BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 45 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 44 45
Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think practices are the MOST important part of club lax. Your kid improves at practices, not tourneys. Practice is where they are coached and learn skills. Tourneys are the gravy. I don't need another championship t shirt for my kid, I need him to be the best he can be at lax.

Disagree, respectfully.

On competitive travel teams, not every player is necessarily going to play the same amount, but part of your job as a coach is to develop every player on your team.

“It is a tenet of good coaching that you get kids into games,” writes Jim Thompson, founder and CEO of the Positive Coaching Alliance, a US Lacrosse national partner. “Most of the benefits of playing a sport are tied to competing in games.” www.uslacrosse.org/blog/good-coaches-get-players-into-games

Coach does have to develop a player. that development happens during practice, not in a game.

I agree games are important but practice and repetitions develop and improve players.

I hear you. But not playing gets old quick. Because I agree kids will improve practicing with better players (if they are getting reps). However, they will not play in any tight game. It's okay to shorten the bench and play to win, especially at the elite team level. But a coach should reward hard work at practice and get the bottom half of the roster in for a shift or two. Not playing is unacceptable, again, in my opinion. If a coach does that he will bridge the development during practice by building confidence in the player. That combination will speed up the development of a player. A competent coach can do it, because if a kid isn't good to play, he is on the wrong team.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think practices are the MOST important part of club lax. Your kid improves at practices, not tourneys. Practice is where they are coached and learn skills. Tourneys are the gravy. I don't need another championship t shirt for my kid, I need him to be the best he can be at lax.

Disagree, respectfully.

On competitive travel teams, not every player is necessarily going to play the same amount, but part of your job as a coach is to develop every player on your team.

“It is a tenet of good coaching that you get kids into games,” writes Jim Thompson, founder and CEO of the Positive Coaching Alliance, a US Lacrosse national partner. “Most of the benefits of playing a sport are tied to competing in games.” www.uslacrosse.org/blog/good-coaches-get-players-into-games

Coach does have to develop a player. that development happens during practice, not in a game.

I agree games are important but practice and repetitions develop and improve players.

I hear you. But not playing gets old quick. Because I agree kids will improve practicing with better players (if they are getting reps). However, they will not play in any tight game. It's okay to shorten the bench and play to win, especially at the elite team level. But a coach should reward hard work at practice and get the bottom half of the roster in for a shift or two. Not playing is unacceptable, again, in my opinion. If a coach does that he will bridge the development during practice by building confidence in the player. That combination will speed up the development of a player. A competent coach can do it, because if a kid isn't good to play, he is on the wrong team.

But why might such a boy be "on the wrong team"? . You can say that a parent might have some complicity, but considering the lax 'expertise' of the team evaluators, most of the blame should be placed on them. As a business, they take some 'inappropriate' players to fill out the team and "pay the bills, when in reality they should pass over such players and continue to recruit 'appropriate' players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just a comment about the Chuck's vs Schwalje team. Both have good players. Fact is Chuck's team is smaller built on the offense and a couple of poles are very weak. Schwalje's boys are definitely bigger and the poles are excellent. The goalie on Chuck's team is way better than one of the goalies on Schwalje. Channy was not coaching Chuck's team on Wednesday. His other two coaches were. Igloo B is scrimmaging Chuck's team so we will see how they weather.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
chucks team didnt score a goal today in the scrimmage vs Igloo. Channy was there and not happy...They are a B- team at best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just a comment about the Chuck's vs Schwalje team. Both have good players. Fact is Chuck's team is smaller built on the offense and a couple of poles are very weak. Schwalje's boys are definitely bigger and the poles are excellent. The goalie on Chuck's team is way better than one of the goalies on Schwalje. Channy was not coaching Chuck's team on Wednesday. His other two coaches were. Igloo B is scrimmaging Chuck's team so we will see how they weather.

Word is igloo B spanked Chuck's team today

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We are not a B team.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
We are not a B team.

Please learn to use the "Quote" button - forum logins or not do change this problem!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chuck 2022 B minus team ur right

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Way to call out a 13 YO goalie.......dude, get a grip.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Word is igloo B spanked Chuck's team today

12-0....

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chucks picked up a few kids who did not play much on 91A and 91 Academy (Development Team), Outlaws B, and Legacee. Unless Channy drops AA players onto that team, they will struggle to even be on this list.

Top Teams (In any order)
Igloo AA
Express AA
91AA

Next Teams (In any order)
Outlaws A
91A
Igloo A
ExpressA (depending on who Channy drops onto this team)
LegaceeA (maybe)

All others. Outlaws wanna be AA, but they are clearly a top A team. IglooA and 91A are close to AA, some kids could make those teams, but they are not there yet. ExpressA - Who knows? Do they have 3 teams? 4 teams? Huge money grab. Everyone wanted to join after his WSYL win, but he is not adding to his AA because AA is all he focuses on.

Can't wait to see Legasseee AAA at their own Columbus Day tourney playing that brutal schedule - True Blue, E3 and LI Knights so that they can get crushed by Channy in the finals.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by adhrf20
We are not a B team.

Please learn to use the "Quote" button - forum logins or not do change this problem!

I am referring to Igloo... "Igloo B team spanked...". We are not a B team... call is "A" if you will but the team is much better then "B " level

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks Dad who is desperately needing to believe his son is on an "A" team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here, to make you feel better, Igloo 2nd team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That Igloo A (2nd team) is a very very good team.......better than United in their hay day before 9D1 messed those teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That Igloo A (2nd team) is a very very good team.......better than United in their hay day before 9D1 messed those teams.

Igloo B has 10 new players, why don't we give it a little time and see how three compete

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Here, to make you feel better, Igloo 2nd team.

That Igloo A (2nd team) is a very very good team.......better than United in their hay day before 9D1 messed those teams. [/quote

Absolutely! Thank you! We are a very well rounded team that will play tough against Express and 9D1.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Igloo B has 10 new players, why don't we give it a little time and see how three compete

United still around?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really - How many tournaments have they won, how many times have they beat their AA Team, Express Channy, 91 AA. United won the NXT Cup twice and many other AA tournaments. They ended up combining teams last year because they were winning tournaments and Smash was not.

As for this year 91AA is pretty much a new and better team with only about half left from last year and A has improved. Good Luck to all the teams, it should be a fun year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Talking ends Sunday, stick around after you get knocked out to watch the finals.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are you talking to?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So hilarious to see True Boo I mean Blue playing in the big dog bracket. They will be leaving with their tail between their legs. Pretty bold move Coach Bentz. Looking forward to watching them get humiliated out there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's fall ball everyone.......results of these fall tourneys are no indication how the team will do next July.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So hilarious to see True Boo I mean Blue playing in the big dog bracket. They will be leaving with their tail between their legs. Pretty bold move Coach Bentz. Looking forward to watching them get humiliated out there.

Why so negative? Stop hating!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not hating just stating facts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True Blue will be competitive with or beat igloo b and outlaws, would not surprise me to see therm in the finals

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True Blue will be competitive with or beat igloo b and outlaws, would not surprise me to see them in the finals

Did they legalize something good while I was sleeping off the Giants' loss yesterday? I know that there are a lot of Outlaws haters here, but there is no way Jet Blue would come within 5 goals of the pirates. Unfortunately, Jet Blue is playing Legaccceeeee instead of the pirates. I guess we will never know.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
It will be Legacy or Igloo vs Express in the A final and Express Shwalje vs Express Chucks in the other final.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by LaxFacts
It will be Legacy or Igloo vs Express in the A final and Express Shwalje vs Express Chucks in the other final.

Legaceeee takes it all !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As far as the CAA bracket I find it highly unlikely that Express Chuck advances to the finals after losing the first game. Probably will not be an actual Championship game as Express Schwalje's 3rd game will be between the two undefeated teams and instead of playing back to back games against one another will play game 3 for the Championship

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are you talking to?

Who are YOU talking to?? Learn to use the Quote button!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When you all have is one tune, you pretty much stick with that . . . it's pretty sad . . . .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As far as the CAA bracket I find it highly unlikely that Express Chuck advances to the finals after losing the first game. Probably will not be an actual Championship game as Express Schwalje's 3rd game will be between the two undefeated teams and instead of playing back to back games against one another will play game 3 for the Championship

Chucks should beat the Hitmen. It's the a lot of the same players that beat them at beach blast, plus some really good adds. I am sure Hitmen added as well. Express beat the Hitmen easy in the summer by 7 goals and that's a lot to make up. But it only counts on the field not on a blog. Best of luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Should be outlaws or legacee vs express in the finals. Legacee should be very strong this year, they were strong last year and picked up some very good players. Outlaws are similar to last year and igloo has too many new players to compete this early in the season, just my thoughts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Should be outlaws or legacee vs express in the finals. Legacee should be very strong this year, they were strong last year and picked up some very good players. Outlaws are similar to last year and igloo has too many new players to compete this early in the season, just my thoughts

It will be legaceee.. they have a soft schedule.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Blue in the FINALS? You're delusional for sure!!! Don't quit your day job troller 😂 Keep the jokes coming.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by LaxFacts

Your a dreamer ! That CHUCKS team sucks! They are not even a B team. Bottom line is Channy greed taking over and now the dumb parents feel the wrath!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets all be honest here. There is NO WAY Outlaws are beating Igloo AA, Express(channy), or 9d1 AA. They will struggle with Igloo A and Express Schwailje and Legassy. They are really not very good this year! The only major change for them is the new goalie.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just stating the facts huh? ..fact is your a tbag. you only hate because you think pink trout is better..go have fun over there with those clowns and the b team nonsense..bentz is awesome..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just stating the facts huh? ..fact is your a tbag. you only hate because you think pink trout is better..go have fun over there with those clowns and the b team nonsense..bentz is awesome..

Pink trout and clowns 🤡.? It's more like Jokers to the right and Bentz with his coolade drinking fools going down. See you on the side lines.

Page 14 of 45 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 44 45

Link Copied to Clipboard