BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 22 of 48 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 47 48
Re: Boys 2025 - 5th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Does Express get to be considered AA if they feature a 6th grader? Doesn't that make them a 2024 team?

Oreilly's team is a true 2025 group of kids that played well this weekend.

I feel bad for the kid, its the parents who allow this. Did they think they would sneak in and go unnoticed? The lax world might be crazy, but it's still a small community. Holdbacks are bad but at least within the horrible age rules as they stand. This matter of a 6th grade 2024 boy who plans to stay in that grade, born in 2006 and playing 2025 with the approval of Channy and the clearly abusive and sick parents is just taking cheating to another level.

If all the organizations formed teams based on WSYL dates, then so be it, but those are not the rules now and the Tournaments should prevent this.

I really do feel bad for the kid. He will have to carry this with him.

Please show me the rules that state it is ok for a boy born in 2006 but is in 5th grade to play?? Please produce that. and i will show you - us lacrosse age requirement that state any boy born after Aug.31st in 2006 pg 48 CAN play.
http://content.yudu.com/web/y5b2/0A1v7bf/2017YouthBoysRuleboo/html/index.html?page=48

While USL has put out rules for age-based play, they have not yet insisted that teams, tournaments, clubs use age-based play yet. At this point, most of youth lacrosse is still grade-based. USL is a very weak governing organization - they are trying to gradually push towards age-based play, but not very hard, or at least not nearly as hard as they could - their phased-in approach is way too slow and passive. They could very easily force the hand by taking a position that clubs, tournaments, etc that are not age-based are not in compliance with USL and therefore lose all rights/benefits, specifically insurance.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does Express get to be considered AA if they feature a 6th grader? Doesn't that make them a 2024 team?

I feel bad for the kid, its the parents who allow this. Did they think they would sneak in and go unnoticed? The lax world might be crazy, but it's still a small community. Holdbacks are bad but at least within the horrible age rules as they stand. This matter of a 6th grade 2024 boy who plans to stay in that grade, born in 2006 and playing 2025 with the approval of Channy and the clearly abusive and sick parents is just taking cheating to another level.

If all the organizations formed teams based on WSYL dates, then so be it, but those are not the rules now and the Tournaments should prevent this.

Please Stop it 91 dad. Do you realize what you just said "hold backs are bad but at least within the horrible age rules as they stand" If the boy in question is within the horrible age rules(as you so put it) Aug,31st. Then who cares what Grade he is in??I know Its the parents that held back there kids that are making the biggest gripe.

Blast doesn't have any holdbacks. Theyre all on age 2025's and 1 2026 who won't be 10 until next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mixed Nuts, you have to beat Geese and 91 before you can proclaim yourself AAA. Oh, wait.......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please Stop it 91 dad. Do you realize what you just said "hold backs are bad but at least within the horrible age rules as they stand" If the boy in question is within the horrible age rules(as you so put it) Aug,31st. Then who cares what Grade he is in??I know Its the parents that held back there kids that are making the biggest gripe.

Simple question, is the kid in 6th grade. If the answer is yes (and it is), he should not be playing 2025.

And how did the cheating work out for you vs the Geese?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please show me the rules that state it is ok for a boy born in 2006 but is in 5th grade to play?? Please produce that. and i will show you - us lacrosse age requirement that state any boy born after Aug.31st in 2006 pg 48 CAN play.
http://content.yudu.com/web/y5b2/0A1v7bf/2017YouthBoysRuleboo/html/index.html?page=48

While USL has put out rules for age-based play, they have not yet insisted that teams, tournaments, clubs use age-based play yet. At this point, most of youth lacrosse is still grade-based. USL is a very weak governing organization - they are trying to gradually push towards age-based play, but not very hard, or at least not nearly as hard as they could - their phased-in approach is way too slow and passive. They could very easily force the hand by taking a position that clubs, tournaments, etc that are not age-based are not in compliance with USL and therefore lose all rights/benefits, specifically insurance.

The kid in question does not make the Aug 31. CUT OFF!!!!!!

Please explain this to me.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am all for age-based play, but show me where there are age-based rules for non age-based (IE, grade-based play)? Your are citing rules for USL's age-based play, which is ONLY recommended. Each one of the sections for "Age and Eligitbilty" sections of the rules ONLY apply IF the team/club/tournament has adopted USL's age-based play, which for most games is not the case. (https://www.uslacrosse.org/sites/de.../player-segmentation-task-force-recs.pdf)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They basically played in a C bracket this weekend., At Columbus Day they went 0-3 with only 3 goals scored vs 30 against.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is in 6th grade--- but he's on a 2026 team. He's not very bright and I assume his glory days are with us now for a short period.

We will be held back in the future.....Maybe-- most probably.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They basically played in a C bracket this weekend., At Columbus Day they went 0-3 with only 3 goals scored vs 30 against.

What team is your son on? And what are your credentials since you seem to know so little.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Blast doesn't have any holdbacks. Theyre all on age 2025's and 1 2026 who won't be 10 until next year.

I guess that's why you guys are pumpkin picking at purchase this weekend. And not face legacy or express???

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess that's why you guys are pumpkin picking at purchase this weekend. And not face legacy or express???

I don't disagree with the choice. They had (as talked about here, which as we all know is not entirely accurate) a odd season last year, now have new coaches and I am sure new faces. Let them come together as a team before throwing then against the best. It's like some people can't to talk about them losing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So it appears that Blast is playing the easiest tournament possible. I’ve never even heard of those teams! Jeez, and we thought the Sweary Balls were a joke.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Geese, Ducks and Channy playing on LI this weekend. Wonder why Blast has to travel?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So it appears that Blast is playing the easiest tournament possible. I’ve never even heard of those teams! Jeez, and we thought the Sweary Balls were a joke.

I believe JS referees that to the CHARLIE BROWN TOURNAMENT...GOOD LUCK BLAST

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Geese, Ducks and Channy playing on LI this weekend. Wonder why Blast has to travel?

Get a life, the foliage is beautiful up there this time over year, This will be a family fun trip for us. We are all family now, all out pumpkin picking!! Aren't you jealous??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mixed Nuts, you have to beat Geese and 91 before you can proclaim yourself AAA. Oh, wait.......

you're on LI there is no proclaimed AAA they tell daddy's that to make him feel better while they open their mouths to put down others.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think JS referees anything except maybe his kids. Read what you write before you post, dope.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think JS referees anything except maybe his kids. Read what you write before you post, dope.

And get it straight; it is the Charlie Brown Invitational! And Blast will be the greatest pumpkins there! JS would be so proud! I guess Mule and O’Keefe have seen what we all have been seeing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cheating, cheat, cheaters!!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How about this weekend.. you bring signs and point the kid out? Maybe go with a bell and chant "Shame Shame Shame"

If not, SHUT UP!

Until you call his parents & Shammy out.. no one is doing anything. You really think the kid woke up and said, "Mom & Dad, can I play with the kids that's aren't my friends in school so you feel good about yourself"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i love how everyone talks about hold backs. Really. come on .. Been going on for years. makes a very small impact. There are plenty of kids that play up, and out paly the older boys. So enough with the excuses. Your kid either has it or he does not. learn to deal with it, stop complaining. and move on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i love how everyone talks about hold backs. Really. come on .. Been going on for years. makes a very small impact. There are plenty of kids that play up, and out paly the older boys. So enough with the excuses. Your kid either has it or he does not. learn to deal with it, stop complaining. and move on.

Good thing hockey, baseball, basketball, soccer, etc, etc, etc - pretty much EVERY OTHER major youth sport - all didn't take your recommendation to "deal with it, stop complaining. <SIC> and move on". Get the point?!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Too bad the ducks aren't playing channy, just the geese, which means the ducks will most likely face one of them in the finals

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey, we all know it's not the kid! It's the parents!
I just hope that the kid isn't permanently damaged by the negligent and abusive parenting he must be subjected to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking for real feed back on the LI Outlaws Clinics. It is cheap compared to a lot of other clinics. Thoughts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Looking for real feed back on the LI Outlaws Clinics. It is cheap compared to a lot of other clinics. Thoughts?"

My sons play for a different organizations, and no thoughts of moving, but the Outlaw clinics are generally decent and a good value.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Looking for real feed back on the LI Outlaws Clinics. It is cheap compared to a lot of other clinics. Thoughts?"

My sons play for a different organizations, and no thoughts of moving, but the Outlaw clinics are generally decent and a good value.

School ball is always a mix between the years... in all sports, so stop please...Know what you are talking about. Club sports do the same. and Soccer is the only sport that just recently changed. to ... it all balances in the end..

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
The only ones that can stop it are the tournament organizers. USA lacrosse has not mandated a universal id card for players and as a result players play wherever their parents register them. If like soccer the kids that were playing lined up with their id cards in the center of the field and the referees checked them then it would eliminate the issue. This will not happen because its about getting as many teams to register for your tournament. Why as many teams because its a business. If a tournament put in the restriction of validated age per year born not graduation year many teams would be unable to play. Issue is if one tournament is asking for age verification there are 5 others on the same day that are not and as a result teams and whole programs will go to the tournaments not requiring the proof of age. Whats interesting is that USA lacrosse has something in place but are not willing to implement it. Most kids have USA lacrosse id numbers. So if a player is registered with US lacrosse they already have an id# and a means to create a system to monitor birth year play. Its that simple. If parents held US lacrosse accountable maybe they would not turn a blind eye to it. Most tournaments and events are US lacrosse backed with insurance so it would be simple to do.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Now you know there are quite a few boys on blast born in 2006. Talking out of both sides of your mouth.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by America's Game
The only ones that can stop it are the tournament organizers. USA lacrosse has not mandated a universal id card for players and as a result players play wherever their parents register them. If like soccer the kids that were playing lined up with their id cards in the center of the field and the referees checked them then it would eliminate the issue. This will not happen because its about getting as many teams to register for your tournament. Why as many teams because its a business. If a tournament put in the restriction of validated age per year born not graduation year many teams would be unable to play. Issue is if one tournament is asking for age verification there are 5 others on the same day that are not and as a result teams and whole programs will go to the tournaments not requiring the proof of age. Whats interesting is that USA lacrosse has something in place but are not willing to implement it. Most kids have USA lacrosse id numbers. So if a player is registered with US lacrosse they already have an id# and a means to create a system to monitor birth year play. Its that simple. If parents held US lacrosse accountable maybe they would not turn a blind eye to it. Most tournaments and events are US lacrosse backed with insurance so it would be simple to do.

From your lips to Gods ears.There are so many parents that feel the same way. Great post!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

School ball is always a mix between the years... in all sports, so stop please...Know what you are talking about. Club sports do the same. and Soccer is the only sport that just recently changed. to ... it all balances in the end..

Wow - trying to connect your response to the quoted post and just left scratching my head . . .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If the kid in question made the Aug.31st cutoff I would have no problem with that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are so wrong.This sport has grown so much in the last 5yrs.1 year makes a huge difference in youth sports. My kid has it! He Works hard and is very athletic. He plays other on AGE sports and stands out. He enjoys and shows his best skills at lacrosse. Yet only falls short to some of the hold backs. What I see out there, is 85% of the best players on the best teams but not all were born in 2006.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow little Johnny is a stand out at 11 years old way to go , last time I checked kids get moved up in High school and it all becomes even and in travel after 15 it all levels out . I am glad you have all the answers go hit the wall with your son little Rabil

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you think holding back kids does not give them an enormous advantage then you are clueless. Why do it if there is no advantage?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow little Johnny is a stand out at 11 years old way to go , last time I checked kids get moved up in High school and it all becomes even and in travel after 15 it all levels out . I am glad you have all the answers go hit the wall with your son little Rabil

Your quote holds no substance in this argument. We are not talking about High School sports. This is youth sports and should be age based. When its time to evaluate Johnny the young man for the HS team an determine if he should get moved up. That's fine.Until that time, I want him playing with kids his own age.No disrespect for the parents of hold backs for whatever reason you felt it necessary to hold them back. However, they should play sports with kids there own age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your quote holds no substance in this argument. We are not talking about High School sports. This is youth sports and should be age based. When its time to evaluate Johnny the young man for the HS team an determine if he should get moved up. That's fine.Until that time, I want him playing with kids his own age.No disrespect for the parents of hold backs for whatever reason you felt it necessary to hold them back. However, they should play sports with kids there own age.

Clearly there are too many on BOTC that have no clue about the differences between preadolescent, prepubescent, and pubescent stages and what they mean relative to athletics. There are so many studies related to this, easily available online that it boggles the mind that anyone would continue to argue against age-based play for preadolescent and/or prepubescent ages. There is absolutely ZERO arguments for grade-based play ta these ages.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey, we all know it's not the kid! It's the parents!
I just hope that the kid isn't permanently damaged by the negligent and abusive parenting he must be subjected to.

your 2025 is clearly your oldest. guess what, this happens all the time. wait until 7th/8th grade. there will be at least 5-6 more. its worse in MD and PA. most of their 2025s are 2006 bdays

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now you know there are quite a few boys on blast born in 2006. Talking out of both sides of your mouth

Quite a few? Nope, but there are one or two who are holdbacks with '06 birthdates. But it's a guarantee that there are no 6th grade boys like you now have so go sell your lie to your pals at Express practice.

It's interesting to me that Channy promotes his experience at the Naval Academy where they have a strict honor code. Then he has the stones and the lack of moral fiber that allows him to serve up this despicable bull crap.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cheating, cheaters, money grabbing, huge rostering, playing down scum, cheats!

Page 22 of 48 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 47 48

Link Copied to Clipboard