Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
TM@BOTC #247694 10/24/17 06:39 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Newsflash: Blatant follows NFHS rules. NFHS rule states that the crosse shall be a minimun overall fixed length of 40. Also, USL and NFHS have a partnership and are in a process of aligning to standardize rules.

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #247698 10/24/17 07:17 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Such a shame this is the discussion. It sadly happens in sports, move on and focus on all the great lax that was played. This was a combo A and AA bracket and their a lot teams improving. Leads to me to a question? Why don't kids not playing in those high pressure games just move to an A team? I hear you on the practice argument if practice on another team is balls being dropped etc..., but there is a lot talent and very good coaching on the next tier of teams. Because bench shortening is fine in a championshup game, but no play I don't understand. I like to hear honestly from somebody who disagrees with that has a kid that is practice player and sees the field in blowouts.

Not sure if you know but unless you are specifically playing high school rules there are not rules around stick length or for that matter what you can do with the lacrosse head. Not saying what happened is right but this is youth lacrosse. Unless the tournament specify NHS rules or even for more clarity state their own than it is open game. I have seen way to many kids, NON FOGO, play with short sticks, Larger than needed pockets, and heads strung that would ne penalties in HS. WHY [lacrosse] about something that kids on every team at the youth level do.. If it is such a concern, your teams should play in only tournaments that follow true HS level rules.

Page 97 of the 2017 US Lacrosse Youth Boys Rulebook where it states that the minimum overall stick length is 40 inches and the maximum overall stick length is 42 inches, for 14U.

Since when does US Lacrosse apply? Lol, really? We would playing age based if it did. These are independent tourneys non sanctioned by any higher body of rules.

Please don’t provide any more misinformation. Blatant follows nfhs rules. Page 27 of nfhs rulebook states the minimum overall stick length is 40 inches.

Anonymous #247699 10/24/17 07:21 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Such a shame this is the discussion. It sadly happens in sports, move on and focus on all the great lax that was played. This was a combo A and AA bracket and their a lot teams improving. Leads to me to a question? Why don't kids not playing in those high pressure games just move to an A team? I hear you on the practice argument if practice on another team is balls being dropped etc..., but there is a lot talent and very good coaching on the next tier of teams. Because bench shortening is fine in a championshup game, but no play I don't understand. I like to hear honestly from somebody who disagrees with that has a kid that is practice player and sees the field in blowouts.

Not sure if you know but unless you are specifically playing high school rules there are not rules around stick length or for that matter what you can do with the lacrosse head. Not saying what happened is right but this is youth lacrosse. Unless the tournament specify NHS rules or even for more clarity state their own than it is open game. I have seen way to many kids, NON FOGO, play with short sticks, Larger than needed pockets, and heads strung that would ne penalties in HS. WHY [lacrosse] about something that kids on every team at the youth level do.. If it is such a concern, your teams should play in only tournaments that follow true HS level rules.

Page 97 of the 2017 US Lacrosse Youth Boys Rulebook where it states that the minimum overall stick length is 40 inches and the maximum overall stick length is 42 inches, for 14U.

Since when does US Lacrosse apply? Lol, really? We would playing age based if it did. These are independent tourneys non sanctioned by any higher body of rules.

Who cares - as stated above, from the tourney rules:

"Unless otherwise stated Blatant tournaments will follow NFHS rules"

Anonymous #247710 10/24/17 08:10 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Panda kid for LI Express is an awesome FOGO. Sounds like the Igloo kid cheated to compete.

I wasn't there but that's what I read. Now that being said using a long pole on Panda and hitting him right after face off is legal and works, saw it at NLF a year ago.

After the Igloo FO player loses a FO or two, he will start using a key-holed CEO or Dictator head that do not meet the width requirements. The little Igloo FOGO AND the little Express FOGO BOTH intentionally use pinched heads that do not meet regulation if they start losing FOs. I have watched them both rotate these sticks into multiple games after a loss or two and you can see how pinched they are from the sidelines. A short shaft is an advantage for a short player because they are less likely to bang the butt-end on the ground when they are changing hands or getting trail checked by taller players. On GBs it is easier to shield from checks. Illegal is illegal. 40"

[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]The Panda kid for LI Express is an awesome FOGO. Sounds like the Igloo kid cheated to compete.

Dude, get a hobby. Borderline obsessed. They are 13 years old. Watch your kid and enjoy the game instead of being fixated on what stick some other kid uses.

Anonymous #247717 10/24/17 08:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please don’t provide any more misinformation. Blatant follows nfhs rules. Page 27 of nfhs rulebook states the minimum overall stick length is 40 inches.

Please provide the information.

Not talking about NFHS?? I am talking about the US Lacrosse comment, try to keep up. You know US lacrosse, that enity that a lot seem not to recognize. I guess its because they favor are age based structure.

Sponsored Links
TM@BOTC #247722 10/24/17 08:44 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One thing is for sure. There is a big gap in this age between the top 2 and the rest. 91 will likely fall closer to the top 2 once they play. But everyone else is going to tighten up below this AA tier. That's not to say all the other teams aren't good, it's just those top 2 or 3 are really freaking good.

Anonymous #247728 10/24/17 09:06 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not talking about NFHS?? I am talking about the US Lacrosse comment, try to keep up. You know US lacrosse, that enity that a lot seem not to recognize. I guess its because they favor are age based structure.

Debating the USAL comment is moot when the NFHS rules are in use . . . why bother?!

Anonymous #247732 10/24/17 09:11 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

actually you are wrong on multiple points because nfhs is the body of rules that blatant follows. now read slowing and pay close attention - us lacrosse and nfhs have a partnership and or affiliation:

US Lacrosse is proud of its partnership and affiliation with its national and international organizations that help to enhance the lacrosse experience through their contributions to the sport.

The National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS) authors rules for high school boys’ lacrosse. For 2017, US Lacrosse has produced a stand-alone youth rule book for ages 14U and below.

Anonymous #247747 10/24/17 10:11 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One thing is for sure. There is a big gap in this age between the top 2 and the rest. 91 will likely fall closer to the top 2 once they play. But everyone else is going to tighten up below this AA tier. That's not to say all the other teams aren't good, it's just those top 2 or 3 are really freaking good.

My biggest complaint about youth lacrosse after watching this over many years, with my three boys in varying classes: that there are almost always a (small) bunch of very good teams at the top but then the next GROUP down is treated like pariahs - the "everyone else is B" crowd, if you will. Your assessment is a better, objective take on this: there are the AA, and then there are A teams, and then B etc.

Anonymous #247777 10/24/17 11:34 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My biggest complaint about youth lacrosse after watching this over many years, with my three boys in varying classes: that there are almost always a (small) bunch of very good teams at the top but then the next GROUP down is treated like pariahs - the "everyone else is B" crowd, if you will. Your assessment is a better, objective take on this: there are the AA, and then there are A teams, and then B etc.

I for one was a bit disappointed that the gap didn't close a bit and if anything it looked worse than last year. Usually it begins to do so by now.

Sponsored Links
Anonymous #247779 10/24/17 11:46 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Whoa......2 posts that make sense!

Anonymous #247786 10/24/17 12:10 PM
L
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
L
The Panda kid for LI Express is an awesome FOGO. Sounds like the Igloo kid cheated to compete.

I wasn't there but that's what I read. Now that being said using a long pole on Panda and hitting him right after face off is legal and works, saw it at NLF a year ago.

After the Igloo FO player loses a FO or two, he will start using a key-holed CEO or Dictator head that do not meet the width requirements. The little Igloo FOGO AND the little Express FOGO BOTH intentionally use pinched heads that do not meet regulation if they start losing FOs. I have watched them both rotate these sticks into multiple games after a loss or two and you can see how pinched they are from the sidelines. A short shaft is an advantage for a short player because they are less likely to bang the butt-end on the ground when they are changing hands or getting trail checked by taller players. On GBs it is easier to shield from checks. Illegal is illegal. 40"

Thanks for the explanation. Dont know the Igloo FOGO just know the Express one kicks [lacrosse].

Anonymous #247788 10/24/17 12:15 PM
L
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
L

Annapolis Hawks would compete and beat both more often then they lose IMO.

91 2022 is step down from Igloo and Express IMO.

Again that's just my opinion.

Anonymous #247789 10/24/17 12:16 PM
L
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
L

I for one was a bit disappointed that the gap didn't close a bit and if anything it looked worse than last year. Usually it begins to do so by now.

Agreed 7th & 8th is when the kids start to mature and catch up and the gaps close.

laxrules #247805 10/24/17 12:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by laxrules

Agreed 7th & 8th is when the kids start to mature and catch up and the gaps close.

The dynamic is changing and these teams are getting the best players. Plus, they are shorting the bench in the big games. That's why you may see a tight game or two, it's really not a gap closing, it's playing time balance on the roster. I.E., I sure that teams #4-6 starters on the Island can easily beat teams #1-3 bottom half of the roster. My older son in the 2018s had a completely different experience at this age. Recruiting was starting and a lot of the teams began to creep backwards as interest wasn't as high because the best players were recruited and HS was the focus. Now you have to stay with your club through Jr. year. The clubs are loving the new recruiting rules. And, I am of the opinion that not all clubs are created equal. An established club because (I believe) will get you into the better events (team and Individual). In the end, there will be 100s of this class recruited, but you don't have to be on an elite team, that makes exposure easier. But imho i think it's better to be with an established club.

Page 50 of 119 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 118 119

Link Copied to Clipboard
BOTC SPONSORS