SMITHFIELD, R.I. – Bryant University head men's lacrosse coach Mike Pressler is pleased to announce the addition of former Bulldog Travis Harrington as an assistant coach and the offensive coordinator for the 2017-18 season.

"Speaking for our entire program, I am absolutely thrilled to welcome back Travis Harrington to his alma mater as our new assistant lacrosse coach and offensive coordinator," Pressler said. "During his career as a Bryant Bulldog player, he was instrumental in leading our program through the transition from DII to DI, and in his senior year, helped lead his team to our first ever DI NEC Tournament title."

A 2012 Bryant grad, Harrington comes back to Smithfield after spending 2016-17 as the first assistant at the University of Hartford. He served as the offensive, recruiting and EMO coordinator with the Hawks. In addition, he was the positional coach for the attack, midfield, and face-off unit.

Under his tutelage, the Hawks finished third nationally in extra-man offense (.519 percent), 20th nationally in face-offs and 22nd nationally in offense (11.07 GPG). Harrington coached two All-America East selections at Hartford.

"Words cannot describe how honored, grateful, and thrilled I am to return to not only my alma mater but my fiancé's," Harrington said. "I would like to thank coach Pressler, Director of Athletics Bill Smith and President Machtley for this amazing opportunity."

Prior to his stint at Hartford, Harrington spent two seasons as the first assistant coach and offensive and EMO coordinator at Northeast Conference rival Robert Morris. In 2016, he oversaw a Colonial offense that finished 18th nationally with 11.33 goals per game and featured the nation's second-leading scorer in terms of goals per game. In his two years at RMU, Harrington coached eight All-NEC selections, three USILA North-South All-Stars and helped the Colonials reach the 2016 NEC Tournament.

Harrington also spent two seasons at Seton Hill, serving as an assistant coach and the offensive, EMO and recruiting coordinator. During his two seasons, Seton Hill produced five All-Americans, seven All-ECAC honors, an NCAA Division II Midfielder of the Year, an ECAC II Goalkeeper of the Year and an ECAC II Rookie of the Year. He also helped guide the Griffins to their first NCAA Tournament appearance in 2013, advancing to the quarterfinals.

Seton Hill finished as the top-ranked offense in the nation in 2013, averaging 15.56 goals per game under Harrington's watch. The Griffins were 13th-nationally in goals per game (12.25) and fifth nationally in extra-man offense in 2014.

"The commitment of Bryant's administration to the university, athletic department, and lacrosse programs advancement is apparent and absolutely incredible," Harrington said. "The mixture of elite academics, high-character people, a standard of excellence, and a beautiful community is why I love Bryant. I am eager to provide our student-athletes with the best experience of their lives, continue the programs strong success with competing on a national scale, and once again bleed Black and Gold!"

Harrington was a standout attackman for the Bulldogs from 2009-12. During his four-year career, he compiled 104 points, including 67 goals. Upon graduation, Harrington ranked ninth all-time at Bryant in goals scored and 10th in total points. He was selected to participate in the USILA/LaxWorld North-South game after his senior year. Harrington was also an NEC Academic Honor Roll selection in each of his four years at Bryant.

"I am convinced as a college lacrosse coach there is no one better to make a major impact on our team immediately than Coach Harrington," Pressler said. "Our players and alums will be so pleased and excited with this hire. I am so eager to get Travis up and running wearing the Black and Gold once again. In the end, he brings great value to the team and his ability to complement our coaching staff, both on the field and on the recruiting trail, will be tremendous!"