A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Understand its only Fall but LeadingEdge Elite is the top '23 team in NJ now. CRoy worked to build this team and it will only get better. The only director you see at spring tournaments checking out the talent.

BBL has some small attack that will have problems all season. Do love the old school helmet, he is a player.. leaves it all out on the field.

How did BBL look with their new additions.

Not good

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boy's 2023 - 8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
Anonymous #275323 10/29/18 03:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Understand its only Fall but LeadingEdge Elite is the top '23 team in NJ now. CRoy worked to build this team and it will only get better. The only director you see at spring tournaments checking out the talent.

BBL has some small attack that will have problems all season. Do love the old school helmet, he is a player.. leaves it all out on the field.

Not good

Surprising considering the recent enthusiastic posts, perhaps the full roster is not playing fall season.

Anonymous #275325 10/29/18 04:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not good

Surprising considering the recent enthusiastic posts, perhaps the full roster is not playing fall season.

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet

Anonymous #275359 10/30/18 09:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not good

So should I just rely on Tourney Machine and assume that BBL is not good because they had a terrible record last weekend, or should I take the time to ask a legitimate question, perhaps there is a valid reason that they did not do well.

Anonymous #275363 10/30/18 09:46 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not good

So should I just rely on Tourney Machine and assume that BBL is not good because they had a terrible record last weekend, or should I take the time to ask a legitimate question, perhaps there is a valid reason that they did not do well.

I would consider every "team x picked up a few beasts and is going to be unbeatable this year" post as suspect. Nobody says anything nice on this forum and half the posters are trolls. The "how's team X going to be this year" posts are generally parents looking for confirmation of their choice of club. Or coaches looking for the same.

As for BBL at Battle on the Bay, they looked weak compared to their pool competition which doesn't mean they are a weak team but rather that they were playing above their level. Leading Edge looked better. Both teams will probably fair pretty well in Philly/NJ A tournaments.

Sponsored Links
Anonymous #275366 10/30/18 09:56 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BBL will be fine. They are outmatched athletically at the moment because all those teams at the Battle on the Bay are really freshmen aged. It’ll even out in a year or 2.

TM@BOTC #275370 10/30/18 11:48 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So should I just rely on Tourney Machine and assume that BBL is not good because they had a terrible record last weekend, or should I take the time to ask a legitimate question, perhaps there is a valid reason that they did not do well. [/quote]

I would consider every "team x picked up a few beasts and is going to be unbeatable this year" post as suspect. Nobody says anything nice on this forum and half the posters are trolls. The "how's team X going to be this year" posts are generally parents looking for confirmation of their choice of club. Or coaches looking for the same.

As for BBL at Battle on the Bay, they looked weak compared to their pool competition which doesn't mean they are a weak team but rather that they were playing above their level. Leading Edge looked better. Both teams will probably fair pretty well in Philly/NJ A tournaments.
[/quote]

NJ form is a little more civil than you are saying.
Two of the three NJ teams at Battle of the Bay played well. NJ has some good players and team at all levels. It would be nice for someone to create a tournament that draws the top NJ teams together.

Anonymous #275384 10/30/18 01:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

NJ form is a little more civil than you are saying.
Two of the three NJ teams at Battle of the Bay played well. NJ has some good players and team at all levels. It would be nice for someone to create a tournament that draws the top NJ teams together. [/quote]

Agreed, for the most part, this is forum has remained respectful, lets try and keep it that way. Regardless of team/club, the LI and Md. folks will always look down on NJ lacrosse despite the number of players being recruited to top college programs from NJ. It would be interesting to compare the ratio of total club players in NJ vs. the number of NJ players recruited to play college compared with LI and Md...I bet that the numbers are not that far apart. That being said, the success of any NJ program at the out-of-state tournaments is good for NJ lacrosse as a whole.

TM@BOTC #275419 10/31/18 10:43 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is black team considered the Elite team for BBL 2023

Anonymous #275473 11/01/18 07:49 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is black team considered the Elite team for BBL 2023

Yes

Sponsored Links
TM@BOTC #275912 11/07/18 08:33 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a Tri State or BBL parent but what happened at the game on Sunday. 8-3 Tri State,

TM@BOTC #276268 11/12/18 01:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a Tri State or BBL parent but what happened at the game on Sunday. 8-3 Tri State,

Not sure whether it would have made a difference, but I think that BBL may have had an injury or two..Tri-State was just better that day, but there is always a next time.

Anonymous #276860 11/21/18 08:36 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure whether it would have made a difference, but I think that BBL may have had an injury or two..Tri-State was just better that day, but there is always a next time.

Not trying to stir the pot, but I read a post in a 2024 forum discussing the BBL 2024 team beating Predators in the championship at Lehigh a few weeks ago. The post suggests that the BBL 2024 teams has some 14 year-old holdback/reclasses. I am assuming that this is just a disgruntled Predators parent, but are there any kids from last years BBL 2023 team that are playing 2024 this year.

Anonymous #277125 11/27/18 11:47 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not trying to stir the pot, but I read a post in a 2024 forum discussing the BBL 2024 team beating Predators in the championship at Lehigh a few weeks ago. The post suggests that the BBL 2024 teams has some 14 year-old holdback/reclasses. I am assuming that this is just a disgruntled Predators parent, but are there any kids from last years BBL 2023 team that are playing 2024 this year.

Not sure why they have some small '23 playing attack.

Anonymous #277133 11/27/18 12:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Preds parents were not disgruntled. Actually they were really pleased that their kids played so well against the much older squad.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard