BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,300
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 29 of 101 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 100 101
Re: Boys 2024 - 6th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Can someone rank the major LI travel teams, other than WP and Taz?

Please no! It is silly and meaningless and starts ridiculous comments. It’s club, there are no rankings only opinions.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You should know if a few team upgraded by Monday afternoon

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh geez please not another "let's rank 11 year old lacrosse teams". Nothing informative will come out of this. The drivel that follows will only make me wish this board actually implemented the registration requirement to post.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please no! It is silly and meaningless and starts ridiculous comments. It’s club, there are no rankings only opinions.

Everything is an opinion. How about groups? Maybe A and B. I'm new to this and trying to get a feel for the landscape and how many teams are actually out there. From what I read, sounds like Express and Igloo would be A teams. There must be others. I'm sure there are also clear cut B's. Just looking for some opinions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Everything is an opinion. How about groups? Maybe A and B. I'm new to this and trying to get a feel for the landscape and how many teams are actually out there. From what I read, sounds like Express and Igloo would be A teams. There must be others. I'm sure there are also clear cut B's. Just looking for some opinions.

You will get nothing but obnoxious comments, that's my opinion, so good luck, not sure what you're going to do with 20 different "opinions" on who is best.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Without a doubt, you will get a lot of 2 -3 teams are A and the rest are B BS . . .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why does it matter? Your son is on a team? Do you like that team? Don’t worry about who people think are good or bad, A or B. Evaluate you and your families situation after the summer tournaments

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Without a doubt, you will get a lot of 2 -3 teams are A and the rest are B BS . . .

Igloo and express are “a” teams, they can compete with A teams but lose
I don’t know any other clubs on Long Island you can consider “A”.
The rest of the teams all compete at a similar level.
Hope that helps.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hope that helps.

No!! The rest of the teams DO NOT compete at a similar level. There are beat downs happening all over the place, which is why this very narrow-minded assessment is so thoroughly flawed. I will not debate the top 2 - 3 are lights out better than most everyone else, but there are definitely enough teams with enough diversity in talent to properly and thoroughly make up at least 2 - 3 tiers below these elite. And the fact is that even in being elite, they would then logically be in the top tier with the other teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hope that helps.

There has to be a next tier. While I'm not familiar with a lot of the teams, I know there are some really challenged teams out there. Hit man for example. No disrespect Hitman parents, but you got a long way to go. I would think there is a level between that and Express/Igloo.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hope that helps.

Express added A kids. Huge upgade at goalie and middie. Igloo added B kids. No knock but it's who tryouts shaked out

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Easy to rank:

1. Madlax 2024 Capital

2. Everybody else

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hope that helps.

There has to be a next tier. While I'm not familiar with a lot of the teams, I know there are some really challenged teams out there. Hit man for example. No disrespect Hitman parents, but you got a long way to go. I would think there is a level between that and Express/Igloo.

Exactly! And any one tier is not going to be just 5 teams, which means in a three-tier system, the top 15 - 20 teams or so are probably A, and then a lot more in B and C. Just because the top 2 - 3 (or 5) A teams are way better than the next 10 - 15, doesn't mean that those 10 - 15 don't belong in A, especially if they regularly beat up on the teams that are ~20+, which would comprise B and C. It has long been my contention that a 3-tier system such as this - A, B, and C, is the way to go. These elite teams can continue to call themselves AA, because that is what they are: the best of the best, A. Having the next 10 - 15 teams as A does not diminish their status - in fact, it enhances it! But, these clubs are too caught up in their perpetuation of a system that makes no sense for the sport, so they can't see the forest through the trees. I would further argue that such a system would actually allow all clubs to make more money as they would be offering up a more transparent product for parents/players to consider.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
5 to 2

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
5 to 2

Do you see that little blue button at the bottom right of every post? It says "Quote - use it!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok. We get it. Your son is a below average player on a below average team. Sorry to hear.

Why does it matter? Your son is on a team? Do you like that team? Don’t worry about who people think are good or bad, A or B. Evaluate you and your families situation after the summer tournaments

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1/2 91 WolfPack Aiello
1/2 Legacy Taz Keenan

3 Express A Schwalje (Will get beat by Wolfpack and Taz but can handle all the rest)

4 Igloo A Windchill
5 Legacy Launch Taylor
6 True Blue
7 24 A Lightning
8 Team Long Island Spadaro
9 E3 Vitulli
10 Express B OReilly
11 Empire A Green Rotanz
12 Outlaws

The Rest:
91 Orange Gargulio
Empire B White
Express C
Fighting Ducks
Mama Boys
Igloo B
24 Thunder

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1/2 91 WolfPack Aiello
1/2 Legacy Taz Keenan

3 Express A Schwalje (Will get beat by Wolfpack and Taz but can handle all the rest)

4 Igloo A Windchill
5 Legacy Launch Taylor
6 True Blue
7 24 A Lightning
9 E3 Vitulli
10 Express B OReilly
11 Empire A Green Rotanz
12 Outlaws

The Rest:
91 Orange Gargulio
Empire B White
Express C
Fighting Ducks
Mama Boys
Igloo B
24 Thunder

Wow. Very comprehensive. The Legacy B team looks really high to me. You feel good about that ranking?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outlaws RoCo beat Empire Green 3 out 4 times. Then beat Express O'Reilly all 3 times. Everything else looks spot on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1/2 91 WolfPack Aiello
1/2 Legacy Taz Keenan

4 Igloo A Windchill
5 Legacy Launch Taylor
6 True Blue
7 24 A Lightning
9 E3 Vitulli
10 Express B OReilly
11 Empire A Green Rotanz
12 Outlaws

The Rest:
91 Orange Gargulio
Empire B White
Express C
Fighting Ducks
Mama Boys
Igloo B
24 Thunder

Provided the above list is accurate (not so much order, but inclusion) the entirety of those 12 teams are what constitute A for 2024, with the top 3 being AA. And, unless you're playing in a tournament that clearly has an AA division WITH A FULL COMPLIMENT of AA teams, then all of these teams should be playing in A brackets.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outlaws RoCo beat Empire Green 3 out 4 times. Then beat Express O'Reilly all 3 times. Everything else looks spot on.

Fake news. Only played O'Reilly 1x and won by 1 goal. Outlaws actually blew an 8-0 lead to won 8-7...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fake news. Only played O'Reilly 1x and won by 1 goal. Outlaws actually blew an 8-0 lead to won 8-7...

You are correct. 1 win in 1 game vs O'Reilly. Person might have been confused with express O'Shea. Probably Both Outlaws Teams should be in there. They are pretty even. And yes, you can argue 4-12. But what's the point? They have not even played a game yet. You can do your ranking in the summer again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1/2 91 WolfPack Aiello
1/2 Legacy Taz Keenan

4 Igloo A Windchill
5 Legacy Launch Taylor
6 True Blue
7 24 A Lightning
9 E3 Vitulli
10 Express B OReilly
11 Empire A Green Rotanz
12 Outlaws

The Rest:
91 Orange Gargulio
Empire B White
Express C
Fighting Ducks
Mama Boys
Igloo B
24 Thunder

Provided the above list is accurate (not so much order, but inclusion) the entirety of those 12 teams are what constitute A for 2024, with the top 3 being AA. And, unless you're playing in a tournament that clearly has an AA division WITH A FULL COMPLIMENT of AA teams, then all of these teams should be playing in A brackets.

While I'm not that familiar with the teams after Express, if Launch is really a # 5 caliber team, then there is an ENORMOUS drop off after the top three (I don't know what is happening with Igloo right now). The AA teams would beat all of those teams by at least 20+ goal's. Seriously, that is accurate. Based on that, while apparently a lot of people don't want to hear it, there really are very few "A" caliber teams on Long Island. Possibly just Express. Maybe Igloo. That's it. Not trying to stir the pot here, but with that kind of difference from the AA teams, to the next level... that next level of A just does not exist here on LI.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So as I stated earlier, nothing more than obnoxious comments and opinions. Hope you got something from all this silliness. Hate to say it but you're either a stirrer or a fool, I'll let you opine on it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So as I stated earlier, nothing more than obnoxious comments and opinions. Hope you got something from all this silliness. Hate to say it but you're either a stirrer or a fool, I'll let you opine on it.

Neither, my friend. Just some observations, whether they please you or not. We get it. Your son is on a subpar team so you don't like hearing all of the talk about rankings since it's a constant reminder of your son being on an inferior team. I'm sure that many of us can relate. Unfortunately, this isn't going away anytime soon. It's human nature, even for 11 year old lacrosse. Suggest you spend less time on the site and just appreciate this precious time with your son. It goes very quickly. At the end of the day, none of this really matters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought S2S was playing in the Columbus Day Tournament?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1/2 91 WolfPack Aiello
1/2 Legacy Taz Keenan

4 Igloo A Windchill
5 Legacy Launch Taylor
6 True Blue
7 24 A Lightning
9 E3 Vitulli
10 Express B OReilly
11 Empire A Green Rotanz
12 Outlaws

The Rest:
91 Orange Gargulio
Empire B White
Express C
Fighting Ducks
Mama Boys
Igloo B
24 Thunder

While I'm not that familiar with the teams after Express, if Launch is really a # 5 caliber team, then there is an ENORMOUS drop off after the top three (I don't know what is happening with Igloo right now). The AA teams would beat all of those teams by at least 20+ goal's. Seriously, that is accurate. Based on that, while apparently a lot of people don't want to hear it, there really are very few "A" caliber teams on Long Island. Possibly just Express. Maybe Igloo. That's it. Not trying to stir the pot here, but with that kind of difference from the AA teams, to the next level... that next level of A just does not exist here on LI.

The point is you really don’t know. Maybe Launch is #5, maybe #12. Most teams have kids come and go every year. Some kids my have gotten bigger and stronger. Some kids caught up to the other kids in skills and quickness. Some kids worked hard in August and September, some kids went to the beach. My son played half the teams on this list last year and I have no clue which team is good or not. Some of these teams play in town tournaments to get t shirts, some play in better tournaments and get beat down. Which of those teams improved from competition? They only way to rank these teams is to know every kid on each team and rank them. Otherwise is just white noise.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Roco would have a hard time beating some town programs.coaches should have stayed with little league baseball

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1/2 91 WolfPack Aiello
1/2 Legacy Taz Keenan

4 Igloo A Windchill
5 Legacy Launch Taylor
6 True Blue
7 24 A Lightning
9 E3 Vitulli
10 Express B OReilly
11 Empire A Green Rotanz
12 Outlaws

The Rest:
91 Orange Gargulio
Empire B White
Express C
Fighting Ducks
Mama Boys
Igloo B
24 Thunder

Launch is not #4

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1/2 91 WolfPack Aiello
1/2 Legacy Taz Keenan

4 Igloo A Windchill
5 Legacy Launch Taylor
6 True Blue
7 24 A Lightning
9 E3 Vitulli
10 Express B OReilly
11 Empire A Green Rotanz
12 Outlaws

The Rest:
91 Orange Gargulio
Empire B White
Express C
Fighting Ducks
Mama Boys
Igloo B
24 Thunder

Launch is not #4

Launch has not beaten anyone, how can they be above so many teams?
The coach as well as his 2 grade up sons are a mess to put it lightly

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1/2 91 WolfPack Aiello
1/2 Legacy Taz Keenan

4 Igloo A Windchill
5 Legacy Launch Taylor
6 True Blue
7 24 A Lightning
9 E3 Vitulli
10 Express B OReilly
11 Empire A Green Rotanz
12 Outlaws

The Rest:
91 Orange Gargulio
Empire B White
Express C
Fighting Ducks
Mama Boys
Igloo B
24 Thunder

Hard to say what is A. Clearly Taz and WP are AA but they take 22ish players and do not play the other 6-8 kids. If those other 6-8 kids formed another team then another team would exist that could beat Express A Schwalje.

Those 4-12 teams are probably A players outside of Long Island or Maryland.

Taz and WP cause a serious problem to every tournament director because no one wants to play them. So all teams try to go into other brackets.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1/2 91 WolfPack Aiello
1/2 Legacy Taz Keenan

4 Igloo A Windchill
5 Legacy Launch Taylor
6 True Blue
7 24 A Lightning
9 E3 Vitulli
10 Express B OReilly
11 Empire A Green Rotanz
12 Outlaws

The Rest:
91 Orange Gargulio
Empire B White
Express C
Fighting Ducks
Mama Boys
Igloo B
24 Thunder

Wow. Very comprehensive. The Legacy B team looks really high to me. You feel good about that ranking?

Ranking is solid. Storm team was mostly dismantled and up graded. Some proof would be in how launch preforms at Columbus Day. If Launch and TB get to Division Final (odds are this will happen) then we will see. Later in Fall at Blatant we should see some other matchups.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1/2 91 WolfPack Aiello
1/2 Legacy Taz Keenan

4 Igloo A Windchill
5 Legacy Launch Taylor
6 True Blue
7 24 A Lightning
9 E3 Vitulli
10 Express B OReilly
11 Empire A Green Rotanz
12 Outlaws

The Rest:
91 Orange Gargulio
Empire B White
Express C
Fighting Ducks
Mama Boys
Igloo B
24 Thunder

Hard to say what is A. Clearly Taz and WP are AA but they take 22ish players and do not play the other 6-8 kids. If those other 6-8 kids formed another team then another team would exist that could beat Express A Schwalje.

Taz and WP cause a serious problem to every tournament director because no one wants to play them. So all teams try to go into other brackets.

To say LI has very few A teams is ignorance at best - while other areas have come a long ways towards the quality of lax talent out there, LI and MD still are the primary locales for the sport. To extend that "there really are very few "A" caliber teams on Long Island" concept to its logical conclusion, what you are actually saying is that there really are very few "A" caliber teams ANYWHERE". Which, when you think about it, is a ridiculous statement!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Neither, my friend. Just some observations, whether they please you or not. We get it. Your son is on a subpar team so you don't like hearing all of the talk about rankings since it's a constant reminder of your son being on an inferior team. I'm sure that many of us can relate. Unfortunately, this isn't going away anytime soon. It's human nature, even for 11 year old lacrosse. Suggest you spend less time on the site and just appreciate this precious time with your son. It goes very quickly. At the end of the day, none of this really matters.

So you asked for rankings, all the while knowing what would happen. Thanks stirrer, sorry mate my son isn't in this age group he's looong past it, I was just scrolling about and found your request to be the typical deuche BOTC stirrer comment. Good luck with your sons Club ranking, I'm sure his HS team sucks, that's the only reason suckers like you talk about club rankings that don't exist. Adios [lacrosse] clown!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1/2 91 WolfPack Aiello
1/2 Legacy Taz Keenan

4 Igloo A Windchill
5 Legacy Launch Taylor
6 True Blue
7 24 A Lightning
9 E3 Vitulli
10 Express B OReilly
11 Empire A Green Rotanz
12 Outlaws

The Rest:
91 Orange Gargulio
Empire B White
Express C
Fighting Ducks
Mama Boys
Igloo B
24 Thunder

Ranking is solid. Storm team was mostly dismantled and up graded. Some proof would be in how launch preforms at Columbus Day. If Launch and TB get to Division Final (odds are this will happen) then we will see. Later in Fall at Blatant we should see some other matchups.

Going to be tough for True Blue they are playing Taz

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
6th grade

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1/2 91 WolfPack Aiello
1/2 Legacy Taz Keenan

4 Igloo A Windchill
5 Legacy Launch Taylor
6 True Blue
7 24 A Lightning
9 E3 Vitulli
10 Express B OReilly
11 Empire A Green Rotanz
12 Outlaws

The Rest:
91 Orange Gargulio
Empire B White
Express C
Fighting Ducks
Mama Boys
Igloo B
24 Thunder

They will be 2-1 with yes, a butt kicking by Taz. Still good enough to get in a division final and provide a measuring stick for my ranking. Blatant results will provide and opportunity to test other rankings.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1/2 91 WolfPack Aiello
1/2 Legacy Taz Keenan

4 Igloo A Windchill
5 Legacy Launch Taylor
6 True Blue
7 24 A Lightning
9 E3 Vitulli
10 Express B OReilly
11 Empire A Green Rotanz
12 Outlaws

The Rest:
91 Orange Gargulio
Empire B White
Express C
Fighting Ducks
Mama Boys
Igloo B
24 Thunder

They will be 2-1 with yes, a butt kicking by Taz. Still good enough to get in a division final and provide a measuring stick for my ranking. Blatant results will provide and opportunity to test other rankings.

Icon should be around 8 or 9 but ahead of Storm.Storm and TB should not be that high

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1/2 91 WolfPack Aiello
1/2 Legacy Taz Keenan

4 Igloo A Windchill
5 Legacy Launch Taylor
6 True Blue
7 24 A Lightning
9 E3 Vitulli
10 Express B OReilly
11 Empire A Green Rotanz
12 Outlaws

The Rest:
91 Orange Gargulio
Empire B White
Express C
Fighting Ducks
Mama Boys
Igloo B
24 Thunder

To say LI has very few A teams is ignorance at best - while other areas have come a long ways towards the quality of lax talent out there, LI and MD still are the primary locales for the sport. To extend that "there really are very few "A" caliber teams on Long Island" concept to its logical conclusion, what you are actually saying is that there really are very few "A" caliber teams ANYWHERE". Which, when you think about it, is a ridiculous statement!

I think you are making a general statement, which I'm sure anyone would agree with. However, the discussion is in reference to the 2024 grade, only. You must not be familiar with the AA teams. That's the only explanation I can think of, for your assessment. To this point, and admittedly this will change to a greater or lesser degree over time, the AA teams could make the score what ever they want to make it against any of these teams, excluding Express and maybe Igloo. If there are no teams that can remotely compete with them, how can you say they belong in a bracket with 10 or 12 of them? That is a "ridiculous statement". And, there are other teams that can compete with them, and give them a good game, at that. Those teams just aren't on L.I. Not trying to bash L.I., but this is the current situation for 2024. Conclusion: There are one or two A teams on L.I.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1/2 91 WolfPack Aiello
1/2 Legacy Taz Keenan

4 Igloo A Windchill
5 Legacy Launch Taylor
6 True Blue
7 24 A Lightning
9 E3 Vitulli
10 Express B OReilly
11 Empire A Green Rotanz
12 Outlaws

The Rest:
91 Orange Gargulio
Empire B White
Express C
Fighting Ducks
Mama Boys
Igloo B
24 Thunder

Thanks for the list. Looks like a great starting point. Looking forward to getting started this weekend. Good luck to all of the boys!

Page 29 of 101 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 100 101

Link Copied to Clipboard