BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 28 of 101 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 100 101
Re: Boys 2024 - 6th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Game times are up for Columbus Day on tourney machine, good games on the A brachet, true blue A? guess not if the organzation place them in the B bracket to start lol

They are in a B bracket, but playing some A teams. I'm assuming they couldn't fit them in the A bracket.

They are playing 3 B teams. They should go 3-0 and get the pleasure of playing Taz in the final

2 different brackets with 2 different championship games

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is Madlax ...... and then everyone else. Suck it, Strong Island!

Dude, go eat a crabcake. Nobody cares about Maryland. Its a terrible state. Your claim to fame is a turtle... Get a life.. Let us LI losers talk amongst ourselves...

Madlax is the DC suburbs, donkey. The NATION's CAPITAL. Not a New Jersey wannabe. Can't wait to kick you [lacrosse] again this fall.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have been going to enough YOUTH sports games/tournaments over the last couple of years. This is what I have learned.. 95% of the top lax players on the top lax teams were all born in the year 2005.fact!! Yet, must play football/soccer/hockey/wrestling with kids there own age.(kids born in 2005) making it an even, much more fair playing field.(translation- those same boys are usually good but not the best.) Why Does Lacrosse allow this in a youth sport!!! At this age 1-Yr makes a huge difference!! To have these older boys take spots away from kids the correct age in the correct grade is completely unfair and in some cases unsafe. And now lax is throwing in the reclassification situations.Its insane when you think about the possibilities of having your on age son matching up with what could be a boy 2+yrs older. then him. Its disgusting to think that the parents of these older boys feel it is ok???
This is a great game with some great boys and families. But this rush to have your son in reality I don't care about grade -play down and be the best on field is becoming an epidemic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
this legacy tournament is ridiculous...im sorry to say but there is no way that 24 is an A team and from what ive heard igloo was an A team but no longer is so how can they be in the A bracket? these team owners must be laughing all the way to the bank...theyre all in this together and are making a fortune from parents crawling so far up their !@$#@ ...its so obvious and pathetic...so glad my kid is so naturally better than the rest of the kids around here

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both those clubs have 2 teams in 2024 entering ..dumba$$

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
this legacy tournament is ridiculous...im sorry to say but there is no way that 24 is an A team and from what ive heard igloo was an A team but no longer is so how can they be in the A bracket? these team owners must be laughing all the way to the bank...theyre all in this together and are making a fortune from parents crawling so far up their !@$#@ ...its so obvious and pathetic...so glad my kid is so naturally better than the rest of the kids around here

Maybe they kept TB out of A for a reason

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i dont care about tb my son plays for the best team around
MADLAX!!! LI sucks!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i dont care about tb my son plays for the best team around
MADLAX!!! LI sucks!!!

Funny thing though...there is zero chance you have a kid on Madlax

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

i wonder whatever happened to "ryan". should be a junior/senior now

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess he ended up ok. Freshman at Virginia

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So I recently discovered BOTC and have been reading it daily. It’s like a bad car wreck... you just can’t look away. But as a proud born and bred Long Islander (who went down South to play lax in college) – and now a Marylander whose son plays for one of the top teams often discussed on BOTC, I thought I could offer some perspective. First, the reality is that many of the parents on my son’s team – and I suspect many MD/DC parents – have nothing but respect for the LI teams. OK, maybe the one mom that yells Wooooolf Pack is a bit annoying, but whatever. The reality is our kids love playing your boys. The crap on BOTC is just BS that you can say when you don’t have your name attached to a comment. The reality is WP, Taz and others are some of the best teams around. It’s pretty amazing to watch the caliber of talent at such a young age. These kids (LI/PA/MD/VA) are some of the best in the country and a ton of fun to watch. However, I think MD has a formula that LI needs to follow. We play in a spring league that has some of the best teams in the DC/Baltimore area. MadLax, Crabs, Team 91, BLC, Hawks play a 6/7 game season and THEN start Tournament play. So the boys are all warmed up when they head up to LI or PA. You all need to start something similar.... So have the summer be the culmination of the season, not the entire season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So I recently discovered BOTC and have been reading it daily. It’s like a bad car wreck... you just can’t look away. But as a proud born and bred Long Islander (who went down South to play lax in college) – and now a Marylander whose son plays for one of the top teams often discussed on BOTC, I thought I could offer some perspective. First, the reality is that many of the parents on my son’s team – and I suspect many MD/DC parents – have nothing but respect for the LI teams. OK, maybe the one mom that yells Wooooolf Pack is a bit annoying, but whatever. The reality is our kids love playing your boys. The crap on BOTC is just BS that you can say when you don’t have your name attached to a comment. The reality is WP, Taz and others are some of the best teams around. It’s pretty amazing to watch the caliber of talent at such a young age. These kids (LI/PA/MD/VA) are some of the best in the country and a ton of fun to watch. However, I think MD has a formula that LI needs to follow. We play in a spring league that has some of the best teams in the DC/Baltimore area. MadLax, Crabs, Team 91, BLC, Hawks play a 6/7 game season and THEN start Tournament play. So the boys are all warmed up when they head up to LI or PA. You all need to start something similar.... So have the summer be the culmination of the season, not the entire season.

Agree 100%. Someone need to get just half the LI clubs to agree and the rest will follow.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess he ended up ok. Freshman at Virginia

Bet he's still traumatized playing for that club owner. Biggest jerk and most hated guy in lacrosse.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Dude, go eat a crabcake. Nobody cares about Maryland. Its a terrible state. Your claim to fame is a turtle... Get a life.. Let us LI losers talk amongst ourselves...

Madlax is the DC suburbs, donkey. The NATION's CAPITAL. Not a New Jersey wannabe. Can't wait to kick you [lacrosse] again this fall.

You're so proud of your own state, you disavow it to attach yourself to Washington DC?? Other than LA, there might not be a more out of touch place in the US!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by YurWifesMan69
N E 1 FROM 9 T 1
ON THIS FORUM
TAKE
NOTES
ON HOW TO
PLAY THE GAME FROM
OUR SONS ON MAD LAX.
YOU ALL MUST BE MAD
LIVING IN NEW [lacrosse]
WITH YOUR WIFES WALKING
YOU LIKE DOGS ON LEASHES!
MAD LAX IS BEST TEAM
IN COUNTRY AND I DARE ANY OF
YOU NY PUNKS TO CHALLENGE
THAT.

***---IM YUR WIFES MAN ---***

You're not anybody's wife's man. I hope that you are a very immature child playing these endless stupid games because I can't imagine any adult acting that childish, for such a prolonged period of time. If you are an adult, you are one sick [lacrosse] and a horrendous reflection on the Madlax organization, its parents and children.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is going to Battle on the Bay on Oct. 28-29?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree 100%. Someone need to get just half the LI clubs to agree and the rest will follow.

I have a question for the Maryland parents. Why is it that the top teams in Maryland are not in the WSYL or they did not field a 2024 team in the warrior games? Is it because it’s age based and not grad year? Is there any truth to the holdback posts always on here? Is that the reason more than a spring league? I know there are holdbacks on LI too. But with the WSYL wins and the warrior games win by this age you kinda have to wonder what gives.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A spring league would be great - especially with all of the travel teams now. But that would be too easy - and where would the directors make their money. That is the real question. Are most MD teams not for profit?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because both events are a joke. Why fly all the way to Colorado when that event attracts 2 good teams and the rest terrible ones when you can play on the East Coast against excellent ones?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because both events are a joke. Why fly all the way to Colorado when that event attracts 2 good teams and the rest terrible ones when you can play on the East Coast against excellent ones?

It's because MD is the king of the holdback state. Every decent team is completely dependent on their holdbacks. If they can't bring all of their hold backs, they aren't competitive. Right holdback state?? MD went the first year, but couldn't bring their holdbacks. Consequently, they got crushed by 91 Crush. What did they do after that? What every good MD team does. Quit! Losers!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have a question for the Maryland parents. Why is it that the top teams in Maryland are not in the WSYL or they did not field a 2024 team in the warrior games? Is it because it’s age based and not grad year? Is there any truth to the holdback posts always on here? Is that the reason more than a spring league? I know there are holdbacks on LI too. But with the WSYL wins and the warrior games win by this age you kinda have to wonder what gives.

From my experience, and feel free to disagree, both NY and MD have holdbacks, obviously. All my experience with NY hold backs is that they have been "heldback" at a very young age, right when school starts. (with a few exceptions). In MD it seems to be popular to hold back kids in their middle school years. Either way something must be said that any age based tournament does not have a good showing by Maryland teams. You can call the tournaments a waste of time, but the truth is, your are just making an excuse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by YurWifesMan69
N E 1 FROM 9 T 1
ON THIS FORUM
TAKE
NOTES
ON HOW TO
PLAY THE GAME FROM
OUR SONS ON MAD LAX.
YOU ALL MUST BE MAD
LIVING IN NEW [lacrosse]
WITH YOUR WIFES WALKING
YOU LIKE DOGS ON LEASHES!
MAD LAX IS BEST TEAM
IN COUNTRY AND I DARE ANY OF
YOU NY PUNKS TO CHALLENGE
THAT.

***---IM YUR WIFES MAN ---***

can the administrator edit this clown.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

From my experience, and feel free to disagree, both NY and MD have holdbacks, obviously. All my experience with NY hold backs is that they have been "heldback" at a very young age, right when school starts. (with a few exceptions). In MD it seems to be popular to hold back kids in their middle school years. Either way something must be said that any age based tournament does not have a good showing by Maryland teams. You can call the tournaments a waste of time, but the truth is, your are just making an excuse.

This is 100% factual. It rarely happens in NY (reclassifying after Kindergarten), as a negative stigma is attached to it. However, this is not the case for MD and the south in general, where this practice is basically commonplace and an accepted practice. Apparently, it has been going on for so long there, it is ingrained in the culture. Not the case in the North.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is 100% factual. It rarely happens in NY (reclassifying after Kindergarten), as a negative stigma is attached to it. However, this is not the case for MD and the south in general, where this practice is basically commonplace and an accepted practice. Apparently, it has been going on for so long there, it is ingrained in the culture. Not the case in the North.

Except for in MA - the whole prep school thing makes that common place there, especially as it used to relate to hockey before USAH went age-based . . .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are teams on Long Island starting to do this also. And it is creating an uneven playing field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by adhrf20

You're so proud of your own state, you disavow it to attach yourself to Washington DC?? Other than LA, there might not be a more out of touch place in the US!

Because you are a hick, let me educate you. Kids who play for Madlax are almost all from Northern VA. Some from DC, some from the DC suburbs of MD, but really just NoVA. That is not the same as living in Baltimore. That is why clubs like Madlax and VLC are viewed as DC clubs.

There is no disavowment. You are just an uneducated fool, which makes sense since you are from Long Island (aka ArmPit, USA).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
jeez

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because you are a hick, let me educate you. Kids who play for Madlax are almost all from Northern VA. Some from DC, some from the DC suburbs of MD, but really just NoVA. That is not the same as living in Baltimore. That is why clubs like Madlax and VLC are viewed as DC clubs.

There is no disavowment. You are just an uneducated fool, which makes sense since you are from Long Island (aka ArmPit, USA).

Dude - hick?? You continue to prove that you obviously don't know much about LI. As someone who grew up in Queens and then moved to Nassau County, as well as having worked in Manhattan pretty much my entire career, you really couldn't find much less "hick' unless you were talking to someone who lived in Manhattan their entire life. Here's your geography lesson for the truly ignorant: Two boroughs of NYC are on LI, and the reason why Nassau County is largely populated by families who came out from the boroughs of Queens and Brooklyn. Perhaps you should alleviate yourself of your obvious ignorance by taking a look at a map one day and realize that about 50% of LI is now a never ending, contiguous suburb of NYC. Unless you live on the eastern half of LI (which also a much lower proportion of population) no one on LI is a hick, and even for those in eastern Suffolk, most aren't that rural - go far enough east and most of the people are either the wealthy vacationing from their NYC/western LI homes or the people providing services to them - either way, they're not hicks. And I'll put my education up against yours any day, and twice on Sunday. Go back to second most out of touch place in the US (and whose suburbs are way more rural relative to LI and NYC.), and go back and slap whatever educators you had for convincing you that were educated and worldly!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Make all the tournaments AGE based! Then there is No speculation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your from Virginia and your calling someone a hick? Lmao. That is funny. I guess in NoVa you wear vineyard vines overalls when you farm your fields? Welcome to the beginning of the south. Rednecks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hmmm, what are the two richest counties in the country? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-income_counties_in_the_United_States

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hmmm, what are the two richest counties in the country? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-income_counties_in_the_United_States

Hmmm. Median family income does not equal richest county. And most of those counties have barely 100,000 households. Per Capita income is a much better judge of counties wealth.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ha, citing Wikipedia as a source. Laughable!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hmmm. Median family income does not equal richest county. And most of those counties have barely 100,000 households. Per Capita income is a much better judge of counties wealth.

No matter how you look at it, we got more $ than you. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_counties_by_per_capita_income. But you will never admit that you are wrong. Arguing with someone from LI, is like playing chess with a pigeon. They knock the pieces over, crap on the board, and fly back to their flock to claim victory.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we please get back to lax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No matter how you look at it, we got more $ than you. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_counties_by_per_capita_income. But you will never admit that you are wrong. Arguing with someone from LI, is like playing chess with a pigeon. They knock the pieces over, crap on the board, and fly back to their flock to claim victory.

New [lacrosse] 1

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we please get back to lax.

You're both morons. Nobody cares!!

VA d-bag, go back to your own thread and get a life!! You make all Madlax people look like a-holes, which apparently they are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone rank the major LI travel teams, other than WP and Taz?

Page 28 of 101 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 100 101

Link Copied to Clipboard