BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 45 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 44 45
Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Channy AA
Schwalje A
Chuck B+
OReilly B

I heard they are only doing 3 teams and they will have approx. 28 kids per team. NO THANKS! What a money grab !

It's the LI E Way! A fool and his money are soon parted!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Channy AA
Schwalje A
Chuck B+
OReilly B

Ha ha, kidding right? Express is great, if your kid makes the A team the he is exceptional, if he makes the B team he is great. If your son is on the next two teams then he should be looking at a different sport. Just sayin

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Channy AA
Schwalje A
Chuck B+
OReilly B

Why would anyone want to play for the Chuck team? Now you have Channy and Lynott coaching so everyone pays. They will leave and the 2 kids will take over till their season starts. Then Joe K will take over.

Channy AA
Schwalje A
Chuck B+
OReilly B

Why would anyone want to play for the Chuck team? Now you have Channy and Lynott coaching so everyone pays. They will leave and the 2 kids will take over till their season starts. Then Joe K will take over.

Channy AA
Schwalje A
Chuck B+
OReilly B

Well, K is in the wind and kid is not on the roster.

Both teams practiced last night on the same same field. Very clear where the Chucks stand in pecking order. Keep believing what you want.

Keep stirring the pot.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Channy AA
Schwalje A
Chuck B+
OReilly B

So what team does your son play for? Saw the Chucks team practicing last night and they looked pretty darn good. They have some really good players on that team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard they are only doing 3 teams and they will have approx. 28 kids per team. NO THANKS! What a money grab ! [/quote]

What club isn't a money grab?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard they are only doing 3 teams and they will have approx. 28 kids per team. NO THANKS! What a money grab !

[/quote]

The ones that charge half of what the to programs do . . .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The ones that charge half of what the to programs do . . . [/quote]

Half the price gets you daddy ball coaching, mediocre tourneys, bottom roster kids who cant catch/ throw and only 2/3 the practices.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Half the price gets you daddy ball coaching, mediocre tourneys, bottom roster kids who cant catch/ throw and only 2/3 the practices.
[/quote]

You keep telling yourself that - my kids have never had a daddy coach, and there was never kids who couldn't catch and throw. Personally, during the fall I only want a practice every other week and I don't want any fall tourneys - my boys are playing football 5+ days a week! During the winter, they'll do winter workouts with their lax team 1x per wk for 10 wks, but they're playing basketball and wrestling. Again, I don't want spring tourneys as they play school ball already 5x per wk and they are practicing at least every other wk with club until May. But you keep ramming that down your kids' throats. Sometime less is more!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No chuck team last night only 2022 channy and schwalje and younger team kids were small prob 23s not AJ team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You keep telling yourself that - my kids have never had a daddy coach, and there was never kids who couldn't catch and throw. Personally, during the fall I only want a practice every other week and I don't want any fall tourneys - my boys are playing football 5+ days a week! During the winter, they'll do winter workouts with their lax team 1x per wk for 10 wks, but they're playing basketball and wrestling. Again, I don't want spring tourneys as they play school ball already 5x per wk and they are practicing at least every other wk with club until May. But you keep ramming that down your kids' throats. Sometime less is more![/quote]

You've got your kids playing football 5 times a week?!?!? You can stop talking now, no interest in anything you have to say. Apparently you're still living in 1985. Maybe you haven't heard by now that football has a direct correlation with serious brain trauma. Anyone who would allow their child to participate in that brutal sport might as well keep all of their opinions to themselves as they are totally worthless. You should read the BU study immediately.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No chuck team last night only 2022 channy and schwalje and younger team kids were small prob 23s not AJ team

Wrong! All three were out there. That 10000% accurate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well it's why some people purchase a Toyota and some purchase a Lexus. I drive a Toyota, point is the consumer can buy what he or she wants to buy. The point I'll agree with is roster size. 8 mids, 6 poles, 6 attack is ideal for club, in my opinion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry, you must have mixed up Channy with Chucks! That should tell you where Schwalje team stands. Channy split his time with his teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i watched for a bit. Channy WSYL team kids can play. If that was the Chucks team you should run away. They are small and could not catch and throw. Schwalje team looked good w/ stick skills etc...My son practiced before them and hung around for a bit while he hung with some friends chatting..Please stop with this Chuck team..HE will NEVER be there..Great Channy was there..Doesnt mean a thing..You just wasted ur money on that team..Truth hurts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i watched for a bit. Channy WSYL team kids can play. If that was the Chucks team you should run away. They are small and could not catch and throw. Schwalje team looked good w/ stick skills etc...My son practiced before them and hung around for a bit while he hung with some friends chatting..Please stop with this Chuck team..HE will NEVER be there..Great Channy was there..Doesnt mean a thing..You just wasted ur money on that team..Truth hurts

So funny, Channy has not missed one practice yet but you are correct about one thing..... Schwalje's team is shockingly small less 2 kids. The truth does hurt my friend

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
channy wont miss a practicew where is CHUCK? Oh thats right he will never be there...No skin in the game but you are being taken for a ride dude...Get off while u can. The two other teams besides Channy and Schwalje 2022s were small and could not really catch and throw..Like i said semmed like 23s

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You keep telling yourself that - my kids have never had a daddy coach, and there was never kids who couldn't catch and throw. Personally, during the fall I only want a practice every other week and I don't want any fall tourneys - my boys are playing football 5+ days a week! During the winter, they'll do winter workouts with their lax team 1x per wk for 10 wks, but they're playing basketball and wrestling. Again, I don't want spring tourneys as they play school ball already 5x per wk and they are practicing at least every other wk with club until May. But you keep ramming that down your kids' throats. Sometime less is more!

You've got your kids playing football 5 times a week?!?!? You can stop talking now, no interest in anything you have to say. Apparently you're still living in 1985. Maybe you haven't heard by now that football has a direct correlation with serious brain trauma. Anyone who would allow their child to participate in that brutal sport might as well keep all of their opinions to themselves as they are totally worthless. You should read the BU study immediately.[/quote]

In case you've been living under a rock, ALL MS and HS sports teams practice or play games 5 - 6 times a wk. You either play a play a school sport or you don't - football, like every other sport in MS is M- F. You can choose to not have your son play, but critiquing all the parents of the ~3M US youth football players as having no basis to speak is probably not going to get YOU much respect. And perhaps you probably haven't noticed the fairly large overlap of football and lacrosse players, so you are basically alienating a MAJORITY of people on this board with your 'assessment'. Thus, you end up on the short end of that basis for your argument; based upon THAT, most would think YOU, not me, should keep your opinions to yourself. And, having played football all the way through the NCAA level, as well as coaching football and lacrosse at the youth level, I've got more to offer on this topic than your casual, at-a-distance reading about it. Lastly, I've already read the study, and this is an 8th grade board - the BU study particularly focuses on the effects of playing before the age of 12 - what age are typical eighth graders in NY??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You've got your kids playing football 5 times a week?!?!? You can stop talking now, no interest in anything you have to say. Apparently you're still living in 1985. Maybe you haven't heard by now that football has a direct correlation with serious brain trauma. Anyone who would allow their child to participate in that brutal sport might as well keep all of their opinions to themselves as they are totally worthless. You should read the BU study immediately.[/quote]

You are such a moron!!!! What rock do you and your kid live under????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In case you've been living under a rock, ALL MS and HS sports teams practice or play games 5 - 6 times a wk. You either play a play a school sport or you don't - football, like every other sport in MS is M- F. You can choose to not have your son play, but critiquing all the parents of the ~3M US youth football players as having no basis to speak is probably not going to get YOU much respect. And perhaps you probably haven't noticed the fairly large overlap of football and lacrosse players, so you are basically alienating a MAJORITY of people on this board with your 'assessment'. Thus, you end up on the short end of that basis for your argument; based upon THAT, most would think YOU, not me, should keep your opinions to yourself. And, having played football all the way through the NCAA level, as well as coaching football and lacrosse at the youth level, I've got more to offer on this topic than your casual, at-a-distance reading about it. Lastly, I've already read the study, and this is an 8th grade board - the BU study particularly focuses on the effects of playing before the age of 12 - what age are typical eighth graders in NY??[/quote]

I understand that it's an 8th grade board but thanks for explaining that as well as how MS and HS sports work. Did your son just start playing this year? I seriously doubt that. Given the self selection of who reads and posts on this board, I bet it's safe to guess you had your son playing tackle at the first opportunity - 3rd grade. Tell me I'm wrong. And if I am wrong, then why didn't he play tackle in 3rd grade? I'm sure he was playing lax back then.

I am absolutely fine alienating all 3 million of those kids' parents. I guarantee you that you are in the MINORITY. I live in one of the major lax towns on the Island and the vast MAJORITY of the MS and HS lacrosse players play soccer or run cross country in the Fall. My son is also on one of the best club teams in this age group, which draws from towns all over, and only 3 out of the 22 boys on his team play football. Anytime it has come up in conversation with those three parents, I've told them straight to their faces how I feel about it.

Finally, I would venture to guess that for most of the people reading this post, their sons have a significantly higher chance of playing college lacrosse than football. Why waste time with a sport where the downside (brain injuries and other physical issues) is so much greater than the upside? Life is hard enough with a functioning brain.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe if your kid learned at an early age how to tackle you wouldnt be so worried abt concussions..By the way dummy...more kids get concussions in soccer than football.FACT look it up... please look it up...get off your soap box NO ONE CARES WHAT U THINK! just ur loser opinion

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's fine that you have your strongly stated opinions about football.And it is a sport that is prone to a lot injuries. Major steps are being taking by all the stakeholders (NFL down to youth) to improve player safety and protect all the players. Which is a lot more than lax. Lax lets 14 year olds play 12 year olds. I can argue that a young lax player vs a holdback is as open to injury risk as any football player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's fine that you have your strongly stated opinions about football.And it is a sport that is prone to a lot injuries. Major steps are being taking by all the stakeholders (NFL down to youth) to improve player safety and protect all the players. Which is a lot more than lax. Lax lets 14 year olds play 12 year olds. I can argue that a young lax player vs a holdback is as open to injury risk as any football player.

That's one of the major criticisms of the BU study - they are giving forward looking advice for youth play based upon the effects of players that used older equipment, rules, and guidance on head injury awareness. It's truly not an apples to apples comparison.

As for the other comment about the football - lax crossover, we are one of the stronger programs in Class C, and to a person, of our 2021s that play club lacrosse, every one of them plays football (and all but one wrestle). The same picture plays out in the next school district over - I grew up there and know the program almost as well as our own.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

[/quote]

You keep telling yourself that - my kids have never had a daddy coach, and there was never kids who couldn't catch and throw. Personally, during the fall I only want a practice every other week and I don't want any fall tourneys - my boys are playing football 5+ days a week! During the winter, they'll do winter workouts with their lax team 1x per wk for 10 wks, but they're playing basketball and wrestling. Again, I don't want spring tourneys as they play school ball already 5x per wk and they are practicing at least every other wk with club until May. But you keep ramming that down your kids' throats. Sometime less is more![/quote]

In case you've been living under a rock, ALL MS and HS sports teams practice or play games 5 - 6 times a wk. You either play a play a school sport or you don't - football, like every other sport in MS is M- F. You can choose to not have your son play, but critiquing all the parents of the ~3M US youth football players as having no basis to speak is probably not going to get YOU much respect. And perhaps you probably haven't noticed the fairly large overlap of football and lacrosse players, so you are basically alienating a MAJORITY of people on this board with your 'assessment'. Thus, you end up on the short end of that basis for your argument; based upon THAT, most would think YOU, not me, should keep your opinions to yourself. And, having played football all the way through the NCAA level, as well as coaching football and lacrosse at the youth level, I've got more to offer on this topic than your casual, at-a-distance reading about it. Lastly, I've already read the study, and this is an 8th grade board - the BU study particularly focuses on the effects of playing before the age of 12 - what age are typical eighth graders in NY??[/quote]

BTW, way to go on a tangent - regardless of what sport a kid is playing in the fall (and winter I and winter II!), they still have 5 practices/games per week!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe if your kid learned at an early age how to tackle you wouldnt be so worried abt concussions..By the way dummy...more kids get concussions in soccer than football.FACT look it up... please look it up...get off your soap box NO ONE CARES WHAT U THINK! just ur loser opinion

You can teach your son how to "tackle the right way" but it's kind of difficult to teach him how to "get" tackled the right way.

You keep calling me a loser and a moron but that doesn't really push your argument forward. All you're really accomplishing is calling an anonymous person names, I'm not really sure what the point of that is. I'm also not sure why you're so upset with me but I'll guess that I've hit a nerve b/c you know what I'm saying is valid.

I never bothered talking about soccer because you didn't say your kid plays soccer 5 times a week. Soccer has it's own problems in that the sport just generally sucks but let's not get sidetracked with that. This whole thread started b/c you said that you wanted less of a Fall lacrosse program for your son b/c he's too busy playing football.

You act as if I'm taking some kind of crazy, controversial position on this when it's actually the other way around. Football is dying on the vine at the youth level. Boxing was also once a really popular sport in this country.

As far as NO ONE caring what I think (thanks for capitalizing that!), I disagree, I think at least one other person cares: YOU

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So funny, Channy has not missed one practice yet but you are correct about one thing..... Schwalje's team is shockingly small less 2 kids. The truth does hurt my friend

They are not small. You must have looked at the 2024 team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BTW, way to go on a tangent - regardless of what sport a kid is playing in the fall (and winter I and winter II!), they still have 5 practices/games per week![/quote]

Let's give him a bit of a break, this guy played football all his life, it's impressive enough that he was able to write a somewhat coherent paragraph.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a lacrosse board - right?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Think his wife wrote that for him 🏈

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Think his wife wrote that for him 🏈

Which post? Really - is using the Quote button that hard??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On the topic of express. I am a little confused. As always Chaney recruits as many players as he can then takes an A team of 35 and over the course of the year narrows it down to the top 16 who will play. If you are in the top 16 that's great, if you are on that team it's great. If you know your child is in th bottom 15, move on. Then you have the B team, if your kid is a B player hen express is great. If your kid is on the C or D team then get him on a good B team elsewhere or he should play a different sport

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On the topic of express. I am a little confused. As always Chaney recruits as many players as he can then takes an A team of 35 and over the course of the year narrows it down to the top 16 who will play. If you are in the top 16 that's great, if you are on that team it's great. If you know your child is in th bottom 15, move on. Then you have the B team, if your kid is a B player hen express is great. If your kid is on the C or D team then get him on a good B team elsewhere or he should play a different sport

You don't sound confused. Move on to a 2nd tier club that doesn't practice, the doesn't respond to emails. At least every Express team practices.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You don't sound confused. Move on to a 2nd tier club that doesn't practice, the doesn't respond to emails. At least every Express team practices.

The idea that any clubs beyond the top few don't practice enough (what is "enough"?!) and/or don't respond is complete load of sh*t - there are teams from all tiers, inlcuding the top (!), that are both good and bad about communicating as well as practicing more or less!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You must have a kid on the C or D team. Yes practice is important, unfortunately if your kid is on one of those teams he is probably working on his catching and throwing. Maybe, try baseball instead.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think practices are the MOST important part of club lax. Your kid improves at practices, not tourneys. Practice is where they are coached and learn skills. Tourneys are the gravy. I don't need another championship t shirt for my kid, I need him to be the best he can be at lax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You must have a kid on the C or D team. Yes practice is important, unfortunately if your kid is on one of those teams he is probably working on his catching and throwing. Maybe, try baseball instead.

Again, you don't sound confused. Just sharing your opinion on a topic that you are dangerously ignorant.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And what does your son need?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bingo!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think practices are the MOST important part of club lax. Your kid improves at practices, not tourneys. Practice is where they are coached and learn skills. Tourneys are the gravy. I don't need another championship t shirt for my kid, I need him to be the best he can be at lax.

Disagree, respectfully.

On competitive travel teams, not every player is necessarily going to play the same amount, but part of your job as a coach is to develop every player on your team.

“It is a tenet of good coaching that you get kids into games,” writes Jim Thompson, founder and CEO of the Positive Coaching Alliance, a US Lacrosse national partner. “Most of the benefits of playing a sport are tied to competing in games.” www.uslacrosse.org/blog/good-coaches-get-players-into-games

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Disagree, respectfully.

On competitive travel teams, not every player is necessarily going to play the same amount, but part of your job as a coach is to develop every player on your team.

“It is a tenet of good coaching that you get kids into games,” writes Jim Thompson, founder and CEO of the Positive Coaching Alliance, a US Lacrosse national partner. “Most of the benefits of playing a sport are tied to competing in games.” www.uslacrosse.org/blog/good-coaches-get-players-into-games

Coach does have to develop a player. that development happens during practice, not in a game.

I agree games are important but practice and repetitions develop and improve players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bingo!

He has what he needs, great club and a great coach.

My son is the one who wants to play club lax.

I have no problem (OK maybe little!) with investing a lot of time and money into something he wants to do.

But, I expect him to work hard and be the best he can be.

Page 13 of 45 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 44 45

Link Copied to Clipboard