BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 26 of 101 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 100 101
Re: Boys 2024 - 6th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Complete morons. Madlax has played WP 5 times over the past two years....2 wins, 3 losses. Madlax has played Taz 6 times over the past 3 years....5 wins, 1 loss. Madlax has never lost to MD91. Madlax has played Bethesda at least 10 times over the past 3 years and has lost once. Let's just work off the facts and not "fake news".

And know teams have played this year so lets move on until they do. Great Showing at Elite 8 BTW.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bethesda picked up 4 holdbacks from the Club Blue 2023 that won HOCO AA last year - watch out for Bethesda - older, stronger, faster

Not trying to be confrontational just curious. So these 4 studs from Club Blue are repeating a grade this year or were they just playing up and now dropping to the appropriate grade? It seems some clubs are actually letting kids play "down" simply based on the fact that the player/family has an "intent" to reclassify.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bethesda picked up 4 holdbacks from the Club Blue 2023 that won HOCO AA last year - watch out for Bethesda - older, stronger, faster

Not trying to be confrontational just curious. So these 4 studs from Club Blue are repeating a grade this year or were they just playing up and now dropping to the appropriate grade? It seems some clubs are actually letting kids play "down" simply based on the fact that the player/family has an "intent" to reclassify.

And this is news to you just now . . . ?

The only similar situation worse than this are kids reclassifying based upon their intent to do 1 (or 2) PG year(s)!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This thread is much more entertaining when the new S2S Dad from Merrick is trying to convince everyone that they are and A team.
This is a LI topic who cares about Madlax...

Because we own you and there's nothing you can do about it.

You are the Machine?B-at best The Express kid will only play with you when Express not playing. Good luck on those days. Might drop to C.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only similar situation worse than this are kids reclassifying based upon their intent to do 1 (or 2) PG year(s)!

This is not news at all I am just curious how it is accomplished. My son plays for Brotherly Love 2024 and we played Bethesda at Elite Eight. We were down something like 6 goals to none within a quarter and were lucky to come back and beat them by a a single goal. However, I was struck by the age disparity between our team and theirs. I know for a fact we have two boys on the Brotherly Love 2024 team that are over age and have summer birthdays. But every other player is compliant with the US Lacrosse guidelines. We have all watched enough youth lacrosse to "know" when a kid is overage despite all the vehement objections that they aren't. Kids just move differently and more athletically as each year passes. Again, I was curious if 4 boys are dropping down...how is it being accomplished. Our team has gotten significantly better and the coaches added 5 new players but I don't believe we can compete with four 2023's reclassified.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is not news at all I am just curious how it is accomplished. My son plays for Brotherly Love 2024 and we played Bethesda at Elite Eight. We were down something like 6 goals to none within a quarter and were lucky to come back and beat them by a a single goal. However, I was struck by the age disparity between our team and theirs. I know for a fact we have two boys on the Brotherly Love 2024 team that are over age and have summer birthdays. But every other player is compliant with the US Lacrosse guidelines. We have all watched enough youth lacrosse to "know" when a kid is overage despite all the vehement objections that they aren't. Kids just move differently and more athletically as each year passes. Again, I was curious if 4 boys are dropping down...how is it being accomplished. Our team has gotten significantly better and the coaches added 5 new players but I don't believe we can compete with four 2023's reclassified.

I think that if a child was Born the year before but after the Sept 1st date then they are compliant with US Lacrosse guidelines, regardless of what grade they are in.So your two boys should play with the 2023's. And the 4 reclassifying boys in question should produce a birth certificate to be fairly able to play down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think that if a child was Born the year before but after the Sept 1st date then they are compliant with US Lacrosse guidelines, regardless of what grade they are in.So your two boys should play with the 2023's. And the 4 reclassifying boys in question should produce a birth certificate to be fairly able to play down.

In general, moving to an age-based system can't happen soon enough for pre-HS level boys and girls!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think age based is going to happen anytime soon. The stark reality is that the Clubs are dictating the landscaping. NXT and other companies are trying to start at 2026 and grandfather in the older clubs. My kids play soccer and they did it cold turkey, people were upset but they did it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In general, moving to an age-based system can't happen soon enough for pre-HS level boys and girls!

Never going to happen!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

The only similar situation worse than this are kids reclassifying based upon their intent to do 1 (or 2) PG year(s)![/quote]

[/quote]
I think that if a child was Born the year before but after the Sept 1st date then they are compliant with US Lacrosse guidelines, regardless of what grade they are in.So your two boys should play with the 2023's. And the 4 reclassifying boys in question should produce a birth certificate to be fairly able to play down.[/quote]

In general, moving to an age-based system can't happen soon enough for pre-HS level boys and girls![/quote]

Never going to happen![/quote]

It's already happening - probably won't impact the current crop of kids, but it's already happening.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whose playing in Columbus Day invitational?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Leg ga cee

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy and not many others.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy and not many others.

Express and Igloo wil be there

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Leg ga cee

I would hope they are gonna be there, it's their tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the gap between Taz/WP and everyone else will close a bit this year. I can only speak as to what I see in practices, but on my sons team kids that were good last year are still good and some of the kids that were a tier below have gotten better. Some have gone through a growth spurt and have gotten more confident and stepped up. May not see anyone take over the top 2 spots in this age group but may see different teams in the 3-5 spots with more competitive games with the top 2.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the gap between Taz/WP and everyone else will close a bit this year. I can only speak as to what I see in practices, but on my sons team kids that were good last year are still good and some of the kids that were a tier below have gotten better. Some have gone through a growth spurt and have gotten more confident and stepped up. May not see anyone take over the top 2 spots in this age group but may see different teams in the 3-5 spots with more competitive games with the top 2.

I hope you are right, the more comp. the Better...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M A D L A X

M

A

D

L

A

X

M A D L A X

M

A

D

L

A

X

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M A D L A X

M

A

D

L

A

X

M A D L A X

M

A

D

L

A

X

<yawn>

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

V - II

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I watched an Express North practice this pst weekend and was surprised to see only 1 coach for the team. He was good but it seemed like there were lots of missed teaching opportunities.

How many coaches are at the LI club team practices?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I watched an Express North practice this pst weekend and was surprised to see only 1 coach for the team. He was good but it seemed like there were lots of missed teaching opportunities.

One coach is not right unless something went wrong. There are exceptions but you pay a lot of money. There should always be an offense and defense coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One coach is not right unless something went wrong. There are exceptions but you pay a lot of money. There should always be an offense and defense coach.

Depends on the team. If you have a coach that is a high school coach, expect one coach s lot

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Sure is quiet now

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Spidalax
Sure is quiet now

It sure is.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by lordlaxington
Sure is quiet now

It sure is.

It's funny how people are quiet now that they have to register. I could use some amusement this morning.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by lordlaxington
Sure is quiet now

It sure is.

Madlax guy is no longer relevant! And that's a good thing!

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Any changes on the top 2024 LI teams? Before all of the voices were silenced, sounded like Express had some shake-up. WP, Taz, Igloo? Anybody else belong in that conversation this year??

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by laxdad365
Any changes on the top 2024 LI teams? Before all of the voices were silenced, sounded like Express had some shake-up. WP, Taz, Igloo? Anybody else belong in that conversation this year??

We won't know the facts until they all play. Not the facts, but my guess is a few will be facing off on Columbus Day in 11 days.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anonymous posting resumes. Let the fun begin again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Taz is the King of the 2024

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn't they lose to Eclipse in the Nlf semifinals???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn't they lose to Eclipse in the Nlf semifinals???

And Madlax at NXT

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No way Man it's Wolfpack and Express man

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express. HA. Such a comedian! The pack boys will continue to widen the gap this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express. HA. Such a comedian! The pack boys will continue to widen the gap this year.

Express has upgraded no doubt. Lets see if coaches actually commit, then they will begin to challenge.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express has upgraded no doubt. Lets see if coaches actually commit, then they will begin to challenge.

Watch out for one of the Outlaws teams. They lost a middie to Taz, but from what I heard it was addition by subtraction.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M A D L A X !!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Guys. Keep it real here. Not trying to stir the pot, but to this point, Express hasn't had the talent to compete with the top 2. Blame what ever you want, but player for player, Express doesn't come anywhere close to WP or Taz. The coach, and everyone, knows that. That's why he is bringing in new players where he can. The problem with that is, there aren't a bunch of really good players just sitting around waiting to play for Express, or any other team. So, not sure how that is all suppose to work. Guess we'll find out pretty soon. What tourneys had Express signed up for?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
express 2024 playing columbus day and octoberfest..then playing in DE at NALF

Page 26 of 101 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 100 101

Link Copied to Clipboard