BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 21 of 48 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 47 48
Re: Boys 2025 - 5th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Wondering if Legacy and 9D1 are aware of the Mixed Nuts. Not sure they would approve of their boys playing on another team being coached by non-lacrosse playing Dads who can't be helping their progress and may be creating division on their club teams. Zummo and Mule, any thoughts?

LOL. Maybe they are not as insecure as you! Just too funny! 😂 Get a life man! 😂

Insecure, nope. Smarter than you, def.

LOL 😂 Keep it up dude! You are killing me! 😂😂😂

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wondering if Legacy and 9D1 are aware of the Mixed Nuts. Not sure they would approve of their boys playing on another team being coached by non-lacrosse playing Dads who can't be helping their progress and may be creating division on their club teams. Zummo and Mule, any thoughts?

Not involved with any these 3 teams. It's a free country and people are free to do what they want. So want to them you can pay to play with club, however, if you play with mixed nuts, you are cut. "c'mon man!" Let's start having all players sign contracts with each club saying you can play with us. Three Village demands that of their kids and saw the 2022s play today and they can use better coaching in my opinion they are well coached.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
English, please.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not involved with any these 3 teams. It's a free country and people are free to do what they want. So want to them you can pay to play with club, however, if you play with mixed nuts, you are cut. "c'mon man!" Let's start having all players sign contracts with each club saying you can play with us. Three Village demands that of their kids and saw the 2022s play today and they can use better coaching in my opinion they are well coached.

What??? You need to read over what you write before posting it! 🤔

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was just my blog rant...point is a team or a coach should never dictate where when a kid should be allowed to play. i find it so annoying.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was just my blog rant...point is a team or a coach should never dictate where when a kid should be allowed to play. i find it so annoying.

100% correct. I have no respect for coaches who tell a kid they can't play outside the team. It show's they're insecure. Loyalty is earned, not given.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Nuts "coaches" are exhibiting poor sportsmanship. Entering A level kids into a B tournament is poor form. Beating teams by 10 + goals is poor form. Loyalty does not only need to be earned by the travel coaches. Be loyal to your teammates and coaches, and they will be loyal to you, too. Just know, you reap what you sow. Good luck to your kids, they may need it in the future.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Nuts "coaches" are exhibiting poor sportsmanship. Entering A level kids into a B tournament is poor form. Beating teams by 10 + goals is poor form. Loyalty does not only need to be earned by the travel coaches. Be loyal to your teammates and coaches, and they will be loyal to you, too. Just know, you reap what you sow. Good luck to your kids, they may need it in the future.

It was the A bracket. Unless you are saying Igloo and True Blue aren't A teams but their parents might disagree.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blast playing in the pumpkin shoot out. Lol what is the mule in the witness protection program playing up there. Talking about dodging Express, Legacy, and The Might Ducks!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last year express, 91 and igloo played in blatant fall jam a bracket. Sounds like an a tournament. Teams don't know until schedules are posted what teams are playing. Mixed nuts has players from 91, ducks and legacy so they probably only play when those teams are not. Who cares if they are playing on another team? They play for the love of the game.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Serious question. Why is it OK for the TB coach (if you want to call him that) to curse like a sailor on the sideline?

It's not like that act is working. They don't look like the team is good enough as a result of his "efforts" to let young boys get abused like that.

As a parent, that can't be permitted, can it?

The referees should give a warning for one rant and then throw a flag for the next one. That act needs to be cleaned up!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here is an option why don't they enter the tournament and play up a year should be more challenging for them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great idea, play up a year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Serious question. Why is it OK for the TB coach (if you want to call him that) to curse like a sailor on the sideline?

It's not like that act is working. They don't look like the team is good enough as a result of his "efforts" to let young boys get abused like that.

The referees should give a warning for one rant and then throw a flag for the next one. That act needs to be cleaned up!

It's NOT OK and that's why he shouldn't be around kids. What 8-10 yr olds should be subject to hearing that poor excuse of a man to be cursing and throwing hissy fits bc he team gets smoked.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was the A bracket. Unless you are saying Igloo and True Blue aren't A teams but their parents might disagree.

True Blue is NOT an A team.... they B at best

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did Shore 2 Shore look for this age group this weekend ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like an just another program taking peoples money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a TB parent, but in your eyes, everyone not AA is B, so your flawed perspective is worth nada . . .!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a TB parent, but in your eyes, everyone not AA is B, so your flawed perspective is worth nada . . .!

Too funny, you have ZERO perspective on what I view as AA or A or whatever because you have zero clue who's posting. Your arrogance is hysterical. TB is NOT an A team for MANY reasons. There's AA like Geese and Channy... there's A teams and then there's high level B and down the line. TB entered low tier B/C level tourney's and did well - why bc the competition was low tier B/C level. Full of hubris they try to step up and play AA / A level talent... they got smoked and can't hang... THAT'S why they are B level team. Then we can go to the coaching, Cat is a JOKE.... that's all I'll say.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Too funny, you have ZERO perspective on what I view as AA or A or whatever because you have zero clue who's posting. Your arrogance is hysterical. TB is NOT an A team for MANY reasons. There's AA like Geese and Channy... there's A teams and then there's high level B and down the line. TB entered low tier B/C level tourney's and did well - why bc the competition was low tier B/C level. Full of hubris they try to step up and play AA / A level talent... they got smoked and can't hang... THAT'S why they are B level team. Then we can go to the coaching, Cat is a JOKE.... that's all I'll say.

The LI lacrosse 'community' is pervasive across all ages about assessing almost all non AA teams as being "B" - it's actually laughable, so my comment stands . . .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Channy changing his name to Cheater. Anything for a win with that slime bucket. The 2024 kids he has are in 6th grade. Their parents must be proud thst their 6th grader is doing great with the 5th graders. New team 2025 Cheaters or better yet 2025 Express Slime

i don't understand your post. 2024 kids are suppose to be in 6th grade. they graduate in june of 2024.

So it is ok for a sixth grader, graduating in June 2024 as you point out, to play in 2025?

So in two Yrs. when teams are qualifying for the WS and have to produce their respective Birth Certificates stating they were born after Sept 1st 2006. Some teams will loose older hold back 7th graders but some boys in 8th grade born after the Sept 1st cutoff will qualify.....Now does anyone have a problem with those 8th grade on age boys playing? Because I certainly do not.

So if that's the way to do it, then it should apply to all of the teams. You think its ok now because Channy told you so, but today these teams and Tournaments say 2025. Is the kid graduating in 2024 or 2025? If the answer is 2024 then it's called cheating.

I think Its ok because I am the parent!!! A coaches job is to coach/teach my kid. That's it. Cheating???You say cheating, but you are ok with a kid who is born in March or June etc. of 2006 and the kid is in 5th grade?Technically older then the young 2024??? Sounds like you are the proud parent of a hold-back child to get an edge on the only sport he can. You sound scared. Don't be, they are the same age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Goalie dads, can anyone give me their honest thoughts on whether it is worth it to have your goalie son play with a club team ? Or is it better to continue just with individual, specialized training ? I have been told my son should be playing club but have been reluctant to go further given the cost and whether it is really worth it from a goalie's perspective. However, I understand the idea that you cant replicate playing with and against better kids. Thanks !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Goalie dads, can anyone give me their honest thoughts on whether it is worth it to have your goalie son play with a club team ? Or is it better to continue just with individual, specialized training ? I have been told my son should be playing club but have been reluctant to go further given the cost and whether it is really worth it from a goalie's perspective. However, I understand the idea that you cant replicate playing with and against better kids. Thanks !

"individual, specialized training" is not "playing" . . .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"individual, specialized training" is not "playing" . . .

My son played middie and was asked to get into the cage because his team didn't want to take last years goalie back. Kids MUST play in games.. a lot of being a good goalie is mental, overcoming giving up a few goals. It sucks but your going to end up spending more money than the rest of the team.
We got lucky, we have a goalie coach that retired in my town and loves to work with my son. I would ask around.. goalies are all crazy and love helping each other out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's NOT OK and that's why he shouldn't be around kids. What 8-10 yr olds should be subject to hearing that poor excuse of a man to be cursing and throwing hissy fits bc he team gets smoked.

You should definitely pull your son off the team. Sounds like you are very unhappy with the program. Good luck

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So then:
Geese & Express- AA
Ducks, Blast & Igloo- A
Then who???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think Its ok because I am the parent!!! A coaches job is to coach/teach my kid. That's it. Cheating???You say cheating, but you are ok with a kid who is born in March or June etc. of 2006 and the kid is in 5th grade?Technically older then the young 2024??? Sounds like you are the proud parent of a hold-back child to get an edge on the only sport he can. You sound scared. Don't be, they are the same age.

Sorry pal but the rules are the rules and you are a Cheat! My son is February 07 and easily on age. Birthday lottery winner but poor tax planning.

Sadly, my son has already been told this phony holdback story by your sons teammates who willingly talk about him behind his back. Then the other Express families are snickering about what kind of parents you and your wife are. They are polite, but most are just saddened by the whole sordid deal. One or two whose kids got screwed by you and Channy want to confront you but it's hard to go against the scum. We all know that you know better, it's just wrong and what you have chosen to do disrespects everyone.

Any victories for the team will be hollow, and worst of all your son knows he is a 6th grader playing down. I hope it doesn't eat at him, but it absolutely should eat at you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow is your son on the team. I don't think anyone expected them to win it all in their first tournament. The scores showed two teams that competed. What more can you ask for in a new team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry pal but the rules are the rules and you are a Cheat! My son is February 07 and easily on age. Birthday lottery winner but poor tax planning.

Sadly, my son has already been told this phony holdback story by your sons teammates who willingly talk about him behind his back. Then the other Express families are snickering about what kind of parents you and your wife are. They are polite, but most are just saddened by the whole sordid deal. One or two whose kids got screwed by you and Channy want to confront you but it's hard to go against the scum. We all know that you know better, it's just wrong and what you have chosen to do disrespects everyone.

Any victories for the team will be hollow, and worst of all your son knows he is a 6th grader playing down. I hope it doesn't eat at him, but it absolutely should eat at you.

December birthdays are THE REAL lottery winners AND great tax planning! ;-)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So then:
Geese & Express- AA
Ducks, Blast & Igloo- A
Then who???

Mixed Nuts- AAA

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does Express get to be considered AA if they feature a 6th grader? Doesn't that make them a 2024 team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This will never end because we let this happen all the time. All we do is complain. We should just stop a game when we see this and I bet the people who cheat will think twice

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This will never end because we let this happen all the time. All we do is complain. We should just stop a game when we see this and I bet the people who cheat will think twice

Please, please, please learn to use the Quote button - jeez!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does Express get to be considered AA if they feature a 6th grader? Doesn't that make them a 2024 team?

Oreilly's team is a true 2025 group of kids that played well this weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I feel bad for the kid, its the parents who allow this. Did they think they would sneak in and go unnoticed? The lax world might be crazy, but it's still a small community. Holdbacks are bad but at least within the horrible age rules as they stand. This matter of a 6th grade 2024 boy who plans to stay in that grade, born in 2006 and playing 2025 with the approval of Channy and the clearly abusive and sick parents is just taking cheating to another level.

If all the organizations formed teams based on WSYL dates, then so be it, but those are not the rules now and the Tournaments should prevent this.

I really do feel bad for the kid. He will have to carry this with him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I feel bad for the kid, its the parents who allow this. Did they think they would sneak in and go unnoticed? The lax world might be crazy, but it's still a small community. Holdbacks are bad but at least within the horrible age rules as they stand. This matter of a 6th grade 2024 boy who plans to stay in that grade, born in 2006 and playing 2025 with the approval of Channy and the clearly abusive and sick parents is just taking cheating to another level.

If all the organizations formed teams based on WSYL dates, then so be it, but those are not the rules now and the Tournaments should prevent this.

Please show me the rules that state it is ok for a boy born in 2006 but is in 5th grade to play?? Please produce that. and i will show you - us lacrosse age requirement that state any boy born after Aug.31st in 2006 pg 48 CAN play.
http://content.yudu.com/web/y5b2/0A1v7bf/2017YouthBoysRuleboo/html/index.html?page=48

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love how everyone thinks they know everything - no, I don't have a son on the team, wondering how the Club fared at various age groups as I have a younger son looking at several clubs.

Thanks for your insight tho very helpful.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please show me the rules that state it is ok for a boy born in 2006 but is in 5th grade to play?? Please produce that. and i will show you - us lacrosse age requirement that state any boy born after Aug.31st in 2006 pg 48 CAN play.
http://content.yudu.com/web/y5b2/0A1v7bf/2017YouthBoysRuleboo/html/index.html?page=48

Please argue this for me on how this is not cheating.
Thanks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hate to burst your bubble but Oreilly's team has a couple of 6th graders. It happens. I don't have any issues with it on B or even C teams. A teams should all be straight grade no one should play down on an A team. You see this a lot on the younger teams. There are so many 2024 kids and limited teams the ones taht can play get put down and they dont have the skills or size to play up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please Stop it 91 dad. Do you realize what you just said "hold backs are bad but at least within the horrible age rules as they stand" If the boy in question is within the horrible age rules(as you so put it) Aug,31st. Then who cares what Grade he is in??I know Its the parents that held back there kids that are making the biggest gripe.

Page 21 of 48 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 47 48

Link Copied to Clipboard