BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 15 of 48 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 47 48
Re: Boys 2025 - 5th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You can't know for sure. There are different players on and off all 3 of these teams. Anything can happen. A year ago you said 91 was on top. Now you are saying Express and Geese.
What's good is nothing is a giveaway. Which makes the season challenging for the kids.

All I am.saying is at the end of the season is Express and Geese were the top teams. That's not to say 91 isn't good, they are.

9d1 didn't have skill. They just play dirty. That dies down as they get older and real skill is needed. Express will win this year but I wouldn't want my son on the team. Channy will have a huge bench and only play the top players and holdbacks he had reclassify and burn them out. He will purely use them to get the rankings of his business up.
Be happy if your son isn't playing on Express for him.

91 is telling us not to expect to play in tournaments this fall because they want to make sure they fix the boys’ fundamentals, which makes sense. But I’m pretty sure that my tuition includes 2 fall tournaments so I’m a little confused. Can anyone from AA clear that up for me?

Sounds like 9d1 knows they don't have the talent to compete in any fall tournaments, and as for your 2 included fall tournaments, you just got your first taste of 9d1s games on how they just take peoples money.. Good luck this season.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can't know for sure. There are different players on and off all 3 of these teams. Anything can happen. A year ago you said 91 was on top. Now you are saying Express and Geese.
What's good is nothing is a giveaway. Which makes the season challenging for the kids.

All I am.saying is at the end of the season is Express and Geese were the top teams. That's not to say 91 isn't good, they are.

9d1 didn't have skill. They just play dirty. That dies down as they get older and real skill is needed. Express will win this year but I wouldn't want my son on the team. Channy will have a huge bench and only play the top players and holdbacks he had reclassify and burn them out. He will purely use them to get the rankings of his business up.

91 is telling us not to expect to play in tournaments this fall because they want to make sure they fix the boys’ fundamentals, which makes sense. But I’m pretty sure that my tuition includes 2 fall tournaments so I’m a little confused. Can anyone from AA clear that up for me?

It sounds like you actually have a kid on the team. Are you seriously asking this question here instead of actually asking the coaches or another parent? If you don't like what you hear, ask a follow up question, that is how conversations work. And while you are counting the tournaments, count the practices and the number of coaches and the rest. And if you really, really still want to ask someone else, there are plenty of big mouths on the sidelines at practice to ask what they think, myself included. We're all easy to find.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You clearly do not have a kid on the 9D1 AA team. That has never been said. So stop trying to put out lies on the board.
That's why the board managers feel like they have to regulate these boards. Because of pure lies by people pretending they are something they are not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Post deleted =quote]
Your a funny guy.thanks for a good laugh

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So I guess you’re saying that Geese are the only good team now? Express is the team to beat, at least as of the end of last season. I would agree that Geese were very good. They are definitely a close second. Let’s see how Igloo, Ducks and Blast have improved this fall. Hopefully we can have 5 legit teams at this age group this season and they all don’t avoid each other.

There is only one reclassified kid on Express the other 2 boys are staying 2024.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are not happy at 9D1 now, you will never be happy. Please don't come on here and start s**t. If you have ever asked yourself if you're a crazy lax parent, I can confidently tell you, YES. Just go somewhere else and cast your shadow there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are not happy at 9D1 now, you will never be happy. Please don't come on here and start s**t. If you have ever asked yourself if you're a crazy lax parent, I can confidently tell you, YES. Just go somewhere else and cast your shadow there.

Anyone know how the ducks roster is. Has it changed much from last year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will be a contest all season who is louder the coach or the sideline dad coaching his kid

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All negativity aside, it looks like Columbus Day is going to be a great start to the year. Geese, Express and Ducks all facing off right out of the gate! Great to see the top teams playing each other in an awesome local tourney! Add to that 24, O’Reilly and Blue Devils and I’m expecting some great lacrosse. Forget about all of the garbage around which team is best. I guarantee that every team will have some competitive games. Good luck to all and pray for a north wind over there!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about Igloo and FL$at this age?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about Igloo and FL$at this age?

Flgee didn't compete in the A bracket last season, but were a competitive B team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All negativity aside, it looks like Columbus Day is going to be a great start to the year. Geese, Express and Ducks all facing off right out of the gate! Great to see the top teams playing each other in an awesome local tourney! Add to that 24, O’Reilly and Blue Devils and I’m expecting some great lacrosse. Forget about all of the garbage around which team is best. I guarantee that every team will have some competitive games. Good luck to all and pray for a north wind over there!

It would have been nice to have one other A & B team. Ducks, Express and Geese is A level. Blue Devils, Express B and 24 shouldn't being playing those teams. Not fun for the kids, the coaches or the parents. Nothing positive comes from losing by 10+ goals. Competing hard and losing is a good builder. Get on the phone tourney directors and add a few teams. Otherwise, why come back next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You seriously just said 9d1 had no skills and won because they played dirty?? I have sat through MANY of their games and never saw them resort to being dirty. You should be ashamed of making that kind of comment about 10 year olds....especially when it is not true.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It would have been nice to have one other A & B team. Ducks, Express and Geese is A level. Blue Devils, Express B and 24 shouldn't being playing those teams. Not fun for the kids, the coaches or the parents. Nothing positive comes from losing by 10+ goals. Competing hard and losing is a good builder. Get on the phone tourney directors and add a few teams. Otherwise, why come back next year.

Calling Ducks an A level team is laughable. Maybe in your mind Dad but not to the rest of the world. They have no chance against Express and Geese. Won't even be a game. Express and Geese will beat them by at least 8 goals or more.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ducks are good

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I completely agree. These tournaments should have A and B levels. It's not fair to the B level teams to go to a tournament where they are just being beat up on and have no chance. Plus it actually hurts the kids self confidence. They should be playing teams at their level or slightly above. Not teams that will just run rings around them. I don't understand why the parents on the B level teams in these organisations don't complain about this. The B level kids would be much better off playing a different tournament.

If Legacy and Express can't get the turnout to at least have 4 teams in each A and B division, then they should not have that age group in the tourney. And instead have teams play at a different tournament that has a better turnout which has A and B levels. And I say Express as well because I expect the Octoberfest tournament is going to be the same issue based on how their Mayflower tournament turnout was last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You sir are correct.Basically stretching a playmate into a tourney so they can charge .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Calling Ducks an A level team is laughable. Maybe in your mind Dad but not to the rest of the world. They have no chance against Express and Geese. Won't even be a game. Express and Geese will beat them by at least 8 goals or more.

Only 2 - 3 teams comprising "A' = dumb!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Another unnecessary comment!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's unnecessary to point out an inane concept for a youth sport 'tiering'?? You must be one of those guys that likes that the fact that we are back to 99% of the posts on BOTC besing comprised of adults 'arguing' whose 10 year old's team is better than another's!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only one laughable is you. Laughable and sad. Stupid comments like yours insulting other teams and their kids are not welcome anymore.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's unnecessary to point out an inane concept for a youth sport 'tiering'?? You must be one of those guys that likes that the fact that we are back to 99% of the posts on BOTC besing comprised of adults 'arguing' whose 10 year old's team is better than another's!

Clearly if I say that calling A teams dumb is an unnecessary comment, then I don't support people making stupid insulting comments on this blog.
And I don't agree with the prior comment where the person insulted the Ducks and their kids. That's unnecessary and unwanted here.
But copying the bad behavior by responding with another insult of other teams is not okay either.
Everyone just needs to knock off the insults. It's truly infantile.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The comment made about the Ducks team is absolutely inappropriate. But the solution is not to copy the same bad behavior and insult other teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

Calling Ducks an A level team is laughable. Maybe in your mind Dad but not to the rest of the world. They have no chance against Express and Geese. Won't even be a game. Express and Geese will beat them by at least 8 goals or more. [/quote]

Only 2 - 3 teams comprising "A' = dumb![/quote]

[/quote]

It's unnecessary to point out an inane concept for a youth sport 'tiering'?? You must be one of those guys that likes that the fact that we are back to 99% of the posts on BOTC besing comprised of adults 'arguing' whose 10 year old's team is better than another's![/quote]

The comment made about the Ducks team is absolutely inappropriate. But the solution is not to copy the same bad behavior and insult other teams.
[/quote]

No team was insulted by posting, "Only 2 - 3 teams comprising "A' = dumb!" It was meant to insult the person(s) who consistently push the dumb idea that on LI there is any age group where the number of "A teams" are limited to single digits, let alone a handful (!), of teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Ducks team is an A team. Are they as good as the Geese or Express, probably. not. But nobody claimed that. But they will beat any B team easily. I know that because we played them. So they should be playing those A teams and enter A brackets, which they do. Please stop with the insults.

The fact remains, why can't these tourney directors match up teams accordingly? Just make a few calls and try to get a few teams in. Blatant does a great job with this and that's why I like when we enter their tourneys. Their brackets are usually balanced. For Monday, I would rather play 2 games and make the 3rd game the winners bracket game. So what that means one team only gets two games. That's better than losing 15-0.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a real tournament just a way for the directors to knock one off the list of what you paid for so they can get to the extras . Same next week when express holds our get together

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Geese vs express should be a great game . heard both teams picked up some better players .it would have been nice to see blast make an appearance

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is a real tournament, but I agree that it's not a spring/summer feel. Kids are playing football, including my son 3,4 days a week. Kids have missed half the September practices because of football,which is the prime fall sport. That's just how it is. I'm sure every team has this as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Geese vs express should be a great game . heard both teams picked up some better players .it would have been nice to see blast make an appearance

And one plays the Legacy B team and the other plays the Express B team. Does anybody agree that it's completely silly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You guys are ridiculous. This is as good a showing as you will see. Blast will never play Geese (for obvious reasons) so you’ll never get all the A teams at a tourney together. Not a Ducks parent, but pretty sure they played Blast to a goal or two whenever they met last season, so that’s essentially a wash. 24 wants to play A teams so, win or lose, they’ll be happy. Plus, the B teams are playing each other and then seeing how they stack up against A teams. A lot can be taken from a loss. All in all, I think this is the best you can expect for a fall tourney.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You guys are ridiculous. This is as good a showing as you will see. Blast will never play Geese (for obvious reasons) so you’ll never get all the A teams at a tourney together. Not a Ducks parent, but pretty sure they played Blast to a goal or two whenever they met last season, so that’s essentially a wash. 24 wants to play A teams so, win or lose, they’ll be happy. Plus, the B teams are playing each other and then seeing how they stack up against A teams. A lot can be taken from a loss. All in all, I think this is the best you can expect for a fall tourney.

So I partly agree. There is a lot you can take from a loss. But nothing you can take from a loss of 12 goals. It shows there is no equal treatment for A teams vs B teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So I partly agree. There is a lot you can take from a loss. But nothing you can take from a loss of 12 goals. It shows there is no equal treatment for A teams vs B teams.

This is the major problem with club lacrosse tournaments: there is no proper tiering system for teams, and thus no proper tournaments and/or divisions within to properly align teams. Almost every tourney is a [lacrosse] show to some degree, with teams getting blown out and/or blowing other teams out, sometimes both happening to a team within the same tourney. The grade-based aspect of lax, expecially outside of NY, compounds the problem. Hockey has this covered so much better, and lax should follow a lot of what they did (not all).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is the major problem with club lacrosse tournaments: there is no proper tiering system for teams, and thus no proper tournaments and/or divisions within to properly align teams. Almost every tourney is a [lacrosse] show to some degree, with teams getting blown out and/or blowing other teams out, sometimes both happening to a team within the same tourney. The grade-based aspect of lax, expecially outside of NY, compounds the problem. Hockey has this covered so much better, and lax should follow a lot of what they did (not all).

And tournament directors should work the phones and trade favors to make their tournaments competitive from top to bottom or just classify it as an A or B level tourney, that way you know. Do they really think putting B teams vs the top teams in the age is okay? The kids go in defeated, such poor judgement in my opinion. Good news is that there is choice, live and learn. That's why directors like the guys at Blatant who work to balance out brackets (in fall and spring) know the value of having a competitive tourney for all levels.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And tournament directors should work the phones and trade favors to make their tournaments competitive from top to bottom or just classify it as an A or B level tourney, that way you know. Do they really think putting B teams vs the top teams in the age is okay? The kids go in defeated, such poor judgement in my opinion. Good news is that there is choice, live and learn. That's why directors like the guys at Blatant who work to balance out brackets (in fall and spring) know the value of having a competitive tourney for all levels.

There are too many tournaments out there to spread out teams. When this happens, you're either going to have situations with unbalanced talent brackets or combined age brackets. Both lead to lopsided scores.
And it will only continue to get worse in the Spring & Summer as Club Directors decided to create their own tournaments to keep more money in house.

Seen the flyer for the True Blue tourney already? That'll be a sh*t show!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Been to way too many tourneys w/ my sons already where in one game they win by almost double-digit goals and then lose in the next game by a similar amount!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are too many tournaments out there to spread out teams. When this happens, you're either going to have situations with unbalanced talent brackets or combined age brackets. Both lead to lopsided scores.
And it will only continue to get worse in the Spring & Summer as Club Directors decided to create their own tournaments to keep more money in house.

Seen the flyer for the True Blue tourney already? That'll be a sh*t show!!

It's a charity tournament - are you seriously going to go there??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Ducks team is an A team. Are they as good as the Geese or Express, probably. not. But nobody claimed that. But they will beat any B team easily. I know that because we played them. So they should be playing those A teams and enter A brackets, which they do. Please stop with the insults.

The fact remains, why can't these tourney directors match up teams accordingly? Just make a few calls and try to get a few teams in. Blatant does a great job with this and that's why I like when we enter their tourneys. Their brackets are usually balanced. For Monday, I would rather play 2 games and make the 3rd game the winners bracket game. So what that means one team only gets two games. That's better than losing 15-0.

You are therefore agreeing that Ducks can’t compete with Express or Geese. Express and Geese are A teams. That means Ducks are not. You’ll see Monday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are therefore agreeing that Ducks can’t compete with Express or Geese. Express and Geese are A teams. That means Ducks are not. You’ll see Monday.

Ducks have no defense and no attack. Middies are their whole team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you seriously debating about 10 year olds, playing in a fall tournament??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you seriously debating about 10 year olds, playing in a fall tournament??

Uh, that is the whole point of this thread. This is the one place in the world where you can debate 10 year old lacrosse. If such is not your cup of tea, than don't read the thread. There is a really big internet out there - I am sure you can find something that interests you.

Page 15 of 48 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 47 48

Link Copied to Clipboard