BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,630
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 61 of 214 1 2 59 60 61 62 63 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
At what point does a site like this become liable for posts like this?

This whole website is disgusting and should be taken down entirely. Do their sponsors know what they are putting their names on?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Liberty is definitely NOT one of the better programs. The majority of the girls in the program are from Manhasset so make no mistake, Liberty is a Manhasset program. The program is rife of nepotism as well - there are mommy coaches and DG promotes players such as her niece and her friends. Sounds like the school district from Manhasset has finally caught in as well if the speculation about her dismissal as head coach is true - where there is smoke, there is fire. I would avoid this program especially one with this type of culture and dynamic. Not healthy for you or your daughter.

That is SO not true. My daughter played on fl$ for a year, Eleavte for a year and Liberty the last 4 years and we are NOT from Manhasset. The coaching at fl$ and Elevate PALES in comparison to Liberty. DG is an amazing coach which is exactly why Manhasset has excelled as a program for so many years and will continue to do so. The Liberty 2019 Team is one of the tops in the country hands down. We NEVER in 4 years had a parent coach which I cant say about the other clubs we were on prior to this - the other clubs are filled with parent PAL coaches.

You lose all credibility when you say the Liberty 2019 team is one of the tops in the country unless you mean top 50. What other to teams have they actually beaten.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This whole website is disgusting and should be taken down entirely. Do their sponsors know what they are putting their names on?

Maybe after the 5th time you hit the Quote button ??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Liberty is definitely NOT one of the better programs. The majority of the girls in the program are from Manhasset so make no mistake, Liberty is a Manhasset program. The program is rife of nepotism as well - there are mommy coaches and DG promotes players such as her niece and her friends. Sounds like the school district from Manhasset has finally caught in as well if the speculation about her dismissal as head coach is true - where there is smoke, there is fire. I would avoid this program especially one with this type of culture and dynamic. Not healthy for you or your daughter.

That is SO not true. My daughter played on fl$ for a year, Eleavte for a year and Liberty the last 4 years and we are NOT from Manhasset. The coaching at fl$ and Elevate PALES in comparison to Liberty. DG is an amazing coach which is exactly why Manhasset has excelled as a program for so many years and will continue to do so. The Liberty 2019 Team is one of the tops in the country hands down. We NEVER in 4 years had a parent coach which I cant say about the other clubs we were on prior to this - the other clubs are filled with parent PAL coaches.

You lose all credibility when you say the Liberty 2019 team is one of the tops in the country unless you mean top 50. What other to teams have they actually beaten.

Some of their big wins were over MnD Black; Steps Blue and MD United.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please. Spare us with the big wins. Liberty played these teams when quite a few of the girls on these teams did not play in the tournament since they already committed such as in Florida. Liberty tends to participate in tournaments where there is little competition. As far as the the comment that there are no mommy coaches on Liberty is way off base. Coaches from The 2019 team both have daughters on that team. It's Fact that Gallaghers sister is on the sidelines with her kid. Just be honest instead of spouting bull. It's embarrassing.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wantagh definitely needs a new coach. manhassett is a rumor with very good sources

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please. Spare us with the big wins. Liberty played these teams when quite a few of the girls on these teams did not play in the tournament since they already committed such as in Florida. Liberty tends to participate in tournaments where there is little competition. As far as the the comment that there are no mommy coaches on Liberty is way off base. Coaches from The 2019 team both have daughters on that team. It's Fact that Gallaghers sister is on the sidelines with her kid. Just be honest instead of spouting bull. It's embarrassing.
Hate much? If you don't like D.G. or liberty thats fine don't let your kid join. Go play with the yellow jackets they are completely fare over there, no favoritism at all. T.G. also, there is no favoritism over there either. I hear Elevate is totally above board. My daughter came up through Liberty and the club was good to us. we don't live in Manhasset and we were treated just as good as the girls that were. As a matter of fact my daughter and two Manhasset players were taken at the same time, and were treated the exact same way by D.G. . Both Manhasset girls, and non manhasset girls were taken before and after my daughter so stop saying things you know nothing about you obviesoly never had a kid in the club and your just spouting off the BS you hear from other people.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wantagh definitely needs a new coach. manhassett is a rumor with very good sources
Hopefully they announce status of Manhasset coach before Liberty tryouts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hopefully it will be known to public before Liberty tryouts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hopefully it will be known to public before Liberty tryouts

If you're only playing there because DG is the coach at Manhasset, that's probably why you're unhappy. You should select a program that works for you and your daughter based many different criteria - it includes the owner but you also have to consider the coaching, the location, the price, the opportunities offered, etc. And if you think everything should be "fair", life isn't fair. And fair is subjective anyway.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I cant speak about fl$ as I am not familiar with the girls side except that we played them once and the team wasn't very strong. We too left Elevate 3 years ago and have not looked back. We still have friends there that stayed and they forever regret being there and said it was just too late for them to leave so they miserably stuck it out. We had a PAL parent coach at Elevate as our main coach for 2 years. He never played lax in college (nice guy) but was not nearly as strong as the coaches at Liberty. He ran the same PAL drills he runs with his 5th graders. My daughters Liberty coach played at Carolina and she is just amazing! My daughter has improved ten fold since she has been at Liberty AND NO she doesnt live in Manhasset!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will there be any surprises this year or will the same teams be at the top?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
whats your thought

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MC will drop off the charts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WI & NP should be strong.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HS lax talk already. Get a life!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

RP in Suffolk B. The almighty youth coach declared it years ago - State Champs!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MC will drop off the charts. i have to agree about this one

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WI & NP should be strong.
WI u mean wm

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

RP drops to class C this year. They lost one of their best players who moved down south. They still won't beat Mt. Sinai

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm putting my money on McDonogh again this year. Everyone else is playing for second place.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does Il come up with these watch lists. Some are ridiculous choices Barely play on a clubs b team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does Il come up with these watch lists. Some are ridiculous choices Barely play on a clubs b team

I guess your daughter didn't make the list.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I just checked the Top 40 list and the majority of the girls are committed to the top programs in the country. Most of those girls all had offers from several of those schools.

Maryland - 5
Florida - 4
Duke. - 4
Syracuse - 4
BC. - 4
NU. - 4
UNC. - 2
PSU. - 2
UVA. - 2
Loyola - 2
Stanford. - 2
Princeton - 1
SC. - 1
OSU. - 1
Louisville - 1

Here is a news flash... if your kid did not have offers from at least a few of the perennial Top 10 Programs she is most likely not a top tier player.

It doesn't sound as if your daughter made the list therefore I will guess that Maryland , UNC and Northwestern were not fighting over her.

To the girls who were recognized and to their parents I say congratulations and best of luck in the future.

Now slither back under your rock and keep your bitterness to yourself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I just checked the Top 40 list and the majority of the girls are committed to the top programs in the country. Most of those girls all had offers from several of those schools.

Maryland - 5
Florida - 4
Duke. - 4

Syracuse - 4
BC. - 4
NU. - 4
UNC. - 2
PSU. - 2
UVA. - 2
Loyola - 2
Stanford. - 2
Princeton - 1
SC. - 1
OSU. - 1
Louisville - 1

Here is a news flash... if your kid did not have offers from at least a few of the perennial Top 10 Programs she is most likely not a top tier player.

It doesn't sound as if your daughter made the list therefore I will guess that Maryland , UNC and Northwestern were not fighting over her.

To the girls who were recognized and to their parents I say congratulations and best of luck in the future.

You sound like an a-hole. My kid did make the list but she understands and so do I that these lists are political at best and a joke at worst . There are many kids who easily could make the list that did not and many that did who probably don't belong.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maryland - 5
Florida - 4
Duke. - 4

Syracuse - 4
BC. - 4
NU. - 4
UNC. - 2
PSU. - 2
UVA. - 2
Loyola - 2
Stanford. - 2
Princeton - 1
SC. - 1
OSU. - 1
Louisville - 1

You sound like an a-hole. My kid did make the list but she understands and so do I that these lists are political at best and a joke at worst . There are many kids who easily could make the list that did not and many that did who probably don't belong.

I would say the A- Hole is the one belittling the list. I will agree with the top college coaches in the country, their top recruits are most certainly the top players in the country that is why they are the top teams... It is pretty simple, they get the best players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maryland - 5
Florida - 4
Duke. - 4

Syracuse - 4
BC. - 4
NU. - 4
UNC. - 2
PSU. - 2
UVA. - 2
Loyola - 2
Stanford. - 2
Princeton - 1
SC. - 1
OSU. - 1
Louisville - 1

I'm sorry. Are you their agent that you know they had several offers lol. And news flash. Many top programs as u call them, have walk ons. Ye this list is great on your moms facebook. But like everything else it's all politics

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But can anyone (without sarcasm or bashing) answer the original question. As to who chooses them Hs coach. Travel coach. Or does IL watch them somewhere

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maryland - 5
Florida - 4
Duke. - 4

Syracuse - 4
BC. - 4
NU. - 4
UNC. - 2
PSU. - 2
UVA. - 2
Loyola - 2
Stanford. - 2
Princeton - 1
SC. - 1
OSU. - 1
Louisville - 1

I'm sorry. Are you their agent that you know they had several offers lol. And news flash. Many top programs as u call them, have walk ons. Ye this list is great on your moms facebook. But like everything else it's all politics

Not sure why you you don't have to be their agent to know who they were recruited by. Keep telling your daughter it is all politicals. Do you tell her that Maryland and UNC recruit based on politics? Yes , some of the top programs have a few walk-on's but the girls on that Top 40 list are not walk on's , they are their top recruits.
The best programs go after the best talent.
If the list were filled with kids commited to Lehigh , Bucknell, Binghamton , Villanova , Colgate, Cornell, Lafayette , Marist etc... I would call BS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But can anyone (without sarcasm or bashing) answer the original question. As to who chooses them Hs coach. Travel coach. Or does IL watch them somewhere

HS Coaches have nothing to do with it . If The HS Coach also happens to be the Director of a Club and they also have a relationship with IL and they want to push a particular kid then maybe they have some input. IL has people watch tournament's and such. The same players usually stand out. That is also the way the top programs recruit. They go and watch the top clubs play each other and then they recruit the cream of the crop. Oh no, forget that. I forgot it's all politics.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are girls on the list that weren't on last yr. and vice versa
My daughter IS on the list. And tbh I have no idea how or who She was recruited before the rule change. It's crazy but she's happy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is a girl on my daughter travel team on here. There were by far, better players on the tournament circuit this summer. And I know the college coach isn't pushing her.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

RP drops to class C this year. They lost one of their best players who moved down south. They still won't beat Mt. Sinai

THE best - by far. And one of the most valuable graduated.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maryland - 5
Florida - 4
Duke. - 4

Syracuse - 4
BC. - 4
NU. - 4
UNC. - 2
PSU. - 2
UVA. - 2
Loyola - 2
Stanford. - 2
Princeton - 1
SC. - 1
OSU. - 1
Louisville - 1

I would say the A- Hole is the one belittling the list. I will agree with the top college coaches in the country, their top recruits are most certainly the top players in the country that is why they are the top teams... It is pretty simple, they get the best players.

60-70% of those players don't pan out and never play any meaningful minutes. Most rosters have 30-40 kids on them and 15-18 actually play

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

THE best - by far. And one of the most valuable graduated.

As an outsider I was under the impression the best player was the Lady Eagles coaches daughter???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maryland - 5
Florida - 4
Duke. - 4

Syracuse - 4
BC. - 4
NU. - 4
UNC. - 2
PSU. - 2
UVA. - 2
Loyola - 2
Stanford. - 2
Princeton - 1
SC. - 1
OSU. - 1
Louisville - 1

Again you are just off base. No one should belittle the kids on the list but to say their top recruits are most certainly the best in the country is silly. Those coaches make "mistakes" all the time . My kid was recruited by several of the top teams and one of them had little interest , which coaches were correct ? Time will tell. We have played one of the so called top recruit in her age group when she played on YJ and let's just say she was definitely not one of the kids our team felt was one of their top players .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone on here thinks their kid will go to Maryland and start as a freshman and win a national championship if they are a lax first family or that they will go to Northwestern, Stanford or an Ivy if they are smart and play lax.

Both groups are really small. truth for the vast majority of kids is they will play at some non descript lacrosse and academic institution which is great but nobody ever talks about sacred heart, Albany, Quinnipiac, Monmouth, Fairfield Marist and those hundreds and hundreds other schools

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LMAO....no sport is more political (at the moment) than girls lacrosse.

If you think that list is legit, you're in total denial.

This has the program directors' fingerprint's all over it (and in some cases a high school school coach that has a solid relationship with the director).

I'd be embarrassed for any individual trying to defend the legitimacy of that list (and let's not get started about the recruiting process).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maryland - 5
Florida - 4
Duke. - 4

Syracuse - 4
BC. - 4
NU. - 4
UNC. - 2
PSU. - 2
UVA. - 2
Loyola - 2
Stanford. - 2
Princeton - 1
SC. - 1
OSU. - 1
Louisville - 1

Again you are just off base. No one should belittle the kids on the list but to say their top recruits are most certainly the best in the country is silly. Those coaches make "mistakes" all the time . My kid was recruited by several of the top teams and one of them had little interest , which coaches were correct ? Time will tell. We have played one of the so called top recruit in her age group when she played on YJ and let's just say she was definitely not one of the kids our team felt was one of their top players .

As usual, the post that started this argument was a negative post from a bitter jealous individual. None of the parents of the Top 40 players came on here and posted the list or pointed it out. The trolls came out and tried to tear down the list and the players who were recognized.

To say that 60% - 70% of those players will not pan out is simply a foolish statement especially without defining what you mean by "pan out".

Some people want to know how players make the list and are genuinely curious but I suspect that there are some who are trying to figure out who they can call to get their kid on the list next year.

Maryland brings in 8 - 10 players per year, they keep a roster size in the low to mid 30's. Currently the Terp's have 35 players on the roster 8 fr, 9 so, 9 jr, 7 sr. and two red-shirts R-sr, R-so.

Many on here like to claim that the majority of players stop playing, don't pan out, never see the field etc...

The reality is that the majority of the players on these lists will go on to have nice playing careers and get a good education. (can't wait to hear the bashing of MD, UNC, FLA, PSU etc...)

The results don't lie, the top programs recruit and get the top players.

I know, I know the list is a joke and your daughter is just as good if not better than many of the girls on the list. She had offers from Maryland, North Carolina and Penn State but she didn't want to go to a big state school. She had offers from Northwestern, Note Dame and Boston College and although they are good schools she could not choose her major. Princeton, Stanford and Duke made offers but you advised her to go somewhere else. Or maybe, none of the top programs in the country made offers and you blamed it on politics.

Keep bashing, keep hating and keep telling yourself and your kid that it's all about politics.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Keep bashing, keep hating and keep telling yourself and your kid that it's all about politics.

And you keep telling your kid that she's one of the greats in the entire country for her age bracket, because a published article says so.

When she can't figure out why she's not getting on the field, not receiving awards or recognition in college while being low on her coach's depth chart and behind players that were not on these lists, many wish you the best of luck in helping to explain it all.

Just remember though, it's not about politics....right?

Like Reply Quote
Page 61 of 214 1 2 59 60 61 62 63 213 214
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard