BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Girls 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
TM@BOTC Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
It's the start of the Fall 2017/Summer 2018 season. Use this thread for your posts regarding this age group

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You're all over yourselves way too much. Igloo beats TG in this one. TG beats Igloo a few times. Thorne beat Heros, Skywalkers and MD united at tournament where TG didn't get past quater finals and at The Nationals TG and Igloo beat YJA by 1 goal. Yes... Igloo also one another handily. While it can be said that Igloo is tops or TG might be...YJ is right there too. 1 goal separated these 3 three teams. To talk about the last 2 or 3 years is absurd. YJ beating Igloo a couple years ago means nothing. Igloo is #1 in my view, then TG or YJ not too different. 1 freakin goal puts them on parity. The overboard bashing of YJ specifically is due to the natural instinc to take down the top. Agreed...at this grade YJ is NOT the top...but really...get over yourselves. Travel is not about fairness...that's tiwn. Yes girls were "chosen" to be on the team but that does not make them Elite players. Each team, Igloo, TG and YJ has about 3-4 girls that Inwould consider elite. The A+ player. Each team has another 8 "A/A-"'players and each has about 7 B+ players. If they did not get much playing time in VA it is because each team put their "Best" on the field. This tournament saw 1 goal differentials with the top players out there. Again..give it to Igloo...give it to TG...and after beating top teams from MD (that included TG)...you can give YJ their due too. The last few pages of threads is delusional babble.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are absolutely no YJ girls on either team that is elite. The top girls on Thorn get absolutley no coaching. So they will fall to the wayside. Both teams have talented girls. Thorn is better no doubt but many of The wrights girls could hang with thorns team no problem. Program needs to be revamped. Need a new A coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
There are absolutely no YJ girls on either team that is elite. The top girls on Thorn get absolutley no coaching. So they will fall to the wayside. Both teams have talented girls. Thorn is better no doubt but many of The wrights girls could hang with thorns team no problem. Program needs to be revamped. Need a new A coach.

Maryland Thread- We don't care to hear about your YJ drama.Go back to your own board to complain.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
^^^^ I 2nd this ^^^^

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I actually like YJ, TG and TE drama. It's much better than the Maryland bitching and wining about this club director and that club director and the "Pinata Swingers".
It's refreshing to hear that there are worse parents out there than what I have to put up with here in Maryland. I guess it's because we are blessed and lucky, where if we get pushed to a certain point and have had enough - we can go down the road to Skywalkers, MnD, TLC or Hero's. We don't have to sit there and keep taking it from a club director like the folks up on Long Island are very compliant to do. When I read the various forums - I am constantly thinking "Holy crap, let your feet do the talking folks, walk!" Instead, they let their fingers do the talking. And frankly, I find it quite entertaining.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are any clubs moving up to A or down from A to B for the upcoming season? I know a few clubs at merging and girls may be looking for opportunities to play at their appropriate level

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are any clubs moving up to A or down from A to B for the upcoming season? I know a few clubs at merging and girls may be looking for opportunities to play at their appropriate level

You don't know what's really going on.....do you? Just write your check, and go back to sleep.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Got an e-mail from the new east coast select club yesterday. They're looking to add girls to fill out teams and they have a special relationship with heros (e-mail was from 2020 heros coach). What's the deal with this club? As for other club moves, API combined with MD United, Redshirts almost folded, HoCo added a B team? Sorry if this is old news to some of you, a newbie here. thx

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D 23 Black turned over about half the team. Mostly new redshirts came in. what a surprise.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D 23 Black turned over about half the team. Mostly new redshirts came in. what a surprise.

not a surprise at all - no loyalty from CR, only focused on the Ws and the $. and if the Ws stop coming, then there is an effect down the road for M&D and that scares the sh&t out of him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

not a surprise at all - no loyalty from CR, only focused on the Ws and the $. and if the Ws stop coming, then there is an effect down the road for M&D and that scares the sh&t out of him.

I am sorry your daughter was cut. Hopefully she has found a place to play. Change is not always a bad thing. That 2023 team had some issues. Fresh blood and attitude is just what it needs. Getting rid of attitudes like yours is bonus.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do those girls go to red or leave the program?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No sure where they went but I do know lots of teams got better. Saw a lot of different lax bags at tryouts, especially in Baltimore/Howard County area. I think the new recruiting rules are causing the tide to shift a bit towards girls playing with friends and focusing on enjoying the experience versus winning at all costs. A good shift (one person's view). Although some parents will always push their kids into their decision. 7th grade girls (and their parents), should not be stressing about getting recruited and winning at all costs. Seen lots of girls burn out by Fresh/Soph year of high school which is a shame.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fall practices start next week and I am already hearing the "lax takes priority". What about fall sports? Serious bait and switch if u want your daughter to get playing time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where/which club did you see that? I haven't seen that with my daughter's club (MD)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fall practices start next week and I am already hearing the "lax takes priority". What about fall sports? Serious bait and switch if u want your daughter to get playing time.

Blah Blah Blah!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So Redshirts folded another grade? No 2023 this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was curious about that as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It seems to me that there is not a large crop of 2023 girls in lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So Redshirts folded another grade? No 2023 this year?

Correct

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just looking at a few rosters....
When is a roster too big? I counted a roster with 25 players! How worthwhile is it to be on team bench the entire game and not get any real-time playing time? When does it become a money grab?
My daughter was on a big team once and the coaches always just rotated players in and out. We had a parent leave because of this - "rotating players in and out on a schedule is for Rec" is what he said.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No reason to field a roster of more than 20 or 21 girls at this age group. When you get 25 girls it is really hard to get true game experience at the end of your roster. 7th grade girls should be developing individual skills and team concepts. 25 girls on a roster does not lend itself for that. True money grab but I blame parents for that...not the program. They are gladly paying thousands of dollars for club name.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hoco looked strong this wknd with wins over heros white and m&d red. though it's way early and they all look about the same level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hoco looked strong this wknd with wins over heros white and m&d red. though it's way early and they all look about the same level.

You do realize that Heros white and m&D red are B teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let him enjoy it - that is a big win for hoco flamingos. Heros white and mnd might have to rethink those rosters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let him enjoy it - that is a big win for hoco flamingos. Heros white and mnd might have to rethink those rosters.

You think Heros and M&D care about the B team rosters? They are happy to have 20 some families willing to pay the same amount of money for a lesser product.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
More like 25 families paying the same amount...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IDK, I’d rather have my girl get lots of PT, improve/work on game on a quality b team vs getting spotty PT on the A team. It’s still just middle school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IDK, I’d rather have my girl get lots of PT, improve/work on game on a quality b team vs getting spotty PT on the A team. It’s still just middle school.

Go where the coaching is, that’s where your daughter will grow as a player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So true about coaching making the difference. Many of the "top brand names" essentially build their entire team around a few girls and others on the team do not effectively develop. Don't get me wrong, the best girls should play more, but you can still develop the bottom of the roster.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did M&D 2023 Black do this past weekend against Legacy and YJ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This years M&D team looks fantastic. Lots of tall athletic girls who went right down and scored from the draw. They went right to goal without having to set up an attack.. They will be good.

We also played Legacy - sloppy and almost lost to us but for a few lucky breaks. Nothing special.

We also played LIYJ. Is this the team everyone always talks about on here? I did not see anything special from this team or the Legacy team. Lots of good players but no standout studs/ athletes. JMO.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]This years M&D team looks fantastic. Lots of tall athletic girls who went right down and scored from the draw. They went right to goal without having to set up an attack.. They will be good.

They will be good what? Good ball hogs? We see this all too often, then a team shuts down your " good tall athletic " girl and the game goes sideways. Promote ball movement - not selfish play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. "Go to goal" girl gets old real fast. Learn to play as a team. That's how you become successful as a player and as a program. I'm surprised M&D allows that type of selfish play. You wouldn't see that at Hero's or other tops clubs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok -there were also moments when they did have to set an offense and were successful. Not advocating for them, just saying that they had a formidable attack and offense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. "Go to goal" girl gets old real fast. Learn to play as a team. That's how you become successful as a player and as a program. I'm surprised M&D allows that type of selfish play. You wouldn't see that at Hero's or other tops clubs

Thanks for you wisdom Heros Mom

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The go to goal girls are anything but impressive. Iron sharpens iron.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D like most teams will allow selfish play if it results in a goal and a win. Let's be honest here, that is the goal. I don't have a problem if a girl is dominant and can drive through a double and get to the cage. it's when 3 girls are on her and she still does not pass to her open teammate. That should be coached out of her.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New and looking for an affordable program w/o ball hogs. Have 3 of them on town team that only pass to each other. Parents are ready to revolt, but that's for another day. What are options if kid didn't try out this year?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard