BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15
Re: Boys 2021 - 9th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ICON took a step back because they lost some really talented kids. At that level, it is very hard to replace them. I also believe that they are not made up of Holdbacks, or early birthdays like the other teams are. There is one kid on Express 2021 that really should be a 2019. Crazy stuff.

I think that some of the second tier teams (A or B, whatever) will catch up because they don't have holdbacks on them. Some of them caught up to Legacy already because they are maturing, and this year they will only get better. I have seen kids on these second tier teams end up getting better spots in College because the kids on the top tier teams peaked early and the late bloomers passed them by. That will be more common now that early recruiting is done.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
ICON took a step back because they lost some really talented kids. At that level, it is very hard to replace them. I also believe that they are not made up of Holdbacks, or early birthdays like the other teams are. There is one kid on Express 2021 that really should be a 2019. Crazy stuff.

I think that some of the second tier teams (A or B, whatever) will catch up because they don't have holdbacks on them. Some of them caught up to Legacy already because they are maturing, and this year they will only get better. I have seen kids on these second tier teams end up getting better spots in College because the kids on the top tier teams peaked early and the late bloomers passed them by. That will be more common now that early recruiting is done.

In theory, you could be right but you are assuming the "second tier teams" are younger than Igloo, 91, Express and Icon. My son has been on the same "AA" team since 4th grade. There are no re-classes, a couple kids born in 11/02 and the majority of the players born are in the spring and summer of 03. They are considered a top 4 LI team. No doubt some players from "second tier teams" can play on this team, and some may become better players in the one run. But that "some" is a really small number.

It is good to have hope and keep working though. That is the way to become part of that small number. Good luck to your kid and his team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In theory, you could be right but you are assuming the "second tier teams" are younger than Igloo, 91, Express and Icon. My son has been on the same "AA" team since 4th grade. There are no re-classes, a couple kids born in 11/02 and the majority of the players born are in the spring and summer of 03. They are considered a top 4 LI team. No doubt some players from "second tier teams" can play on this team, and some may become better players in the one run. But that "some" is a really small number.

It is good to have hope and keep working though. That is the way to become part of that small number. Good luck to your kid and his team.

Age has has nothing to do with it. The top three teams have most kids well into puberty. The next teams numbers 4-8 have kids are in earlier stages of puberty. It will start to equal out soon. If it does not it will be a surprise. As for a small amount of kids that could make the top four that is not accurate. Many of those kids have made the top four teams and chose not to play with them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Age has has nothing to do with it. The top three teams have most kids well into puberty. The next teams numbers 4-8 have kids are in earlier stages of puberty. It will start to equal out soon. If it does not it will be a surprise. As for a small amount of kids that could make the top four that is not accurate. Many of those kids have made the top four teams and chose not to play with them.

I'm not saying everything else you've posted is wrong, but you're other premise is that age and puberty have no relationship, and that is in contrast to well established fact.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

I'm not saying everything else you've posted is wrong, but you're other premise is that age and puberty have no relationship, and that is in contrast to well established fact.

There are plenty of 13 year olds who have gone through full puberty and many more that haven't even started. Age is a factor, but not as much. It will all catch up by 11th grade when these kids are being made offers.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
What teams are headed to Fall Classic in Farmingdale?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Primetime will be there. Team was gutted and new players from the powerhouse town of Darien. Best team yet at this age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Primetime will be there. Team was gutted and new players from the powerhouse town of Darien. Best team yet at this age.

You mean All the 2020 kids from powerhouse town of Darien went to play for 2021 Primetime .... Good Luck

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

??? Play Black Ice and hold your own for a few games before you can even begin to think about saying anything close to that . . . and I am not an Igloo parent!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We killed Eclipse last summer and got much better. Can't wait to play the likes of Black Ice and 91. We will see how good we are.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We killed Eclipse last summer and got much better. Can't wait to play the likes of Black Ice and 91. We will see how good we are.

"We"?....you the same dbag who calls Francesa and talks bout "we really did a job on the Twins last night, right Mike"?...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"We"?....you the same dbag who calls Francesa and talks bout "we really did a job on the Twins last night, right Mike"?...

LMAO

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yo what’s up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you mean primetime and their new holdbacks. Be honest with yourself. Can't compete with blaze and black ice

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What fall tournaments are the teams in this bracket doing? Tough for some of the boys who have High School Tournaments at the same time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What fall tournaments are the teams in this bracket doing? Tough for some of the boys who have High School Tournaments at the same time.

My son's team is playing in the Farmingdale fall league, so not doing any fall tourneys.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
What tournaments are going on this weekend? My son is playing football, so I feel so left out on what is going on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blatant Fall Jam in Huntington is this weekend

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
crabs 2021, best team at the age and shouldnt lose a game all year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You couldn’t even win your own tournament last summer with a cake walk of a schedule into the playoffs!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
crabs 2021, best team at the age and shouldnt lose a game all year

Not best team at this age, best reclass kids playing at this graduation year is more like it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Better teams than Crabs:
DC Express
91 Blaze
Black Ice
Eclipse

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just saw igloo won fall jam. They beat express.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just saw igloo won fall jam. They beat express.

Not exactly an elite group of teams in that bracket . . .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not bad for 1st time out after 5 practices and 17 out of the 21 kids are new . We had a great 1st experience with Igloo glad we are here. We know we are not a AA team but this team will surprise some teams this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
crabs 2021 is really crabs 2020 and even has 1 kid that is a double hold back (2019)....sad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
crabs 2021 is really crabs 2020 and even has 1 kid that is a double hold back (2019)....sad

That's the case for most of the decent MD/mid-Atlantic teams . . .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not bad for 1st time out after 5 practices and 17 out of the 21 kids are new . We had a great 1st experience with Igloo glad we are here. We know we are not a AA team but this team will surprise some teams this year.

Avalanche that is

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Avalanche that is

COngrats to Avalanche. That is a great showing for a brand new team. I don't care what division they were in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are completely wrong on all fronts. Crabs 2021 has no players from Crabs 2020 team and does not have a 2019 double holdback. You seem to just pull this
stuff out of your butt, which you probably do. Don't tell me club teams in your area have no holdbacks or pre first. Now that would be pure BS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are completely wrong on all fronts. Crabs 2021 has no players from Crabs 2020 team and does not have a 2019 double holdback. You seem to just pull this
stuff out of your butt, which you probably do. Don't tell me club teams in your area have no holdbacks or pre first. Now that would be pure BS.

You just denied having holdbacks, and then accused LI teams of having them? Seriously?? <eye roll>

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh so your saying the Crabs DO NOT but everyone else does. Guess your new to all this. Chubby crab is the leader of all this holdback stuff which is ruining the sport

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh so your saying the Crabs DO NOT but everyone else does. Guess your new to all this. Chubby crab is the leader of all this holdback stuff which is ruining the sport

Please go back and read the post. It states that Crabs 2021 team does not have any Crabs 2020 players and does not have a double holdback 2019, as the original poster incorrectly posted.
New to this you ask. Nope, been involved in youth/club lacrosse for a long time. True, Crabs was the first to start the club/grade base program but if you think they are the only clubs with holdbacks, you are either fooling yourself or you really know NOTHING about club lacrosse. Plus you know clubs in your area have holdbacks and/or pre first. It is happening in club lacrosse in every area of the country.
Everyone knows the middie for Team 91 NY is a holdback, it is easy to find on the web.
So, just go back an re read the post, you will figure it out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please go back and read the post. It states that Crabs 2021 team does not have any Crabs 2020 players and does not have a double holdback 2019, as the original poster incorrectly posted.
New to this you ask. Nope, been involved in youth/club lacrosse for a long time. True, Crabs was the first to start the club/grade base program but if you think they are the only clubs with holdbacks, you are either fooling yourself or you really know NOTHING about club lacrosse. Plus you know clubs in your area have holdbacks and/or pre first. It is happening in club lacrosse in every area of the country.
Everyone knows the middie for Team 91 NY is a holdback, it is easy to find on the web.

One of the major problems for us here in NY is that our cut off for school is in December, where as the rest of the country is August or September. So we have kids who are a year younger to start with, and then the reclass/holdback thing kicks in. So what many here see as a holdback, is just a late starter. My kid would be a 2022 if NY used the school year start as the cutoff date, and would be running over kids like they weren't there. But He is also playing Varisty as a 14 year old, which is cool.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are there holdbacks on LI teams? Yes. Are there a gazillion more of them on MD teams than LI teams? Yes. MD is ground zero for that problem! ALthough MA is making a run for that title - they have to channel all of that holdback sentiment somewhere since USAH went age-based!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2022 is the big year for holdbacks..8th grade is the time to reclass due to HS restritions on 4 years. Last year 2021 saw a bunch of new reclassed players to go along with all the prefirsts and already reclassed. Crab teams are the king of holdbacks as are the teams/players in MIAA High School in MD which feed the Crabs and now FCA .

More parents in MD are holding/reclassing their child earlier than 8th now. I have seen many just pick at grade..But most are now 6th thru 8. Sad but that is what is happening in the sad state of youth lacrosse

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2022 is the big year for holdbacks..8th grade is the time to reclass due to HS restritions on 4 years. Last year 2021 saw a bunch of new reclassed players to go along with all the prefirsts and already reclassed. Crab teams are the king of holdbacks as are the teams/players in MIAA High School in MD which feed the Crabs and now FCA .

More parents in MD are holding/reclassing their child earlier than 8th now. I have seen many just pick at grade..But most are now 6th thru 8. Sad but that is what is happening in the sad state of youth lacrosse

Do you really think it is only lacrosse? Look at youth football and basketball, it is happening much more than lacrosse, and it is happening countrywide.
As for lacrosse, it NY changed from December to August, there would be many more holdbacks in the NY club programs. I'm surprised someone hasn't figured out a way to get around the December date. There are holdbacks in youth club lacrosse in NY, perhaps not as many as in Md. but they are there. I would guess kids attending private/Catholic schools would have a much greater opportunity to repeat a grade whereas in public school it would be more difficult, unless there was a strong academic reason. I have heard in Md it is difficult to repeat a grade in public schools, thus most of the stronger players are attending private.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you really think it is only lacrosse? Look at youth football and basketball, it is happening much more than lacrosse, and it is happening countrywide.
As for lacrosse, it NY changed from December to August, there would be many more holdbacks in the NY club programs. I'm surprised someone hasn't figured out a way to get around the December date. There are holdbacks in youth club lacrosse in NY, perhaps not as many as in Md. but they are there. I would guess kids attending private/Catholic schools would have a much greater opportunity to repeat a grade whereas in public school it would be more difficult, unless there was a strong academic reason. I have heard in Md it is difficult to repeat a grade in public schools, thus most of the stronger players are attending private.

From start to finish this is a pathetic post. "I'm surprised", "I would guess", "I have heard", "Thus most of the stronger players are attending private". You don't know jack. Just own the fact that your 16 year old freshman will be getting owned by 14 year old LI players. Now Crabby daddy crawl back to your Mid-Atlantic board.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Youth football does not have any reclass problems - leagues are age-based requiring birth certs, and you can only play up (and usually only one year) , and NEVER down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pathetic response. YOUTH football and basketball along with soccer and baseball are ALL AGE based in YOUTH prior to High School. Only the sad state of lacrosse is it acceptable to have select grade based older kids ( holdbacks/prefirsts/reclassed) play against kids younger than them. Maryland is the king of YOUTH grade base to give the select kids an advantage.

HS has always had reclassed or heldback players. It is a slight advantage but by that time its HS and most have reached puberty along with 9th-12th grade competition.

Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard