BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 91 of 264 1 2 89 90 91 92 93 263 264
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
When I was 22, I laughed at anybody that was thinking about teaching as a career

When I was 32 I was making twice as much money as a teacher and laughing at them

When I was 42 I was making 4 times what a teacher was making but working 80 hours a week and missing my kids growing up

When I was 52 I was making about the same as teacher half my age, but I was still working twice as hard

I am 62 and wish I had gone into teaching, I am making less money than when I was 32, I am no where near retiring and i will probably die at my desk.

nice pay, nice benefits, holidays, vacations and summers off with your kids - congrats on a good career choice.

Duh - the 180 "contact days" ARE AFTER school vacations vacations and holidays - they actually have to work those 180 contract days! Again, you're not too bright!

Finally- you got it...180 days of work for full years pay. Avg amount of work days/month (10 month school year)-18. And since you probably a HS PE teacher 4 hours work/day. See ya. Have a great day teaching duck-duck-goose

You totally lost that argument dude

I’m home napping by 2:30. Will be out training with my kids by 5. Whose better than me?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great. Errr where is the lacrosse forum:/

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When I was 22, I laughed at anybody that was thinking about teaching as a career

When I was 32 I was making twice as much money as a teacher and laughing at them

When I was 42 I was making 4 times what a teacher was making but working 80 hours a week and missing my kids growing up

When I was 52 I was making about the same as teacher half my age, but I was still working twice as hard

I am 62 and wish I had gone into teaching, I am making less money than when I was 32, I am no where near retiring and i will probably die at my desk.

nice pay, nice benefits, holidays, vacations and summers off with your kids - congrats on a good career choice.

Duh - the 180 "contact days" ARE AFTER school vacations vacations and holidays - they actually have to work those 180 contract days! Again, you're not too bright!

Finally - you got it...180 days of work for full years pay. Avg amount of work days/month (10 month school year)-18. And since you probably a HS PE teacher 4 hours work/day. See ya. Have a great day teaching duck-duck-goose

Since this all went way over your head, let me spell this out for you: No one ever inferred that teachers didn't work less days per year. And no one inferred that one could NOT make a good argument that for having worked less, that, furthered, teachers are paid (too) highly for less work (A point I actually agree with, because, as stated prior, I am NOT a TEACHER! I think all teachers and/or municipal jobs should either have lower wages AND great benefits/pensions, or vice versa, but NOT both - that was the way it used to be!). What you have entirely missed in this exchange is that the initial comment inferred that non teachers worked a lot more of the year than teachers than the ACTUAL difference bears out - that on an "apples to apples" basis, it's only a difference of ~50% vs ~65%. IE, that you had zero clue that the average non-teacher worker works only ~65% of the days of a year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Finally - you got it...180 days of work for full years pay. Avg amount of work days/month (10 month school year)-18. And since you probably a HS PE teacher 4 hours work/day. See ya. Have a great day teaching duck-duck-goose

Since this all went way over your head, let me spell this out for you: No one ever inferred that teachers didn't work less days per year. And no one inferred that one could NOT make a good argument that for having worked less, that, furthered, teachers are paid (too) highly for less work (A point I actually agree with, because, as stated prior, I am NOT a TEACHER! I think all teachers and/or municipal jobs should either have lower wages AND great benefits/pensions, or vice versa, but NOT both - that was the way it used to be!). What you have entirely missed in this exchange is that the initial comment inferred that non teachers worked a lot more of the year than teachers than the ACTUAL difference bears out - that on an "apples to apples" basis, it's only a difference of ~50% vs ~65%. IE, that you had zero clue that the average non-teacher worker works only ~65% of the days of a year.

You can think whatever you want, nobody cares! and teachers salaries are only going up. Now back to your desk.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What do you do? Love to hear about your super tough day.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Finally donkey$$- you got it...180 days of work for full years pay. Avg amount of work days/month (10 month school year)-18. And since you probably a HS PE teacher 4 hours work/day. See ya. Have a great day teaching duck-duck-goose

Topic is so BORING

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank goodness the old owner Larry is gone. So abrasive, pompous and didn't care about lax one bit

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you must know, I work in the financial industry, which means working way over the average in terms of time and effort, but at least the comp is commensurate with effort and results! So, yes, it is a super tough day, pretty much every day I am in the office not to mention the countless nights and weekends that go along with it. And I have zero regrets in the career of my choosing, nor does my feelings about municipal comp have anything to do with jealousy - rather, that sentiment comes in being a taxpayer that funds those jobs, and, as such, it is all of our right to question how the government spends its money relative to value derived as well as the sustainability of such spending. As pointed out earlier, higher than average salaries AND great benefits packages were never the norm for such jobs, and at about the same time they did became the norm, many municipalities started to go into the red and are now caught up in a ever growing mountain of debt that they can never recover from - that's the definition of unsustainable! So, even if you believe teachers comp and benefits are appropriate, that car is careening off into the ditch, and the end ain't gonna be pretty for anyone on either side of the equation!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Finally jacka$$- you got it...180 days of work for full years pay. Avg amount of work days/month (10 month school year)-18. And since you probably a HS PE teacher 4 hours work/day. See ya. Have a great day teaching duck-duck-goose

If you must know, I work in the financial industry, which means working way over the average in terms of time and effort, but at least the comp is commensurate with effort and results! So, yes, it is a super tough day, pretty much every day I am in the office not to mention the countless nights and weekends that go along with it. And I have zero regrets in the career of my choosing, nor does my feelings about municipal comp have anything to do with jealousy - rather, that sentiment comes in being a taxpayer that funds those jobs, and, as such, it is all of our right to question how the government spends its money relative to value derived as well as the sustainability of such spending. As pointed out earlier, higher than average salaries AND great benefits packages were never the norm for such jobs, and at about the same time they did became the norm, many municipalities started to go into the red and are now caught up in a ever growing mountain of debt that they can never recover from - that's the definition of unsustainable! So, even if you believe teachers comp and benefits are appropriate, that car is careening off into the ditch, and the end ain't gonna be pretty for anyone on either side of the equation!

I'll take my 150,000 7:30-2:30 local job with summers off any day of the week. Spending time with the family=priceless!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honestly, teachers don't make much

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You work in the financial industry! So you have contributed exactly ZERO to society, wherein that lowly PE teacher that you so easily dismiss has probably had a positive impact on at least one life a day. Good job dude, you just made yourself look like a complete fool. let's see, afternoon martini fed lunches, golf outings once or twice a week, coke fueled stripper dinners with clients and on and on and on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey, who let Bernie Sanders on here???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nah, just love the "finance guy" pissing and moaning about the salaries of teachers and b*tching about what they do when he's busy tossing singles up on a stage by noon every day, and getting re fueled doing lines off his desk.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dude, update your DVD collection at home..."Wall Street" came out about 25 years ago. Days of blow and funny money at strip clubs ended a long time ago.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Respectfully, your life sounds horrible

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nah, just love the "finance guy" pissing and moaning about the salaries of teachers and b*tching about what they do when he's busy tossing singles up on a stage by noon every day, and getting re fueled doing lines off his desk.

You obviously have no idea what comprises the financial industry and who works there. That you just (stereotypically, no less) described a small fraction of specific workers (brokers/traders?) of just one part of the financial industry comes as no surprise - the 80s and 90s called and want you to stop disparaging a lifestyle not really seen since! Stop watching Wall Street and The Wolf of Wall Street, and thinking they are movies about contemporary times, because that seems to be your sole source of info! How about you list out the sectors/businesses that make up the financial industry to demonstrate you even know what it is - impress us with your knowledge. Either way, it either short circuits your myopic/ignorant comments above or will perpetuate your ignorance, but have at it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nassau A - Syosset
Nassau B - Manhasset
Nassau C - CSH
Nassau D - Oyster Bay

Suffolk A - WM
Suffolk B - EI
Suffolk C - SWR
Suffolk D - Babylon

LIC A - WM
LIC B - Manhasset
LIC C - SWR
LIC D - Babylon

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

You obviously have no idea what comprises the financial industry and who works there. That you just (stereotypically, no less) described a small fraction of specific workers (brokers/traders?) of just one part of the financial industry comes as no surprise - the 80s and 90s called and want you to stop disparaging a lifestyle not really seen since! Stop watching Wall Street and The Wolf of Wall Street, and thinking they are movies about contemporary times, because that seems to be your sole source of info! How about you list out the sectors/businesses that make up the financial industry to demonstrate you even know what it is - impress us with your knowledge. Either way, it either short circuits your myopic/ignorant comments above or will perpetuate your ignorance, but have at it.

Of course thats your rebuttal, Your a first year on a desk. You just finished reading Reminiscences of a Stock Operator and will be convinced everything in that book is gospel, then you will read Buffett The making of an American Capitalist, and that the ways and means of the Oracle of Omaha are the only way to trade.

LOL Can we please get back to lacrosse. For those of you who dont know above is my spin on a scene from Good Will Hunting. Lets talk lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ahhhh, so says the hypocrite who stereotyped teachers! Thanks, but why don't you take a quick bump and get back to the strip club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nassau A - Syosset
Nassau B - Manhasset
Nassau C - CSH
Nassau D - Oyster Bay

Suffolk A - WM
Suffolk B - EI
Suffolk C - SWR
Suffolk D - Babylon

LIC A - WM
LIC B - Manhasset
LIC C - SWR
LIC D - Babylon

Syosset??? Manhasset???? Try again

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nassau A - Syosset
Nassau B - Manhasset
Nassau C - CSH
Nassau D - Oyster Bay

Suffolk A - WM
Suffolk B - EI
Suffolk C - SWR
Suffolk D - Babylon

LIC A - WM
LIC B - Manhasset
LIC C - SWR
LIC D - Babylon

Pequa is looking good, the D is really good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nassau A - Syosset
Nassau B - Manhasset
Nassau C - CSH
Nassau D - Oyster Bay

Suffolk A - WM
Suffolk B - EI
Suffolk C - SWR
Suffolk D - Babylon

LIC A - WM
LIC B - Manhasset
LIC C - SWR
LIC D - Babylon

SW takes Suffolk A, Massapequa Nassau A, GC takes B, EI? No way, SWR yes. D yes, think Nassau will sweep LIC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nassau A - Syosset
Nassau B - Manhasset
Nassau C - CSH
Nassau D - Oyster Bay

Suffolk A - WM
Suffolk B - EI
Suffolk C - SWR
Suffolk D - Babylon

LIC A - WM
LIC B - Manhasset
LIC C - SWR
LIC D - Babylon

SW takes Suffolk A, Massapequa Nassau A, GC takes B, EI? No way, SWR yes. D yes, think Nassau will sweep LIC.

So, to be clear, you think OB beats Babylon in the LIC?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone else think it is way to early to be making predictions?

Nassau A - Syosset
Nassau B - Manhasset
Nassau C - CSH
Nassau D - Oyster Bay

Suffolk A - WM

Suffolk B - EI
Suffolk C - SWR
Suffolk D - Babylon

LIC A - WM
LIC B - Manhasset
LIC C - SWR
LIC D - Babylon

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nassau A - Syosset
Nassau B - Manhasset
Nassau C - CSH
Nassau D - Oyster Bay

Suffolk A - WM

Suffolk B - EI
Suffolk C - SWR
Suffolk D - Babylon

LIC A - WM
LIC B - Manhasset
LIC C - SWR
LIC D - Babylon

Yes, but this is why we have this forum.
Suffolk A - SW
Suffolk B - Comsewogue
Suffolk C - Islip
Suffolk D - Babylon (by default)
Nassau A- Pequa
Nassau B- GC
Nassau C -CSH
Nassau D - OB

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by America's Game

Of course thats your rebuttal, Your a first year on a desk. You just finished reading Reminiscences of a Stock Operator and will be convinced everything in that book is gospel, then you will read Buffett The making of an American Capitalist, and that the ways and means of the Oracle of Omaha are the only way to trade.

LOL Can we please get back to lacrosse. For those of you who dont know above is my spin on a scene from Good Will Hunting. Lets talk lacrosse.

"How bout them apples "

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nassau A - Syosset
Nassau B - Manhasset
Nassau C - CSH
Nassau D - Oyster Bay

Suffolk A - WM
Suffolk B - EI
Suffolk C - SWR
Suffolk D - Babylon

LIC A - WM
LIC B - Manhasset
LIC C - SWR
LIC D - Babylon

So, to be clear, you think OB beats Babylon in the LIC?

Syosset, lol. It's Massapequas all the way. Syosset is a shell of the team they used to be. Kind of like their football program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does it really matter who wins? As long all the boys have fun!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does it really matter who wins? As long all the boys have fun!!!

Mom please stop it you are embarrassing me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ahhhh, so says the hypocrite who stereotyped teachers! Thanks, but why don't you take a quick bump and get back to the strip club.

Stereotyped teachers where . . . ???! And I have never worked in investments, as a trader or a broker . . . try again!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL - Anything is better than another diatribe about the virtues of a career in education.

LIC A WM over Farmingdale
LIC B GC over RP
LIC C SWR over LV
LIC D Babylon over OB

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nassau A - Syosset
Nassau B - Manhasset
Nassau C - CSH
Nassau D - Oyster Bay

Suffolk A - WM

Suffolk B - EI
Suffolk C - SWR
Suffolk D - Babylon

LIC A - WM
LIC B - Manhasset
LIC C - SWR
LIC D - Babylon

Yes, but this is why we have this forum.
Suffolk A - SW
Suffolk B - Comsewogue
Suffolk C - Islip
Suffolk D - Babylon (by default)
Nassau A- Pequa
Nassau B- GC
Nassau C -CSH
Nassau D - OB

SW is strong but the smart money is betting on Ward Melville. The Pat's are athletic, talented and deep. They also return a ton of experience 6 or 7 of their players have played in the past two State Championship games. 10 starters/regulars are back from last years State Championship Team. They are deep acrosse the board, Four D1 FOGO's (Penn State, Syracuse, Michigan, Penn). Goalie is legit, D and LSM are excellent. Their midfielders are experienced and athletic (4 of the top 6 return.... 5 of the top 7). They have their top two scorers back on attack.
Two Sophs will most likely be impactful (Goalie & D/LSM). Factor in several Seniors and Juniors who could easily surprise and contribute . I would not bet against Ward Melville. As usual, their team D will be outstanding and we know what wins championships.
Good Luck to all!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL - Anything is better than another diatribe about the virtues of a career in education.

LIC B GC over RP
LIC C SWR over LV
LIC D Babylon over OB

Farmingdale does not have a goalie. Their senior tore his ACL playing football. Great kid, great goalie.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stereotyped teachers where . . . ???! And I have never worked in investments, as a trader or a broker . . . try again!

Okay, I'll try again, you work in a shallow and self serving industry filled with drug abusers, misogynists and adulterers. How's that? Certainly factually correct. Hope that works better for you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LIC B GC over RP
LIC C SWR over LV
LIC D Babylon over OB

Farmingdale does not have a goalie. Their senior tore his ACL playing football. Great kid, great goalie.

Not enough offensive power on Farmingdale to beat Pequa.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LIC B GC over RP
LIC C SWR over LV
LIC D Babylon over OB

Not enough offensive power on Farmingdale to beat Pequa.

Concur on the Farmingdale goalie! Great goalie, great kid!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LIC B GC over RP
LIC C SWR over LV
LIC D Babylon over OB

If true, that is a shame, he was outstanding last year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Okay, I'll try again, you work in a shallow and self serving industry filled with drug abusers, misogynists and adulterers. How's that? Certainly factually correct. Hope that works better for you.

Again, keep posting - better to keep quiet and have people think you're a fool than to open you mouth and remove all doubt!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LIC B GC over RP
LIC C SWR over LV
LIC D Babylon over OB

Not sure about LV over CSH this year, but I would put them over CSH for the 2019 and 2020 seasons.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

wow....gotta chime in on this. click on below links (and those are just a few)....sorry PE teacher, in a profession (teaching) that is inundated with criminals/predators who use the power/authority to prey on minors shouldn't be sniping at anyones chosen profession

http://abc11.com/tag/teacher-arrested/
http://www.foxnews.com/us/slideshow...-with-students.html#/slide/loryn-Barclay
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2017/09/29/bay-shore-high-school-teachers-assistant-arrested/

Like Reply Quote
Page 91 of 264 1 2 89 90 91 92 93 263 264
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard