BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
(NA) Re: GLAD THEY FINALLY DID IT
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just keep the registration requirement through the fall tournaments. I'm sure with something to actually talk about many more people with register.

My programmer is working on more specific permissions so in order for him and his team to do so, it was either allow everyone to talk or to close the forum. What we are trying to do is allow only registered members to see certain posts or to somehow reward them with something at the end of the year (i.e. Free Camp for those with a child in grades k-7th, Free Showcase with those with a child in grades 8th - 11th) Would be curious to hear your thoughts on that and if we were able to upgrade the permissions so a non reg. user could only see the locker room posts as an example or they would only be able to view the areas where the sponsors ads are (Tryouts, Camps & Clinics, etc)

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I get the reason why the forum wanted to force registration. It simply will destroy the brand. it is not what people want. Grated there are plenty of inaccurate posts, however it gives people a chance to vent and call out some that need to be called out. I agree individual kids need to be left out of conversations. I hope the anonymous posting prevails, otherwise I'm out. We already have laxpower....that site is way boring compared to botc. KEEP THE OLD BOTC!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nothing wrong with old format, moderators need to deny posting offensive material directed towards kids or anything racially offensive

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The brand??? The way BOTC was structured and operated was one of if not the most negative and toxic forums every created to discuss lacrosse!! Almost every forum dissolved into the spread misleading and categorically false information in the form of personal attacks. If BOTC is simply able to track specific users so you can tell who is even in a discussion is a huge step forward. Many times you have the same user posing as multiple participants creating their own brand of chaos.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The brand??? The way BOTC was structured and operated was one of if not the most negative and toxic forums every created to discuss lacrosse!! Almost every forum dissolved into the spread misleading and categorically false information in the form of personal attacks. If BOTC is simply able to track specific users so you can tell who is even in a discussion is a huge step forward. Many times you have the same user posing as multiple participants creating their own brand of chaos.

But you can't stay away, can you? Gotta admit, some great stuff here that you would not know if they force people to register. The test failed, because it went form a hundred posts a day down to 2.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Touche' but 2 posts is exaggerating and as I mentioned, our daily unique visitors and page views stayed the same so we were not jeopardizing our sponsors. It wasn't a test, it's something that needs to be cleaned up but at the end of the day, who ever posts something inappropriate and if it gets passed our moderators, contingent on the post, the poster can be held accountable (not from Back of the Cage but from other parties). Not sure why registering would deter people from posting when the mod's still have access to their IP address. But we (the mod's) have to do a better job with the approving, modifying or deleting the posts.

Thanks for your support and hopefully we can keep the posts clean.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what forums are better?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
pretty sure many dont understand the technical issues related to IP address etc.so they are uncomfortable registering

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by TM@BOTC
Touche' but 2 posts is exaggerating and as I mentioned, our daily unique visitors and page views stayed the same so we were not jeopardizing our sponsors. It wasn't a test, it's something that needs to be cleaned up but at the end of the day, who ever posts something inappropriate and if it gets passed our moderators, contingent on the post, the poster can be held accountable (not from Back of the Cage but from other parties). Not sure why registering would deter people from posting when the mod's still have access to their IP address. But we (the mod's) have to do a better job with the approving, modifying or deleting the posts.

Thanks for your support and hopefully we can keep the posts clean.

No computer expert but cant people change their IP address. I think maybe a little more of a delay in a post appearing so it can be approved would be acceptable to most posters and would allow the more obnoxious posts to just never happen.

Like Reply Quote
(NA) (NA) Re: GLAD THEY FINALLY DID IT
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Understood. We agree with the one poster with allowing people to vent, express their opinions, share their experiences, etc as that are what forums are for but if we see the same person posting to their own posts and they are just filled with garbage, we will ban them from the site, it's that cut and dry. So I hope they know that an Internet Protocol Address (IP Address) is a numerical label assigned to each device connected to a computer network that uses the Internet Protocol for communication therefore allow certain websites like B.O.T.C to identify it but I can see many people not understanding that technical jargon.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
(NA) (NA) Re: GLAD THEY FINALLY DID IT
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Glad to see the forums coming back to life!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But you can't stay away, can you? Gotta admit, some great stuff here that you would not know if they force people to register. The test failed, because it went form a hundred posts a day down to 2.

Like Howard Stern used to say, people who hate him listen more than people who love him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are all these other lax sites people refer that are better?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by TM@BOTC
Understood. We agree with the one poster with allowing people to vent, express their opinions, share their experiences, etc as that are what forums are for but if we see the same person posting to their own posts and they are just filled with garbage, we will ban them from the site, it's that cut and dry. So I hope they know that an Internet Protocol Address (IP Address) is a numerical label assigned to each device connected to a computer network that uses the Internet Protocol for communication therefore allow certain websites like B.O.T.C to identify it but I can see many people not understanding that technical jargon.

There is no reason for you all not to register. Tryout season is here in two weeks and some posts can be very informational.

Like Reply Quote
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard