Fall Showcases are Now Open - First up is the Labor Day D1scovery Day Showcase for Boys & Girls | Send us your commitment story & Contact us for Lacrosse Events boosting. Keep Laxin'!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,207
Posts346,902
Members2,497
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 19 of 45 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 44 45
Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I WAS THERE, and I watched it with my own eyes! My son plays hockey and if the benches clear, the game is called and both teams are kicked out of the tournament. Also, I never passed judgement, these are 13 and in some cases 14 year old boys who are going to make mistakes and need to be taught that there is consequences for those actions. I stated that both teams should have been ejected for leaving the sidelines and it is the coaches responsibility to keep the players on the sideline. It honestly does not make either Club look good. They are the 2 best teams on Long Island and both are top 4 teams in the Country. There was no need for either cheap shot, the first by the Express boy which drew the flag and whistle and the retaliatory after the whistle cheap shot by the Igloo player. This highlights the problem with youth lacrosse and USA Lacrosse. In Hockey both players and their coaches would be suspended for a long time and both teams would have been tossed from the tournament. Honestly Blatant drop the ball big time.


They sure did... it is clearly stated in bullet 3 of their tournament rules. Hopefully Blatant will learn from this and enforce in the future.

General Youth Tournament Rules

Mouth Guards, Arm Pads and Shoulder Pads Required
Penalty time will be kept by refs (Man-Up/Man-Down)
Any fighting/flagrant disrespect towards an official will result in expulsion from the tournament
Games consist of 2- 20 minute running time game – 1 minute half time to switch sides, 4 minutes between games.
Time will be kept on field.
No timeouts in last 5 minutes. 1 Timeout per game.
No Dogs allowed
No Barbeques allowed
Concessions/Vendor Village will be present
EMT/First Aid will be present
3 Points for Win, 1 Point for Tie
Tie Game= 2 minute Braveheart 3 v 3
Tiebreakers- Points, Head to Head, Goal Differential, Goals Against
All Grades- Man Up/Man Down (Can play fast breaks if both teams agree (2/3 Grade)
No Clearing time, but 4 second goalie rule applies
NO TAKE OUT CHECKS
Horns available upon coaches requests for substitutions
MERCY RULE: If team is trailing by 6 goals they have OPTION to take the ball
Long poles are allowed at ALL ages
Unless otherwise stated Blatant tournaments will follow NFHS rules
DISPUTES: All disputes to be resolved by the rules committee and decisions are FINAL

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I WAS THERE, and I watched it with my own eyes! My son plays hockey and if the benches clear, the game is called and both teams are kicked out of the tournament. Also, I never passed judgement, these are 13 and in some cases 14 year old boys who are going to make mistakes and need to be taught that there is consequences for those actions. I stated that both teams should have been ejected for leaving the sidelines and it is the coaches responsibility to keep the players on the sideline. It honestly does not make either Club look good. They are the 2 best teams on Long Island and both are top 4 teams in the Country. There was no need for either cheap shot, the first by the Express boy which drew the flag and whistle and the retaliatory after the whistle cheap shot by the Igloo player. This highlights the problem with youth lacrosse and USA Lacrosse. In Hockey both players and their coaches would be suspended for a long time and both teams would have been tossed from the tournament. Honestly Blatant drop the ball big time.


Refereeing in hockey is much more controlled, both in terms of the refs themselves as well as the rule book they use for in game control and resulting protocol for situations like what happened in this game. This is just another example of where USAL is very weak governing organization versus USAH - there are a myriad of problems the sport of lacrosse has with a vacuum at the "top". The sport will continue to have problems, amplified by the growth in participation. USAL either needs to step up, or an alternative organization/body should start up. Lacrosse needs to look to what other youth sports have already experienced and matured forward from - there is nothign unique about lacrosse that makes it different or immune from the issues other sports have already successfully dealt with.

Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whoever said "There were only a couple kids that lost their tempers and should have been ejected, the other boys were trying to help get things under control." Are you saying 13 old boys left the bench to help get things under control. Players should not be allowed to leave the bench. The end. Kids get into it on the field fine, it's a physical game. Leaving the bench crosses a line. The NBA got that right.

Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"And just to set the record straight Express--you are lucky parents intervened and stopped the fight from escalating...I 'll leave it at that. It would've been a bloodbath--stick to yelling at the defenseless refs..."

"no way that's an Igloo parent"

Wishful thinking, but you are right, it could've come from an Express parent just as easily...

Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The Panda kid for LI Express is an awesome FOGO. Sounds like the Igloo kid cheated to compete.

I wasn't there but that's what I read. Now that being said using a long pole on Panda and hitting him right after face off is legal and works, saw it at NLF a year ago.


After the Igloo FO player loses a FO or two, he will start using a key-holed CEO or Dictator head that do not meet the width requirements. The little Igloo FOGO AND the little Express FOGO BOTH intentionally use pinched heads that do not meet regulation if they start losing FOs. I have watched them both rotate these sticks into multiple games after a loss or two and you can see how pinched they are from the sidelines. A short shaft is an advantage for a short player because they are less likely to bang the butt-end on the ground when they are changing hands or getting trail checked by taller players. On GBs it is easier to shield from checks. Illegal is illegal. 40"

Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no Igloo player OR express player left the bench
Marshawn Lynch did!

Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Such a shame this is the discussion. It sadly happens in sports, move on and focus on all the great lax that was played. This was a combo A and AA bracket and their a lot teams improving. Leads to me to a question? Why don't kids not playing in those high pressure games just move to an A team? I hear you on the practice argument if practice on another team is balls being dropped etc..., but there is a lot talent and very good coaching on the next tier of teams. Because bench shortening is fine in a championshup game, but no play I don't understand. I like to hear honestly from somebody who disagrees with that has a kid that is practice player and sees the field in blowouts.


Not sure if you know but unless you are specifically playing high school rules there are not rules around stick length or for that matter what you can do with the lacrosse head. Not saying what happened is right but this is youth lacrosse. Unless the tournament specify NHS rules or even for more clarity state their own than it is open game. I have seen way to many kids, NON FOGO, play with short sticks, Larger than needed pockets, and heads strung that would ne penalties in HS. WHY [lacrosse] about something that kids on every team at the youth level do.. If it is such a concern, your teams should play in only tournaments that follow true HS level rules.

Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Such a shame this is the discussion. It sadly happens in sports, move on and focus on all the great lax that was played. This was a combo A and AA bracket and their a lot teams improving. Leads to me to a question? Why don't kids not playing in those high pressure games just move to an A team? I hear you on the practice argument if practice on another team is balls being dropped etc..., but there is a lot talent and very good coaching on the next tier of teams. Because bench shortening is fine in a championshup game, but no play I don't understand. I like to hear honestly from somebody who disagrees with that has a kid that is practice player and sees the field in blowouts.


Not sure if you know but unless you are specifically playing high school rules there are not rules around stick length or for that matter what you can do with the lacrosse head. Not saying what happened is right but this is youth lacrosse. Unless the tournament specify NHS rules or even for more clarity state their own than it is open game. I have seen way to many kids, NON FOGO, play with short sticks, Larger than needed pockets, and heads strung that would ne penalties in HS. WHY [lacrosse] about something that kids on every team at the youth level do.. If it is such a concern, your teams should play in only tournaments that follow true HS level rules.

my son's stick got taken away at a Middle School game for being under 40 inches.

Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I WAS THERE, and I watched it with my own eyes! My son plays hockey and if the benches clear, the game is called and both teams are kicked out of the tournament. Also, I never passed judgement, these are 13 and in some cases 14 year old boys who are going to make mistakes and need to be taught that there is consequences for those actions. I stated that both teams should have been ejected for leaving the sidelines and it is the coaches responsibility to keep the players on the sideline. It honestly does not make either Club look good. They are the 2 best teams on Long Island and both are top 4 teams in the Country. There was no need for either cheap shot, the first by the Express boy which drew the flag and whistle and the retaliatory after the whistle cheap shot by the Igloo player. This highlights the problem with youth lacrosse and USA Lacrosse. In Hockey both players and their coaches would be suspended for a long time and both teams would have been tossed from the tournament. Honestly Blatant drop the ball big time.


They sure did... it is clearly stated in bullet 3 of their tournament rules. Hopefully Blatant will learn from this and enforce in the future.


Post the video.

Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Such a shame this is the discussion. It sadly happens in sports, move on and focus on all the great lax that was played. This was a combo A and AA bracket and their a lot teams improving. Leads to me to a question? Why don't kids not playing in those high pressure games just move to an A team? I hear you on the practice argument if practice on another team is balls being dropped etc..., but there is a lot talent and very good coaching on the next tier of teams. Because bench shortening is fine in a championshup game, but no play I don't understand. I like to hear honestly from somebody who disagrees with that has a kid that is practice player and sees the field in blowouts.


Not sure if you know but unless you are specifically playing high school rules there are not rules around stick length or for that matter what you can do with the lacrosse head. Not saying what happened is right but this is youth lacrosse. Unless the tournament specify NHS rules or even for more clarity state their own than it is open game. I have seen way to many kids, NON FOGO, play with short sticks, Larger than needed pockets, and heads strung that would ne penalties in HS. WHY [lacrosse] about something that kids on every team at the youth level do.. If it is such a concern, your teams should play in only tournaments that follow true HS level rules.


Most Tournaments either use NFHS or NCAA rules and specify modifications to those rules as needed. So yes, stick rules apply to all tournaments.

Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Channy has no control over that team. He let's his select 2 run the show. Afraid to get on their parents bad side. The $$ might stop. Express parents rip the penguin but they have the same deal with one of their fathers. He was one of instigators yesterday.

Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express is just fine with its past, present and future success.

Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Such a shame this is the discussion. It sadly happens in sports, move on and focus on all the great lax that was played. This was a combo A and AA bracket and their a lot teams improving. Leads to me to a question? Why don't kids not playing in those high pressure games just move to an A team? I hear you on the practice argument if practice on another team is balls being dropped etc..., but there is a lot talent and very good coaching on the next tier of teams. Because bench shortening is fine in a championshup game, but no play I don't understand. I like to hear honestly from somebody who disagrees with that has a kid that is practice player and sees the field in blowouts.


Not sure if you know but unless you are specifically playing high school rules there are not rules around stick length or for that matter what you can do with the lacrosse head. Not saying what happened is right but this is youth lacrosse. Unless the tournament specify NHS rules or even for more clarity state their own than it is open game. I have seen way to many kids, NON FOGO, play with short sticks, Larger than needed pockets, and heads strung that would ne penalties in HS. WHY [lacrosse] about something that kids on every team at the youth level do.. If it is such a concern, your teams should play in only tournaments that follow true HS level rules.


Page 97 of the 2017 US Lacrosse Youth Boys Rulebook where it states that the minimum overall stick length is 40 inches and the maximum overall stick length is 42 inches, for 14U.

Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I WAS THERE, and I watched it with my own eyes! My son plays hockey and if the benches clear, the game is called and both teams are kicked out of the tournament. Also, I never passed judgement, these are 13 and in some cases 14 year old boys who are going to make mistakes and need to be taught that there is consequences for those actions. I stated that both teams should have been ejected for leaving the sidelines and it is the coaches responsibility to keep the players on the sideline. It honestly does not make either Club look good. They are the 2 best teams on Long Island and both are top 4 teams in the Country. There was no need for either cheap shot, the first by the Express boy which drew the flag and whistle and the retaliatory after the whistle cheap shot by the Igloo player. This highlights the problem with youth lacrosse and USA Lacrosse. In Hockey both players and their coaches would be suspended for a long time and both teams would have been tossed from the tournament. Honestly Blatant drop the ball big time.


can you please define a long time?

Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Such a shame this is the discussion. It sadly happens in sports, move on and focus on all the great lax that was played. This was a combo A and AA bracket and their a lot teams improving. Leads to me to a question? Why don't kids not playing in those high pressure games just move to an A team? I hear you on the practice argument if practice on another team is balls being dropped etc..., but there is a lot talent and very good coaching on the next tier of teams. Because bench shortening is fine in a championshup game, but no play I don't understand. I like to hear honestly from somebody who disagrees with that has a kid that is practice player and sees the field in blowouts.


Not sure if you know but unless you are specifically playing high school rules there are not rules around stick length or for that matter what you can do with the lacrosse head. Not saying what happened is right but this is youth lacrosse. Unless the tournament specify NHS rules or even for more clarity state their own than it is open game. I have seen way to many kids, NON FOGO, play with short sticks, Larger than needed pockets, and heads strung that would ne penalties in HS. WHY [lacrosse] about something that kids on every team at the youth level do.. If it is such a concern, your teams should play in only tournaments that follow true HS level rules.


Page 97 of the 2017 US Lacrosse Youth Boys Rulebook where it states that the minimum overall stick length is 40 inches and the maximum overall stick length is 42 inches, for 14U.


Since when does US Lacrosse apply? Lol, really? We would playing age based if it did. These are independent tourneys non sanctioned by any higher body of rules.

Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Newsflash: Blatant follows NFHS rules. NFHS rule states that the crosse shall be a minimun overall fixed length of 40. Also, USL and NFHS have a partnership and are in a process of aligning to standardize rules.

Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Such a shame this is the discussion. It sadly happens in sports, move on and focus on all the great lax that was played. This was a combo A and AA bracket and their a lot teams improving. Leads to me to a question? Why don't kids not playing in those high pressure games just move to an A team? I hear you on the practice argument if practice on another team is balls being dropped etc..., but there is a lot talent and very good coaching on the next tier of teams. Because bench shortening is fine in a championshup game, but no play I don't understand. I like to hear honestly from somebody who disagrees with that has a kid that is practice player and sees the field in blowouts.


Not sure if you know but unless you are specifically playing high school rules there are not rules around stick length or for that matter what you can do with the lacrosse head. Not saying what happened is right but this is youth lacrosse. Unless the tournament specify NHS rules or even for more clarity state their own than it is open game. I have seen way to many kids, NON FOGO, play with short sticks, Larger than needed pockets, and heads strung that would ne penalties in HS. WHY [lacrosse] about something that kids on every team at the youth level do.. If it is such a concern, your teams should play in only tournaments that follow true HS level rules.


Page 97 of the 2017 US Lacrosse Youth Boys Rulebook where it states that the minimum overall stick length is 40 inches and the maximum overall stick length is 42 inches, for 14U.


Since when does US Lacrosse apply? Lol, really? We would playing age based if it did. These are independent tourneys non sanctioned by any higher body of rules.


Please don’t provide any more misinformation. Blatant follows nfhs rules. Page 27 of nfhs rulebook states the minimum overall stick length is 40 inches.

Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Such a shame this is the discussion. It sadly happens in sports, move on and focus on all the great lax that was played. This was a combo A and AA bracket and their a lot teams improving. Leads to me to a question? Why don't kids not playing in those high pressure games just move to an A team? I hear you on the practice argument if practice on another team is balls being dropped etc..., but there is a lot talent and very good coaching on the next tier of teams. Because bench shortening is fine in a championshup game, but no play I don't understand. I like to hear honestly from somebody who disagrees with that has a kid that is practice player and sees the field in blowouts.


Not sure if you know but unless you are specifically playing high school rules there are not rules around stick length or for that matter what you can do with the lacrosse head. Not saying what happened is right but this is youth lacrosse. Unless the tournament specify NHS rules or even for more clarity state their own than it is open game. I have seen way to many kids, NON FOGO, play with short sticks, Larger than needed pockets, and heads strung that would ne penalties in HS. WHY [lacrosse] about something that kids on every team at the youth level do.. If it is such a concern, your teams should play in only tournaments that follow true HS level rules.


Page 97 of the 2017 US Lacrosse Youth Boys Rulebook where it states that the minimum overall stick length is 40 inches and the maximum overall stick length is 42 inches, for 14U.


Since when does US Lacrosse apply? Lol, really? We would playing age based if it did. These are independent tourneys non sanctioned by any higher body of rules.


Who cares - as stated above, from the tourney rules:

"Unless otherwise stated Blatant tournaments will follow NFHS rules"

Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The Panda kid for LI Express is an awesome FOGO. Sounds like the Igloo kid cheated to compete.

I wasn't there but that's what I read. Now that being said using a long pole on Panda and hitting him right after face off is legal and works, saw it at NLF a year ago.


After the Igloo FO player loses a FO or two, he will start using a key-holed CEO or Dictator head that do not meet the width requirements. The little Igloo FOGO AND the little Express FOGO BOTH intentionally use pinched heads that do not meet regulation if they start losing FOs. I have watched them both rotate these sticks into multiple games after a loss or two and you can see how pinched they are from the sidelines. A short shaft is an advantage for a short player because they are less likely to bang the butt-end on the ground when they are changing hands or getting trail checked by taller players. On GBs it is easier to shield from checks. Illegal is illegal. 40"

[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]The Panda kid for LI Express is an awesome FOGO. Sounds like the Igloo kid cheated to compete.

Dude, get a hobby. Borderline obsessed. They are 13 years old. Watch your kid and enjoy the game instead of being fixated on what stick some other kid uses.

Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Such a shame this is the discussion. It sadly happens in sports, move on and focus on all the great lax that was played. This was a combo A and AA bracket and their a lot teams improving. Leads to me to a question? Why don't kids not playing in those high pressure games just move to an A team? I hear you on the practice argument if practice on another team is balls being dropped etc..., but there is a lot talent and very good coaching on the next tier of teams. Because bench shortening is fine in a championshup game, but no play I don't understand. I like to hear honestly from somebody who disagrees with that has a kid that is practice player and sees the field in blowouts.


Not sure if you know but unless you are specifically playing high school rules there are not rules around stick length or for that matter what you can do with the lacrosse head. Not saying what happened is right but this is youth lacrosse. Unless the tournament specify NHS rules or even for more clarity state their own than it is open game. I have seen way to many kids, NON FOGO, play with short sticks, Larger than needed pockets, and heads strung that would ne penalties in HS. WHY [lacrosse] about something that kids on every team at the youth level do.. If it is such a concern, your teams should play in only tournaments that follow true HS level rules.


Page 97 of the 2017 US Lacrosse Youth Boys Rulebook where it states that the minimum overall stick length is 40 inches and the maximum overall stick length is 42 inches, for 14U.


Since when does US Lacrosse apply? Lol, really? We would playing age based if it did. These are independent tourneys non sanctioned by any higher body of rules.


Please don’t provide any more misinformation. Blatant follows nfhs rules. Page 27 of nfhs rulebook states the minimum overall stick length is 40 inches.


Please provide the information.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Such a shame this is the discussion. It sadly happens in sports, move on and focus on all the great lax that was played. This was a combo A and AA bracket and their a lot teams improving. Leads to me to a question? Why don't kids not playing in those high pressure games just move to an A team? I hear you on the practice argument if practice on another team is balls being dropped etc..., but there is a lot talent and very good coaching on the next tier of teams. Because bench shortening is fine in a championshup game, but no play I don't understand. I like to hear honestly from somebody who disagrees with that has a kid that is practice player and sees the field in blowouts.


Not sure if you know but unless you are specifically playing high school rules there are not rules around stick length or for that matter what you can do with the lacrosse head. Not saying what happened is right but this is youth lacrosse. Unless the tournament specify NHS rules or even for more clarity state their own than it is open game. I have seen way to many kids, NON FOGO, play with short sticks, Larger than needed pockets, and heads strung that would ne penalties in HS. WHY [lacrosse] about something that kids on every team at the youth level do.. If it is such a concern, your teams should play in only tournaments that follow true HS level rules.


Page 97 of the 2017 US Lacrosse Youth Boys Rulebook where it states that the minimum overall stick length is 40 inches and the maximum overall stick length is 42 inches, for 14U.


Since when does US Lacrosse apply? Lol, really? We would playing age based if it did. These are independent tourneys non sanctioned by any higher body of rules.


Please don’t provide any more misinformation. Blatant follows nfhs rules. Page 27 of nfhs rulebook states the minimum overall stick length is 40 inches.


Not talking about NFHS?? I am talking about the US Lacrosse comment, try to keep up. You know US lacrosse, that enity that a lot seem not to recognize. I guess its because they favor are age based structure.

Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One thing is for sure. There is a big gap in this age between the top 2 and the rest. 91 will likely fall closer to the top 2 once they play. But everyone else is going to tighten up below this AA tier. That's not to say all the other teams aren't good, it's just those top 2 or 3 are really freaking good.

Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Such a shame this is the discussion. It sadly happens in sports, move on and focus on all the great lax that was played. This was a combo A and AA bracket and their a lot teams improving. Leads to me to a question? Why don't kids not playing in those high pressure games just move to an A team? I hear you on the practice argument if practice on another team is balls being dropped etc..., but there is a lot talent and very good coaching on the next tier of teams. Because bench shortening is fine in a championshup game, but no play I don't understand. I like to hear honestly from somebody who disagrees with that has a kid that is practice player and sees the field in blowouts.


Not sure if you know but unless you are specifically playing high school rules there are not rules around stick length or for that matter what you can do with the lacrosse head. Not saying what happened is right but this is youth lacrosse. Unless the tournament specify NHS rules or even for more clarity state their own than it is open game. I have seen way to many kids, NON FOGO, play with short sticks, Larger than needed pockets, and heads strung that would ne penalties in HS. WHY [lacrosse] about something that kids on every team at the youth level do.. If it is such a concern, your teams should play in only tournaments that follow true HS level rules.


Page 97 of the 2017 US Lacrosse Youth Boys Rulebook where it states that the minimum overall stick length is 40 inches and the maximum overall stick length is 42 inches, for 14U.


Since when does US Lacrosse apply? Lol, really? We would playing age based if it did. These are independent tourneys non sanctioned by any higher body of rules.


Please don’t provide any more misinformation. Blatant follows nfhs rules. Page 27 of nfhs rulebook states the minimum overall stick length is 40 inches.


Please provide the information.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Such a shame this is the discussion. It sadly happens in sports, move on and focus on all the great lax that was played. This was a combo A and AA bracket and their a lot teams improving. Leads to me to a question? Why don't kids not playing in those high pressure games just move to an A team? I hear you on the practice argument if practice on another team is balls being dropped etc..., but there is a lot talent and very good coaching on the next tier of teams. Because bench shortening is fine in a championshup game, but no play I don't understand. I like to hear honestly from somebody who disagrees with that has a kid that is practice player and sees the field in blowouts.


Not sure if you know but unless you are specifically playing high school rules there are not rules around stick length or for that matter what you can do with the lacrosse head. Not saying what happened is right but this is youth lacrosse. Unless the tournament specify NHS rules or even for more clarity state their own than it is open game. I have seen way to many kids, NON FOGO, play with short sticks, Larger than needed pockets, and heads strung that would ne penalties in HS. WHY [lacrosse] about something that kids on every team at the youth level do.. If it is such a concern, your teams should play in only tournaments that follow true HS level rules.


Page 97 of the 2017 US Lacrosse Youth Boys Rulebook where it states that the minimum overall stick length is 40 inches and the maximum overall stick length is 42 inches, for 14U.


Since when does US Lacrosse apply? Lol, really? We would playing age based if it did. These are independent tourneys non sanctioned by any higher body of rules.


Please don’t provide any more misinformation. Blatant follows nfhs rules. Page 27 of nfhs rulebook states the minimum overall stick length is 40 inches.


Not talking about NFHS?? I am talking about the US Lacrosse comment, try to keep up. You know US lacrosse, that enity that a lot seem not to recognize. I guess its because they favor are age based structure.


Debating the USAL comment is moot when the NFHS rules are in use . . . why bother?!

Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Such a shame this is the discussion. It sadly happens in sports, move on and focus on all the great lax that was played. This was a combo A and AA bracket and their a lot teams improving. Leads to me to a question? Why don't kids not playing in those high pressure games just move to an A team? I hear you on the practice argument if practice on another team is balls being dropped etc..., but there is a lot talent and very good coaching on the next tier of teams. Because bench shortening is fine in a championshup game, but no play I don't understand. I like to hear honestly from somebody who disagrees with that has a kid that is practice player and sees the field in blowouts.


Not sure if you know but unless you are specifically playing high school rules there are not rules around stick length or for that matter what you can do with the lacrosse head. Not saying what happened is right but this is youth lacrosse. Unless the tournament specify NHS rules or even for more clarity state their own than it is open game. I have seen way to many kids, NON FOGO, play with short sticks, Larger than needed pockets, and heads strung that would ne penalties in HS. WHY [lacrosse] about something that kids on every team at the youth level do.. If it is such a concern, your teams should play in only tournaments that follow true HS level rules.


Page 97 of the 2017 US Lacrosse Youth Boys Rulebook where it states that the minimum overall stick length is 40 inches and the maximum overall stick length is 42 inches, for 14U.


Since when does US Lacrosse apply? Lol, really? We would playing age based if it did. These are independent tourneys non sanctioned by any higher body of rules.


Please don’t provide any more misinformation. Blatant follows nfhs rules. Page 27 of nfhs rulebook states the minimum overall stick length is 40 inches.


Please provide the information.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Such a shame this is the discussion. It sadly happens in sports, move on and focus on all the great lax that was played. This was a combo A and AA bracket and their a lot teams improving. Leads to me to a question? Why don't kids not playing in those high pressure games just move to an A team? I hear you on the practice argument if practice on another team is balls being dropped etc..., but there is a lot talent and very good coaching on the next tier of teams. Because bench shortening is fine in a championshup game, but no play I don't understand. I like to hear honestly from somebody who disagrees with that has a kid that is practice player and sees the field in blowouts.


Not sure if you know but unless you are specifically playing high school rules there are not rules around stick length or for that matter what you can do with the lacrosse head. Not saying what happened is right but this is youth lacrosse. Unless the tournament specify NHS rules or even for more clarity state their own than it is open game. I have seen way to many kids, NON FOGO, play with short sticks, Larger than needed pockets, and heads strung that would ne penalties in HS. WHY [lacrosse] about something that kids on every team at the youth level do.. If it is such a concern, your teams should play in only tournaments that follow true HS level rules.


Page 97 of the 2017 US Lacrosse Youth Boys Rulebook where it states that the minimum overall stick length is 40 inches and the maximum overall stick length is 42 inches, for 14U.


Since when does US Lacrosse apply? Lol, really? We would playing age based if it did. These are independent tourneys non sanctioned by any higher body of rules.


Please don’t provide any more misinformation. Blatant follows nfhs rules. Page 27 of nfhs rulebook states the minimum overall stick length is 40 inches.


Not talking about NFHS?? I am talking about the US Lacrosse comment, try to keep up. You know US lacrosse, that enity that a lot seem not to recognize. I guess its because they favor are age based structure.


actually you are wrong on multiple points because nfhs is the body of rules that blatant follows. now read slowing and pay close attention - us lacrosse and nfhs have a partnership and or affiliation:

US Lacrosse is proud of its partnership and affiliation with its national and international organizations that help to enhance the lacrosse experience through their contributions to the sport.

The National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS) authors rules for high school boys’ lacrosse. For 2017, US Lacrosse has produced a stand-alone youth rule book for ages 14U and below.

Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
One thing is for sure. There is a big gap in this age between the top 2 and the rest. 91 will likely fall closer to the top 2 once they play. But everyone else is going to tighten up below this AA tier. That's not to say all the other teams aren't good, it's just those top 2 or 3 are really freaking good.


My biggest complaint about youth lacrosse after watching this over many years, with my three boys in varying classes: that there are almost always a (small) bunch of very good teams at the top but then the next GROUP down is treated like pariahs - the "everyone else is B" crowd, if you will. Your assessment is a better, objective take on this: there are the AA, and then there are A teams, and then B etc.

Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
One thing is for sure. There is a big gap in this age between the top 2 and the rest. 91 will likely fall closer to the top 2 once they play. But everyone else is going to tighten up below this AA tier. That's not to say all the other teams aren't good, it's just those top 2 or 3 are really freaking good.


My biggest complaint about youth lacrosse after watching this over many years, with my three boys in varying classes: that there are almost always a (small) bunch of very good teams at the top but then the next GROUP down is treated like pariahs - the "everyone else is B" crowd, if you will. Your assessment is a better, objective take on this: there are the AA, and then there are A teams, and then B etc.

I for one was a bit disappointed that the gap didn't close a bit and if anything it looked worse than last year. Usually it begins to do so by now.

Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
One thing is for sure. There is a big gap in this age between the top 2 and the rest. 91 will likely fall closer to the top 2 once they play. But everyone else is going to tighten up below this AA tier. That's not to say all the other teams aren't good, it's just those top 2 or 3 are really freaking good.


My biggest complaint about youth lacrosse after watching this over many years, with my three boys in varying classes: that there are almost always a (small) bunch of very good teams at the top but then the next GROUP down is treated like pariahs - the "everyone else is B" crowd, if you will. Your assessment is a better, objective take on this: there are the AA, and then there are A teams, and then B etc.



Whoa......2 posts that make sense!

Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
Joined: Sep 2017
L
Back of THE CAGE
Offline
Back of THE CAGE
L
Joined: Sep 2017
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The Panda kid for LI Express is an awesome FOGO. Sounds like the Igloo kid cheated to compete.

I wasn't there but that's what I read. Now that being said using a long pole on Panda and hitting him right after face off is legal and works, saw it at NLF a year ago.


After the Igloo FO player loses a FO or two, he will start using a key-holed CEO or Dictator head that do not meet the width requirements. The little Igloo FOGO AND the little Express FOGO BOTH intentionally use pinched heads that do not meet regulation if they start losing FOs. I have watched them both rotate these sticks into multiple games after a loss or two and you can see how pinched they are from the sidelines. A short shaft is an advantage for a short player because they are less likely to bang the butt-end on the ground when they are changing hands or getting trail checked by taller players. On GBs it is easier to shield from checks. Illegal is illegal. 40"


Thanks for the explanation. Dont know the Igloo FOGO just know the Express one kicks [lacrosse].

Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
Joined: Sep 2017
L
Back of THE CAGE
Offline
Back of THE CAGE
L
Joined: Sep 2017
Originally Posted by Anonymous
One thing is for sure. There is a big gap in this age between the top 2 and the rest. 91 will likely fall closer to the top 2 once they play. But everyone else is going to tighten up below this AA tier. That's not to say all the other teams aren't good, it's just those top 2 or 3 are really freaking good.


Annapolis Hawks would compete and beat both more often then they lose IMO.

91 2022 is step down from Igloo and Express IMO.

Again that's just my opinion.

Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
Joined: Sep 2017
L
Back of THE CAGE
Offline
Back of THE CAGE
L
Joined: Sep 2017
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
One thing is for sure. There is a big gap in this age between the top 2 and the rest. 91 will likely fall closer to the top 2 once they play. But everyone else is going to tighten up below this AA tier. That's not to say all the other teams aren't good, it's just those top 2 or 3 are really freaking good.


My biggest complaint about youth lacrosse after watching this over many years, with my three boys in varying classes: that there are almost always a (small) bunch of very good teams at the top but then the next GROUP down is treated like pariahs - the "everyone else is B" crowd, if you will. Your assessment is a better, objective take on this: there are the AA, and then there are A teams, and then B etc.

I for one was a bit disappointed that the gap didn't close a bit and if anything it looked worse than last year. Usually it begins to do so by now.


Agreed 7th & 8th is when the kids start to mature and catch up and the gaps close.

Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by laxrules
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
One thing is for sure. There is a big gap in this age between the top 2 and the rest. 91 will likely fall closer to the top 2 once they play. But everyone else is going to tighten up below this AA tier. That's not to say all the other teams aren't good, it's just those top 2 or 3 are really freaking good.


My biggest complaint about youth lacrosse after watching this over many years, with my three boys in varying classes: that there are almost always a (small) bunch of very good teams at the top but then the next GROUP down is treated like pariahs - the "everyone else is B" crowd, if you will. Your assessment is a better, objective take on this: there are the AA, and then there are A teams, and then B etc.

I for one was a bit disappointed that the gap didn't close a bit and if anything it looked worse than last year. Usually it begins to do so by now.


Agreed 7th & 8th is when the kids start to mature and catch up and the gaps close.


The dynamic is changing and these teams are getting the best players. Plus, they are shorting the bench in the big games. That's why you may see a tight game or two, it's really not a gap closing, it's playing time balance on the roster. I.E., I sure that teams #4-6 starters on the Island can easily beat teams #1-3 bottom half of the roster. My older son in the 2018s had a completely different experience at this age. Recruiting was starting and a lot of the teams began to creep backwards as interest wasn't as high because the best players were recruited and HS was the focus. Now you have to stay with your club through Jr. year. The clubs are loving the new recruiting rules. And, I am of the opinion that not all clubs are created equal. An established club because (I believe) will get you into the better events (team and Individual). In the end, there will be 100s of this class recruited, but you don't have to be on an elite team, that makes exposure easier. But imho i think it's better to be with an established club.

Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
One thing is for sure. There is a big gap in this age between the top 2 and the rest. 91 will likely fall closer to the top 2 once they play. But everyone else is going to tighten up below this AA tier. That's not to say all the other teams aren't good, it's just those top 2 or 3 are really freaking good.


My biggest complaint about youth lacrosse after watching this over many years, with my three boys in varying classes: that there are almost always a (small) bunch of very good teams at the top but then the next GROUP down is treated like pariahs - the "everyone else is B" crowd, if you will. Your assessment is a better, objective take on this: there are the AA, and then there are A teams, and then B etc.


Far worse than this is the disparate ages of the kids competing, in a system where age is irrelevant. I have had multiple kids play and never once have I ever been asked for their age or DOB, and for that matter, proof of their grade. What the movers and shakers of travel lacrosse don't get is that this lack of age enforcement (or indeed, the lack of age even being relevant) drives people away. Travel hockey, which is fanatical in its age enforcement, has a much deeper pool of competitive levels, and therefore, paying customers, because once you ensure the kids are similar in age, you can do much more in terms of subdividing based on skill and athleticism.

Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
One thing is for sure. There is a big gap in this age between the top 2 and the rest. 91 will likely fall closer to the top 2 once they play. But everyone else is going to tighten up below this AA tier. That's not to say all the other teams aren't good, it's just those top 2 or 3 are really freaking good.


My biggest complaint about youth lacrosse after watching this over many years, with my three boys in varying classes: that there are almost always a (small) bunch of very good teams at the top but then the next GROUP down is treated like pariahs - the "everyone else is B" crowd, if you will. Your assessment is a better, objective take on this: there are the AA, and then there are A teams, and then B etc.


Far worse than this is the disparate ages of the kids competing, in a system where age is irrelevant. I have had multiple kids play and never once have I ever been asked for their age or DOB, and for that matter, proof of their grade. What the movers and shakers of travel lacrosse don't get is that this lack of age enforcement (or indeed, the lack of age even being relevant) drives people away. Travel hockey, which is fanatical in its age enforcement, has a much deeper pool of competitive levels, and therefore, paying customers, because once you ensure the kids are similar in age, you can do much more in terms of subdividing based on skill and athleticism.


Yes, the age thing is my second biggest complaint, and it is largely a driver as to why tourneys and teams are unable to properly 'position' themselves. Hockey has done all of the heavy lifting here, so USL wouldn't have to do much more than 'steal' their model, other than with a few tweaks here and there (you can do away with the player-team exclusivity, for one).

Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
US Lacrosse and NXT events have this in motion. Already looks like Igloo has participated in qualifier tournaments and will be making a run at this summer’s age-based national tournament.

Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
US Lacrosse and NXT events have this in motion. Already looks like Igloo has participated in qualifier tournaments and will be making a run at this summer’s age-based national tournament.


It's in August in Delaware and its U12, U13, U14.

https://www.uslacrossenationals.com/qualification-events-and-scoring

Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
US Lacrosse and NXT events have this in motion. Already looks like Igloo has participated in qualifier tournaments and will be making a run at this summer’s age-based national tournament.


It's in August in Delaware and its U12, U13, U14.

https://www.uslacrossenationals.com/qualification-events-and-scoring


August events are almost like post season - teams are already holding tryouts by then. Until we see meaningful age-based tournaments between May and July, it won't be taking hold. That said, I guess you have to start somewhere...

Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
US Lacrosse and NXT events have this in motion. Already looks like Igloo has participated in qualifier tournaments and will be making a run at this summer’s age-based national tournament.


It's in August in Delaware and its U12, U13, U14.

https://www.uslacrossenationals.com/qualification-events-and-scoring


2022 will be able to play in a U14 tourney ??

Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
US Lacrosse and NXT events have this in motion. Already looks like Igloo has participated in qualifier tournaments and will be making a run at this summer’s age-based national tournament.


It's in August in Delaware and its U12, U13, U14.

https://www.uslacrossenationals.com/qualification-events-and-scoring


There is not one NY-based event for boys (and only for girls and that is in Lake George!), which speaks volumes to the fact that age-based play is not taking hold on LI yet. I don't see how Igloo or any other LI teams can take their regular roster if they have even one holdback/reclassed/whatever boy unless that boy or boys won't compete in those qualifying tourneys or the national tourney if they qualify. This is just like the WYSL - how do you field a grade-based team AND play in age-based tourneys without player issues?

Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
Joined: Oct 2012
A
Back of THE CAGE
*****
Offline
Back of THE CAGE
*****
A
Joined: Oct 2012
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
US Lacrosse and NXT events have this in motion. Already looks like Igloo has participated in qualifier tournaments and will be making a run at this summer’s age-based national tournament.


It's in August in Delaware and its U12, U13, U14.

https://www.uslacrossenationals.com/qualification-events-and-scoring


There is not one NY-based event for boys (and only for girls and that is in Lake George!), which speaks volumes to the fact that age-based play is not taking hold on LI yet. I don't see how Igloo or any other LI teams can take their regular roster if they have even one holdback/reclassed/whatever boy unless that boy or boys won't compete in those qualifying tourneys or the national tourney if they qualify. This is just like the WYSL - how do you field a grade-based team AND play in age-based tourneys without player issues?


The only ones that can stop it are the tournament organizers. USA lacrosse has not mandated a universal id card for players and as a result players play wherever their parents register them. If like soccer the kids that were playing lined up with their id cards in the center of the field and the referees checked them then it would eliminate the issue. This will not happen because its about getting as many teams to register for your tournament. Why as many teams because its a business. If a tournament put in the restriction of validated age per year born not graduation year many teams would be unable to play. Issue is if one tournament is asking for age verification there are 5 others on the same day that are not and as a result teams and whole programs will go to the tournaments not requiring the proof of age. Whats interesting is that USA lacrosse has something in place but are not willing to implement it. Most kids have USA lacrosse id numbers. So if a player is registered with US lacrosse they already have an id# and a means to create a system to monitor birth year play. Its that simple. If parents held US lacrosse accountable maybe they would not turn a blind eye to it. Most tournaments and events are US lacrosse backed with insurance so it would be simple to do.

Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by America's Game
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
US Lacrosse and NXT events have this in motion. Already looks like Igloo has participated in qualifier tournaments and will be making a run at this summer’s age-based national tournament.


It's in August in Delaware and its U12, U13, U14.

https://www.uslacrossenationals.com/qualification-events-and-scoring


There is not one NY-based event for boys (and only for girls and that is in Lake George!), which speaks volumes to the fact that age-based play is not taking hold on LI yet. I don't see how Igloo or any other LI teams can take their regular roster if they have even one holdback/reclassed/whatever boy unless that boy or boys won't compete in those qualifying tourneys or the national tourney if they qualify. This is just like the WYSL - how do you field a grade-based team AND play in age-based tourneys without player issues?


The only ones that can stop it are the tournament organizers. USA lacrosse has not mandated a universal id card for players and as a result players play wherever their parents register them. If like soccer the kids that were playing lined up with their id cards in the center of the field and the referees checked them then it would eliminate the issue. This will not happen because its about getting as many teams to register for your tournament. Why as many teams because its a business. If a tournament put in the restriction of validated age per year born not graduation year many teams would be unable to play. Issue is if one tournament is asking for age verification there are 5 others on the same day that are not and as a result teams and whole programs will go to the tournaments not requiring the proof of age. Whats interesting is that USA lacrosse has something in place but are not willing to implement it. Most kids have USA lacrosse id numbers. So if a player is registered with US lacrosse they already have an id# and a means to create a system to monitor birth year play. Its that simple. If parents held US lacrosse accountable maybe they would not turn a blind eye to it. Most tournaments and events are US lacrosse backed with insurance so it would be simple to do.



Exactly - USL can force the issue by revoking insurance for all non-age-based play. The counter that will be the defections from USL and that tournaments can secure insurance on their own. I think that would be short-sighted by teams and tourneys to perpetuate a grade-based system for no other reason than that it is the status quo (there is zero rationale for grade-based play beyond that).

Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
Joined: Oct 2012
A
Back of THE CAGE
*****
Offline
Back of THE CAGE
*****
A
Joined: Oct 2012
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by America's Game
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
US Lacrosse and NXT events have this in motion. Already looks like Igloo has participated in qualifier tournaments and will be making a run at this summer’s age-based national tournament.


It's in August in Delaware and its U12, U13, U14.

https://www.uslacrossenationals.com/qualification-events-and-scoring


There is not one NY-based event for boys (and only for girls and that is in Lake George!), which speaks volumes to the fact that age-based play is not taking hold on LI yet. I don't see how Igloo or any other LI teams can take their regular roster if they have even one holdback/reclassed/whatever boy unless that boy or boys won't compete in those qualifying tourneys or the national tourney if they qualify. This is just like the WYSL - how do you field a grade-based team AND play in age-based tourneys without player issues?


The only ones that can stop it are the tournament organizers. USA lacrosse has not mandated a universal id card for players and as a result players play wherever their parents register them. If like soccer the kids that were playing lined up with their id cards in the center of the field and the referees checked them then it would eliminate the issue. This will not happen because its about getting as many teams to register for your tournament. Why as many teams because its a business. If a tournament put in the restriction of validated age per year born not graduation year many teams would be unable to play. Issue is if one tournament is asking for age verification there are 5 others on the same day that are not and as a result teams and whole programs will go to the tournaments not requiring the proof of age. Whats interesting is that USA lacrosse has something in place but are not willing to implement it. Most kids have USA lacrosse id numbers. So if a player is registered with US lacrosse they already have an id# and a means to create a system to monitor birth year play. Its that simple. If parents held US lacrosse accountable maybe they would not turn a blind eye to it. Most tournaments and events are US lacrosse backed with insurance so it would be simple to do.



Exactly - USL can force the issue by revoking insurance for all non-age-based play. The counter that will be the defections from USL and that tournaments can secure insurance on their own. I think that would be short-sighted by teams and tourneys to perpetuate a grade-based system for no other reason than that it is the status quo (there is zero rationale for grade-based play beyond that).


Agree

Page 19 of 45 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 44 45

Link Copied to Clipboard







Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4