BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 20 of 48 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 47 48
Re: Boys 2025 - 5th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Thoughts on a decent weak A/strong B team other than Legacy or Express. The team my son is on cannot field an extra practice. And for regular practice it is always the same 10-12 kids that show up. As it gets colder it will only get worse. I think the coaches are getting frustrated too. Half the team is new to travel lacrosse.

Try the ducks, they are a great B team. Some good talent there.

Which team is your son on?

One of the 2 mentioned. The coaches are really great. Nothing against them. I actually feel bad for the coaches. A few of the parents that have been with team for some time say it seems they do not get an opportunity to keep a team together. Kids get pulled up and do not play (which the parents are ok with), they leave for another club or just decide not to do travel anymore. I understand teams will add a few players but half a team? The roster is just as big as their A team now. And b/c the coaches are fair, kids will get equal playing time regardless if they are at practice or not.

I'm guessing your son plays on this organizations B team? This is the exact reason why B teams for an organization are no good.
My advice, go find a club where there is only 1 team per age group..... There are plenty around for this age
Go ask around with Recon, Outlaws, True Blue, Bluefish, Millon, Icon

Yes he does. frustrating for him b/c the drills don’t work and they don’t win. Then I wonder why thehell am I paying all this money for an upgraded PAL team. It could work if the A team coach stops hoarding kids.

Thoughts on a decent weak A/strong B team other than Legacy or Express. The team my son is on cannot field an extra practice. And for regular practice it is always the same 10-12 kids that show up. As it gets colder it will only get worse. I think the coaches are getting frustrated too. Half the team is new to travel lacrosse.

One of the 2 mentioned. The coaches are really great. Nothing against them. I actually feel bad for the coaches. A few of the parents that have been with team for some time say it seems they do not get an opportunity to keep a team together. Kids get pulled up and do not play (which the parents are ok with), they leave for another club or just decide not to do travel anymore. I understand teams will add a few players but half a team? The roster is just as big as their A team now. And b/c the coaches are fair, kids will get equal playing time regardless if they are at practice or not.

I'm guessing your son plays on this organizations B team? This is the exact reason why B teams for an organization are no good.
My advice, go find a club where there is only 1 team per age group..... There are plenty around for this age

Yes he does. frustrating for him b/c the drills don’t work and they don’t win. Then I wonder why thehell am I paying all this money for an upgraded PAL team. It could work if the A team coach stops hoarding kids.

You hit the nail right on the head. Channy really only cares about the money, that’s why he stuffs his A team with kids. Don’t know why people drink the coolaide because there kids barely if at all actually play. Not sure why OReilly sticks around since he doesn’t have a chance of creating a decent team. But that’s his choice. However, its not right they charge parents outrageous sums for a B team which is the barely fieldable. If you can find a better team, jump ship sooner rather than later
Don’t rule out Legacy Blue Devils. I think they are going to be pretty good on the B level. And The Geese don’t overload their team so you don’t have the same problem as you face with Express. Plus Blue Devils have some good coaches.
Ducks Chaos or even Rage are good option.
Igloo
Mamaz Boyz is also a good B team
LI Knights was a strong B team last year, but didn’t do well in Halloween Havoc. So not sure about this year.
I would stay away from Empire. There 2025 team did not do well at all last year. I would wait a year to see if they improved.

Email the coaches or organizations and see if they have any spots your son can try out for. You would be surprised.
Good luck. I hope you and your son find a team he is happy with. This is a lot of money to pay, for your kid not to be happy doing it.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You hit the nail right on the head. Channy really only cares about the money, that’s why he stuffs his A team with kids. Don’t know why people drink the coolaide because there kids barely if at all actually play. Not sure why OReilly sticks around since he doesn’t have a chance of creating a decent team. But that’s his choice. However, its not right they charge parents outrageous sums for a B team which is the barely fieldable. If you can find a better team, jump ship sooner rather than later
Don’t rule out Legacy Blue Devils. I think they are going to be pretty good on the B level. And The Geese don’t overload their team so you don’t have the same problem as you face with Express. Plus Blue Devils have some good coaches.
Igloo
LI Knights was a strong B team last year, but didn’t do well in Halloween Havoc. So not sure about this year.
I would stay away from Empire. There 2025 team did not do well at all last year. I would wait a year to see if they improved.

Email the coaches or organizations and see if they have any spots your son can try out for. You would be surprised.
Good luck. I hope you and your son find a team he is happy with. This is a lot of money to pay, for your kid not to be happy doing it.

Can’t really blame Channy. He runs a business and if parents are willing to pay 3k for practices why stop them?

The Blue Devils are a solid B team. That team has been together for some time now. That’s the difference. It will take O’Reilly’s team fall, spring and half the summer to be on par with the stronger B teams. And before you know it’s tryouts again and come fall half the team is new again. It’s like a feeder program. He’s a great coach that isn’t able to keep a team together.

They are playing this weekend at Blatant. I want to see how they do. Will be a big deciding factor. Will also give me a chance to see how the other B teams play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is an idea. You're the client, speak, not email or blog, with the organization and explain your concerns and see what the response is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Igloo

[/quote]

Can’t really blame Channy. He runs a business and if parents are willing to pay 3k for practices why stop them?

The Blue Devils are a solid B team. That team has been together for some time now. That’s the difference. It will take O’Reilly’s team fall, spring and half the summer to be on par with the stronger B teams. And before you know it’s tryouts again and come fall half the team is new again. It’s like a feeder program. He’s a great coach that isn’t able to keep a team together.

They are playing this weekend at Blatant. I want to see how they do. Will be a big deciding factor. Will also give me a chance to see how the other B teams play.
[/quote]

I don’t think you can just say that Channy is not completely wrong for what he is doing. People have a right to make money but they also have an obligation to deliver the product.

Express B level teams are just income for Channy. He is using the reputation of his A level teams as a means of selling all his teams. But then he is overloading his A team to make even more money for himself, so the B team has the bottom ranked kids from the tryouts. Therefore, OReilly has no chance of fielding a decent team. But honestly I can’t respect OReilly. He is a good coach. But he is allowing Channy to do this and stays with the organization. So he must get paid well and that’s all he must care about. Or he would move to one of the other lacrosse organizations.

Meanwhile the bottom half of kids on Channys A team are decent kids but never really get an opportunity to develop in actual games. Channy is taking advantage of those parents “hope” that there kid may earn more playing time. And there isn’t a chance. Channy is an “acquirer” of talent. He wants those kids to get out there and know what to do. He is not interested in developing the player. And these kids are losing their opportunity to develop as a competitive player and will fall way behind other kids who are getting a lot more playing time on other teams.

And for kids that are the top 14 out of 30 on his A team, they are not getting the best training for their money either.. Because those coaches at practice are still spread out over 30 kids. Where they would get much better training if they had the typical 22-24 kids on a team. But in the end it won’t matter to Channy, because he can always acquire better kids the following year. The kids on top this year on his team, will end up as practice dummies the next year.

Parents need to wake up. Stop drinking the coolaide. You are being suckered by a slick salesman.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Channy does the same thing every team he coaches. This team is lucky they have under 30 kids (as of now). O'Reilly will stay until his son moves on or graduates. He doesn't have a choice either. It's all a game and they all butter each other's fingers with our money. Even if the coach cares a little bit, it's still money driven. It's a business. Take from it what benefits your son.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people are all crazy. Channy is the best and will always be the best!! Hands down he has the Whitest teeth your money can buy.. His train does not run on coal, it runs on cash baby $$$. Got to love the man, proven winner!! He proves it everyday when he cashes your checks. Hey next payment is due, please make sure they are on time..$$$$

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express A teams are $4,000 this year and that’s just the costs you know about!!! Absurd!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Starting a new topic.

-What are people opinions regarding lacrosse clinics?
-Are there particular ones that people recommend on Long Island?
- Are there ones people have found were not worth the extra investment?
- Are there private coaches that people feel were worth the investment?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
-What are people opinions regarding lacrosse clinics? (small groups, 6 or less are better)
-Are there particular ones that people recommend on Long Island? (there are dozens, but don't make the mistake that people always make of convenience, travel to find the best)
- Are there ones people have found were not worth the extra investment? (One on one that does shooting skills and general stick skills. I hate an hour of shooting on the run, great learn how to catch and throw, so you can shoot.)
- Are there private coaches that people feel were worth the investment? (I would rather not comment, because if I do I worry that somebody will come out with negative comments)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who's heard of Team Frost ?????????????

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keenan clinics are the best for attack . Thursday's and Sunday's. Great instruction no matter team your kid plays for. Nassau county check out Storm Lax Academy . South Shore Tom Zummo clinics start up soon in Bay Shore All top level instruction

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
-What are people opinions regarding lacrosse clinics? (small groups, 6 or less are better)
-Are there particular ones that people recommend on Long Island? (there are dozens, but don't make the mistake that people always make of convenience, travel to find the best)
- Are there ones people have found were not worth the extra investment? (One on one that does shooting skills and general stick skills. I hate an hour of shooting on the run, great learn how to catch and throw, so you can shoot.)
- Are there private coaches that people feel were worth the investment? (I would rather not comment, because if I do I worry that somebody will come out with negative comments)

Do you recommend any particular facilities on Long Island for lacrosse clinics?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keenan clinics are the best for attack . Thursday's and Sunday's. Great instruction no matter team your kid plays for. Nassau county check out Storm Lax Academy . South Shore Tom Zummo clinics start up soon in Bay Shore All top level instruction

Zummo’s clinic is good, but he needs to separate our boys from the older boys. Too much of a skill differential. I thought my kid was going to get his head taken off last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Thoughts on a decent weak A/strong B team other than Legacy or Express. The team my son is on cannot field an extra practice. And for regular practice it is always the same 10-12 kids that show up. As it gets colder it will only get worse. I think the coaches are getting frustrated too. Half the team is new to travel lacrosse.

One of the 2 mentioned. The coaches are really great. Nothing against them. I actually feel bad for the coaches. A few of the parents that have been with team for some time say it seems they do not get an opportunity to keep a team together. Kids get pulled up and do not play (which the parents are ok with), they leave for another club or just decide not to do travel anymore. I understand teams will add a few players but half a team? The roster is just as big as their A team now. And b/c the coaches are fair, kids will get equal playing time regardless if they are at practice or not.[/quote

Speak up to the directors person to person. And say what you say above.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Looking for a 5th Grade Goalie for a small 7v7 tournament this Sunday Oct 22nd.. No Charge.. we are a NYC developmental program, we are using our best midfielder at goalie because we can't find one, would like him to get his reps at middie..Games are short 18 minute running time we have 4 games they are between 3pm and 6pm on Randalls Island we get a 5th game if have one of the 2 best records. We are playing against other NYC clubs the competition is probably B/C level. If there is a 5th grade goalie looking for more reps let me know, you can email bomberslacrosseclub@aol.com

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Thoughts on a decent weak A/strong B team other than Legacy or Express. The team my son is on cannot field an extra practice. And for regular practice it is always the same 10-12 kids that show up. As it gets colder it will only get worse. I think the coaches are getting frustrated too. Half the team is new to travel lacrosse.

One of the 2 mentioned. The coaches are really great. Nothing against them. I actually feel bad for the coaches. A few of the parents that have been with team for some time say it seems they do not get an opportunity to keep a team together. Kids get pulled up and do not play (which the parents are ok with), they leave for another club or just decide not to do travel anymore. I understand teams will add a few players but half a team? The roster is just as big as their A team now. And b/c the coaches are fair, kids will get equal playing time regardless if they are at practice or not.[/quote

Speak up to the directors person to person. And say what you say above.

Many of the kids on lacrosse teams play other sports - as they should - and have conflicts. Fall ball for Lax is always tough to get the entire team at practice. Baseball, Football, Basketball, School, Kids sick... ALL kids especially at 10 should play more than just Lax. ALL the lax teams face this issue, so it wont be different anywhere else.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Channy changing his name to Cheater. Anything for a win with that slime bucket. The 2024 kids he has are in 6th grade. Their parents must be proud thst their 6th grader is doing great with the 5th graders. New team 2025 Cheaters or better yet 2025 Express Slime

i don't understand your post. 2024 kids are suppose to be in 6th grade. they graduate in june of 2024.

So it is ok for a sixth grader, graduating in June 2024 as you point out, to play in 2025?

So in two Yrs. when teams are qualifying for the WS and have to produce their respective Birth Certificates stating they were born after Sept 1st 2006. Some teams will loose older hold back 7th graders but some boys in 8th grade born after the Sept 1st cutoff will qualify.....Now does anyone have a problem with those 8th grade on age boys playing? Because I certainly do not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Channy changing his name to Cheater. Anything for a win with that slime bucket. The 2024 kids he has are in 6th grade. Their parents must be proud thst their 6th grader is doing great with the 5th graders. New team 2025 Cheaters or better yet 2025 Express Slime

i don't understand your post. 2024 kids are suppose to be in 6th grade. they graduate in june of 2024.

So it is ok for a sixth grader, graduating in June 2024 as you point out, to play in 2025?

So in two Yrs. when teams are qualifying for the WS and have to produce their respective Birth Certificates stating they were born after Sept 1st 2006. Some teams will loose older hold back 7th graders but some boys in 8th grade born after the Sept 1st cutoff will qualify.....Now does anyone have a problem with those 8th grade on age boys playing? Because I certainly do not.

I would be 100% fine with that. There’s a problem with that example though. The rules for WSYL clearly state the all players must be on the teams all season, and not just for that tournament. This is a new rule this year. So technically, because NY is grade based, those younger 2024’s wouldn’t be eligible to play on the team for the whole season, thereby making them ineligible to play in the WSYL. Kind of a catch 22.

With that being said, I’m sure people will try to circumvent the rule.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So if that's the way to do it, then it should apply to all of the teams. You think its ok now because Channy told you so, but today these teams and Tournaments say 2025. Is the kid graduating in 2024 or 2025? If the answer is 2024 then it's called cheating.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would be 100% fine with that. There’s a problem with that example though. The rules for WSYL clearly state the all players must be on the teams all season, and not just for that tournament. This is a new rule this year. So technically, because NY is grade based, those younger 2024’s wouldn’t be eligible to play on the team for the whole season, thereby making them ineligible to play in the WSYL. Kind of a catch 22.

With that being said, I’m sure people will try to circumvent the rule.

Just have two teams an on grade team and a U13 team in 2 years. Now it is "circumvented". The U13 will have separate practices and play in the qualifiers. In fact, I don't why all clubs just hold separate WSYL tryouts and have a WSYL only team. More tryout fees, more tourney fees and better for business. For example, look at this year add a few 8th graders born after 9/1/04 to some of the 2023 rosters and you'll see some different results. And if the current 2023 all don't make the WSYL team, oh well, that's life. Would love to see those parents at those tryouts...especially the entitled ones. I know I would send my son to tryout for one or two. He has an October birth date, but is on grade. so why not. Seems like an awesome experience and has some major backing. The event will continue to grow.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Channy has taken his time with my son, he has paid attention to him and really demonstrated that he cares about my boys’ best interests and development. And my kid isn’t a superstar or that experienced just yet. I don’t know the man well but thus far our experience has been a positive one. He’s blunt. He’s direct. He doesn’t care who is offended by that approach. He reminds me of old school coaches I had and that’s refreshing in today’s “every kid is a superstar” culture.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Channy has taken his time with my son, he has paid attention to him and really demonstrated that he cares about my boys’ best interests and development. And my kid isn’t a superstar or that experienced just yet. I don’t know the man well but thus far our experience has been a positive one. He’s blunt. He’s direct. He doesn’t care who is offended by that approach. He reminds me of old school coaches I had and that’s refreshing in today’s “every kid is a superstar” culture.

Does he play in a tie game with 5 minutes left? If no, he never will. Just being blunt.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No but he will come in when your superstar fakes an injury to get off the field so he doesn’t let you down. Enjoy your mixed nuts and keep wearing your kid down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No but he will come in when your superstar fakes an injury to get off the field so he doesn’t let you down. Enjoy your mixed nuts and keep wearing your kid down.

Keep saving your special flower. I’m sure he’ll bloom one day.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Such a hater. Why be that way? It would appear to the casual observer that you might benefit from letting your son have a little fun. Maybe if you ask nicely, (and it's a weekend when your little tyke doesn't have one of Channy's 10 fall tournaments or a private with Channy Jr,) your son can run free with the 'Nuts.

Life is short, it's fun to be a 'Nut!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Such a hater. Why be that way? It would appear to the casual observer that you might benefit from letting your son have a little fun. Maybe if you ask nicely, (and it's a weekend when your little tyke doesn't have one of Channy's 10 fall tournaments or a private with Channy Jr,) your son can run free with the 'Nuts.

Looks like Blast is actually following the mantra. Let’s play in only in really weak tournaments this fall against B teams and developmental teams. This way our kids will get some t-shirts this year, because it won’t happen in the summer. SN is the worst example of sportsmanship in youth lacrosse. It’s disgusting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like Blast is actually following the mantra. Let’s play in only in really weak tournaments this fall against B teams and developmental teams. This way our kids will get some t-shirts this year, because it won’t happen in the summer. (Lacrosse) is the worst example of sportsmanship in youth lacrosse. It’s disgusting.

So sad! Only a really insecure person feels a need to insult other teams!
And I can guarantee you my kid will be in the field playing a lot more than yours. I feel bad for your kid. You want him on a team just to say he is a part of it. Not allowing him to actually enjoy playing it. Have fun cheering on the other players on the team, while ignoring the fact that your kid is really wishing he could be on a team where he can play rather than watch. But he is too afraid to tell you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like Blast is actually following the mantra. Let’s play in only in really weak tournaments this fall against B teams and developmental teams. This way our kids will get some t-shirts this year, because it won’t happen in the summer. SN is the worst example of sportsmanship in youth lacrosse. It’s disgusting.

And I can guarantee you my kid will be in the field playing a lot more than yours. I feel bad for your kid. You want him on a team just to say he is a part of it. Not allowing him to actually enjoy playing it. Have fun cheering on the other players on the team, while ignoring the fact that your kid is really wishing he could be on a team where he can play rather than watch. But he is too afraid to tell you.

Keep telling yourself that. You Hugger coaches are a joke. Actually, I can’t call you coaches. You’re insecure fat and bald dads that know nothing about lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nuts are making peanut butter out of the competition. Looking good it their new threads.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nuts clean up boys. Till the next one!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know how the teams did today at the Blatant Fall Jam

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For the 20125s Express O'reilly went 4-0 and won their bracket. And apparently the Nutz won easy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nuts boys will get headswrapped by their goalie in a year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nuts boys will get headswrapped by their goalie in a year

You realize you’re talking about a 10 year old girl, right? You’re not funny. Disgusting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For the 20125s Express O'reilly went 4-0 and won their bracket. And apparently the Nutz won easy.

And it was EASY!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Serious question. Why is it OK for the TB coach (if you want to call him that) to curse like a sailor on the sideline?

It's not like that act is working. They don't look like the team is good enough as a result of his "efforts" to let young boys get abused like that.

As a parent, that can't be permitted, can it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Keep telling yourself that. You Hugger coaches are a joke. Actually, I can’t call you coaches. You’re insecure fat and bald dads that know nothing about lacrosse.

Even sadder. You are so paranoid. You assume it’s Nutz coaches always responding to you. But I’m not a Nutz coach or a Nutz parent. There are others on this forum that think what you say is “disgusting”. No one is interested in your team bashing. Start concentrating on having fun with your kid, rather than using your kid to try to be something you wished you had been in your youth. Grow up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wondering if Legacy and 9D1 are aware of the Mixed Nuts. Not sure they would approve of their boys playing on another team being coached by non-lacrosse playing Dads who can't be helping their progress and may be creating division on their club teams. Zummo and Mule, any thoughts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wondering if Legacy and 9D1 are aware of the Mixed Nuts. Not sure they would approve of their boys playing on another team being coached by non-lacrosse playing Dads who can't be helping their progress and may be creating division on their club teams. Zummo and Mule, any thoughts?

LOL. Maybe they are not as insecure as you! Just too funny! 😂 Get a life man! 😂

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL. Maybe they are not as insecure as you! Just too funny! 😂 Get a life man! 😂

Insecure, nope. Smarter than you, def.

Page 20 of 48 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 47 48

Link Copied to Clipboard