BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 302 of 327 1 2 300 301 302 303 304 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
AB has been very fortunate to have a lot of talented players throughout the years. Most of these girls were NOT coached by him until they got to HS. He has been able to ride on their backs to these championships. As a coach himself, he is very average.

Except for the queen bee and spalina, they are all over rated. Just because you played in college doesn't make you a good coach

Those 2 are the best at recruiting talent. More salesman than
coaches. It works. They're not going to make your kid better though. They'll use them for as long as they're useful and replace them when they're not. Not saying that is good or bad, it's how it is.

Just so ignorant.If you think Spallina gets the best talent you are utterly clueless. Rarely do any of the top seniors from Long Island stay home and play in the Island and virtually unheard of for the top talent off the island to play on the Usland in college .Spallina dies more with less than any other college coach .Whats the highest ranked player coming out of high school that he has on that team.

Do you really think those rankings mean anything???

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AB has been very fortunate to have a lot of talented players throughout the years. Most of these girls were NOT coached by him until they got to HS. He has been able to ride on their backs to these championships. As a coach himself, he is very average.

Except for the queen bee and spalina, they are all over rated. Just because you played in college doesn't make you a good coach

coaches. It works. They're not going to make your kid better though. They'll use them for as long as they're useful and replace them when they're not. Not saying that is good or bad, it's how it is.

Just so ignorant.If you think Spallina gets the best talent you are utterly clueless. Rarely do any of the top seniors from Long Island stay home and play in the Island and virtually unheard of for the top talent off the island to play on the Usland in college .Spallina dies more with less than any other college coach .Whats the highest ranked player coming out of high school that he has on that team.

Do you really think those rankings mean anything???

They mean a little but not too much . That said SB does not get the top players from LI , they just don't .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He did the same thing at Adelphi, he just wins. He raises kids games, he bends playing rules (not recruitment rules), works officials is arrogant and disliked by his peers but bottom line is he is a winner at every level. There is no way SB should be part of the national discussion but they are

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Completely correct, he has achieved incredible heights with less profile players. But he has also raised eyebrows of the future with the current number 2 team in the country. He now has the top kids from Long Island visiting and at least looking at the program as an option which he never had before. Not saying he will land any of these top prospects but he has definitely built up some steam and interest. SBU is a tough sell, good academic school, but not really the nice campus, campus/student life experience most are looking for. The atheletic facilities and support are also miles away from what other schools offer. What will get him players is his personality, he is very charismatic and a great confidence builder. Now that his team is right in the mix of the very top teams, his recruiting will get easier and easier. Scary to think what this guy could do if he starts to land some of the top talent.

So, he's a good salesman? Not knocking the guy or the school, I hope my kid goes to a state school like SB. Just stating a fact. He sells the program.

Completely correct, he has achieved incredible heights with less profile players. But he has also raised eyebrows of the future with the current number 2 team in the country. He now has the top kids from Long Island visiting and at least looking at the program as an option which he never had before. Not saying he will land any of these top prospects but he has definitely built up some steam and interest. SBU is a tough sell, good academic school, but not really the nice campus, campus/student life experience most are looking for. The atheletic facilities and support are also miles away from what other schools offer. What will get him players is his personality, he is very charismatic and a great confidence builder. Now that his team is right in the mix of the very top teams, his recruiting will get easier and easier. Scary to think what this guy could do if he starts to land some of the top talent.

So, he's a good salesman? Not knocking the guy or the school, I hope my kid goes to a state school like SB. Just stating a fact. He sells the program.

Yes he is a good salesmen. I have been through the sit down meeting and negotiating with many coaches. They are all salesmen. So not only is he a better coach than most all the rest is is also a better salesmen/recruiter than the rest of them. Guy flat out has produced on the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And, I'd much rather be on SB campus than Hofstra to whoever posed that question. Campus wise, and academics, SB has much more to offer than Hofstra.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And, I'd much rather be on SB campus than Hofstra to whoever posed that question. Campus wise, and academics, SB has much more to offer than Hofstra.

SB has got to take the prize for most boring campus. No college town among other things.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He did the same thing at Adelphi, he just wins. He raises kids games, he bends playing rules (not recruitment rules), works officials is arrogant and disliked by his peers but bottom line is he is a winner at every level. There is no way SB should be part of the national discussion but they are

Question (coming from someone who is agnostic on SB), will he win once KO leaves?

There doesn't seem to be any top notch recruits heading there. As others have said, they seek better (however one defines that) environments off Long Island.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hofstra has no college town, is not as pretty, has worse housing on and off campus and danger lurks to the south and west-at best if not all around... Not looking to completely disparage Hofstra as I have no horse in the race, but believe the Hofstra platform for a coach to recruit to is in my mind no advantage over that of SB.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hofstra has no college town, is not as pretty, has worse housing on and off campus and danger lurks to the south and west-at best if not all around... Not looking to completely disparage Hofstra as I have no horse in the race, but believe the Hofstra platform for a coach to recruit to is in my mind no advantage over that of SB.

The property across from the Stony Brook train station is suppose to be developed into shops and I guess a small college town. The property next to The Bench.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Question (coming from someone who is agnostic on SB), will he win once KO leaves?

There doesn't seem to be any top notch recruits heading there. As others have said, they seek better (however one defines that) environments off Long Island.

Before KO there was someone else and interestingly enough she was not a top notch recruit out of High School. I do not personally put much into those rankings. Would be fun to go back and look at those HS rankings from four years ago. He seems like he has a system that players love and allows them to grow. He finds a way to get the most out of kids and I wish more schools were similiar( at least my daughters) lol

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think everyone will be surprised with the ability of the Freshman class. He also has the top 2020 recruit in the country committed (Goalie, just names by InsideLacrosse), who is not only an incredible goalie, but could probably start on the Stony Brook Basketball team as well as a Freshman (and I know that's a bold statement). He is committing girls from outside of Long Island now, and his roster is growing. Probably will carry Syracuse like numbers in a few years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]He did the same thing at Adelphi, he just wins. He raises kids games, he bends playing rules (not recruitment rules), works officials is arrogant and disliked by his peers but bottom line is he is a winner at every level. There is no way SB should be part of the national discussion but they are

I think everyone will be surprised with the ability of the Freshman class. He also has the top 2020 recruit in the country committed (Goalie, just names by InsideLacrosse), who is not only an incredible goalie, but could probably start on the Stony Brook Basketball team as well as a Freshman (and I know that's a bold statement). He is committing girls from outside of Long Island now, and his roster is growing. Probably will carry Syracuse like numbers in a few years.

JS also has a couple of 2020 YJ girls committed already.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those 20s besides pequa goalie are not big time recruits and will struggle to see field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was not named the top 2020 recruit in the country but nice try.Not even the best 2020 on her high school team.That said she is a very good goalie.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's an awful lot of BS in a couple of sentences!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
test

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Written like a parent who has yet to experience the college landscape. Trust me when I say all our kids were the cross-sport superstars in HS. College teams are loaded with HS players who are loaded with accolades. It means bubkus. I cringe when I read your statement about starting on the bball team as well. Just no. Stop.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thug Ball. YJ teams always are the tournament leader in red cards.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go watch badminton. Whimp

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ plays soccer now too?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]He also has the top 2020 recruit in the country committed (Goalie, just names by InsideLacrosse), who is not only an incredible goalie, but could probably start on the Stony Brook Basketball team as well as a Freshman (and I know that's a bold statement).

Wait are you saying there's a freshman on the Massapequa high school lax team that could start on the SBU women's hoops team in 4 years?!

I know there was a freshman hoops girls that was a 6-footer that was pretty good there.

If it's someone other than her that you're referring to then you are off the reservation.

Please tell me a kid wrote that and not a delusional adult.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But cry like babies when an opposing player touched them

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]He did the same thing at Adelphi, he just wins. He raises kids games, he bends playing rules (not recruitment rules), works officials is arrogant and disliked by his peers but bottom line is he is a winner at every level. There is no way SB should be part of the national discussion but they are

Wow. This is a text book case of delusional lacrosse parents. If that girl is as good as you say at basketball - we will never see her playing lacrosse at SBU. She will be playing basketball somewhere and getting a full-ride.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow. This is a text book case of delusional lacrosse parents. If that girl is as good as you say at basketball - we will never see her playing lacrosse at SBU. She will be playing basketball somewhere and getting a full-ride.

But will she be able to get a prom date?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But will she be able to get a prom date?

lol exactly

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

College coaches must love thug ball as much as your wife likes the plural.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]He also has the top 2020 recruit in the country committed (Goalie, just names by InsideLacrosse), who is not only an incredible goalie, but could probably start on the Stony Brook Basketball team as well as a Freshman (and I know that's a bold statement).

Wait are you saying there's a freshman on the Massapequa high school lax team that could start on the SBU women's hoops team in 4 years?!

I know there was a freshman hoops girls that was a 6-footer that was pretty good there.

If it's someone other than her that you're referring to then you are off the reservation.

Please tell me a kid wrote that and not a delusional adult.

HHH (from Philly) is top Sophomore in country, committed to SB. Great athlete, not sure about basketball skills, but has great athleticism (incredible vertical). Not sure who you all are confusing her with.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There doesn't seem to be any top notch recruits heading there. As
others have said, they seek better (however one defines that) environments off Long Island.

The top 2020 recruit in the country ? I need some of that '"medication" you are taking so I can deal in fantasy also. Sorry but I do not think SB has ever gotten a player considered a top recruit by anyone but Spallina . That said he gets more out of his players than any other coach out there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

others have said, they seek better (however one defines that) environments off Long Island.

The top 2020 recruit in the country ? I need some of that '"medication" you are taking so I can deal in fantasy also. Sorry but I do not think SB has ever gotten a player considered a top recruit by anyone but Spallina . That said he gets more out of his players than any other coach out there.

Haha, my daughter is the top recruit in the country too....in my eyes! Goalies are never the top recruit. They don't even play lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Question (coming from someone who is agnostic on SB), will he win once KO leaves

Haha, my daughter is the top recruit in the country too....in my eyes! Goalies are never the top recruit. They don't even play lacrosse.

Obviously you have never been between the pipes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Question (coming from someone who is agnostic on SB), will he win once KO leaves

The d-bag is on the pipe. Either riding it or smoking it or both.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like one of those goalie parents who pushed their kid into the hoop long ago because they really can't run. Then are now wondering why nobody is interested really interested in them for college. The lacrosse world is full of ball stoppers - but to be a goalie - they need to do something with that ball after they catch it. Those are the goalies.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How come after charging all that money for LAED YJs were too cheap to give out tee shirts to the bracket winners?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thug ball

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"How come after charging all that money for LAED YJs were too cheap to give out tee shirts to the bracket winners?"

Really??? I didn't even realize scores were being officially kept? It was 7v7 on a mini-cross field fall play day...

I did find it ironic that on a day recognizing eating disorders there were NO FOOD VENDORS at all. Kind of funny, though I know the condition itself is not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"How come after charging all that money for LAED YJs were too cheap to give out tee shirts to the bracket winners?"

Really??? I didn't even realize scores were being officially kept? It was 7v7 on a mini-cross field fall play day...

I did find it ironic that on a day recognizing eating disorders there were NO FOOD VENDORS at all. Kind of funny, though I know the condition itself is not.

What % went to the cause, and what % went into CR bank account is what I'd like to know!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is she charging per kid to play in the $600 per team 7 v 7 tournament in Farmingdale this weekend?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is she charging per kid to play in the $600 per team 7 v 7 tournament in Farmingdale this weekend?

$90*15 girls=1350

Another YJ money grab! After paying coaches she'll walk with about 3000$ in her pocket

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why no A team players in the Farmindale Tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why no A team players in the Farmindale Tournament.

Mostly A and B on the 2021 team. Not sure about the other ages

Like Reply Quote
Page 302 of 327 1 2 300 301 302 303 304 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard