BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 23 of 64 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 63 64
Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not here to [lacrosse] about older kids vs. Younger kids but I will tell you I know of at least one team that has only 1 or 2 kid that are above the US lacrosse age cut off and they are very elite. It is all about coaching period. Good coaching makes goI'd lacrosse players not age.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"And also their leading scorers"

Really?

A goalie and a D-Pole are their leading scorers? That's impressive......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The Hawks 2022 look a high school Jv team with all the reclass kids. They do have great
Skills and Lacrosse IQ. They will tuff to beat.

All elite teams look like JV teams. In order to be an elite team, you need to recruit the kids that reclassed. I don't think there is an elite team out there with more than half the starting line-up born after 9/1/2003. Sad - but that's the way lacrosse is today.

That statement is patently false. My son's elite team is comprised primarily of public school boys and the starting lineup does not include a single holdback. The team does not recruit hold backs, they simply develop the kids to play at a high level regardless of their age. I don't begrudge the teams that are stocked with older kids, but it's moronic to suggest that they are a required to be successful in this sport.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really?

So a goalie and D-Pole are their leading scorers? Impressive!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Far more football players are holdbacks but you do not hear football parents squeal and whine about holdbacks as much as lax parents. Just play. Life is unfair. If some other parents want to hold their kid back due to sports, immaturity or any other reason and go to the trouble of reclassifying their kid, I do not care. As long as you are not 19 when you enter your senior year, VA high schools do not care either. If your kid is good enough, it will not matter, especially with the new NCAA recruiting rules.

That is 100% not true, parents squeal all the time. In 8th grade, a holdback has a much bigger impact on a football game. This kid is 15 playing against 13 & 14-year-old, he is 200lbs runs a 4.6. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6A1vpVKXgg&t=117s

No one player in lacrosse can impact a game like one player in football.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is called a competitive advantage. If a parent and a kid want to use rules that are in place to their advantage because sport is that important to them, they can do it. The issue is the parents are not well informed as scholarship money is far higher for Merit scholarships that Lax. If the parents were smart, they would let their kid enjoy Lax, stop club hoping, stop buying into the recruiting scam and get a tutor so the kids gets merit money. As someone who has already been through this, some parents really show their dearth of knowledge with this topic. Education is really what it is all about. Sad the parents are uneducated on this topic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really?

Both goalies, best middie, best attack....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Hawks 2022 look a high school Jv team with all the reclass kids. They do have great

All elite teams look like JV teams. In order to be an elite team, you need to recruit the kids that reclassed. I don't think there is an elite team out there with more than half the starting line-up born after 9/1/2003. Sad - but that's the way lacrosse is today.

That statement is patently false. My son's elite team is comprised primarily of public school boys and the starting lineup does not include a single holdback. The team does not recruit hold backs, they simply develop the kids to play at a high level regardless of their age. I don't begrudge the teams that are stocked with older kids, but it's moronic to suggest that they are a required to be successful in this sport.

I call bull on this one. No team in the HOCO elite division starts no holdbacks. Except maybe Next Level who didn’t win a game and didn’t belong in the division and I’m sure even they had holdbacks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I call bull on this one. No team in the HOCO elite division starts no holdbacks. Except maybe Next Level who didn’t win a game and didn’t belong in the division and I’m sure even they had holdbacks.

Call bull all you want.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really?

So a goalie and D-Pole are their leading scorers? Impressive!!

Well the goailes a D-Pole are not their smallest players VF7

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rumor is MM and 2022 have upgraded at the goalie in FO positions; this team could be the team to beat this year.

Heard starting attack will be one of best in Nation this year. No teams will be able to stop.

Will MM allow more than one attackman to shoot this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Evergreen 2022 beating Madlax 2022 by 2 goals is impressive jo matter how you spin it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really?

One of the goalies is a 7th grader. Check your sources again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Their is money in football, basketball and baseball . I just don’t get holding your child back in lacrosse . Most of the kids will not play D1

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really?

You're not even trying. They were both 2021s at some point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really?

You're not even trying. They were both 2021s at some point.

Maybe, just maybe one of them played up? Check your sources and try again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rumor is MM and 2022 have upgraded at the goalie in FO positions; this team could be the team to beat this year.

Heard starting attack will be one of best in Nation this year. No teams will be able to stop.

Will MM allow more than one attackman to shoot this year?

LOL!!! Of course not. Why let anyone else shoot ?? Crazy think man, think!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which programs are.playing in the fall classie in the sunday?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well I can promise you one club that is not playing anyone good this Fall and its name is {Evergreen}

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The

Well I can promise you one club that is not playing anyone good this Fall and its name is {Evergreen}

The Aloha tournament on Nov 5th?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The

B teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The

B teams. The big boy tourney that weekend on Nov 5 is the Crabs Fall Tourney at McDonough.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The

B teams. The big boy tourney that weekend on Nov 5 is the Crabs Fall Tourney at McDonough.

What 2022 teams are playing in the Battle on Bay and Crabs Fall tourney in a few weeks?

I assume the usuals including Hawks, Crabs, API, MadLax, FCA, etc...who else? RR, 91, BLC/DCE?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The

What 2022 teams are playing in the Battle on Bay and Crabs Fall tourney in a few weeks?

I assume the usuals including Hawks, Crabs, API, MadLax, FCA, etc...who else? RR, 91, BLC/DCE?

Tough to say since neither tournament has a website. Dukes is playing in Battle on the Bay

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
The

Tough to say since neither tournament has a website. Dukes is playing in Battle on the Bay

I know some of the good 22 teams out there are being invited to the Battle on the Bay - TX Mustangs and Duke Nationals are joining.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks, Igloo and Express were all there last year too

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I herd Igloo not going his year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

that s too bad , good team and always tough to play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

With Dukes Nationals playing this year no one wants to come down from LI after the beat down LI Express took in August.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bringing 2022’s to play express’ ‘b’ 2023 team - yes we on Long Island are very afraid!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

With Dukes Nationals playing this year no one wants to come down from LI after the beat down LI Express took in August.

I'm confused aren't 1/2 the player's on dukes from LI?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bringing 2022’s to play express’ ‘b’ 2023 team - yes we on Long Island are very afraid!

Whatever. This is the 2022 forum. The 2022 Dukes team played the Channy team and beat them 12-3. Don’t know what happened in the 2023 game but I heard the 2023 Express A team backed out so Dukes had to beat up on the B team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Whatever. This is the 2022 forum. The 2022 Dukes team played the Channy team and beat them 12-3. Don’t know what happened in the 2023 game but I heard the 2023 Express A team backed out so Dukes had to beat up on the B team.

Who are the Dukes?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
give me a break so why is Igloo not going they won it last year in fall and won the million championship Express and Igloo are the best team in the age hands down

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
give me a break so why is Igloo not going they won it last year in fall and won the million championship Express and Igloo are the best team in the age hands down

It is obvious these NY posters have no idea who Evergreen is or they would not make this claim.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is obvious these NY posters have no idea who Evergreen is or they would not make this claim.

I had a dream of being the best TROLL on this website. This guy with the Evergreen posts has taken the title. You should post your full name so you get full credit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who are the Dukes?

A bunch of random guest players from teams not playing a particular weekend or from teams eliminated earlier in the tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hands down ? You might be able to claim that on other forums but this is a Md forum. LI teams will be there because they know there is no real competition up there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo the best team!!!! 2022 national champs MD said it all summer that the million tournament was the real world championship long island has the best team !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo the best team!!!! 2022 national champs MD said it all summer that the million tournament was the real world championship long island has the best team !

Team 9+1 MD is best this coming year. Picked up some new players that will make an impact. You heard it here first. Team to Beat!

Page 23 of 64 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 63 64

Link Copied to Clipboard