BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 72 1 2 3 71 72
Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey
TM@BOTC Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Discuss the top boy's club teams in New Jersey

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the top 2023 teams in Jersey?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Tri-State Shore

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NJ Riot

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tri-State Shore

Didn't they lose a number of players to LeadingEdge Elite?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tri-State Shore

1) BBL
2) Tri-State Shore
3) Mad Dog
4) Tri-State Black
5) LeadingEdge Elite

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tri-State Shore

Didn't they lose a number of players to LeadingEdge Elite?

Don't know, PA poster who has played numerous NJ teams and Shore seemed to be the best of the bunch. They had some pretty dominant middies, if they lost one of them then yea it might be a different team. Never seen BBL,

Thought Blue Star showed some promise as well. I would rank them ahead of Mad Dog or Tri-State Black.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New jersey has lacrosse??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New jersey has lacrosse??

Yep, and too many clubs for the number of good players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BBL Helix 2023 & 2024 win the championship at the Blatant Fall Jam! There should be a thread started for BBL Elite.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BBL Helix 2023 & 2024 win the championship at the Blatant Fall Jam! There should be a thread started for BBL Elite.

Slow down your 2023 didn't play Igloo, 91 Warriors or S2s and your 24s played 24/25 teams. Brooklyn Crescents show up at town events and don't win. Not saying it wasn't a good showing but come on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Slow down your 2023 didn't play Igloo, 91 Warriors or S2s and your 24s played 24/25 teams. Brooklyn Crescents show up at town events and don't win. Not saying it wasn't a good showing but come on.

We played the teams we had to play and beat everyone by 7+ goals. I think we would match up well against the teams you mentioned.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We played the teams we had to play and beat everyone by 7+ goals. I think we would match up well against the teams you mentioned.

Don't make a stupid post about winning a division (Not a Championship) and beating a team that loses to Jackson, NJ rec team 10 - 2. BBL is a good club we get it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are clearly a hater. What team are you speaking on behalf of? All that I was stating is the BBL should be considered in the conversation of being one of the Top Clubs in NJ. Not saying that we are the best but from top to bottom, we produce several college commitments and the middle school teams are competitive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are clearly a hater. What team are you speaking on behalf of? All that I was stating is the BBL should be considered in the conversation of being one of the Top Clubs in NJ. Not saying that we are the best but from top to bottom, we produce several college commitments and the middle school teams are competitive.

BBL was listed at the top NJ 2023 team. read the prior post. Come on Mom, you can't post if you're not willing to take a little crap

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BBL was listed at the top NJ 2023 team. read the prior post. Come on Mom, you can't post if you're not willing to take a little crap

This is great! We need more people like the mom and you posting on the NJ Forum, it's too quiet when we have probably the 2nd most club teams behind Long Island

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is great! We need more people like the mom and you posting on the NJ Forum, it's too quiet when we have probably the 2nd most club teams behind Long Island

How do we get a club in NJ to run a tournament that includes all the NJ teams? Should be enough teams to create an A & B bracket at multiple ages? Kid play each other in the Spring but don't see each much in travel.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will see BBL and Riot this weekend up in Lehigh @ 2022 will let you know how they are.

BBL is from my experience damn good especially with the FOGO they have.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Will see BBL and Riot this weekend up in Lehigh @ 2022 will let you know how they are.

That would be great. I know BBL is sending this 2022 team to the WSYL so I am curious to see how they match up vs the Riot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will be relocating from DC area to Monmouth County, NJ.. Son is a 2023 middie, playing high-level travel for 3 years. Any good recommendations for club teams. Have no problem driving 30 mins..

Any help would be great.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Will be relocating from DC area to Monmouth County, NJ.. Son is a 2023 middie, playing high-level travel for 3 years. Any good recommendations for club teams. Have no problem driving 30 mins..

Any help would be great.

Based on the level of the clubs and proximity to you, I would recommend anyone of these clubs: Leading Edge, Tri-State and United Lacrosse runs a solid program but no where near as elite as Leading Edge and a step behind Tristate. Hope this helps & best of luck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by NJLaxr

Any help would be great.

Based on the level of the clubs and proximity to you, I would recommend anyone of these clubs: Leading Edge, Tri-State and United Lacrosse runs a solid program but no where near as elite as Leading Edge and a step behind Tristate. Hope this helps & best of luck.

Thank you.. What about NJLC or Mad Dog?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Surprised no one mentioning the merger between NJ's Leading Edge and Team91

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That would be great. I know BBL is sending this 2022 team to the WSYL so I am curious to see how they match up vs the Riot.

BBL beat Riot handily. Leading Edge was best team and best BBL 6-3.

Leading Edge look suspiciously big - like way too old big.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BBL beat Riot handily. Leading Edge was best team and best BBL 6-3.

Leading Edge look suspiciously big - like way too old big.

12 to 14 holdbacks on Leading Edge.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"We wanted you to be the first to know about the forthcoming merger between Leading Edge Athletics, LLC and Team 91 (aka Dynamic Sports Marketing). The new entity will be Dynamic Sports Marketing New Jersey."

How is the merger going to impact Leading Edge? They had a nice program, does becoming another piece in the Team 91 machine hurt them?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would not let my son play for BBL but they are fielding the most competitive teams in NJ right now. Some of their coaching staff is horrible. Some. Just there to punch a time card. Dopey guys who spend more time on their phone than focusing on the kids. Blue Star was looking to have something very special but they are getting greedy. The buzz has been really bad as of late.

Whoever mentioned the 23 Shore team just gave out a golden nugget.

There's another team which is on my radar but I will keep it to myself. Sorry. Won't let this rabbit out of my hat.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BBL Black 2023 barely beat 2 B level teams at KOTM and lost twice to the only A level team in their division.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would not let my son play for BBL but they are fielding the most competitive teams in NJ right now. Some of their coaching staff is horrible. Some. Just there to punch a time card. Dopey guys who spend more time on their phone than focusing on the kids. Blue Star was looking to have something very special but they are getting greedy. The buzz has been really bad as of late.

Whoever mentioned the 23 Shore team just gave out a golden nugget.

There's another team which is on my radar but I will keep it to myself. Sorry. Won't let this rabbit out of my hat.

Einstein is your little rabbit Mad Dog, Tri-State Shore or LeadingEdge South? Tri-State Shore is Exit 109 only, 23s are good other teams not so great. Mad Dog brings in some great coaches but still young program. Needs to expand their footprint to compete with larger programs. Leading Edge south is a joke. Will be gone once Team 91 sees the product on the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I appreciate the kind words but Mad Dog is not on my radar and I was only referring to Shore 23. The best 23 squad in NJ is BBL - but it is barely an A team. All the rest are B and below. Just not enough talent to go around. Sorry.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I appreciate the kind words but Mad Dog is not on my radar and I was only referring to Shore 23. The best 23 squad in NJ is BBL - but it is barely an A team. All the rest are B and below. Just not enough talent to go around. Sorry.

B and below...how did you come to that conclusion

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not saying that there are no A players. There are plenty. Just spread out over a lot of different teams. There are very few true A 23 teams. Unless you can be competitive with 91 Bandits - seriously compete - then you are not an A team. If you can't sit at the table with serious teams from LI or MD then you are just filler for brackets. Just because a coach put a team in an A bracket doesn't mean they are an A team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree but I would argue that in a couple of years, playing in the A division (even though the team is not worthy of playing there), can help players get exposure and it could help those A players play against better talent. But at this point in time (7th grade), it does no good like you said.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would rather see happy kids. They really don't care who they beat as long as they win. I'm not sure what is to be learned by getting stomped on by a team that practices year round 2 to 3 times a week. A team of NJ hold backs can't even compete against good Long Island teams.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I would rather see happy kids. They really don't care who they beat as long as they win. I'm not sure what is to be learned by getting stomped on by a team that practices year round 2 to 3 times a week. A team of NJ hold backs can't even compete against good Long Island teams.

I don't think an Entire Team of hold backs would 'not' even compete against a LI Team...NJ has excellent players and some are just as good, if not better and it is about matchups. There are just too teams spread thin where on LI, the teams are more stacked with a lot more parity at least at the elite level.

Back to the 91/Leading Edge Merger - How is this going to help 91 and/or NJ Lax? IMO, Leading Edge was/is already a strong program so I don't see why they would 1) want to give up stake in their company and 2) how this is going to help build NJ Lax. This is obviously great for 91 as they will now be able to tap into the NJ market strengthening their bottom line, their brand and to help feed their events. Anyone have thoughts about this?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was intrigued by the press release -- but Leading Edge has such a bad reputation right now. I don't know any strong players who would want to play for their youth teams. It's all about BBL right now - but that will change.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I was intrigued by the press release -- but Leading Edge has such a bad reputation right now. I don't know any strong players who would want to play for their youth teams. It's all about BBL right now - but that will change.

Thanks for the insight. I do agree that BBL is the it club right now and that the acquisition can lead to something good. It will be interesting to see where this goes and what happens.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It will be interesting to see how BBL23 Black does against Dukes Nationals tomorrow at Victory.

Like Reply Quote
(NA) Re: Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
It will be interesting to see how BBL23 Black does against Dukes Nationals tomorrow at Victory.

Ohhh Smack Talk!!! That should be a good game but I think Dukes Nationals gets the W but we shall see

Like Reply Quote
(NA) Re: Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have to agree with that. Too bad Brotherly Love is not in the bracket. Would have loved to see how they match up.

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 72 1 2 3 71 72
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard