BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 14 of 47 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 46 47
Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Inside lacrosse just sen
To all the haters ...

Cavalier 2023 is now ranked #13 IN THE WORLD BY INSIDE LACROSSE. I don't see a lot of DMV teams (or LI teams) on this list. You can all shut up now.

https://www.facebook.com/cavalierla...443/1534325616590966/?type=3&theater

Good point, why are we even reading about Dukes Hawks when CAV's are the 2nd best team in the area according to IL. I think CB, Crabs, MadLax, FCA, Bethesda, 91, Looney's, should all think about playing in Williamsburg if they want to prove they are the best. The rest of us should shut up now.

You're that idiot Madlax dad who runs his mouth. Saw you got worked this past weekend, so you can stop posting now. Jealous that we are ranked by Inside Lacrosse and you aren't? Must kill you.

In order to be in their rankings, you need to be playing in their tournament. - so Cavalier is the 16th best team playing their tournament

All teams included in this ranking meet the WSYL’s age and roster requirements and will be participating in the U.S. Regional Qualifiers in the spring of 2018. [i][/i]

Cavalier 2023 posting a 17th ranking on FB.. What a joke.. They only take 6 out of your region.. let's remove the MD teams that you can't play with. You're not getting past the NJ and PA teams. You are going to be the Kansas State Wildcats of the preseason polls.. 4-4 and 7th place in the Big 12.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Inside lacrosse just sen
To all the haters ...

Cavalier 2023 is now ranked #13 IN THE WORLD BY INSIDE LACROSSE. I don't see a lot of DMV teams (or LI teams) on this list. You can all shut up now.

Good point, why are we even reading about Dukes Hawks when CAV's are the 2nd best team in the area according to IL. I think CB, Crabs, MadLax, FCA, Bethesda, 91, Looney's, should all think about playing in Williamsburg if they want to prove they are the best. The rest of us should shut up now.

You're that idiot Madlax dad who runs his mouth. Saw you got worked this past weekend, so you can stop posting now. Jealous that we are ranked by Inside Lacrosse and you aren't? Must kill you.

In order to be in their rankings, you need to be playing in their tournament. - so Cavalier is the 16th best team playing their tournament

All teams included in this ranking meet the WSYL’s age and roster requirements and will be participating in the U.S. Regional Qualifiers in the spring of 2018. [i][/i]

Cavalier 2023 posting a 17th ranking on FB.. What a joke.. They only take 6 out of your region.. let's remove the MD teams that you can't play with. You're not getting past the NJ and PA teams. You are going to be the Kansas State Wildcats of the preseason polls.. 4-4 and 7th place in the Big 12.

Jealously. It really doesn't suit you, Madlax housedad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone attend Battle of the Bay; what teams looked good and what teams disappointed?

Dukes: looked good.better than the summer. Good collection of studs.

"Studs"? They come from weak minded families that need them to play down to succeed. In 2 years they will be barely noticeable.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Inside lacrosse just sen
To all the haters ...

Jealously. It really doesn't suit you, Madlax housedad.

Earlier this month, Cavs 2023 scrimmaged a shorthanded Next Level 2023 team that was .500 in HOCO last year. Cavs lost by over 10 goals and did not look like they belonged on the same field. Does Cavs only play B tournaments and win them? Yes. Does Cavs belong on any World Ranking? No.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Dukes advantage is not they're a national team, or that they played as a team, they won because the have older boys for the grade that are just physically more mature than the other teams. This is a short term advantage that has played out in every grade when boys go through 7th and 8th grade. Won't last, never has.

Igloo looked like a 2023 team in terms of size. Several of the Duke's kids looked like HS players. The LSM who scored the OT goal against Igloo was easily 6'2" and around 200 pounds. The long haired attackman and several of the six foot defensemen can not be on age. No way. I would bet my house that Dukes can't play WSYL because of age restrictions. Igloo is playing WSYL and, when playing kids on age, they will excel.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone attend Battle of the Bay; what teams looked good and what teams disappointed?

Mustangs: solid fundamentals. Moved ball well. Good Fogo. Hope to see more of them in summer season

Igloo: solid. Great game with Dukes. Tough to have to play them twice.

Hawks: good better than the spring but wouldn’t be counting trophies yet.

Next Level: did not play well. Looked to be missing a lot of kids from the team we saw last weekend.

Madlax: not good. Should think about moving down in the Spring.

Juiced Cherries: sweet logo but in over head at this tournament.

Richmond Hawks: like most Virginia teams not good.

Thanks for a decent recap...looks pretty spot on from what I saw

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought the only legitimate teams there were the Hawks and Mustangs from Texas at the 2023 level. Next Level did not impress me at all and Richmond was a joke; definitely an A or B team. Lets also be honest; Dukes Lacrosse is a bunch of kids thrown together to play in tournaments to promote the program and make money; there is no TEAM concept there to speak of; do the boys even know each others names?. Watch our for the Hawks this year; they were impressive.

I find it really funny to see someone post "there is no TEAM concept there to speak of". My son plays on this team and the coaches have been the same coaches since the beginning of the program. Players have been replaced over time with more skilled players but, on the defensive side of the ball especially, the core has been together for a very long time. The kids love each other and have an absolute ball hanging out each month.

The problem with a team that has a lot of talent is that people really hate them and want to find a reason to tear them down. I can tell you, first hand, that this is a great group of boys who play their hearts out and get nothing but hate from outsiders for it. Fortunately for them, they don't know or care to come onto this forum to see posts about how horrible they are for being good lacrosse players by "adults" posting anonymously.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Studs"? They come from weak minded families that need them to play down to succeed. In 2 years they will be barely noticeable.

Ha! What an absolute joke. PLEASE show me the kids who are "playing down". Outsiders looking at big athletic kids love to make excuses and throw stones. But you have no actual facts and so you hurl insults instead. It's honestly laughable.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Dukes advantage is not they're a national team, or that they played as a team, they won because the have older boys for the grade that are just physically more mature than the other teams. This is a short term advantage that has played out in every grade when boys go through 7th and 8th grade. Won't last, never has.

Igloo looked like a 2023 team in terms of size. Several of the Duke's kids looked like HS players. The LSM who scored the OT goal against Igloo was easily 6'2" and around 200 pounds. The long haired attackman and several of the six foot defensemen can not be on age. No way. I would bet my house that Dukes can't play WSYL because of age restrictions. Igloo is playing WSYL and, when playing kids on age, they will excel.

And this is why it's the only tournament that really counts. All the others are fun and competitive but don't really prove anything, way to much disparity in ages with grade based teams and no true way to compare like athletes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Inside lacrosse just sen
To all the haters ...

These rankings obviously are nonsense. API was #3 in the 'world' last year, and now they aren't even in the rankings. What happened to them?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! I absolutely LOVE this! I heard the "6'2" 200lb defenseman" had a blue ox with him too!! This is fantastic."several of the six foot defensemen"! This is so awesome.

Turns out that 3 of the kids aren't age eligible and it's by--and get this now--WEEKS (not the years that you so want to claim) that they miss the 9/1/2004 cutoff. Paul Bunyan who scored the game winner misses it by 10 days, I think. So you get to keep your house. But not your dignity. Because if you can't deal with the fact that a team of 12 and 13 year old athletes played a great tournament this weekend without literally making up lies you're going to need to go ahead and offer up your dignity.

Oh and you're going to tell me that EVERY SINGLE kid who played for Igloo this past weekend is going to also make that 9/1/2004 cutoff? If so, then good for the team because they were a very talented, well-coached team that will do well out west. If not--those stones everyone likes to throw at the DN team better be aimed at a lot of other teams as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ha! What an absolute joke. PLEASE show me the kids who are "playing down". Outsiders looking at big athletic kids love to make excuses and throw stones. But you have no actual facts and so you hurl insults instead. It's honestly laughable.

The only thing laughable is the amount of koolaid your drinking.They have a nice team but they aren't so big when compared to boys the same age. And truthfully that's fine, but show me these studs in three years when those "big athletic kids" are still 5' 8" and just your run of the mill lacrosse players. These types of pluers were the mistakes college coaches are looking forward to not making now early recruiting is over.
PS all the kids are friends so they know how old they are, it's not a big secret.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! I absolutely LOVE this! I heard the "6'2" 200lb defenseman" had a blue ox with him too!! This is fantastic."several of the six foot defensemen"! This is so awesome.

Turns out that 3 of the kids aren't age eligible and it's by--and get this now--WEEKS (not the years that you so want to claim) that they miss the 9/1/2004 cutoff. Paul Bunyan who scored the game winner misses it by 10 days, I think. So you get to keep your house. But not your dignity. Because if you can't deal with the fact that a team of 12 and 13 year old athletes played a great tournament this weekend without literally making up lies you're going to need to go ahead and offer up your dignity.

Oh and you're going to tell me that EVERY SINGLE kid who played for Igloo this past weekend is going to also make that 9/1/2004 cutoff? If so, then good for the team because they were a very talented, well-coached team that will do well out west. If not--those stones everyone likes to throw at the DN team better be aimed at a lot of other teams as well.

I think everyone can appreciate the boys performance. It's the parents that come on here and pump their chest's we can all do without

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only thing laughable is the amount of koolaid your drinking.They have a nice team but they aren't so big when compared to boys the same age. And truthfully that's fine, but show me these studs in three years when those "big athletic kids" are still 5' 8" and just your run of the mill lacrosse players. These types of pluers were the mistakes college coaches are looking forward to not making now early recruiting is over.
PS all the kids are friends so they know how old they are, it's not a big secret.

They actually ARE big when compared to boys the same age--that's what everyone is complaining about, right? How big they are? Well this one's going to hurt your theory--they're all 12 or 13. In fact all but 3 are age eligible for the WSYL (which seems to be THE measuring stick for a fair tournament all of a sudden) and the 3 who aren't miss it by literally weeks because they have August birthdays.

I wholly agree that if they stay 5'8" and ONLY depend on their size that wouldn't really work out well. But given that they're being taught how to be lacrosse players and utilize IQs I think they'll be okay.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They actually ARE big when compared to boys the same age--that's what everyone is complaining about, right? How big they are? Well this one's going to hurt your theory--they're all 12 or 13. In fact all but 3 are age eligible for the WSYL (which seems to be THE measuring stick for a fair tournament all of a sudden) and the 3 who aren't miss it by literally weeks because they have August birthdays.

I wholly agree that if they stay 5'8" and ONLY depend on their size that wouldn't really work out well. But given that they're being taught how to be lacrosse players and utilize IQs I think they'll be okay.

So let's see you win without them since you "only" have 3

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did any of the Hawks coaches ever play lacrosse before? It was really bizarre the number of violations they had. I know it is fall but then you would expect the other teams to have 8 offsides in 1 game. They also gave up a goal and had a flag for having 5 poles. Obviously the goal waved off the violation so what did they do. Sent 5 poles out for the faceoff. Luckily for them, the refs helped them out and told them they had too many.

They looked very unorganized. Maybe they have only had a practice or 2? Surprised they kept is as close as they did Sunday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Anyone attend Battle of the Bay; what teams looked good and what teams disappointed?

So let's see you win without them since you "only" have 3

Two things. First, no one actually believes that there were only 3 that they missed the cutoff by a matter of weeks, but I guess you can make whatever BS claims you want on the internet. And second, without those 3 (and we all know it is higher), Duke's goes 3-2 and misses the finals. I am fine with holdbacks but at least be honest about it. And yes, the entire Igloo roster is on age, which is why you already see them registered and ranked for WSYL.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Two things. First, no one actually believes that there were only 3 that they missed the cutoff by a matter of weeks, but I guess you can make whatever BS claims you want on the internet. And second, without those 3 (and we all know it is higher), Duke's goes 3-2 and misses the finals. I am fine with holdbacks but at least be honest about it. And yes, the entire Igloo roster is on age, which is why you already see them registered and ranked for WSYL.
So to be clear, regarding the THREE boys (and it's funny how you "know" better than a DN player's father that it's "definitely more than 3"), your assertion is that DN are somehow cheating by having 3 kids who have August 2004 birthdays and are 2023 kids? That's your point? That those 1-4 weeks somehow make them so much more unfair for your son to have to compete against?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So to be clear, regarding the THREE boys (and it's funny how you "know" better than a DN player's father that it's "definitely more than 3"), your assertion is that DN are somehow cheating by having 3 kids who have August 2004 birthdays and are 2023 kids? That's your point? That those 1-4 weeks somehow make them so much more unfair for your son to have to compete against?

There is no cheating and to be clear he said 1 of the 3 boys was born in august, "he thinks". The point is they are good strong players because they are older and have matured earlier and while the parents pump their chests the advantage will fade away as other good players grow. And I will guarantee you all the other kids will grow and the advantage will diminish.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no cheating and to be clear he said 1 of the 3 boys was born in august, "he thinks". The point is they are good strong players because they are older and have matured earlier and while the parents pump their chests the advantage will fade away as other good players grow. And I will guarantee you all the other kids will grow and the advantage will diminish.

What you see as "chest pumping" I view as defending our boys. Time and again we, as DN parents, we are made to feel that our sons' accomplishments are somehow lesser because people want to tear them down as "cheaters". All they've done is come out and play the game they love. Many tournaments they're actually verbally abused by opposing teams' fans. Again, being called "cheaters" and told they're "Only winning because they're 2 or 3 years older". It gets really old really quickly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares about Duke’s, Igloo, etc.?

Cavs 2023 is the BOMB! We are ranked in Inside Lacrosse and should be ranked higher now that Igloo and Next Level lost at Battle on the Bay. Should be #3 at worst. Even Team 91 has not won their last 4 tournaments.

CAVS baby! Whether you like us or don’t like us, learn to love us because we are the best thing goIng.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Cavs 2023 is the BOMB! We are ranked in Inside Lacrosse and should be ranked higher now that Igloo and Next Level lost at Battle on the Bay. Should be #3 at worst. Even Team 91 has not won their last 4 tournaments.

CAVS baby! Whether you like us or don’t like us, learn to love us because we are the best thing goIng.

3rd best team in country should play in top division in spring league next spring right?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

3rd best team in country should play in top division in spring league next spring r

Hey Cavs parents you might want to check the websites and start comparing those college commitment list from the clubs you are trying to bad mouth. Those meaningless B tournament trophy's from 7th grade will not get your son on a college roster. Oh and by the way you are paying the same amount of money to play for the Cavs as the elite clubs are charging those kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
90% of the roster is the same they are just from different states and can't always make tournaments. Most of the kids are from the philly area and play on another team together. I haven't been on the team long but I've seen the same kids each month

What rock are you hiding under?? This team has a completely different roster with each tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Personally I thought Igloo was the best Team at this tournament and they are all under the age limit; no other team can say that with a straight face. DN follow the rules and let see how you do against this team in the future??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great point Igloo Dad!

Personally I thought Igloo was the best Team at this tournament and they are all under the age limit; no other team can say that with a straight face. DN follow the rules and let see how you do against this team in the future??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Igloo is not all under the age limit

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are you SMOKING...BLC and NL crushed you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Igloo is not all under the age limit

Hate to inform you but we are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought the Texas squad, DN, and Hawks had the best players. The faceoff kid for Texas was outstanding. Hawks probably had the 2-3 best players overall with the big attackman (single-handedly beat NL), LSM, and big defender. DN obviously won with a lot of talent. Igloo kids had great coaching and stick skills and showed a lot of grit against DN. If the Hawks find a faceoff guy they will win a lot of tournaments when it counts.
The NL parents get the award for most embarrassing adults of the weekend. I saw a game (the Hawks game) where the official had to warn them about behavior several times.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought the Texas squad, DN, and Hawks had the best players. The faceoff kid for Texas was outstanding. Hawks probably had the 2-3 best players overall with the big attackman (single-handedly beat NL), LSM, and big defender. DN obviously won with a lot of talent. Igloo kids had great coaching and stick skills and showed a lot of grit against DN. If the Hawks find a faceoff guy they will win a lot of tournaments when it counts.
The NL parents get the award for most embarrassing adults of the weekend. I saw a game (the Hawks game) where the official had to warn them about behavior several times.

I would agree with the breakdown. I was also at that NL vs Hawks game and the behavior on the sideline was absolutely embarrassing to watch; I feel sorry for the coach of that team!! The FO kid from Texas was the best I witnessed; no one could hang with him on either day. IGLOO impressed me the most; excellent coaching and ball movement, they could have beaten DN. Hawks did not impress me in all honesty; poorly coach to say the least.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

3rd best team in country should play in top division in spring league next spring r

Hey Cavs parents you might want to check the websites and start comparing those college commitment list from the clubs you are trying to bad mouth. Those meaningless B tournament trophy's from 7th grade will not get your son on a college roster. Oh and by the way you are paying the same amount of money to play for the Cavs as the elite clubs are charging those kids.

Ignore the haters Cavs Nation. We're going to Denver. Cavs 2023 can wave to all the Hawks, DN and TX kids when they are playing on ESPN. It is nice to have a team where all the kids are on age.

To be the man, you have to beat the man. Until we lose a tournament, haters should STFU.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would agree with the breakdown. I was also at that NL vs Hawks game and the behavior on the sideline was absolutely embarrassing to watch; I feel sorry for the coach of that team!! The FO kid from Texas was the best I witnessed; no one could hang with him on either day. IGLOO impressed me the most; excellent coaching and ball movement, they could have beaten DN. Hawks did not impress me in all honesty; poorly coach to say the least.

Richmond Hawks parents were obnoxious and often yelling conflicting instructions to their own players. The coaches should have told all their parents to stop coaching from the sideline. It does not matter if the team was in over its head. Bad look for the new Hawks affiliate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I didn't see that from Richmond but I also didn't spend much time watching them or the Cherries. Surprised to see that the Annapolis Hawks didn't impress you - they probably lost every faceoff that I watched them take and still only lost by a goal against TX and Igloo. Like I said, they had three of the four best players in the tournament (TX faceoff guy was the other). The Hawks attackman is known in the area as the best player around. I'm a local rec/A level coach and I went to see if we could compete against these teams. We cannot - other than maybe NL. I'm sure we could also hang with the nationally ranked Cavs (lol). Just for fun CAVS fans - no need to beat me up on this forum anonymously.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I didn't see that from Richmond but I also didn't spend much time watching them or the Cherries. Surprised to see that the Annapolis Hawks didn't impress you - they probably lost every faceoff that I watched them take and still only lost by a goal against TX and Igloo. Like I said, they had three of the four best players in the tournament (TX faceoff guy was the other). The Hawks attackman is known in the area as the best player around. I'm a local rec/A level coach and I went to see if we could compete against these teams. We cannot - other than maybe NL. I'm sure we could also hang with the nationally ranked Cavs (lol). Just for fun CAVS fans - no need to beat me up on this forum anonymously.

I am about 99% sure that the Cav's guy is the same troll as the Evergreen guy and is not a parent a Cav's player. Just trying to stir the pot. The IL rankings are fake news. There are many teams that could play but do not want to go to WSYL. Is NL the only team from HOCO AA on the list? South River defeated Cav's where are they on the list? However, the Cav troll may be getting back at the Evergreen troll. A real Cav supporter would not post this stuff. If I am wrong just provide your initials we will guess who you are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I thought coaching was very poor for the Hawks that lead to several offsides and penalties and is the attackman the kids that left Crabs 2023?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Richmond Hawks parents were obnoxious and often yelling conflicting instructions to their own players. The coaches should have told all their parents to stop coaching from the sideline. It does not matter if the team was in over its head. Bad look for the new Hawks affiliate.

Texas team all holdbacks. Pony Express Lacrosse Style!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So good. No one really takes this too seriously. You are all "Twinkletoes" and "gender confused" after a tongue lashing from your wife.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BOTC in the news. Yes!

Page 14 of 47 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard