BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,579
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 68 of 214 1 2 66 67 68 69 70 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its starting already the me, me me's. Oh how this team sport has been ruined. So sad

Nobody cheers for anyone but their own kid

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes....and travel lax has fueled the selfish behavior.....everybody's princess is the future UNC/MD star....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
seriously? girls lacrosse is the most corrupt self serving sport. Who you know, who you pay, etc etc. Especially when most of the talent is so closely grouped together

The recruiting process shakes out most of the BS. The best kids get offers from the Top college programs. After the dust settles and the best players are off the board the coaches move on to the next tier player.

All the nonsense that goes on with HS and Club teams really doesn't matter. The Top college coaches will identify, recruit and get the majority of the best players.

All the politicking and [lacrosse] kissing and letters to college coaches really will have little to do with what players the top programs recruit.

There is a small group of girls who will "truly" be recruited by the best college programs. The coaching staffs at places like Maryland, North Carolina, Northwestern, Penn State etc... Are the best evaluators of talent out there. (They also happen to be at schools where they can land top talent).

If the offers are not coming from the top programs the player is more than likely not a top tier player (at this time). If you are the schools 9th recruit and there is little to no $$ then again the player is probably not a top tier player.

There is a wide range in talent and athleticism out there and is is not the HS coach or the club coach or the delusional parent who determines where the player falls in the pecking order. It is the player and the college coaches.

[lacrosse] about politics and corruption all you want. When your daughter is on the field playing and the coaches from the top programs identify other players ahead of her it is not because of politics.

We all know what schools get the vast majority of the best players. If the offers don't come from those schools you will know where the player stands. You may not admit it but it is the truth.

There is corruption and politics with HS coaches and Club teams and there are many parents who think their daughter is a top tier kid but in the end the top programs want the best players and that is who they make offers to.

Now , how was that for a rant.

Can't wait to hear how the recruiting process is all rigged as well.

I agree that the top recruits on the top teams are usually the best players. But even you would agree that the 8th, 9th and sometimes 10th recruits on these teams are influenced by club politics and or parent influence. Those late recruits get little or no money, but the parents can say that their kid is going to a top 10 school. Don't be so naive. It goes on all the time

It happens less than you think at the top programs. High School coaches can play politics or manipulate and influence who gets recognition. Club directors can carry kids on their top teams who do not belong. However, all of the BS will not land a kid at the majority of the top college programs. It's just the way it is, the top college programs constantly get the majority of the best players and HS and Club BS has little to do with it. All of the know it all lacrosse parents can chat about how it's all corrupt and political but in the end the college coaches from the top programs identify , recruit and get the best players year in and year out.
If a girl had offers from Maryland, UNC, Duke, Florida, PSU, Notre Dame, Northwestern, Penn, Princeton, bC, Stanford and USC but choose to pass and go elsewhere well I'm sure she is very good but, you get the picture.....

You guys are just flat out wrong. Politics play a role every year at many of these top schools, may be in the form of the relationship they have with your travel programs director, a relationship they have with your high school coach, a relationship they have with a relative but make no mistake politics come into play. Believe what you want but rarely are players heavily recruited to all the top schools (they may tell you that), but some schools will tell a kid they are too small, not fast enough, while other in the top school group have the kid as their top pick. Schools like UNC and Md actually can afford to play politics as they know they are taking on average 8 kids per year and know they are going to get 6 or so kids who are complete studs so they can use the other 2 picks however they want if its keeping a big benefactor happy etc so be it. Happens all the time. My kid just happened to be one of those kids that was high on everyones list, was she that much better than kids that had limited options absolutely not, just peaked at the right time, was lucky and benefitted from politics.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its starting already the me, me me's. Oh how this team sport has been ruined. So sad

Nobody cheers for anyone but their own kid

Hopefully the slow down in recruitment will return some sanity back to the game

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just delay the insanity if we are lucky!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DIV 1
WARDMELVILLE
NORTHPORT
WEST ISLIP
SMITHEAT
SMITHWEST
RIVERHEAD

WHO WILL WIN AND WHY
WHO HAS NO CHANCE TALK TO ME

Riverhead should be the 3 or 4

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DIV 1
WARDMELVILLE
NORTHPORT
WEST ISLIP
SMITHEAT
SMITHWEST
RIVERHEAD

WHO WILL WIN AND WHY

Based on what ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DIV 1
WARDMELVILLE
NORTHPORT
WEST ISLIP
SMITHEAT
SMITHWEST
RIVERHEAD

WHO WILL WIN AND WHY

Riverhrad too young and not enough depth. They have improved over the past few years. Hard to tell if the coach could get it done because they have not had the talent to compete with the top teams. I think the next couple of years will be fun at Riverhead.

Northport and West Islip have to be the favorites. Both teams return enough talent and both teams have excellent coaching.

Smithtown East and Smithtown West will be okay . East may be a little stronger but who knows. Coaching is okay but not sure that either team has enough talent to win a county championship this year .

Ward Melville will be tough to beat. They will be athletic and deep but coaching just isn't there.

Northport and West Islip in county finals. ( unless WM has another strong regular seasons and messes with the playoff seedings) if NP and WI meet in the Semi finals one of the Smithtowns or WM might sneak in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the best or best bang for your buck travel programs? My daughter is in 5th and she is asking me to play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would say you get the most easy looks by playing for the YJ's but cracking their top team is almost impossible due to politics and pay to play families. The other clubs will give you the same things the YJ's will but you might have to work a little harder at contacting the college coaches. If your daughter can play she will always find a spot but make sure she finds a team that will allow her onto the field and not just take your cash to get a pinny, bumper sticker and other swag all while sitting her on the bench

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I would say you get the most easy looks by playing for the YJ's but cracking their top team is almost impossible due to politics and pay to play families. The other clubs will give you the same things the YJ's will but you might have to work a little harder at contacting the college coaches. If your daughter can play she will always find a spot but make sure she finds a team that will allow her onto the field and not just take your cash to get a pinny, bumper sticker and other swag all while sitting her on the bench

Also check the team chemistry, both your daughter with potential teammates and parents with whom you will be spending many weekends away.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the best or best bang for your buck travel programs? My daughter is in 5th and she is asking me to play.

Part of it will depend on where you live (East, West, North Shore or South Long Island). YJ has very good teams. It would be hard to make a top team just because the YJ top girls are very good. VERY LARGE club, lots of kids and lots of teams. Thats why people feel it is so political. TG is a good program as well but lack coaching and organization. Alot of the teams just seem to do a lot of things on their own not through TG. They have good players. I know that Liberty has a good program and have very good coaching. A friend of my daughters played there and got much better from attending the clinics they were running last year at the HUB in Syosset - may be a good way to try them out if they run them this winter. The knock on them is that they have a lot of Manhasset kids but I know many kids there arent from that town that play on liberty. Igloo - depends on the age group - very mixed an inconsistent. Elevate - they are ok - a lot of weak kids in many age groups, A lot of parent coaches coaching the teams - seems a lot like PAL and many people cant tolerate the Director at all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wantagh Dads will be on full exposure this weekend trying to run high school girls lax. Pathetic losers

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

Also check the team chemistry, both your daughter with potential teammates and parents with whom you will be spending many weekends away.

I would also stay away from girls' clubs that are the forgotten stepchildren of boys' programs, IOW any girls' program under the aegis of a boys' program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wantagh Dads will be on full exposure this weekend trying to run high school girls lax. Pathetic losers

What is this weekend? Why will the dads be on "full exposure"?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would also stay away from girls' clubs that are the forgotten stepchildren of boys' programs, IOW any girls' program under the aegis of a boys' program.

Legacy has done a nice job. Runs it separate except how they process payments. Different Director, very hands on guy when it comes to coaching. All of the teams are showing gradual improvement.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Defending County Champions Wantagh?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So let me understand this...some parents organize some fall ball 7v7's for their HS girls and this is a bad thing? Wantagh has been a pretty good team over the years, similar to many of the other HS programs that show up at these fall tournaments and that is a bad thing? Unfortunately Wantagh had a coach for 2 years that left, a new coach last year who is gone and now a new coach this year but these parents are helping and that is a bad thing?

Tell us who you hate and why

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents have too much say in coaching and too much access through booster clubs and volunteering with summer league and fall ball. My town has run out about 5 coaches until they got someone hand picked. These coaches shouldn't owe anyone anything

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents have too much say in coaching and too much access through booster clubs and volunteering with summer league and fall ball. My town has run out about 5 coaches until they got someone hand picked. These coaches shouldn't owe anyone anything

I wouldn't call what these Wantagh dads are doing is coaching...I would say more like subbing. Wantagh should try and get Shannon Smith to coach the team, so there is no conflict of interest. Quick question, are all the other teams being coached by their hs coaches?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wouldn't call what these Wantagh dads are doing is coaching...I would say more like subbing. Wantagh should try and get Shannon Smith to coach the team, so there is no conflict of interest. Quick question, are all the other teams being coached by their hs coaches?

We have a Shannon Smith like Travel Coach in our town for HS and that comes with a ton of conflicts. Who plays for the coaches club in the summer. Who plays for the coaches summer team. Who does privates. Who does camps. Which kids get penalized for showing up with the wrong summer back pack. See the conflicts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DIV 1
WARDMELVILLE
NORTHPORT
WEST ISLIP
SMITHEAT
SMITHWEST
RIVERHEAD

WHO WILL WIN AND WHY

Based on what ?

They have the worst parents and that nonsense has trickled down to the kids over the years. The players could not care less about winning as long as they get their stats. You have a parent who posts her kids stats on social media and that they are the record holder for these so called stats even posting the records they have broken ( its Riverhead girls lacrosse those stats are the equivalent of most improved awards at the PAL level). They openly root against each others kids on the sideline then you have the parents who use each other for free training etc just to disparage the person providing the training. Many older players have quit in order to avoid the toxic atmosphere that group creates and is one of the reasons they have been average at best the past several years. As long as you have those players who care more about their stat line than the team winning they will continue to beat up the bad teams and lose to the good teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DIV 1
WARDMELVILLE
NORTHPORT
WEST ISLIP
SMITHEAT
SMITHWEST
RIVERHEAD

WHO WILL WIN AND WHY

Riverhead shouldn’t be on the list. Mediocre at best. Also WI is not as strong as past teams. May be a down year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DIV 1
WARDMELVILLE
NORTHPORT
WEST ISLIP
SMITHEAT
SMITHWEST
RIVERHEAD

WHO WILL WIN AND WHY

Riverhead shouldn’t be on the list. Mediocre at best. Also WI is not as strong as past teams. May be a down year.
riverhead has some strong players. All yj studs.
West islip has some great talent. Last yr was a rebuilding season

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]DIV 1
WARDMELVILLE
NORTHPORT
WEST ISLIP
SMITHEAT
SMITHWEST
RIVERHEAD

WHO WILL WIN AND WHY

YJ studs? not one riverhead kid is a top 10 player on any YJ team they play on

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]DIV 1
WARDMELVILLE
NORTHPORT
WEST ISLIP
SMITHEAT
SMITHWEST
RIVERHEAD

WHO WILL WIN AND WHY

actually they have 2

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]DIV 1
WARDMELVILLE
NORTHPORT
WEST ISLIP
SMITHEAT
A
SMITHWEST
RIVERHEAD

WHO WILL WIN AND WHY

actually they have 2

Actually, they do not have any.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]DIV 1
WARDMELVILLE
NORTHPORT
WEST ISLIP
SMITHEAT
SMITHWEST

WHO WILL WIN AND WHY

actually they have 2

I would normally think this is just someone stirring the pot but I have seen the "greatest in Riverhead history " social media posts so maybe mom should stop posting . Even stranger to me is that mom must have gone back to the start of Riverhead program and added up all the previous players stats to compare to her kids stats . Also interesting is that they have the record for stats that the team does not even keep .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't forget the dad that has team practices with his chosen group before big games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]DIV 1
WARDMELVILLE
NORTHPORT
WEST ISLIP
SMITHEAT
A
SMITHWEST
RIVERHEAD

WHO WILL WIN AND WHY

actually they have 2

Actually, they do not have any.

Maybe 1 and that's pushing it!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok if not riverhead tell me what studs sw or se has??? Or any team on the list

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Teams win not individuals, go dig up dirt on someone else.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Teams win not individuals, go dig up dirt on someone else.

Riverhead,Smithtown East very much the same and both programs will struggle to ever win it all in part because of a toxic environment created in youth lacrosse by daddy coaches who have zero lax IQ.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]DIV 1
WARDMELVILLE
NORTHPORT
WEST ISLIP
SMITHEAT
SMITHWEST
RIVERHEAD

WHO WILL WIN AND WHY

HUNTINGTON should be on the list. Very strong senior class!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Riverhead beat WI last year they will be strong
WI will be in the running don't kmow who will step up for them still young

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure what the problem is with Riverhead or maybe it is some specific people for personal reason??.... MOST just look to keep their heads down and do their thing and never advertise. Value in humility. Plenty have committed to great schools, most do not play for YJ. The fact so much misinformation is out there attests to the fact that MOST lay low and their information is just that... theirs. Those that need to know, know. They rest of you are just making things up. Find something better to do than shredding teams, girls and their families.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure what the problem is with Riverhead or maybe it is some specific people for personal reason??.... MOST just look to keep their heads down and do their thing and never advertise. Value in humility. Plenty have committed to great schools, most do not play for YJ. The fact so much misinformation is out there attests to the fact that MOST lay low and their information is just that... theirs. Those that need to know, know. They rest of you are just making things up. Find something better to do than shredding teams, girls and their families.

You are obviously from Riverhead and it is also possible that you keep to yourself but you are also being dishonest. What exactly is the misinformation, the team is talented but they do not play as a team. I was on the sideline when we played Riverhead and was actually shocked that the parents are openly critical of players who are not their own. You can try to sweep it under the rug but have heard its a terrible environment with older players picking on younger and have witnessed it both on the sideline and on the field of play with players yelling at one another. Good luck with your season but don't come on this site telling people they are misinformed and then be dishonest.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Riverhead beat WI last year they will be strong
WI will be in the running don't kmow who will step up for them still young
wi has a great goalie and will run their team through a couple of very talented players the rest of the team is a good support system i think they will be strong. i thing riverbed has more tg than yj? we played them last year. i think they are a young team and are pretty fast. constantly moving. the real question is what will mc be like? and can sw get in the mix

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New question/topic re: recruiting and service academies. With the rule changes, has anyone had any experience or know how that affects the situation ? Considering there are so many other variables and a huge commitment outside of lacrosse...thoughts ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]DIV 1
WARDMELVILLE
NORTHPORT
WEST ISLIP
SMITHEAT
SMITHWEST
RIVERHEAD

WHO WILL WIN AND WHY

HUNTINGTON should be on the list. Very strong senior class!

Huntington had their shot in 2015 and couldn't get it done, they won't have another group that talented any time soon

Like Reply Quote
Page 68 of 214 1 2 66 67 68 69 70 213 214
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard