BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 12 of 47 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 46 47
Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What are the scores at McDonogh today?

Columbia?
Next Level over crabs
Fca over Looneys

FCA went 3-0; 6-4 over Looney’s, 11-5 over VLC and 6-4 over Crabs. Tourney App won’t refresh so can’t tell you about the other games.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs lost twice today?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought Crabs and Looneys were the teams to beat?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs lost twice today?

Yes. Crabs lost twice today. They lost twice all season last year. A bunch of the players that left must have helped them to win so many games. I’ll bet they miss them now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You wish...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs lost twice today?

Yes. Crabs lost twice today. They lost twice all season last year. A bunch of the players that left must have helped them to win so many games. I’ll bet they miss them now.

They went to Looneys and Fca. Looks like fca got the best of them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fall Ball...Not the time to take results to seriously.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did the other teams (MADLAX, VLC, and Next Level) do? I heard there was a lot of buzz about VLC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree it a fall Tournament/scrimmage and the first time most of these kids have picked up a stick since summer!! With Fall sports being the priority and some rosters missing key components it is hard to really assess how these teams will be in another 6 months. That being said I think the new additions for FCA, Next Level and Looney's were apparent yesterday and I thought the level of competition was pretty much equal across the board; close games. FCA and Next Level went undefeated; I believe VLC went 0-3, MADLAX went 1-2, Crabs 1-2, and Looney's 1-2. Out of the 1-2 teams I thought Looney's was the most competitive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is 91 md hiding/playing? Did they fold like RR at 2023?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was looking for them as well thinking this was essentially the HOCO AA League from last year. I have no idea what the plans are for this team and even what Fall Tournaments they will be playing in!??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tough to judge teams in a fall tournament. Especially since most competitive games were decided by a goal or 2 and went down to the wire with a running clock....Most of these kids are juggling 2 to 3 sports at the moment and not focused on lax. Just silly to start ranking teams based on 1 fall tournament... For those who went 3-0 congrats....A lot of talent on those 4 2023 teams... Next Level , Crabs, FCA, and Looneys....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cav's 2023 dominated proving they are in the discussion to be the top N.VA team in the age group

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cav's 2023 dominated proving they are in the discussion to be the top N.VA team in the age group

Sir you understand they were playing in the Indian Summer Tournament against second Tier teams? They could not hold a candle to the teams listed above.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree it a fall Tournament/scrimmage and the first time most of these kids have picked up a stick since summer!! With Fall sports being the priority and some rosters missing key components it is hard to really assess how these teams will be in another 6 months. That being said I think the new additions for FCA, Next Level and Looney's were apparent yesterday and I thought the level of competition was pretty much equal across the board; close games. FCA and Next Level went undefeated; I believe VLC went 0-3, MADLAX went 1-2, Crabs 1-2, and Looney's 1-2. Out of the 1-2 teams I thought Looney's was the most competitive.

2024 dad here and I was in attendance. Like all fall ball, hard to make much out of the results. I know Next Level was missing some key players and they still went 3-0, but every team could say key players were out. Saw the first half of FCA-VLC and it was tied after VLC jumped out to an early lead. Saw half of Looneys-Next Level and Looneys hung in there for stretches. Saw every team play a little bit and all teams looked like elite teams, though not equal elite teams. Weather was great. The only bad thing was the hornets, they were everywhere and saw 2 people stung.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seem

Sir you understand they were playing in the Indian Summer Tournament against second Tier teams? They could not hold a candle to the teams listed above.

Seems like the Cavs parents do not understand that it was FCA's B teams that attended Indian Summer. Hey Cavs 2023, how did that scrimmage against Next Level go? You know the answer, and NL was missing some of its best kids for that scrimmage.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I unfortunately was unable to attend the 2017 Fall Lacrosse Tournament (hate working on weekends) and I agree it is difficult to judge these teams this early but which team(s) should we be watching in the Spring? I feel like Crabs may have taken a step back and the others are gaining.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Find out where the 24s and 25s are playing and you will find the 23 players

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I unfortunately was unable to attend the 2017 Fall Lacrosse Tournament (hate working on weekends) and I agree it is difficult to judge these teams this early but which team(s) should we be watching in the Spring? I feel like Crabs may have taken a step back and the others are gaining.

Very impressed with Next Level 2023 yesterday. My son is on a 2025 team, but watched two Next Level 2023 games. Good job coaches!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays for VLC and Next Level 2023 was definitely the best team we played yesterday. Every player they put on the field was legit and they have a bunch of studs starting with the face off kid and the lefty attack that shoots about 100 MPH. They are going to be a tough out for anyone. Also heard they are doing World Series of youth lacrosse as the whole team is on age, which I can't believe is actually true.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ditto here for NL 2023. Good talent. Good coaches. Playing tough and fast. Low d bag factor. Class act.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays for VLC and Next Level 2023 was definitely the best team we played yesterday. Every player they put on the field was legit and they have a bunch of studs starting with the face off kid and the lefty attack that shoots about 100 MPH. They are going to be a tough out for anyone. Also heard they are doing World Series of youth lacrosse as the whole team is on age, which I can't believe is actually true.

What was your assessment of VLC? As a new team, probably need to work out some kinks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What was your assessment of VLC? As a new team, probably need to work out some kinks.

I am not a VLC parent I think they are new and did well for a first tournament someone else posted they were even with FCA for a half which is impressive. Maybe a low end AA but sounds like they were competitive and would have possibly won the "other" tournament this weekend. Maybe an upgrade from RR if they enter the Elite HOCO.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of talk about NL; how did they do against Looney’s. I heard Looney’s was the team to beat next yr.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am not a VLC parent I think they are new and did well for a first tournament someone else posted they were even with FCA for a half which is impressive. Maybe a low end AA but sounds like they were competitive and would have possibly won the "other" tournament this weekend. Maybe an upgrade from RR if they enter the Elite HOCO.

VLC lost to Madlax Capital by 4 goals (8-4), lost to Next Level by 3 goals (8-5) and lost to FCA by about 5 goals (don't remember the score). Very strong individual midfield play saved the day. Defense and Attack were pretty bad. Looked like VLC belonged in the field but even once VLC gets past the "give us time, we are a new team" stage, doubtful VLC will make any noise in HOCO Elite. As a first year team, go build confidence in the division one down from Elite, VLC should win it all there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
VLC parent here and this is my sons first year playing club lacrosse. The competition was extremely competitive for us this past weekend and overall I thought our kids showed up and put up a pretty good showing!! We are a few kids away from really being able to compete at the AA/Elite level; I agree, but we enjoyed playing against these talented teams. I was extremely impressed with FCA; we hung with them in the first half but this team has a second and 3rd gear that I did not see all day and really shut us down and took over in the second half. From faceoff, transition game, ball movement and defense they were a completely different team in half number 2; we just did not have the horses to stick with them. I am not sure where we will be in the spring but I hope we still are playing at this level of lacrosse it can only benefit this team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
VLC parent here and this is my sons first year playing club lacrosse. The competition was extremely competitive for us this past weekend and overall I thought our kids showed up and put up a pretty good showing!! We are a few kids away from really being able to compete at the AA/Elite level; I agree, but we enjoyed playing against these talented teams. I was extremely impressed with FCA; we hung with them in the first half but this team has a second and 3rd gear that I did not see all day and really shut us down and took over in the second half. From faceoff, transition game, ball movement and defense they were a completely different team in half number 2; we just did not have the horses to stick with them. I am not sure where we will be in the spring but I hope we still are playing at this level of lacrosse it can only benefit this team.

Agree. Next Level went up fast on VLC but seemed disinterested in playing after the first 5 minutes. FCA vs NL would have been a good game. My guess is a fired-up NL team would beat FCA. Madlax was surprising small but a lots of speed and stick skills. To compete at AA/Elite, VLC needs several more pieces especially on the offensive end. Expect VLC will be powerhouse in a year or two.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA parent here. I don't know where you got that "disinterested in playing" comment. All of us are in the stands, we are not on the field, so I don't know how you can say that. VLC was a solid team and if they just got formed, they are in good shape.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looney's lost by 2 or 3 goals

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No way NL on age to be able to play in WSYL. Nice try. Their FOGO, defenseman who did face offs and attackman are adults playing with boys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Think what you will, but just know that this team has basically been together since 4th grade when it was an age-based team and before it joined the grade-based HOCO League. So yes, the players are on age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No way NL on age to be able to play in WSYL. Nice try. Their FOGO, defenseman who did face offs and attackman are adults playing with boys.

Sorry to disappoint you...but that is the case...all on age...and going to play in the WSYL...might be the only AA local 2023 team that doesn't have a contingent of reclass kids

Though personally, I don't have a huge problem with holdbacks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wrong! None of the 2023 NL are hold backs. We are heading to WSYL. Btw our face off guy isn’t a FOGO- he plays most of the game and is a big scorer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s actually true! This NL team has been playing together since 3rd or 4th grade with very few additions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's only when the entire team looks like adults that it gets ridiculous. My son's team also has true 2023's that are huge but they are not the majority of the team. And it's not just size, there is a fluidity of movement that older boys have along with muscular development.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wrong! None of the 2023 NL are hold backs. We are heading to WSYL. Btw our face off guy isn’t a FOGO- he plays most of the game and is a big scorer.

This is the same team that Looney's whooped on last year at the end of the season; your FOGO aka big scorer is not all that...our guys handled him pretty well last year. I don't see much changing once we get our entire team together in the Spring.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“Whooped on”? Big talk for a team that won 2 games in Hoco over 2 years. Who did Looneys beat this past weekend?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is the same team that Looney's whooped on last year at the end of the season; your FOGO aka big scorer is not all that...our guys handled him pretty well last year. I don't see much changing once we get our entire team together in the Spring.

Typical Looney's trash. There's a reason why those kids go to certain MIAA and others - can't afford the higher price tags and those kids can't get in on their own merits.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah class act.... The NL parents screaming at the ref was really classsy... Sitting right behind the bench calling a ref horrible was really classy.....Get a grip

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“Whooped on”? Big talk for a team that won 2 games in Hoco over 2 years. Who did Looneys beat this past weekend?

Crab Feast my friend when our entire team was there plus we have upgraded in numerous positions; NL is completed over-rated with little talent.

Page 12 of 47 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard