BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 69 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 68 69
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2012/Spring 2013
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
All of the Predators are class of 2017.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by stich2681
Its the first time for the Predators to play together. They are mostly from Bronxville and Rye. Good luck everyone. Which is the Express A team - Terps or Piranahs? Is it the same for both 2017 and 2018?

The Terps are the A team for both 2017 and 2018
The Piranhas are the B team for 2017, not sure about 2018

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The schedule for the MLK tourney says 2017 Terps B. Is there more than one Terps team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The schedule for the MLK tourney says 2017 Terps B. Is there more than one Terps team?

Does not say Terps B, Just another parent trying to start a something that is not there...... Here is the scedule

MLK TOURNAMENT FF Standings
GP W L T GF GA PTS GD WP
2017 Terps 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.00
2017 Jesters 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.00
Predators 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.00
2017 Piranha 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.00
2018 Terps 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.00
Team LI 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.00

MLK TOURNAMENT FF Schedule
Date Home Away Time/Status Venue Game Type Officials
Mon-Jan 21 2017 Jesters v 2017 Terps 8:00 AM Large Turf 1 Regular-Bracket 1
Mon-Jan 21 2017 Piranha v 2018 Terps 8:50 AM Large Turf 1 Regular-Bracket 2
Mon-Jan 21 Predators v 2017 Jesters 9:40 AM Large Turf 1 Regular
Mon-Jan 21 2018 Terps v Team LI 10:30 AM Large Turf 1 Regular-Bracket 2
Mon-Jan 21 Predators v 2017 Terps 11:20 AM Large Turf 1 Regular-Bracket 1
Mon-Jan 21 Team LI v 2017 Piranha 12:10 PM Large Turf 1 Regular-Bracket 2
Mon-Jan 21 Consolation v Consolation 1:00 PM Large Turf 1 Regular
Mon-Jan 21 1st Bracket One v 2nd Bracket Two 1:50 PM Large Turf 1 Regular
Mon-Jan 21 1st Bracket Two v 2nd Bracket One 2:40 PM Large Turf 1 Regular
Mon-Jan 21 Championship v Championship 3:30 PM Large Turf 1 Regular

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i saw both teams play this fall... there is a significant drop in talent from the 2017 Express terps team and the piranhas team.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wolverines are B team for 2018 Express

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Results from games played on January 19th is Week #2 at the Long Island Sports Hub Indoor League (Session II) :

Long Island Storm and North Shore Black Knights Draw, 5-5
Daler Nation and North Shore Midshipmen Draw, 10-10
Long Island Tomahawks over Rough Riders, 12-1

Standings After Week Two

GP W L T GF GA PTS GD
Long Island Tomahawks 2 2 0 0 22 9 6 13
North Shore Midshipmen 1 0 0 1 10 10 1 0
Long Island Storm 1 0 0 1 5 5 1 0
North Shore Black Knights 1 0 0 1 5 5 1 0
DalerNation 2 0 1 1 18 20 1 -2
Rough Riders 1 0 1 0 1 12 0 -11

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just heard Coach C doesn't have the real 2017 Terps at the tournament today. I heard every starter was asked to stay home. Makes no sense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Never heard of any team doing this before for a tourney. Interesting. Also heard some of the team are doing seperate practices. Bizarro.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just heard Coach C doesn't have the real 2017 Terps at the tournament today. I heard every starter was asked to stay home. Makes no sense.

Makes perfect sense. It's a great way to develop the non-starters who otherwise get limited playing time. And, quite frankly; the starters have nothing to prove against that line up of entered teams.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Makes perfect sense. It's a great way to develop the non-starters who otherwise get limited playing time. And, quite frankly; the starters have nothing to prove against that line up of entered teams.

Looked like the later games they were down about 6 kids. There was 17 there today for games 2 on, 23 on the team I think. I didn't see the first game but they lost to the Jesters so they may have started with less and called in a few to make sure they got the wins the rest of the way.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Game Results from the Monday, January 21st MLK Tournament at the Long Island Sports Hub.

Group Play Results

2017 Jesters over 2017 Terps, 7-5
2018 Terps over 2017 Piranha, 13-4
2017 Jesters over Predators, 10-9, Overtime
2018 Terps over Team LI, 7-4
2017 Terps double Predators, 10-5
Team LI over 2017 Piranha, 10-1
Team LI edges 2017 Jesters, 6-5
2017 Terps double 2018 Terps, 12-6

Standings

2017 Terps 2W-1L, +9
Team LI 2W-1L, +7
2018 Terps 2W-1L, +6
2017 Jesters 2W-1L, +2
Predators 0W-2L
2017 Piranha 0W-2L

Championship Final

2017 Terps over Team LI, 9-3

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Commentary on the Tournament : Was that 12-6 win for the 2017 Terps the game that cost the 2018 Terps a replay in the championship final due to goal differential? Now, it was probably a good thing that Team LI played the 2017 Terps in the last match, but just an observation on how it played out!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looked like the later games they were down about 6 kids. There was 17 there today for games 2 on, 23 on the team I think. I didn't see the first game but they lost to the Jesters so they may have started with less and called in a few to make sure they got the wins the rest of the way.

2017 Terps had 17 players from game 1 into the championship. None of the other Terp players were called in at anytime. I heard this was full disclosure amongst the team days ago.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can we say Bill B from New England. Very smart. Every time I enter a team in a tournament I will put B next to their name when the whole squad can't be there just in case we don't win the tournament. If we do then our b team won and we are the greatest.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, the 12-6 lose was in the semis. They were running a bracket. Team Long Island had a better draw playing against the jesters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son plays for a rival club but is friends with many 2017 Terps. We have also scrimmaged them this past fall. I can tell you that if MC brought in his normal starters into this tournament (being the competition in the tournament today) it would look like an interstate sign with the score difference. Seriously. End of day, MC did the right thing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2017 Terps had 17 players from game 1 into the championship. None of the other Terp players were called in at anytime. I heard this was full disclosure amongst the team days ago.

Good for them then, to start off with a lose to the jesters and then win out , the group of kids must have gelled some.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mostly a nice tournament and competetive games all day, couple of bravehearts and OT games. The HUB is a nice facility, although the big field is a little narrow and tight for the 8th graders. On a negative note, the officiating was about as bad as it gets. You would think with the quality of the competition they would have hired competent officials. Very frustrating to watch officials that dont know the game and insist on being involved in the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can we say Bill B from New England. Very smart. Every time I enter a team in a tournament I will put B next to their name when the whole squad can't be there just in case we don't win the tournament. If we do then our b team won and we are the greatest.

It's not their b team. It's their team down some starters. Every team plays down a few players. They just chose to do it for a certain number. Injuries / vacations/ conflicts happen, not always going to have the full starters. They may have purposely left a few studs home but they didn't need them today and the other kids stepped up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's not their b team. It's their team down some starters. Every team plays down a few players. They just chose to do it for a certain number. Injuries / vacations/ conflicts happen, not always going to have the full starters. They may have purposely left a few studs home but they didn't need them today and the other kids stepped up.

They are awesome!!! Deal with it!! Best of 2017!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hello you lost to the Jesters first game. That is stepping up?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2017 EXPRESS TERPS won the CHAMPIONSHIP, so i would say that most would agree that is STEPPING UP.

The team your team beat OT, the terps that won it all yesterday beat that team by
5 goals. The 7th grade team that BEAT YOUR 8th grade Jester (i would be concerned with that) well that Terps beat them by 6 goals.
And remember when we played a full scrimmage at Hub with our FULL team weeks back? Your jesters got pounded. Your not in our world, sorry.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Had a bad first half and way to many penalties, playing man down.
They jelled after that and killed the teams the Jesters beat in a brave heart and other they lost to.
But no excuses they played bad and lost the first game.
It happens to every team and its more important that they recovered and learned from it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is team LI a 2017 or 2018? Or is it a mixed U team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2017 terps are not an all inclusive world. The second string terps are not in the world of the starters, so which world do YOU, or actually your son, belong to?? Enjoy playing time come summer, or are you just looking for a photo op with starters?

They lost to Jesters first game, deal with it

15 calls against in any one game can take anyone out of a tournament

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I thought the Turtles were considered the best in the 2017 grade until somebody beats them? Why didn't they play in this tournament?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like typical Express...The "B" Terp players better start looking elsewhere because MC will have you replaced by April!!! This happens every year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2017 EXPRESS TERPS won the CHAMPIONSHIP, so i would say that most would agree that is STEPPING UP.

The team your team beat OT, the terps that won it all yesterday beat that team by
5 goals. The 7th grade team that BEAT YOUR 8th grade Jester (i would be concerned with that) well that Terps beat them by 6 goals.
And remember when we played a full scrimmage at Hub with our FULL team weeks back? Your jesters got pounded. Your not in our world, sorry.

Well said! Oh and let's not forget that the Terp 2018 Team (7th grade) also beat the Jesters 2017 team in a scrimmage at the HUB

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

was a full 2018 team, outstanding goalie

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well said! Oh and let's not forget that the Terp 2018 Team (7th grade) also beat the Jesters 2017 team in a scrimmage at the HUB

No they didn't

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No they didn't

yes they did by 2 goals, even though all the Jester parents are saying it was a tie

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

was a full 2018 team, outstanding goalie

They have 5 or 6 young 2017's. They all qualify for u-13. For the most part they have the same age mix as all the other 2018 teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No they didn't

yes they did by 2 goals, even though all the Jester parents are saying it was a tie

Yes true, 2018 Terps did beat the 2017 Jesters for sure in a game at hub.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Turtles would have beaten every team that was there by 15 goals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No they didn't

Whatever.

Good luck this year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No they didn't

Yes true, 2018 Terps did beat the 2017 Jesters for sure in a game at hub.

A little reality-

2018 Terps did not beat 2017 Jesters, in fact Jesters were up after (2) 24 minute halves and MC (who officiated the scrimmage) added a 3RD "period" as Jesters were packing up to leave just so boys could catch up. They did, congrats you TIED. I could add more interesting facts but no need. Believe me, not one 2017 Jesters player or parent is proud, but that IS what happened. If you feel better thinking your son's team won, CONGRATS you won!

2017 Terps (full A squad) did beat (pound) 2017 Jesters something 11-3. Better, bigger, faster team WITH "A" squad. We appreciate that they are good. However we also know that there are maybe 4 kids that should be 2016/9th graders. Again, just what it is, still a very good team.

2017 Terps (B squad) lost to 2017 Jesters 7-5. No excuses please, is what it is, a loss. We have all had our boys win and lose to the same team, yesterday Jesters won.

There are good athletes and players all around. Some days results go one way, some days the other.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team LI has only 4 2017, all others are 2018.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Best of 2017"? Thats a stretch!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No excuses Terps 2017 minus some players (no they were not a B team)lost to the Jesters 2017 team 7-5. That being said they recovered and won out and have never lost to ANY 7th grade team. So reality is if we were B what does that make the 2017 Jesters team who lost to Team Long Island, C?

Like Reply Quote
Page 13 of 69 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 68 69
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard