BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Boys 2021 - 9th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Across the board, Next Level is way behind Madlax, VLC, BW. Way behind.

agreed with 2018 and 2019, NL isn't as good as the other 3
BUT
at 2020 NL has the best team of the group
at 2021 NL is equal to VLC and BW but slightly behind Madlax
at 2022 NL is right behind Madlax and ahead of VLC
at 2023 and younger NL is equal to ML and ahead of VLC

I would have to say for the DMV NL has become the 4th seat in the top club car. So if you have a 2024 kid and think he is elite you should be showing up to these 4 teams tryouts and picking where he fits best.
Well sorry you will not be showing up at BW tryouts they only send out secret emails at 12am on every third Tuesday of the month.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BUT

I would have to say for the DMV NL has become the 4th seat in the top club car. So if you have a 2024 kid and think he is elite you should be showing up to these 4 teams tryouts and picking where he fits best.
Well sorry you will not be showing up at BW tryouts they only send out secret emails at 12am on every third Tuesday of the month.

1. Many N.VA kids do not consider NL a N.VA team the talent for the future is in Loudoun where parents will not cross the river to play.
2. Why would anyone compare your team to a VLC 2023 team that has not played a game yet? Are they better or worse? How could you know? They just formed a team.
3. Why bother with a comparison to BW who knows what the future will hold. BW will still attract good kids based on reputation, I think? but the landscape is changing.

Finally, at 2022 Evergreen is the team that is ahead of VLC and just behind Madlax!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BUT

NL 2020 used to be very good, but a ton of guys left. That is why they sucked this summer.

As for 2022 and 2023, we'll see where they shake out. Word is VLC's 2022 retooled and their 2023 team is excellent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Way behind? Nah. Behind, yes. But gaining, especially on Madlax, as Next Level has been able to hold onto boys who five years ago would have gone to Madlax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes VLC 2022 is not great but might improve

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is a home for all you little-johnny daddies. little johnny needs to practice and enjoy his life. like you crazies thinking that clubs are magic factories.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes VLC 2022 is not great but might improve

VLC went on a rampage, taking the scalpel to all of their teams. It's probably too late for 2019 to be reloaded sufficiently to reach the quality of 2017 and 2018, but expect much better things from 2020 and 2021.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone who is touting Evergreen for anything needs to be medicated.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the best tournaments 2021s will be attending this fall?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the best tournaments 2021s will be attending this fall?

Terrapin Fall Classic in Philly

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Next Summer what would be some of the better tournaments to attend for 2021.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well 2022 VLC was not very good last year not comparable to madlax next level express

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Early 2021 Fall Look at University of Maryland Play Day - only know DCE scores - sorry don't have others - games played at different fields overlapping - and likely all teams missing kids to fall sports:

DCE 5 - Philly Freedom 0
DCE 11 - Leading Edge 2
DCE 15 - Annapolis Hawks 2

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Early 2021 Fall Look at University of Maryland Play Day - only know DCE scores - sorry don't have others - games played at different fields overlapping - and likely all teams missing kids to fall sports:

DCE 5 - Philly Freedom 0
DCE 11 - Leading Edge 2
DCE 15 - Annapolis Hawks 2

Thats impressive. Gotta be loaded with older players ( holdbacks)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
50% of DCE repeated a grade. Cheaters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
50% may be a light estimate...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As a parent of a 2018 I do feel this age/grades pain with the hold back issues. I was never mad or upset about holdbacks tell my son passed his 9th grade year into his 10th grade year. He is on age or close to young for his grade. He grew 3 inches and 20 pounds from 1st day of 9th grade to 1st day of 10th grade. He is now in the middle of picking from a list of D2 top 20 teams. I have no question in my mind that he would be signing with a low D1 or high D1 this same time next year if I had of reclassed him. The good news for you parents of 9th grade players is the Sept 1st rule will help your sons big time. Keep grinding and do not let the holdback in front of your son get you down. This new rule will give him a chance to pass that holdback. I only wish the rule came out 3 years earlier.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've heard all bout DCE. And I've watched Madlax practices. How are VLC 2021 and NL 2021 looking?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As a parent of a 2018 I do feel this age/grades pain with the hold back issues. I was never mad or upset about holdbacks tell my son passed his 9th grade year into his 10th grade year. He is on age or close to young for his grade. He grew 3 inches and 20 pounds from 1st day of 9th grade to 1st day of 10th grade. He is now in the middle of picking from a list of D2 top 20 teams. I have no question in my mind that he would be signing with a low D1 or high D1 this same time next year if I had of reclassed him. The good news for you parents of 9th grade players is the Sept 1st rule will help your sons big time. Keep grinding and do not let the holdback in front of your son get you down. This new rule will give him a chance to pass that holdback. I only wish the rule came out 3 years earlier.

The last few years have been difficult for many to watch the changing world of youth lacrosse and to a degree HS lacrosse. The epidemic of holdbacks/reclass has changed the attitude of many as our children participate and parents watch or coach.

Watching children clearly older play against younger children just doesnt seem in the spirit of youth sports. Even competitive youth sports.

HS is a different world as it is 9-12. Even then there is a slight advantage to being a year older. UA games confirm that, as Command teams are loaded with reclassed players that would never have made the Highlight team .

I doubt sanity will come back as there seems to be more players that are reclassing and the prefirst grade has much more students than past.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The last few years have been difficult for many to watch the changing world of youth lacrosse and to a degree HS lacrosse. The epidemic of holdbacks/reclass has changed the attitude of many as our children participate and parents watch or coach.

Watching children clearly older play against younger children just doesnt seem in the spirit of youth sports. Even competitive youth sports.

HS is a different world as it is 9-12. Even then there is a slight advantage to being a year older. UA games confirm that, as Command teams are loaded with reclassed players that would never have made the Highlight team .

I doubt sanity will come back as there seems to be more players that are reclassing and the prefirst grade has much more students than past.

I think that the early recruiting may slow down the hold backs and reclassifications. My son is a young 14 year old 9th grader. (October birthday) He has passed many of the players that are a year older than him as he is now catching up with his physical maturity. His speed was always his weekness, and now it is becoming a strength. I think 11th grade it all equals out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think that the early recruiting may slow down the hold backs and reclassifications. My son is a young 14 year old 9th grader. (October birthday) He has passed many of the players that are a year older than him as he is now catching up with his physical maturity. His speed was always his weekness, and now it is becoming a strength. I think 11th grade it all equals out.

You are correct and that is why the Sept 1st Jr year rule might be the fix we all have been looking for.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any player that is truly good does not need to be held back or "reclassified"!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any player that is truly good does not need to be held back or "reclassified"!!!!

Unfortunately that is the issue. A good player reclassed or a year older due to prefirst becomes a great player up to some point in HS. Then many are established as starters.

As most who have had players go through the process. To get a starting job from a player takes more than just being the same or slightly better. To take his starting position requires being noticeable better. A true athletic superior player will always win out. But the majority of lacrosse players are decent to good athletics. And being a year older and starter for prior years gives you a slight advantage all thru HS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mdx posted a nice video of their win over evergreen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where?

Somebody showed me that - its on their facebook page

You can see from the end of the video that MDX had 15 subs, Evergreen 1

MDX is the Evergreen of Maryland

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone attend Terrapin Fall Classic this weekend for 2021. Is there a place to see results?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any truth to the rumor that VLC is looking to shore up weaknesses by luring kids away from other clubs? Which positions?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any truth to the rumor that VLC is looking to shore up weaknesses by luring kids away from other clubs? Which positions?

Well I think it depends on how you define "luring" kids away? All teams at this level will take a kid later on if he is good enough. Your sons roster spot is his but they never promise to keep the total number of kids on a team the same all 12 months. VLC has been known to carry larger rosters if the kids parents allow it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well I think it depends on how you define "luring" kids away? All teams at this level will take a kid later on if he is good enough. Your sons roster spot is his but they never promise to keep the total number of kids on a team the same all 12 months. VLC has been known to carry larger rosters if the kids parents allow it

VLC 2021 totally re-tooled this past year, cutting many kids who were with the program for awhile. Shame, these kids seemed to have been developing well, just late bloomers. Instead the club picked up a lot of big kids, thinking size was everything. According to the fall tourney results, it would appear to have been a real miscalculation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
VLC does not poach other kids. The owner of one of the DMV clubs has texted VLC players trying to get them to switch, and the owner of one of the other clubs is a well known poacher. VLC doesn't do that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can Virginia/DC get their own thread so they can go suck all by themselves and leave the rest of us out of it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
VLC does not poach other kids. The owner of one of the DMV clubs has texted VLC players trying to get them to switch, and the owner of one of the other clubs is a well known poacher. VLC doesn't do that.

Sorry sir you are not telling the truth. I can promise you a VLC coach has talked to a kid or parent about his kid "you should try out for VLC" or if you are not happy I have a spot. Or a parent of a VLC kid has talked to another parent then that parent calls the coach. I can 1000% guarantee this has happened.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry sir you are not telling the truth. I can promise you a VLC coach has talked to a kid or parent about his kid "you should try out for VLC" or if you are not happy I have a spot. Or a parent of a VLC kid has talked to another parent then that parent calls the coach. I can 1000% guarantee this has happened.

Teams and parents talk to each other?? Shocking. The rosters are on the website. Seems like the team has a reasonable roster size. I am sure every kid there chose to look at the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Teams and parents talk to each other?? Shocking. The rosters are on the website. Seems like the team has a reasonable roster size. I am sure every kid there chose to look at the team.

I agree and that is my point to act like VLC is so clean and morally better then the other clubs is just silly. All the top teams take "poach" kids from other top clubs. How they end up at the new club happens for a 100 different reasons. If I called a VLC coach today and told him my son is looking to leave Blackwolf,NL,BL or Madlax and he is a top starter. Please tell me how the phone call would go from there? No child has ever been poached from any club. He was offered a choice and his parents took that choice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, if you say so, then it must be the truth. But poaching is knowing that a kid plays for another club and actively wooing them to leave. I have not seen them do that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, if you say so, then it must be the truth. But poaching is knowing that a kid plays for another club and actively wooing them to leave. I have not seen them do that.

So you really think at a NVYLL game or high school game people do not talk about the best players and where they play club? And do you really think these things do not have VLC coaches at them? And if a parent asked a VLC coach about there son playing for VLC they would not answer yes I think he can play for me. If a VLC coach asked the parent "where does your son play club?" This is all poaching.

And when you imply that VLC does not poach it sounds like to me you are saying this other club does poach. So lets get to the point who do you want to call out for poaching? ______________

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree and that is my point to act like VLC is so clean and morally better then the other clubs is just silly. All the top teams take "poach" kids from other top clubs. How they end up at the new club happens for a 100 different reasons. If I called a VLC coach today and told him my son is looking to leave Blackwolf,NL,BL or Madlax and he is a top starter. Please tell me how the phone call would go from there? No child has ever been poached from any club. He was offered a choice and his parents took that choice.

Poaching happens when a club actively approaches a kid they know to be on a different club and then tries to lure the kid to switch clubs. If a parent has a kid playing for the club but they are dissatisfied, contact a new club and see if there's a place for him, that is not poaching by a club.

Everyone knows the club that lives for poaching kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Latest 2018 Defenseman to commit to Towson did so about 2 months ago, nearly half way through his senior year.

Here are his stats:
- He is a legit 2018, summer birthday, perfect candidate to hold-back. ("OMG what a disadvantage")

- He played on FCA's "2nd" Team for most of his high school club lax until the 1st and 2nd team combined last year. ("OMG He'll never get the exposure")

- He played JV at a MIAA school through the 10th grade. ("OMG he will never be taken seriously by D1 recruiters")

He got better, worked hard, and kept his chin up. Now's he's committed to play for a team that made the final 4 last year.

If you are good enough .... they will find you. No excuses. Not for 2018s and not for 2021s.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Latest 2018 Defenseman to commit to Towson did so about 2 months ago, nearly half way through his senior year.

Here are his stats:
- He is a legit 2018, summer birthday, perfect candidate to hold-back. ("OMG what a disadvantage")

- He played on FCA's "2nd" Team for most of his high school club lax until the 1st and 2nd team combined last year. ("OMG He'll never get the exposure")

- He played JV at a MIAA school through the 10th grade. ("OMG he will never be taken seriously by D1 recruiters")

He got better, worked hard, and kept his chin up. Now's he's committed to play for a team that made the final 4 last year.

If you are good enough .... they will find you. No excuses. Not for 2018s and not for 2021s.

Wow. Way to bring this thread back to life with pointless drivel. Thanks!! Good thing for lacrosse. He would have never gotten into Towson without it!!

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard