LI dad here. Thanks Express dad. No clue what you are talking about. Hawks are a mediocre team at best. And whatever Team some MD players played on at the Warrior games was the same. And there was no “unstoppable” player, since LI won all games, unless it was in the eyes of an Express dad, but I would imagine that a lot of players look unstoppable to an Express dad. Nothing impressive on that team.

Mid-Atlantic won Warrior at age 2023 - not LI. #16 was unstoppable and dominated the LI team. He was clearly the best player there. It wasn't even close.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone keeps mentioning the "FOGO" from the Texas Mustangs. #3 is not a FOGO--he's a midfielder who faces off and is very good at it. With that being said, you could see how the fact that he was a middie ground him down throughout the tournament and specifically in the final game. DN FOGO started to get the better of him later in the game (not every faceoff, but he did start to win some cleanly) as he was worn down.

As for the guy who said that Texas would have won 10-3 if he was "MUCH BETTER"--not a chance. Aside from at the X, DN were the more talented team in all other positions.

Thank you for saying it!! #3 not only dominated at the field making plays. The kid stood out as one of the top 3-4 kids in the tournament!! I also agree that at the X was the only advantage Texas had over DN. DN was clearly the better team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you for saying it!! #3 not only dominated at the field making plays. The kid stood out as one of the top 3-4 kids in the tournament!! I also agree that at the X was the only advantage Texas had over DN. DN was clearly the better team.

Yes - solid midfielder. EXCELLENT Faceoff guy. I, for one, never said FOGO. We're splitting hairs here. I'm sure hes a great kid and is clearly an excellent player. Best of luck to him and the Mustangs.

Anyone who says that the Hawks were mediocre wasn't watching the games. The attackman was a monster as was the LSM. They were outstanding - with significant issues gaining possession off the face - and a hiccup or two from the staff. Like I said, when they get the face corrected, they will be tough to beat. I hope I'm wrong and some of their players come back to us. It might make us a AA team. Just kidding - I want all of the kids to do well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Much better

IDIOT! That’s the purpose of the website. You don’t like it find another website!

There is a rules page that says not to discuss specific children. At one point moderators enforced. It's not the intent of this site. At least it shouldn't be

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares about the Warrior games. The top talent NEVER attends those things. Warrior or Brine event do not hold weight. If your a dad who waves an $800 check in the air to buy a new set of equipment then your in.

Mid-Atlantic won Warrior at age 2023 - not LI. #16 was unstoppable and dominated the LI team. He was clearly the best player there. It wasn't even close.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FALLFEST in Poolesville

2023AA

True National
Club Blue MD
Bethesda LC Blue
Madlax Capital
Team 91 MD
VLC

2023A

Next Level Spartan Red
3d Mid Atlantic
Rock Lacrossse
Club Blue NOVA

Probably True in AA and Next Level's B team in A.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Battle of Leesburg U13

Evergreen 2023, Evergreen 2024, Team Md 2023, Team MD 2024, Fall Line, Battlelax, Prospects, Md Extreme, Peninsula, Revolution

Shocked not to see Cavs 2023 playing. Seems like their kind of tourney.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes - solid midfielder. EXCELLENT Faceoff guy. I, for one, never said FOGO. We're splitting hairs here. I'm sure hes a great kid and is clearly an excellent player. Best of luck to him and the Mustangs.

Anyone who says that the Hawks were mediocre wasn't watching the games. The attackman was a monster as was the LSM. They were outstanding - with significant issues gaining possession off the face - and a hiccup or two from the staff. Like I said, when they get the face corrected, they will be tough to beat. I hope I'm wrong and some of their players come back to us. It might make us a AA team. Just kidding - I want all of the kids to do well.

A couple kids are quitting the Hawks team after the fall. They will not even make the playoffs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where are they going?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Battle of Leesburg U13

Evergreen 2023, Evergreen 2024, Team Md 2023, Team MD 2024, Fall Line, Battlelax, Prospects, Md Extreme, Peninsula, Revolution

Your jealously of Cavalier 2023 is sad. Why denigrate kids just because they are ranked by Inside Lacrosse and your club is not. Must you rain on their parade for this undefeated/tournament winning streak they're on?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where are they going?

We will take #'s 9, 11, and 16 please...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where are they going?

High school team for the Spring.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where are they going?

11 or 16(forgot the numbers) is one of the coaches son and NEVER comes off the field. Would be strange if he left unless he wanted to play offense or something.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Battle of Leesburg U13

Your jealously of Cavalier 2023 is sad. Why denigrate kids just because they are ranked by Inside Lacrosse and your club is not. Must you rain on their parade for this undefeated/tournament winning streak they're on?

MadLax did not wins game in the Madlax fall fest. Cav's are now the top team in VA at 2034

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Battle of Leesburg U13

MadLax did not wins game in the Madlax fall fest. Cav's are now the top team in VA at 2034

The Cavs are the best team in the history of youth lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Battle of Leesburg U13

The Cavs are the best team in the history of youth lacrosse.

In your home town??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Battle of Leesburg U13

That was the Madlax DMV team not the Capital team. They stop sending there top teams to there own tournaments after 6 grade or so.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where are they going?

11 or 16(forgot the numbers) is one of the coaches son and NEVER comes off the field. Would be strange if he left unless he wanted to play offense or something.

OK- those boys are on age. None of them are "holdbacks"- preK or otherwise. And none of them are leaving. just FYI

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that's BS they do and they lost...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Battle of Leesburg U13

That was the Madlax DMV team not the Capital team. They stop sending there top teams to there own tournaments after 6 grade or so.

At 2023 age group that was Madlax top team yesterday that went 0-3. Another surprise was that last year's HOCO champs Club Blue 1-2, T91 1-2. The True National team was the best team by a mile.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What the [lacrosse] happened to Club Blue yesterday? Lost to 88+3; True and BLC looked very good.

Page 15 of 47 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard