BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Boys 2026 - 4th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
$3,800 for Express

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
$3,800 for Express

That's ridiculous. They better be getting all new equipment and a stick with that along with the training.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
$3,800 for Express

only the A teams are that much but they come with winter training and the spring season

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
$3,800 for Express

only the A teams are that much but they come with winter training and the spring season

The 9d1 A team is reported to be 2,900. With the spring season and winter training as well. Seems like a bargain. I'd like to see what each side is offering side by side. On the training side they are evenly split though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is that $3800 for the 2026 team? that is absurd if true. what can they be doing that would warrant that tuition. the kids in the recruiting age aren't paying that amount.

this is totally getting out of control

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is that $3800 for the 2026 team? that is absurd if true. what can they be doing that would warrant that tuition. the kids in the recruiting age aren't paying that amount.

this is totally getting out of control

Sure is for 2026. Confirmed with a friend that did the tryout.

Like the person earlier commented, it better include new equipment and a stick. LOL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that is ABSURD, things need to change and I hope people realize they don't need to be paying this kind of money for any kid no matter how old.

I have been apart of travel lacrosse since 2008 and the costs were around $500 and now they have increased to over $3000. Unless a scholarship is part of the tuition I would not do it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of quality clubs out there that offer as good or nearly as good options for much less $$$ than the big programs, yet people are attracted to "shiny things" . . .!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that is ABSURD, things need to change and I hope people realize they don't need to be paying this kind of money for any kid no matter how old.

I have been apart of travel lacrosse since 2008 and the costs were around $500 and now they have increased to over $3000. Unless a scholarship is part of the tuition I would not do it.

Yes, but back in 2008 it was probably true that a travel lacrosse program just had some late spring practices, and a handful of summer tournaments. Now, the programs that are charging 3K and up are offering year round programing. If you break it down into its component parts, the costs may seem reasonable.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo A...5 coaches with 5 sons...

Disaster waiting to happen.

who are the coaches? I though it was Cromwell & Barone for this group

Keith Cromwell
Tony Barone
Adam Waxer
J. Accardo
Jeff Butte.

Great coaches, but yes all 5 have kids on team. Additionally a nephew of a coach and a cousin of the igloo owner. Team is solid though.

Thx dad, or uncle or cousin

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you have HBO watch real sports story on youth sports. 9 billion spent on youth sports annuallly. Don't blame the clubs or any one else. We drive this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, but back in 2008 it was probably true that a travel lacrosse program just had some late spring practices, and a handful of summer tournaments. Now, the programs that are charging 3K and up are offering year round programing. If you break it down into its component parts, the costs may seem reasonable.

I hate to break it to you but .most programs are charging extra for winter practices. For a 4th grader there is no reason you have to spend 3k.remember you still have 6 more years of travel and with travel expenses you are looking at 30k. And then add individual and optional team trainings

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I hate to break it to you but .most programs are charging extra for winter practices. For a 4th grader there is no reason you have to spend 3k.remember you still have 6 more years of travel and with travel expenses you are looking at 30k. And then add individual and optional team trainings

exactly ! put that money towards college

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are Igloo A and B same amount? If so B is being used to supplement Daddy coaches of A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are Igloo A and B same amount? If so B is being used to supplement Daddy coaches of A

B is a joke and A is complete daddy ball. Team will be irrelevant by end of year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What fall tournaments are teams playing. I have a love hate relationship with Fall ball. Love watching my son play. Hate sitting in the cold!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What fall tournaments are teams playing. I have a love hate relationship with Fall ball. Love watching my son play. Hate sitting in the cold!

Legacy invitational on Columbus day, Blatant, Octoberfest

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Each year, the pricing is increasing for every club! We are around $4,000 now & its only going to get worse. Not factoring in travel expenses, hotels, etc etc etc

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
$4k for 2026?...wow that seems extreme......take the 4k and buy him a bunch of one to one training...better off..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
$4k for 2026?...wow that seems extreme......take the 4k and buy him a bunch of one to one training...better off..

Who charges 4k at this age? I thought my son was $$ with Express

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

4K at any age is rediculous!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just to correct. No where near $4k. It is a modest $3,800 for Express A at this age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

B is a joke and A is complete daddy ball. Team will be irrelevant by end of year.

Irrelevant already. smoked this past weekend. Coaches kids got plenty of run though

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express Haugen looked great last weekend. No, not a parent with a son on the team. I was told that it was their first tournament as a team. If so, very impressing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Irrelevant already. smoked this past weekend. Coaches kids got plenty of run though

A team didn't play this past weekend. Irrelevant really
How relevant is your son team
4th grade get a life people

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
said one Igloo Dad to a former Igloo Dad

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Does anyone know if the Halloween Havoc Tourney was an A or B Tourney ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by 2026LaxDad
Does anyone know if the Halloween Havoc Tourney was an A or B Tourney ?

It was a mix but in the 2026 group the only A team that I saw was Igloo Wolves.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there really A and B programs at 9yo? My son is 5 and I am looking for a program.

What does Dad Ball mean?

I actually saw the Igloo team on Saturday move the ball better than some 6th grade teams.

It was a well coached team and the boys looked like they were having a great time.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Is there really A and B programs at 9yo? My son is 5 and I am looking for a program.

What does Dad Ball mean?

I actually saw the Igloo team on Saturday move the ball better than some 6th grade teams.

It was a well coached team and the boys looked like they were having a great time.

Yes. Some town programs can compete and even beat B level teams though. The A are the elite. Daddy ball is when the head coach and/or other coaches are dads of some of the players. I guess some feel those kids get more playing time because their dad is the coach. In a perfect world the coaches would be independent and have no biases.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by meco24

What does Dad Ball mean?

Yes. Some town programs can compete and even beat B level teams though. The A are the elite. Daddy ball is when the head coach and/or other coaches are dads of some of the players. I guess some feel those kids get more playing time because their dad is the coach. In a perfect world the coaches would be independent and have no biases.

Daddy ball can be more than just "more time" - it can be placement on a team they otherwise would not even make, as well as play in situations where they are not the best option(s), IE, extra man, man down, etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just to correct. No where near $4k. It is a modest $3,800 for Express A at this age.

I surely hope that was sarcasm . . .

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
What are some good winter clinics in Nassau area?

Anyone have experience with any of these? They seem to be good options for this upcoming winter.
LI Sports HUB
fl$
LI Outlaws

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I surely hope that was sarcasm . . .

Nope its $2900 base then when you add in additional winter training and what not it goes to $3800. Of course you can decide not to do the extras.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone have experience with any of these? They seem to be good options for this upcoming winter.
LI Sports HUB
fl$
LI Outlaws

Storm Academy is really good. Its in West Hempstead

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

LI Sports HUB
fl$
LI Outlaws

Ah. I saw that one. Their site is hard to navigate. Looks like their program began already.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What 2026 teams are playing Blatant this weekend?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LI Sports HUB
fl$
LI Outlaws

Ah. I saw that one. Their site is hard to navigate. Looks like their program began already.

The program is constantly rolling. Email them stormlaxacademy@gmail.com

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LI Sports HUB
fl$
LI Outlaws

It starts in November

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What 2026 teams are playing Blatant this weekend?

Schedule is up on Tourneymachine

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard