BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,175
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 67 of 214 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny but I would love to see their record come spring now. I will be watching. When someone opens their mouth like that usually the outcome won't be so good.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, maybe a great stretch starting in a couple years, but I don't care how good they are, if half your starters are 8th graders it spells trouble for this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yeah, maybe a great stretch starting in a couple years, but I don't care how good they are, if half your starters are 8th graders it spells trouble for this year.

You have no idea what you’re talking about. They will be starting THIS spring and they will win. Our guy told us that there’s no way we won’t start and he’s close with the coach. There may be a size issue this year, but you just wait and see. Sayville will be a top club because of them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You have no idea what you’re talking about. They will be starting THIS spring and they will win. Our guy told us that there’s no way we won’t start and he’s close with the coach. There may be a size issue this year, but you just wait and see. Sayville will be a top club because of them.

This is someone who is trying to stir the pot. They have a problem with a parent of one of these girls whom they despise from back when he coached this age at YJ (the Sayville Varsity Coach is now the current YJ Coach at this age and these girls play on his team), and this person probably heard the former coach talking to someone somewhere about his influence with him (Sayville Coach) and are now mocking him and trying create problems in his own town. Typical BOTC yenta stuff.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ward Melville will be the team to beat this yr. after this season it's over. Much like MC.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is someone who is trying to stir the pot. They have a problem with a parent of one of these girls whom they despise from back when he coached this age at YJ (the Sayville Varsity Coach is now the current YJ Coach at this age and these girls play on his team), and this person probably heard the former coach talking to someone somewhere about his influence with him (Sayville Coach) and are now mocking him and trying create problems in his own town. Typical BOTC yenta stuff.

Not at all. I appreciate everything that he’s done for us. 100%. Im proud that my daughter is the player she is and grateful that he’s having her brought up to varsity! Go back in your hole jerk!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not at all. I appreciate everything that he’s done for us. 100%. Im proud that my daughter is the player she is and grateful that he’s having her brought up to varsity! Go back in your hole jerk!

Who is the person you are talking about? The head coach?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When you state, "Our guy told us there's no way WE won't start".....you lose me. You may want to take it down a notch. Sayville will be just fine w/o your predictions for your 13 year old superstars.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can't argue with stupid and crazy but I'll give it a shot. The guy that you are referring to is CM who used to coach 22 YJ a few years ago with the current Sayville Coach who still coaches the 22 YJ team. Never said anything bad about CM just that some people at YJ didn't like him and likely you and whoever is posting the Sayville brag about the 8th graders are not whom you say who you are and are most likely trying to start trouble for this guy and point out how it appears that he has influence with the current coach whether actual or perceived. Doubtful that any parent would be stupid enough to air on BOTC that they have an inside track for their 8th graders already guaranteed so far from the season and put the coach in such a bad position. So basically you are a nut bag who is trying to create problems where there really isn't one currently.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If he is "having" her brought up to varsity maybe she's really. It the player you think she is. Good players don't need help to be recognized. Their play speaks for itself.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sayville got dismantled last year by WHB (another young team) in the playoffs and Sayville lost their best player. It will take at least a few years for them to do anything meaningful.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
seriously? girls lacrosse is the most corrupt self serving sport. Who you know, who you pay, etc etc. Especially when most of the talent is so closely grouped together

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
seriously? girls lacrosse is the most corrupt self serving sport. Who you know, who you pay, etc etc. Especially when most of the talent is so closely grouped together

The recruiting process shakes out most of the BS. The best kids get offers from the Top college programs. After the dust settles and the best players are off the board the coaches move on to the next tier player.

All the nonsense that goes on with HS and Club teams really doesn't matter. The Top college coaches will identify, recruit and get the majority of the best players.

All the politicking and [lacrosse] kissing and letters to college coaches really will have little to do with what players the top programs recruit.

There is a small group of girls who will "truly" be recruited by the best college programs. The coaching staffs at places like Maryland, North Carolina, Northwestern, Penn State etc... Are the best evaluators of talent out there. (They also happen to be at schools where they can land top talent).

If the offers are not coming from the top programs the player is more than likely not a top tier player (at this time). If you are the schools 9th recruit and there is little to no $$ then again the player is probably not a top tier player.

There is a wide range in talent and athleticism out there and is is not the HS coach or the club coach or the delusional parent who determines where the player falls in the pecking order. It is the player and the college coaches.

[lacrosse] about politics and corruption all you want. When your daughter is on the field playing and the coaches from the top programs identify other players ahead of her it is not because of politics.

We all know what schools get the vast majority of the best players. If the offers don't come from those schools you will know where the player stands. You may not admit it but it is the truth.

There is corruption and politics with HS coaches and Club teams and there are many parents who think their daughter is a top tier kid but in the end the top programs want the best players and that is who they make offers to.

Now , how was that for a rant.

Can't wait to hear how the recruiting process is all rigged as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So let me get this straight. There’s a varsity coach at Sayville, who coaches an 8th grade Yellow Jackets team. He’s bringing up 5 or 6 girls to varsity? Or promised them they would come up? How is that not a conflict of interest? Haven’t coached been released for that?? Pay me for yellow jackets and I’ll get you on my varsity team?? As an 8th grader?? C’mon. How does a district stand for that? How are the parents not raising [lacrosse]??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Sayville has a great freshman class, then what do you say about the ESM 2021's?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So let me get this straight. There’s a varsity coach at Sayville, who coaches an 8th grade Yellow Jackets team. He’s bringing up 5 or 6 girls to varsity? Or promised them they would come up? How is that not a conflict of interest? Haven’t coached been released for that?? Pay me for yellow jackets and I’ll get you on my varsity team?? As an 8th grader?? C’mon. How does a district stand for that? How are the parents not raising [lacrosse]??

I'm sure the Sayville public relations firm will be flooding newsday with articles etc like they do with the boys football team. In fact.......this is the start of it here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Sayville has a great freshman class, then what do you say about the ESM 2021's?

Talking about 8th graders at sayville not 9th

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The recruiting process shakes out most of the BS. The best kids get offers from the Top college programs. After the dust settles and the best players are off the board the coaches move on to the next tier player.

All the nonsense that goes on with HS and Club teams really doesn't matter. The Top college coaches will identify, recruit and get the majority of the best players.

All the politicking and [lacrosse] kissing and letters to college coaches really will have little to do with what players the top programs recruit.

There is a small group of girls who will "truly" be recruited by the best college programs. The coaching staffs at places like Maryland, North Carolina, Northwestern, Penn State etc... Are the best evaluators of talent out there. (They also happen to be at schools where they can land top talent).

If the offers are not coming from the top programs the player is more than likely not a top tier player (at this time). If you are the schools 9th recruit and there is little to no $$ then again the player is probably not a top tier player.

There is a wide range in talent and athleticism out there and is is not the HS coach or the club coach or the delusional parent who determines where the player falls in the pecking order. It is the player and the college coaches.

[lacrosse] about politics and corruption all you want. When your daughter is on the field playing and the coaches from the top programs identify other players ahead of her it is not because of politics.

We all know what schools get the vast majority of the best players. If the offers don't come from those schools you will know where the player stands. You may not admit it but it is the truth.

There is corruption and politics with HS coaches and Club teams and there are many parents who think their daughter is a top tier kid but in the end the top programs want the best players and that is who they make offers to.

I agree that the top recruits on the top teams are usually the best players. But even you would agree that the 8th, 9th and sometimes 10th recruits on these teams are influenced by club politics and or parent influence. Those late recruits get little or no money, but the parents can say that their kid is going to a top 10 school. Don't be so naive. It goes on all the time

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree that the top recruits on the top teams are usually the best players. But even you would agree that the 8th, 9th and sometimes 10th recruits on these teams are influenced by club politics and or parent influence. Those late recruits get little or no money, but the parents can say that their kid is going to a top 10 school. Don't be so naive. It goes on all the time

It happens less than you think at the top programs. High School coaches can play politics or manipulate and influence who gets recognition. Club directors can carry kids on their top teams who do not belong. However, all of the BS will not land a kid at the majority of the top college programs. It's just the way it is, the top college programs constantly get the majority of the best players and HS and Club BS has little to do with it. All of the know it all lacrosse parents can chat about how it's all corrupt and political but in the end the college coaches from the top programs identify , recruit and get the best players year in and year out.
If a girl had offers from Maryland, UNC, Duke, Florida, PSU, Notre Dame, Northwestern, Penn, Princeton, bC, Stanford and USC but choose to pass and go elsewhere well I'm sure she is very good but, you get the picture.....

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

I'm sure the Sayville public relations firm will be flooding newsday with articles etc like they do with the boys football team. In fact.......this is the start of it here.

Football? They've been doing it in all sports for years! I heard from a Sayville parent that they have someone who reaches out to Newsday and that's how it happens. I saw in my district, which doesn't get big coverage, a parent wrote an article about their daughter's very ordinary injury and return, submitted it to Newsday and it got published? WT actual F? I guess if you want coverage, you need to make it easy for Newsday and do the work for them and that will increase your odds of getting published.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As a parent of an 8th grader at Sayville, I hope they at least have a tryout. My daughter is as good or better than most of those girls, but doesn’t play for the varsity coach’s team. Is that the prerequisite for making varsity??? I can assure you that I’ll be drafting my letter to the AD today. That’s just wrong.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

Football? They've been doing it in all sports for years! I heard from a Sayville parent that they have someone who reaches out to Newsday and that's how it happens. I saw in my district, which doesn't get big coverage, a parent wrote an article about their daughter's very ordinary injury and return, submitted it to Newsday and it got published? WT actual F? I guess if you want coverage, you need to make it easy for Newsday and do the work for them and that will increase your odds of getting published.

What you read about are the teams that win. You don't see Sayville Lacrosse in there unless they win. Girls lax hasn't had an article since 2013. The football team wins, the other sports win. That's why Newsday covers them. I'm sure parents are the greatest source of accurate information of what goes on in the athletic office. This site hardly classifies as publicity, and certainly not the type you would want. One or two idiots with an agenda getting the others all worked up over falsehood and inuendoes. Just to fit their agenda. That's what this is Tabloid stuff. Let's see what happens come March.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As a parent of an 8th grader at Sayville, I hope they at least have a tryout. My daughter is as good or better than most of those girls, but doesn’t play for the varsity coach’s team. Is that the prerequisite for making varsity??? I can assure you that I’ll be drafting my letter to the AD today. That’s just wrong.

How is that letter going to start out....
Dear AD, I heard from and anonymous poster on a website that girls are being brought up to varsity and promised starting positions because they play on the varsity coaches travel team. Since this is on the internet it must be true. I demand that my daughter get her starting position given to her now as well. I don't care that she has never played against 16-18 years olds before.

Someone is trying to get this reaction from people.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How is that letter going to start out....
Dear AD, I heard from and anonymous poster on a website that girls are being brought up to varsity and promised starting positions because they play on the varsity coaches travel team. Since this is on the internet it must be true. I demand that my daughter get her starting position given to her now as well. I don't care that she has never played against 16-18 years olds before.

Someone is trying to get this reaction from people.

Actually, there are some loudmouth parents in town that are telling everyone that will listen. Apparently the coach spoke to the parents on the DL and they couldn’t keep their mouths shut.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It happens less than you think at the top programs. High School coaches can play politics or manipulate and influence who gets recognition. Club directors can carry kids on their top teams who do not belong. However, all of the BS will not land a kid at the majority of the top college programs. It's just the way it is, the top college programs constantly get the majority of the best players and HS and Club BS has little to do with it. All of the know it all lacrosse parents can chat about how it's all corrupt and political but in the end the college coaches from the top programs identify , recruit and get the best players year in and year out.
If a girl had offers from Maryland, UNC, Duke, Florida, PSU, Notre Dame, Northwestern, Penn, Princeton, bC, Stanford and USC but choose to pass and go elsewhere well I'm sure she is very good but, you get the picture.....

If the top clubs can carry extra players, so can the top D1 programs. A little quid pro quo to help get next years top recruits. So naive!! It happens in all walks of life.
...... Sounds like your kid is going to a top program but you need to justify the books scholarship that you settled for.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If the top clubs can carry extra players, so can the top D1 programs. A little quid pro quo to help get next years top recruits. So naive!! It happens in all walks of life.
...... Sounds like your kid is going to a top program but you need to justify the books scholarship that you settled for.

That is spot on...32 kids on the roster, 16 play...coach is right half the time...The top schools top 3 studs will carry the class(x4)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lots of club lax is based on pay to play, its a big money business. I agree it washes out in college but the club circuit, HS, UA, LI Brine Newsday, All American, All county etc is way too easily manipulated by who you know and who you pay into.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aw. UNC commit and Ms. Dont play anywhere but show up everywhere reunited at UNC camp today. As expected both girls showed off. Why is it that if parents know their kid is going to show off, let them attend the camp anyways? Let it go and give other kids a chance to shine. Very cowardly. They are not true 2020's!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aw. UNC commit and Ms. Dont play anywhere but show up everywhere reunited at UNC camp today. As expected both girls showed off. Why is it that if parents know their kid is going to show off, let them attend the camp anyways? Let it go and give other kids a chance to shine. Very cowardly. They are not true 2020's!

Idk who Ms. Dont play anywhere is but the UNC commit didn't show off today. She played well but by no means was she showing others up. You want a chance to shine? burn brighter

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

If you can't show off at a camp, then when should you? Even if committed, at that point you are vying for future playing time and your future coaches are watching you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Idk who Ms. Dont play anywhere is but the UNC commit didn't show off today. She played well but by no means was she showing others up. You want a chance to shine? burn brighter

You guys really obsess over these girls and say they are not 2020's. Just because they may have better skills than your kid, that doesn't mean they aren't the age group they say they are. Get a grip. Tell your kid to hit the pitch back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The clinic didn't give an opportunity for anyone to really shine, no real gameplay, just stations. Defenders were mixed in with groups and barely could shoot, didn't look like they even asked who was a defender or attacker or a middie when they did some defensive/offensive stations.

Not sure who UNC commit was as no one really stood out, and the girls who has no club (St Anthony) girl was there and I watched her just from reading all the nonsense on here to see if she was any good. All she was is real fast, very small and all one sided stick wise. Looked like she would be easily shut down defensively, and doesn't move the ball to others/no vision. Looked like she doesn't know how to hitch or do anything to move a goalie when she shoots, so I can see her struggling against good goalies and defenses. Probably why the parents keep her away from travel lax because her game doesn't stand with other good players except that she is very fast. And probably can't build chemistry with anyone so they figure going clinic route. Smoke and mirrors way of being recruited. But if her stick hasn't caught up by now, speed won't matter and she is too small to be switched to defense on a high end D1 team. Doesn't matter though UNC is probably done looking at 2020's and starting to focus on 21's now anyway. That's why they ran the clinic at the same time as YJ 2020 and 2019 tryouts. You think they would run it if they still were looking at 2020's CR wouldn't have that.

Very unimpressed with the clinic overall, No one really stood out, you could see who had some skills and but there were a lot of real low level players (a ton of weak players attended) that probably slowed things down a bit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
<quoteThe clinic didn't give an opportunity for anyone to really shine, no real gameplay, just stations. Defenders were mixed in with groups and barely could shoot, didn't look like they even asked who was a defender or attacker or a middie when they did some defensive/offensive stations.

Not sure who UNC commit was as no one really stood out, and the girls who has no club (St Anthony) girl was there and I watched her just from reading all the nonsense on here to see if she was any good. All she was is real fast, very small and all one sided stick wise. Looked like she would be easily shut down defensively, and doesn't move the ball to others/no vision. Looked like she doesn't know how to hitch or do anything to move a goalie when she shoots, so I can see her struggling against good goalies and defenses. Probably why the parents keep her away from travel lax because her game doesn't stand with other good players except that she is very fast. And probably can't build chemistry with anyone so they figure going clinic route. Smoke and mirrors way of being recruited. But if her stick hasn't caught up by now, speed won't matter and she is too small to be switched to defense on a high end D1 team. Doesn't matter though UNC is probably done looking at 2020's and starting to focus on 21's now anyway. That's why they ran the clinic at the same time as YJ 2020 and 2019 tryouts. You think they would run it if they still were looking at 2020's CR wouldn't have that.

Very unimpressed with the clinic overall, No one really stood out, you could see who had some skills and but there were a lot of real low level players (a ton of weak players attended) that probably slowed things down a bit.</quote>

I don't think anyone believes you, I was there with my daughter and saw the total opposite, that kid has an awesome stick much better than even mine, I must admit. By the way you spent all your time watching someone else kids, how did your kid do today? Clinic was blah but overall, there were a few with great talent, Both UNC Commit and St Ants kid showed up and showed out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

If you can't show off at a camp, then when should you? Even if committed, at that point you are vying for future playing time and your future coaches are watching you.

Exactly! When are kids supposed to show their skills? Being in front the coaches is what matters. I have never seen talented kids get in front of coaches and do nothing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The clinic didn't give an opportunity for anyone to really shine, no real gameplay, just stations. Defenders were mixed in with groups and barely could shoot, didn't look like they even asked who was a defender or attacker or a middie when they did some defensive/offensive stations.

Very unimpressed with the clinic overall, No one really stood out, you could see who had some skills and but there were a lot of real low level players (a ton of weak players attended) that probably slowed things down a bit.

You got all of that from a little 2 hour clinic? I’ve seen that girl and she is very versatile with her stick in both hands. Saying she’s has no vision/ calling her a ball hog is an understatement. She passes to the ball more than shoots it. That’s is not the reason the parents kept her off the road because she was better than almost all of her teammates. Parents are the ones telling your kid to not pass the ball to her so whenever she’s gets the ball she is going to do what she has to do with it. Also. Why would your first thought be to move her to defense? I know why but I won’t say it. Easily shut down by a defender sounds funny. Never seen her get “shut down” by a defender. You sound like a hater, I personally like these people and you bringing the 14 y/o girl down is horrible.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You got all of that from a little 2 hour clinic? I’ve seen that girl and she is very versatile with her stick in both hands. Saying she’s has no vision/ calling her a ball hog is an understatement. She passes to the ball more than shoots it. That’s is not the reason the parents kept her off the road because she was better than almost all of her teammates. Parents are the ones telling your kid to not pass the ball to her so whenever she’s gets the ball she is going to do what she has to do with it. Also. Why would your first thought be to move her to defense? I know why but I won’t say it. Easily shut down by a defender sounds funny. Never seen her get “shut down” by a defender. You sound like a hater, I personally like these people and you bringing the 14 y/o girl down is horrible.

Time to move on, kid can run and that's about it, she was a non-factor on SA JV team last spring and that says all you need to know

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Time to move on, kid can run and that's about it, she was a non-factor on SA JV team last spring and that says all you need to know

Players change and skills get better. Stop bringing up the past.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL. Non-2020’s sounds true!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The ESM 2021s are a very good class (especially the goalie and defender), only bested by the Smithtown East 21s. That list goes 7 deep, although that 7 doesn't include a goalie so maybe you're right. Two best 21 classes on LI by far.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The ESM 2021s are a very good class (especially the goalie and defender), only bested by the Smithtown East 21s. That list goes 7 deep, although that 7 doesn't include a goalie so maybe you're right. Two best 21 classes on LI by far.

7 Deep? That tagging along way too many. 1 for sure, 2 others reasonable. 7? kool aide

Like Reply Quote
Page 67 of 214 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 213 214
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard