BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 30 of 101 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 100 101
Re: Boys 2024 - 6th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

Hard to say what is A. Clearly Taz and WP are AA but they take 22ish players and do not play the other 6-8 kids. If those other 6-8 kids formed another team then another team would exist that could beat Express A Schwalje.

Those 4-12 teams are probably A players outside of Long Island or Maryland.

Taz and WP cause a serious problem to every tournament director because no one wants to play them. So all teams try to go into other brackets.
[/quote]

To say LI has very few A teams is ignorance at best - while other areas have come a long ways towards the quality of lax talent out there, LI and MD still are the primary locales for the sport. To extend that "there really are very few "A" caliber teams on Long Island" concept to its logical conclusion, what you are actually saying is that there really are very few "A" caliber teams ANYWHERE". Which, when you think about it, is a ridiculous statement![/quote]

I think you are making a general statement, which I'm sure anyone would agree with. However, the discussion is in reference to the 2024 grade, only. You must not be familiar with the AA teams. That's the only explanation I can think of, for your assessment. To this point, and admittedly this will change to a greater or lesser degree over time, the AA teams could make the score what ever they want to make it against any of these teams, excluding Express and maybe Igloo. If there are no teams that can remotely compete with them, how can you say they belong in a bracket with 10 or 12 of them? That is a "ridiculous statement". And, there are other teams that can compete with them, and give them a good game, at that. Those teams just aren't on L.I. Not trying to bash L.I., but this is the current situation for 2024. Conclusion: There are one or two A teams on L.I.[/quote]

I hear what you're saying, but my reasons for discounting some of that is that your sentiment for 2024 is echoed for every other age group here on BOTC, so there is no consensus that anyone would agree with my statement, even as a general one. I have other sons playing in different age groups besides 2024, and if you read those boards they all basically say the top 2 - 3 teams are A and everyone else is B. Again, since we're talking LI, that cannot be the case. Maybe it truly is the case with 2024, and all of the other age groups are wrong, but until I see people approaching club lax from a rational, unbiased POV about how to assess teams and tiering, I am skeptical that beyond Taz and WP that there no other teams on LI are A.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To clarify my statement. There are (2) AA Teams on LI. There are (5) A teams 3-7 with Express being the best.

WP and Taz are not A they are AA. Two Maryland teams fall into AA category as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Can someone rank the major LI travel teams, other than WP and Taz?

1/2 91 WolfPack Aiello
1/2 Legacy Taz Keenan

3 Express A Schwalje (Will get beat by Wolfpack and Taz but can handle all the rest)

4 Igloo A Windchill
5 Legacy Launch Taylor
6 True Blue
7 24 A Lightning
8 Team Long Island Spadaro
9 E3 Vitulli
10 Express B OReilly
11 Empire A Green Rotanz
12 Outlaws

The Rest:
91 Orange Gargulio
Empire B White
Express C
Fighting Ducks
Mama Boys
Igloo B
24 Thunder

Icon should be around 8 or 9 but ahead of Storm.Storm and TB should not be that high

Icon belongs in the rest Division. Winning 7-5 against the Fighting Ducks at 2017 LI Laxfest is evidence to support this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is WP playing this fall?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hard to say what is A. Clearly Taz and WP are AA but they take 22ish players and do not play the other 6-8 kids. If those other 6-8 kids formed another team then another team would exist that could beat Express A Schwalje.

Taz and WP cause a serious problem to every tournament director because no one wants to play them. So all teams try to go into other brackets.
[/quote]

To say LI has very few A teams is ignorance at best - while other areas have come a long ways towards the quality of lax talent out there, LI and MD still are the primary locales for the sport. To extend that "there really are very few "A" caliber teams on Long Island" concept to its logical conclusion, what you are actually saying is that there really are very few "A" caliber teams ANYWHERE". Which, when you think about it, is a ridiculous statement![/quote]

I think you are making a general statement, which I'm sure anyone would agree with. However, the discussion is in reference to the 2024 grade, only. You must not be familiar with the AA teams. That's the only explanation I can think of, for your assessment. To this point, and admittedly this will change to a greater or lesser degree over time, the AA teams could make the score what ever they want to make it against any of these teams, excluding Express and maybe Igloo. If there are no teams that can remotely compete with them, how can you say they belong in a bracket with 10 or 12 of them? That is a "ridiculous statement". And, there are other teams that can compete with them, and give them a good game, at that. Those teams just aren't on L.I. Not trying to bash L.I., but this is the current situation for 2024. Conclusion: There are one or two A teams on L.I.[/quote]

I hear what you're saying, but my reasons for discounting some of that is that your sentiment for 2024 is echoed for every other age group here on BOTC, so there is no consensus that anyone would agree with my statement, even as a general one. I have other sons playing in different age groups besides 2024, and if you read those boards they all basically say the top 2 - 3 teams are A and everyone else is B. Again, since we're talking LI, that cannot be the case. Maybe it truly is the case with 2024, and all of the other age groups are wrong, but until I see people approaching club lax from a rational, unbiased POV about how to assess teams and tiering, I am skeptical that beyond Taz and WP that there no other teams on LI are A.[/quote]

Your view is definitely a very logical one and I'm sure the notion of two AA teams and one or two A teams appears somewhat absurd, especially in a hot bed area like L.I., unless you are very familiar with the teams in question. It's odd, I'll admit. Doesn't make sense, but for now that's the way it is with the '24's. That will undoubtedly change over time, and every year is a do-over, so we'll see what happens this year...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Can someone rank the major LI travel teams, other than WP and Taz?

1/2 91 WolfPack Aiello
1/2 Legacy Taz Keenan

3 Express A Schwalje (Will get beat by Wolfpack and Taz but can handle all the rest)

4 Igloo A Windchill
5 Legacy Launch Taylor
6 True Blue
7 24 A Lightning
9 E3 Vitulli
10 Express B OReilly
11 Empire A Green Rotanz
12 Outlaws

The Rest:
91 Orange Gargulio
Empire B White
Express C
Fighting Ducks
Mama Boys
Igloo B
24 Thunder

Icon should be around 8 or 9 but ahead of Storm.Storm and TB should not be that high

Icon belongs in the rest Division. Winning 7-5 against the Fighting Ducks at 2017 LI Laxfest is evidence to support this.

[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]

[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Can someone rank the major LI travel teams, other than WP and Taz?

1/2 91 WolfPack Aiello
1/2 Legacy Taz Keenan

4 Igloo A Windchill
5 Legacy Launch Taylor
6 True Blue
7 24 A Lightning
9 E3 Vitulli
10 Express B OReilly
11 Empire A Green Rotanz
12 Outlaws

The Rest:
91 Orange Gargulio
Empire B White
Express C
Fighting Ducks
Mama Boys
Igloo B
24 Thunder

And Icon beat Outlaws 10-5 same tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone rank the major LI travel teams, other than WP and Taz?

1/2 91 WolfPack Aiello
1/2 Legacy Taz Keenan

4 Igloo A Windchill (Agreed)
5 Legacy Launch Taylor (You have got to be kidding...they are awful last year...Please don't say they added 4-5 taz kids because they didn't)
6 True Blue (Average)
7 24 A Lightning (Average)
8 Team Long Island Spadaro (these guys still around?)
9 E3 Vitulli (Solid)
10 Express B OReilly (Lost half ther team)
11 Empire A Green Rotanz
12 Outlaws (Lost half their team)

The Rest:
91 Orange Gargulio (Still trying to fill out the Roster)
Empire B White (Awful)
Express C (there is no longer an Express C team)
Fighting Ducks (Awful)
Mama Boys (Awful)
Igloo B (Awful)
24 Thunder (Awful)

Wow. Very comprehensive. The Legacy B team looks really high to me. You feel good about that ranking?

Ranking is solid. Storm team was mostly dismantled and up graded. Some proof would be in how launch preforms at Columbus Day. If Launch and TB get to Division Final (odds are this will happen) then we will see. Later in Fall at Blatant we should see some other matchups.

Going to be tough for True Blue they are playing Taz

They will be 2-1 with yes, a butt kicking by Taz. Still good enough to get in a division final and provide a measuring stick for my ranking. Blatant results will provide and opportunity to test other rankings.

Your Rankings...HAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone on that list is 5 goals or more worse than Madlax 2024 Capital.

AND THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT! LOL!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Madlax guy, 7 games played. 5 to 2. Lol . There is nothing you can do about it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1/2 91 WolfPack Aiello
1/2 Legacy Taz Keenan

4 Igloo A Windchill
5 Legacy Launch Taylor
6 True Blue
7 24 A Lightning
9 E3 Vitulli
10 Express B OReilly
11 Empire A Green Rotanz
12 Outlaws

The Rest:
91 Orange Gargulio
Empire B White
Express C
Fighting Ducks
Mama Boys
Igloo B
24 Thunder

Wow. Very comprehensive. The Legacy B team looks really high to me. You feel good about that ranking?

Ranking is solid. Storm team was mostly dismantled and up graded. Some proof would be in how launch preforms at Columbus Day. If Launch and TB get to Division Final (odds are this will happen) then we will see. Later in Fall at Blatant we should see some other matchups.

Going to be tough for True Blue they are playing Taz

They will be 2-1 with yes, a butt kicking by Taz. Still good enough to get in a division final and provide a measuring stick for my ranking. Blatant results will provide and opportunity to test other rankings.

The won’t play Taz. The B bracket has it’s own final. Will play launch or iglooB in the final

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TB play taz on their schedule. Launch plays 24. Not sure what happened

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

I hear what you're saying, but my reasons for discounting some of that is that your sentiment for 2024 is echoed for every other age group here on BOTC, so there is no consensus that anyone would agree with my statement, even as a general one. I have other sons playing in different age groups besides 2024, and if you read those boards they all basically say the top 2 - 3 teams are A and everyone else is B. Again, since we're talking LI, that cannot be the case. Maybe it truly is the case with 2024, and all of the other age groups are wrong, but until I see people approaching club lax from a rational, unbiased POV about how to assess teams and tiering, I am skeptical that beyond Taz and WP that there no other teams on LI are A.[/quote]

Part of the issue is how watered down club lax has gotten. And it’s the directors own fault. Every year seems to be a new club popping up. With 2 teams at the age level. Then every parent is unhappy with the fact that these new teams have a hard time competing. So they move to a different team. Then the parents of the kids that are really good think their kid should not be playing with kids not as good, so they leave and the cycle just continues. So it winds up WP and Taz stay on top and everyone else spins their wheels and no team gets good enough to compete. It may change when some of the kids and parents collect enough t shirts and realize if my kid is not playing, no one is seeing him. So the starter to 2nd string drop off will be greater for those 2 teams and the games will begin to get closer, instead of 2 you may have 6

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But it's more than that. Wp and taz compete on a very consistent level. Where other teams like express etc play great one weekend and badly the next. It's rare they get beat by anyone other than md and D.C. Teams. The one common denominator for all the best teams is constant playing together all year. Most clubs have their fall, and summer. That's it. These AA or top teams are together nonstop

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But it's more than that. Wp and taz compete on a very consistent level. Where other teams like express etc play great one weekend and badly the next. It's rare they get beat by anyone other than md and D.C. Teams. The one common denominator for all the best teams is constant playing together all year. Most clubs have their fall, and summer. That's it. These AA or top teams are together nonstop

And will hate the sport at 16 years old

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s also the fact that with so many Clubs now and new ones popping up every year the talent level is watered down. Most clubs have 9-10 kids that are A level players. While the top 2 have 20. And parents have kids changing teams all the time for whatever reason so teams do not stay together and most teams have to start from day 1 every year. Until that changes there will continue to be a big gap between the top teams and the next tier. You know what you will get from WP and Taz. It will be interesting to see what you get from the next group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wp and taz were dominate yes. But this is the age when kids start catching up and the gap gets less. By the time there in jv and hs there will be many wp and taz

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]But it's more than that. Wp and taz compete on a very consistent level. Where other teams like express etc play great one weekend and badly the next. It's rare they get beat by anyone other than md and D.C. Teams. The one common denominator for all the best teams is constant playing together all year. Most clubs have their fall, and summer. That's it. These AA or top teams are together nonstop

And will hate the sport at 16 years old[/quote

...yeah dad. We know. Your kid sucks and is on a suckier team. We get it! Now shut up!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wp and taz were dominate yes. But this is the age when kids start catching up and the gap gets less. By the time there in jv and hs there will be many wp and taz

"Were" dominant?? Or "are" dominant?? Other than that, your statement is accurate, in a very general context. However, not always the case, as that also should have already started happening by now. But it hasn't even remotely started happening. The gap is huge! Great teams tend to stay great. 91 Crush, as an example. The reason. Obviously there are many, but one of the biggest is these teams are built on some of the best athletes at this grade, anywhere. Not just great lacrosse players. The sky is the limit for many of these kids. So while other kids are getting better. Guess what, these kids are getting better too. And some of them are going to flat out amaze you in a couple of years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Madlax guy, 7 games played. 5 to 2. Lol . There is nothing you can do about it.

FACT: Madlax 2024 Capital has dominated this grade level from the outset, and that will never change.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MadLax daddy or owner pls STFU....you're boring all of us...From all of LI

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dominated every team, but one. It seems you can't grasp English. Maybe tho will help.

Cinco to dos

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]But it's more than that. Wp and taz compete on a very consistent level. Where other teams like express etc play great one weekend and badly the next. It's rare they get beat by anyone other than md and D.C. Teams. The one common denominator for all the best teams is constant playing together all year. Most clubs have their fall, and summer. That's it. These AA or top teams are together nonstop

And will hate the sport at 16 years old[/quote

...yeah dad. We know. Your kid sucks and is on a suckier team. We get it! Now shut up!!

= the rest of the world is wrong, and we're right. Try reading up on youth single sport athletes, repetitive motion injuries, and/or youth burnout - take your pick. And you know what they say when someone has to resort to ad hominem attacks . . .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FACT: Madlax 2024 Capital has dominated this grade level from the outset, and that will never change.

FACT: being the birthdate ruling is manipulated by you good ole boys, the "2024" team is actually 2023 and why they cannot enter the WSYL in Colorado ...Being they have lost to both WP and TAZ who are grade down, i don't see what dominance is being refered to

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FACT: being the birthdate ruling is manipulated by you good ole boys, the "2024" team is actually 2023 and why they cannot enter the WSYL in Colorado ...Being they have lost to both WP and TAZ who are grade down, i don't see what dominance is being refered to

I seriously wish there was a "Like" button for posts! ;-)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nobody goes to that loser tournament. Just like the Dicks Tournament used to be, it's more rich families who want a vacation. Total fraud, just like Long Island aka the Tat State.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wait so MAdLax admits that their kids on the 2024 team are really 2023s. You guys are the best.Lets CHEAT to win. You parents and that head coach are a bunch of jerk offs that belong together. Stay in VA PLEASE

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wait so MAdLax admits that their kids on the 2024 team are really 2023s. You guys are the best.Lets CHEAT to win. You parents and that head coach are a bunch of jerk offs that belong together. Stay in VA PLEASE

Again, I seriously wish there was a "Like" button for posts! ;-)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s also the fact that with so many Clubs now and new ones popping up every year the talent level is watered down. Most clubs have 9-10 kids that are A level players. While the top 2 have 20. And parents have kids changing teams all the time for whatever reason so teams do not stay together and most teams have to start from day 1 every year. Until that changes there will continue to be a big gap between the top teams and the next tier. You know what you will get from WP and Taz. It will be interesting to see what you get from the next group.

Yes, they have been together a long time. The core of both teams have been together since the beginning, in second grade. Not many changes. So they definitely have a lot of consistency there. Yes, they practice a lot but probably not as much as you think. The coaching is top notch. As skilled and dedicated as there is, in youth lacrosse. On an individual level, success breeds success. Both teams have some extremely talented players. Some are likely, as good as it gets, at this age. These players act as an unofficial benchmark for the rest of the boys, just by their presence, motivating the rest to be better. The players are unselfish. Most of the boys would prefer an assist over a goal, and it shows! Lax IQ is another big one. These boys know exactly what to do with the ball. All that said, the core of these teams are based around exceptional young athletes, who happen to play lacrosse (and many other sports as well... no single sport-athlete's here). These teams have some of the best athletes at this age, anywhere. Exceptional athletes yield exceptional results, no matter which sport they play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No donkey. They are all 2024 kids who are on age. How's that Trans-Am running?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nobody goes to that loser tournament. Just like the Dicks Tournament used to be, it's more rich families who want a vacation. Total fraud, just like Long Island aka the Tat State.

The operative word being "loser".

Wolf Pack vs Mad-losers - Record to Date:

* WOLF PACK - 5 wins
* Mad-lax-losers - 2 measly wins

Wolf Pack wins over 70% of the games played!!!!!

If there is a "dominance" here, Wolf Pack is your DOMINATRIX... Mad-lax-loser-Wolfpack-[lacrosse]!

(Sorry fellow L.I.'ers, this d-bag brings out the worst in me!!)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who won the last one? You guys are weak.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He deserves it, pour it on.. and I'm from Westchester

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who won the last one? You guys are weak.

Mad-loser!

BAD losers.

WP - 5
Mad-losers - barely... 2

Did I mention, Mad-losers lose 70% of their games to WP?!! That's the best it's ever going to get for you, loser. So enjoy that paltry 30%, because your nemesis is here to stay. Your dominatrix is going to enjoy making that number drop like a boulder this year, and every year!

Now shut the F up, Mad-loser, and stop pissing me off. Go back to your trailer trash VA thread, but always remember, YOU are forever Long Islands [lacrosse]!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax has won the most tournaments, the most recent tournaments, and nobody is within 6 goals of it. Deal with it, Tat Nation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is doing Halloween Havoc for 2024.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
V - II

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FIVE.- TWO

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
5 - 2

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
5 wins with 11 year olds

VS

2 wins with 12 year olds

Pathetic.

Now go stalk some other thread with teams you and your 12 year olds can actually compete with, sicko!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about a new topic? The first tourney of the season is Monday. What are the predictions on how both divisions will finish? I've read a lot on BOTC about how Express is totally retooled with some biggie midi's and a great new goalie. And while the Taz parents have been very quiet, I read that they demoted some of their kids to Launch, so they must have been replaced with some upgrades. Express dads still feeling cocky??

Any other interesting storylines for Monday??

Who is going to win the B division, and why?

No horse in the race, but curious to know what everyone thinks for this first tourney for the '24's.

Page 30 of 101 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 100 101

Link Copied to Clipboard