BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 6 of 220 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Third-Place Game
11:30 a.m. - Top Guns (N.Y.) vs. Top of the Bay (Md.), Field 19

Report from the field : Long Island Top Guns close the gap to 4-3 with slightly under 9 minutes remaining.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Third-Place Game

Report from the field : Teams trade goals with score now standing at 5-4 with seven minutes remaining in the first half.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You sound so sad and bitter in your win, congrats anyway. Kids won't be flocking away from tguns, came up just a bit shhort to a great team. Not bad for a program that was just started. Imagine the young teams coming down the pipes, learning through the system and having played together for years. Worry not, the future for top guns is extremely bright. Great game girls!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Third-Place Game

Top Guns equalize just before the half and the teams head to the locker room knotted at five goals each. Five different goal scorers for the Top Guns in this match.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Third-Place Game

The break did the Top Guns well netting three in the opening three minutes of the second hald. Top Guns lead, 8-6, with 21 minutes remaining.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Third-Place Game

Scoring Update : Top Guns still lead, 8-7, 19:00 Remaining.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Third-Place Game

Scoring Update : Top Guns lead now, 9-7, 11:00 remaining. Riley Hill and Alexa Smith with two goals each. Shannon Smith doing an excellent job behind the bench for the Top Guns up until this point.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Third-Place Game

Top of the Bay surges to a 10-9 lead with only four minutes remaining. Details are sketchy at this point - action is fierce on the field.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Third-Place Game

Approximately 90 seconds remaining - still 10-9.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Third-Place Game

Top Guns equalize with 36 seconds remaining, 10-10. The noise eruption is out of control - can barely hear yourself think between these two fantastic final matches taking place.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Third-Place Game

... AND IT GOES TO OVERTIME FOR THE BRONZE MEDAL IN THE U/15 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!

Kaileen Hart tied it for the Guns with about 30 seconds left. Later, she had the ball for a free position attempt at :00.7 on the clock. She fired a shot, but the horn sounded at :00.0 before the ball crossed the goal line. Center and trail umpires waved it off right away.

Overtime will be sudden victory and death.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Third-Place Game

Final Result : Top of the Bay takes the Bronze Medal - free position goal with 1:15 remaining on the clock in overtime. Heartbreaking loss for the Top Guns who played so valiantly in this National Third Place final.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I know you are but what am I?

Real classy...if you are a parent you should be embarrassed. If you are a child your parents should be embarrassed again. Either way let the hostility go dude.
Anyone reading this thread will clearly see who is perpetuating the animosity and not being civil (anonymously of course). Great job at Nationals to ALL THE GIRLS. YJs and TGs. You girls are awesome and it was great seeing you all together talking after the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
THANKS GURU!! for your reporting. This TG parent appreciates your efforts greatly. Keep up the good work. Congrats to the YJs on a job well done!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, job very well done guru, much appreciated!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do the Top Guns have a 4th grade team or do they start at 5th?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Way to Go Top Guns at the U15 National Championship in Florida. We were so proud of you and your coaching staff. Remember we have only been together 2 years and look at all you have achieved. Things will only go upward from here!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Way to Go Top Guns at the U15 National Championship in Florida. We were so proud of you and your coaching staff. Remember we have only been together 2 years and look at all you have achieved. Things will only go upward from here!

Yes congrats on 4th place!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
U/15 National Championships - Lacrosse Magazine All-Tournament Team. The 12-player team in alphabetical order, with positions and club programs noted:

Kasey Behr, M, Yellow Jackets (N.Y.)
Kathryn Cavallo, D, Stars Gold (Va.)
Olivia Cole, G, Stars Gold (Va.)
Caroline Cummings, M, Nor Cal Elite
Alex Flobeck, D, Yellow Jackets (N.Y.)
Ana Hagerup, M, Stars Gold (Va.)
Kyra Harney, A, Yellow Jackets (N.Y.)
Riley Hill, A, Long Island Top Guns (N.Y.)
Miranda Ibello, M, Top of the Bay (Md.)
Charlotte Sofield, M, Stars Gold (Va.)
Kaitlin Trombetta, M, Yellow Jackets (N.Y.)
Emma Wall, A, Top of the Bay (Md.)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just wanted to say that my daughter attended the top gun camp at shoreham h.s. last week. I watched a little and was very impressed with how the college players helped the girls. She came away extremely happy with her experience. Too bad they don't have a team for 4th graders or she, as well as some of her friends who were also at the camp, would try out. Hey Top Guns, how about a 4th grade team??!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just wanted to say that my daughter attended the top gun camp at shoreham h.s. last week. I watched a little and was very impressed with how the college players helped the girls. She came away extremely happy with her experience. Too bad they don't have a team for 4th graders or she, as well as some of her friends who were also at the camp, would try out. Hey Top Guns, how about a 4th grade team??!!

Too bad it was so far out east on the island. I know a lot of girls who wanted to go but it's a hike from nassau county

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the girls are good enough, I'm sure they can go on the 5th grade team. Just sign up for the tryouts. Worst case scenario, you paid for a two hour clinic and she knows better what to expect next year. Nothing to lose. And if enough girls did the tryouts, I'm sure that they would form a 4th grade team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many tournaments and which ones did top 2015 girls team attend this past season? I am interested in letting my daughter tryoutWRSNYC

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Too bad it was so far out east on the island. I know a lot of girls who wanted to go but it's a hike from nassau county

In addition to the shoreham camp they ran one from west babylon too, a bit closer for the nassau crowd.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
In addition to the shoreham camp they ran one from west babylon too, a bit closer for the nassau crowd.
Remember that there is one more summer camp on offer from the Top Guns during the week of August 8th in West Babylon.

Top Guns Camp - August 8th-August 11th - West Babylon

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True but the WEst Babylon camp had a specific focus, different from the Shorham camp.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the girls are good enough, I'm sure they can go on the 5th grade team. Just sign up for the tryouts. Worst case scenario, you paid for a two hour clinic and she knows better what to expect next year. Nothing to lose. And if enough girls did the tryouts, I'm sure that they would form a 4th grade team.

I'm not so sure they would form a forth grade team. All the tournaments, the lowest start for the pools is 6th grade. So a fifth grade team is already pushing it. But your right, forth graders can play up with the fifth graders. It's amazing the physical size difference of a fourth/fifth grade team playing against pure sixth grade teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm not so sure they would form a forth grade team. All the tournaments, the lowest start for the pools is 6th grade. So a fifth grade team is already pushing it. But your right, forth graders can play up with the fifth graders. It's amazing the physical size difference of a fourth/fifth grade team playing against pure sixth grade teams.

Actually fifth grade is a little late to specialize in lacs. I've heard through a reliable source that most of the for profit organizations are going to begin teams starting at one year old. They've created a pacifier that doubles as a lacs stick for a small ball. The only requirement is the child needs to be able to take 4 steps without stopping and has to be potty trained so there is no number two going on during practice. Costs will be a little higher than the older girls programs but the early start is almost assurred to result in full college scholarships for all.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Actually fifth grade is a little late to specialize in lacs. I've heard through a reliable source that most of the for profit organizations are going to begin teams starting at one year old. They've created a pacifier that doubles as a lacs stick for a small ball. The only requirement is the child needs to be able to take 4 steps without stopping and has to be potty trained so there is no number two going on during practice. Costs will be a little higher than the older girls programs but the early start is almost assurred to result in full college scholarships for all.
Ummm. This seems like a waste of perfectly good keystrokes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why weren't today's tryouts cancelled? Many people have preparations. Many people older family members to help. Many people have to evacuate their homes. And asking people to get out and travel on major LI highways is just stupid. Needless to say my daughter will not be there. We will find a club that has some common sense and cares about the player and their families.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why weren't today's tryouts cancelled? Many people have preparations. Many people older family members to help. Many people have to evacuate their homes. And asking people to get out and travel on major LI highways is just stupid. Needless to say my daughter will not be there. We will find a club that has some common sense and cares about the player and their families.

I guess they feel they had time to get everything in before storm hits. It is sure to impact the amount of girls that come to their tryouts especially because its there "better" age groups

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

I guess they feel they had time to get everything in before storm hits. It is sure to impact the amount of girls that come to their tryouts especially because its there "better" age groups
BOTC has learned that the August 28th (Sunday) tryouts have been postponed.

Those groups that are being asked to tryout on Saturday afternoon after 1:00pm are strongly advised to act with caution when driving. If the Top Guns should reschedule these events and ask BOTC to publish the information, we will certainly help the Long Island community by spreading the word during this weather emergency.

Actually, the surprising piece of information is that this is being held in West Babylon as we thought the school district would have closed access to their property.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage

BOTC has learned that the August 28th (Sunday) tryouts have been postponed.

Those groups that are being asked to tryout on Saturday afternoon after 1:00pm are strongly advised to act with caution when driving. If the Top Guns should reschedule these events and ask BOTC to publish the information, we will certainly help the Long Island community by spreading the word during this weather emergency.

THis is what will happen. They will have a low turnout. Hold another tryout later and all of us who show up today will be suckers. Gaurantee they will not make the rosters based on today's tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
THis is what will happen. They will have a low turnout. Hold another tryout later and all of us who show up today will be suckers. Gaurantee they will not make the rosters based on today's tryouts.
To those who attended the morning sessions : Please share the turnout details. BOTC will attempt to get the details on the afternoon action from West Babylon. Be safe should conditions deteriorate this afternoon.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
8am-10am about 36 girls 2013 group

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good that age group needs all the help they can get

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good that age group needs all the help they can get

2015 tryouts a joke. 5 coaches standing around watching 1 group. Others doing basically nothing.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
2015 tryouts a joke. 5 coaches standing around watching 1 group. Others doing basically nothing.
The 2015 group was the 1:30pm tryout (evacuations along the south shore aside). While the weather was not horrific, how many players turned out for this age group?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2015 group was the 1:30pm tryout (evacuations along the south shore aside). While the weather was not horrific, how many players turned out for this age group?

You know what will happen - they will have another tryout in a few months. Shd have canceled. How did the 2014 age group do?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There was a large turnout. I heard about 80 girls. I heard a lot of fooling around, joking and laughing by current TG players. A big turnoff for not TG players.

Like Reply Quote
Page 6 of 220 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard