BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 33 1 2 3 4 5 32 33
Re: Team 91 MD
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Texas parent here whose son plays on MD 2022 team with MM. For the record, we pay for tuition, our OWN flights and try out for the team, no free rides, sorry to disappoint. I bet that is a shocker to you all. To your surprise, Texas is no hot bed for lacrosse, though there are some great teams and players, that is why we have made the decision to travel to MD, as well as LI, to expose our son to the best competition. For those that are upset that boys from TX travel to MD to play on teams that they try out for and make, since when do you decide who can and can't play on MD teams. Through Team 91, our boys in Texas have been trained by both NY and MD coaches. On these occasions, several of the boys have had the opportunity to try out and play with NY and MD teams. A few of us, who can, want our sons to have a better lacrosse experience, so what is the problem?

You guys should not worry about anything. Your 8th graders will soon go to a public or private HS that has a lacrosse team, they will practice 5-6 days a week, get quality coaching/training and play against top talent every week. Meanwhile, my son, who lives in TX, will go to a HS that does NOT have a school sanctioned lacrosse team. Will not have anything close to the coaching your kid receives and will continue to play in a recreational club environment. So, my apologies for wanting my kid to get the best training and experience in MD while he can.

I'm not on the sidelines with the team, so I can't confirm or deny what MM has said. What I can tell you, is that Mark has provided an awesome opportunity for my son and has been open and honest with me as well as my son. We have enjoyed getting to know our MD families on our team and most importantly, my son has made some pretty cool friends during this experience.

Instead of coitizing MM and his program, cheer on your kid’s team and don’t worry about what Team 91 MD is doing. Each of us are doing what we think is best for our sons. Better yet, look for me on the parent sideline to say hi and chat, us Texans are pretty-friendly!

Mr. M

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Texas parent here whose son plays on MD 2022 team with MM. For the record, we pay for tuition, our OWN flights and try out for the team, no free rides, sorry to disappoint. I bet that is a shocker to you all. To your surprise, Texas is no hot bed for lacrosse, though there are some great teams and players, that is why we have made the decision to travel to MD, as well as LI, to expose our son to the best competition. For those that are upset that boys from TX travel to MD to play on teams that they try out for and make, since when do you decide who can and can't play on MD teams. Through Team 91, our boys in Texas have been trained by both NY and MD coaches. On these occasions, several of the boys have had the opportunity to try out and play with NY and MD teams. A few of us, who can, want our sons to have a better lacrosse experience, so what is the problem?

You guys should not worry about anything. Your 8th graders will soon go to a public or private HS that has a lacrosse team, they will practice 5-6 days a week, get quality coaching/training and play against top talent every week. Meanwhile, my son, who lives in TX, will go to a HS that does NOT have a school sanctioned lacrosse team. Will not have anything close to the coaching your kid receives and will continue to play in a recreational club environment. So, my apologies for wanting my kid to get the best training and experience in MD while he can.

I'm not on the sidelines with the team, so I can't confirm or deny what MM has said. What I can tell you, is that Mark has provided an awesome opportunity for my son and has been open and honest with me as well as my son. We have enjoyed getting to know our MD families on our team and most importantly, my son has made some pretty cool friends during this experience.

Instead of coitizing MM and his program, cheer on your kid’s team and don’t worry about what Team 91 MD is doing. Each of us are doing what we think is best for our sons. Better yet, look for me on the parent sideline to say hi and chat, us Texans are pretty-friendly!

Mr. M

If MM weren't such a detestable person, no one would care what he did. Because he is such a lunatic, his every move is scrutinized and your kid and his TX buddies are just collateral damage. No one has any animosity toward any of the kids on Team 91 just like there was no animosity toward the Breakers kids before Millon raided their cupboards. I hear a lot of kids moved on from that 2022 91 team and if that's true, that says more than all the posters on this forum.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dude, there were literally 4 other coaches on the sideline that day. Are you stupid?

My son playED for the 2022 team. I have stood on the sideline and heard him say this exact statement among other things to his 2022 players first hand. My son has told me many other inappropriate things he has said at practice or during games to his players. A video of it was posted that clearly had his voice saying it, but he had youtube take it down. You just cant play it off and its a truly pathetic to put it on the other 91 coaches. Most of the 91 assistant coaches I have spoken with are embarrassed by his behavior and I'm guessing you know that. You probably also know that is EXACTLY why two of his 2022 assistant coaches left as soon as the 2022 Championship game was over. The damage control on inappropriate behavior needs to come from MM not you. Or else he is going to make you look like a complete stooge in a couple months.

At this point anyone parent that would allow their child to play for this organization needs to have their heads examined!! The club is an embarrassment from top to bottom. Wake Up 91 parents; is this the mind of example you want your son to follow??

No, of course not. However, I also do not want my children to walk away from employers and organizations in the manner you have. There is something to be said for moving on peacefully.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dude, there were literally 4 other coaches on the sideline that day. Are you stupid?

My son playED for the 2022 team. I have stood on the sideline and heard him say this exact statement among other things to his 2022 players first hand. My son has told me many other inappropriate things he has said at practice or during games to his players. A video of it was posted that clearly had his voice saying it, but he had youtube take it down. You just cant play it off and its a truly pathetic to put it on the other 91 coaches. Most of the 91 assistant coaches I have spoken with are embarrassed by his behavior and I'm guessing you know that. You probably also know that is EXACTLY why two of his 2022 assistant coaches left as soon as the 2022 Championship game was over. The damage control on inappropriate behavior needs to come from MM not you. Or else he is going to make you look like a complete stooge in a couple months.

At this point anyone parent that would allow their child to play for this organization needs to have their heads examined!! The club is an embarrassment from top to bottom. Wake Up 91 parents; is this the kind of example you want your son to follow??

Nothing like waiting until it's all over to complain. Way to take a stand!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mr. M

Disclaimer- I am not affiliated in any with this team or club.
Thank you for this post. Kudos to you for making the commitment to play for an out of state team. It is 100% understandable to look out of state when in state isn't able to provide you with the level of play you are looking for. I can only imagine the stress it puts on your family, with all of the travel and time and money. Welcome to Maryland. Good luck to your son this coming season. I hope he has a good one with the team.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mr. M

1. Everyone is allowed to spend their money the way they see fit, or have your son play for whomever you want.

2. Did you not see the video of the Madlax game where MM is heard telling his kids to break the kids arm?

3. MM is a jerk and a terrible role model. If you want to compromise your family values and give your money to MM and have your son be a part of his team, that's your call, but don't expect people to exempt you from criticism

4. There are plenty of great Texas teams and coaches. That is disgusting the amount of money you spend to travel up here. Why not have your son play for a great team in TX and give the money you would have given to MM, and give it instead to charity that can actually do good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mr. Texas M,

What do you think about MM telling his kids to break a 5th grader's arms? Must feel good having your son play for this guy.

youtu.be/epBzTuDSL8U

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, there are coaches from B'more and LI all over...even Tay-haas.

You don't have to leave your state to find a group of re-classed horses that can ball.

Texas Mustangs...formerly the Texas 3D Team is a prime example. They flew into MD for Crab Feast and whooped up on a lot of local teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
he wont have to play in Texas, there are plenty of MD high schools that he can either live with the coaches or board at the school, just not sure your in the right program to make that happen unless he likes Gilman

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mr. Texas M,

What do you think about MM telling his kids to break a 5th grader's arms? Must feel good having your son play for this guy.

youtu.be/epBzTuDSL8U

Mr. Texas M,

youtu.be/epBzTuDSL8U

Mr. Texas M,

youtu.be/epBzTuDSL8U

You are a [lacrosse]! Move on ..... its been confirmed that MM was not the one that yelled break this arms. AND if you had listened to the tv broadcast of the final four you would have heard it used multiple times throughout the games by the announcers. You are an idiot who never played lacrosse and are posting living through your B level talent son who couldn't cut it at Team 89+2!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody that has seen the video can clearly see that Millon was the one that yelled "break his arms." But let's say for the sake of argument, he didn't yell it. Instead the coach standing directly next to him yelled it. Does it really make it any better that Millon would permit one of his assistants to yell the same thing??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I notice the Texas dad won't respond after the video link was posted.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mr. Texas M,

Mr. Texas M,

Mr. Texas M,

You are a [lacrosse]! Move on ..... its been confirmed that MM was not the one that yelled break this arms. AND if you had listened to the tv broadcast of the final four you would have heard it used multiple times throughout the games by the announcers. You are an idiot who never played lacrosse and are posting living through your B level talent son who couldn't cut it at Team 89+2!

Anger issues! And no announcer used " break his arms" during final four. Who told you that..The same people that confirmed MM didnt say anything! LOL..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Confirmed by MM, so it must be so.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mr. Texas M,

Mr. Texas M,

Mr. Texas M,

What a minute who is the [lacrosse]? Lots of fine families that participate in the program, but you are not helping their cause.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody that has seen the video can clearly see that Millon was the one that yelled "break his arms." But let's say for the sake of argument, he didn't yell it. Instead the coach standing directly next to him yelled it. Does it really make it any better that Millon would permit one of his assistants to yell the same thing??

How about the [lacrosse] comments? The 9th grader comments? The "you won't make it at the next level" comments? No matter how disgusting lacrosse has gotten, it is still not ok to bully a kid on the other team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree. We all know who said it..Even if it wasnt..It was the coach next to him., Who tells a 5th grader to break another 5th graders arms??
Ohh excuse me..Who tells a 5th grader to break a "" 9 th "" graders arm!! LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lay off the TX dad and his kid. Seem like nice people who just don't realize that MM is irrelevant when it comes to preparing a kid for the next level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mr. M

My son plays on this team and you did not try out the first year! It is crazy that you think it is fine for your boys to come up and start the games over MD boys that attend every practice and deserve to start the game over the TX boys. You must have your eyes and ears closed to not hear MM's craziness, but then again you and the TX boys are not at all the practices!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mr. Texas M,

Mr. Texas M,

Mr. Texas M,

You are a (censored)! Move on ..... its been confirmed that MM was not the one that yelled break this arms. AND if you had listened to the tv broadcast of the final four you would have heard it used multiple times throughout the games by the announcers. You are an idiot who never played lacrosse and are posting living through your B level talent son who couldn't cut it at Team 89+2!

You are the (censored)!!! It was 100% MM and I was there and heard it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mr. M

My son plays on this team and you did not try out the first year! It is crazy that you think it is fine for your boys to come up and start the games over MD boys that attend every practice and deserve to start the game over the TX boys. You must have your eyes and ears closed to not hear MM's craziness, but then again you and the TX boys are not at all the practices!

Nobody "deserves" more PT because they've been around longer. It's a meritocracy. The best players play. If you're steaming on the sidelines because the kid doesn't play, tell him to get better.

What a nightmare dad. Playing time is not determined by who attends more practices.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mr. M

Nobody "deserves" more PT because they've been around longer. It's a meritocracy. The best players play. If you're steaming on the sidelines because the kid doesn't play, tell him to get better.

What a nightmare dad. Playing time is not determined by who attends more practices.

Kid is better!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mr. M

Didn't tryout the first year or this year, but TX boys always start the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MM does not insist that players try out that he knows are good enough to play and start. He'd prefer it but is not unreasonable given summer vacation schedules. Also relevant to the earlier posts re number of kids at MD91 tryouts. He gives a couple kids he knows very well a pass.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MM does not insist that players try out that he knows are good enough to play and start. He'd prefer it but is not unreasonable given summer vacation schedules. Also relevant to the earlier posts re number of kids at MD91 tryouts. He gives a couple kids he knows very well a pass.

That is a terrible message. Everyone should have to fight for a spot in front of impartial observers. What a joke.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is a terrible message. Everyone should have to fight for a spot in front of impartial observers. What a joke.

What color is the sky in the world you live in, because last time any person with even half a brain checked, life ain't fair. You don't like it, tell your kid to get better to take playing time away from the kid. Otherwise shut it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which is it? MM is a jerk for being too tough on his players. Or MM is enough of a talent evaluator to know that very good players will still be very good players two months later and shows some heart due to family commitments. Do you think MLax or 91 Long Island or Hawks will cut their top kids if they have a conflictfoe tryouts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is 91MD's best overall team? One of Millon's?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mr. M

Texas player can come up to Jersey.. we have good coaches and welcome the Hot Moms from The Great State. MD is just pissed off they have to look at "Baltimore Cutesy"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every director is entitled to run his/her program as they wish. At this point -- especially at the older groups (22 through 18) these kids have been playing together for several years (3 or more). MM and others know what they have, what they need, and what they want. The kids that have been with the program for several years have nothing to prove at tryouts. The program director will screen the applicant pool and see if anyone fits his/her needs/wants list. That simple. And yes, seniority matters inasmuch as that seniority has helped kids entrench themselves, establish a resume, and track record. Your notion is romantic at best, and not needed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does the 2023 team look this year? We all know 22 and 24 will be solid and the 25 team as well. 2023 division seems to be loaded every year and I was curious to see what improvements this team has made since tryouts were held.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 88+3 parents are the same as Madlax ones - able to hold their nose and swallow their pride to let their kids play for a jerk.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mr. M

Texas player can come up to Jersey.. we have good coaches and welcome the Hot Moms from The Great State. MD is just pissed off they have to look at "Baltimore Cutesy"

That would be a lot of money to spend to play in the armpit of America! I'm sure the mom's would enjoy getting stared down by all the NJ grease-ball papas.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mr. M

Don't understand how this is relevant. It is standard practice at most clubs that not all players need to try out. MM may or may not be a lot of things but, he is knowledgeable enough to see highlights, a kid once or twice and know if he is skilled or has potential. Each team has a personality and sounds like you are not a great fit for the team if you are so frustrated and attacking your sons team mate. This is club. It is not about equal playing time. It is about whoever is the best player in a certain scenario being on the field. MM has no issue with doing that. The high school 91 teams struggle greatly with that concept which has been their downfall along with daddy ball, but he is pretty open about it and he is not there to be your friend. He wants the best team. You chose to stay.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At this point anyone parent that would allow their child to play for this organization needs to have their heads examined!! The club is an embarrassment from top to bottom. Wake Up 91 parents; is this the kind of example you want your son to follow??

We choose to have our son play for this club and do not need our heads examined. We have been around the club scene enough with several of our kids and if you are looking for the perfect personality in a Club director, we can tell you that it will not be found at most clubs with access to the best tournaments. If you find a good club director and the coach for your sons team is also a good fit, congratulations. Our son does not play on one of MM teams so can not speak to that but the man has never said a negative word to our son or the other players who train with him through the off season skill and box sessions. Is he the most personable guy? No. Will he go out on a limb for any player who is not his own son? No. The club has quite a few faults as do most. But he is also not the monster these boards make him out to be. We pay for a service the club offers and it has been successful for our son on many levels. There is no perfect club out there. If my son were verbally abused by a coach or we felt that our coach was disrespectful to other teams, we would be gone but that is not the case. We know FCA, crabs and Looneys well and they have coach and other issues at our sons level and we chose 91 as you have chosen the best for your son presumably. To blanket statement an entire club simply shows your ignorance about the sad realities of club lacrosse that if you really son has talent is the world he will live in for many years and as such it is up to you as his parent to teach him the Appropriate example you want him to follow.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We choose to have our son play for this club and do not need our heads examined. We have been around the club scene enough with several of our kids and if you are looking for the perfect personality in a Club director, we can tell you that it will not be found at most clubs with access to the best tournaments. If you find a good club director and the coach for your sons team is also a good fit, congratulations. Our son does not play on one of MM teams so can not speak to that but the man has never said a negative word to our son or the other players who train with him through the off season skill and box sessions. Is he the most personable guy? No. Will he go out on a limb for any player who is not his own son? No. The club has quite a few faults as do most. But he is also not the monster these boards make him out to be. We pay for a service the club offers and it has been successful for our son on many levels. There is no perfect club out there. If my son were verbally abused by a coach or we felt that our coach was disrespectful to other teams, we would be gone but that is not the case. We know FCA, crabs and Looneys well and they have coach and other issues at our sons level and we chose 91 as you have chosen the best for your son presumably. To blanket statement an entire club simply shows your ignorance about the sad realities of club lacrosse that if you really son has talent is the world he will live in for many years and as such it is up to you as his parent to teach him the Appropriate example you want him to follow.

👍

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Our son does not play on one of MM teams so can not speak to that

Is he the most personable guy? No.

Will he go out on a limb for any player who is not his own son? No.

But he is also not the monster these boards make him out to be.

Your son does not play for him, he isn't a personable guy, he won't go out on a limb for your kid, but you think it's a stretch that some of these posts about him are false? Go watch him coach a game and report back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Our son does not play on one of MM teams so can not speak to that

Is he the most personable guy? No.

Will he go out on a limb for any player who is not his own son? No.

But he is also not the monster these boards make him out to be.

Your son does not play for him, he isn't a personable guy, he won't go out on a limb for your kid, but you think it's a stretch that some of these posts about him are false? Go watch him coach a game and report back.

As a matter of fact, if you knew how the club worked, you would know that the teams share fields so we do have quite a bit first hand experience with watching him coach, being coached during skill sessions and have watched many games at tournaments and hoco. If the hoco league had an issue with him and if the refs reported it the way I am sure you believe it to be, they would have banned him from the league and tournaments. You don't like the man, you don't like his teams, you don't like the club and that is fine and there are others that share your views but there are many who do and they would wish you well at another club as you continue to grow in the game with your son. Clearly 91 is not the club for you but there are a lot of good kids and families that you broadly trashed with your words. You seem to be adept at picking apart the bits and pieces of something and that will make your experience and your sons miserable. Your son is watching you as his example remember. We wish only the best for you and your son. Hopefully you will find what works for you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"We know FCA, crabs and Looneys well and they have coach and other issues at our sons level and we chose 91"

This statement alone tells me you settled for 91 instead of chosen since it appears you've been on all 3 of these clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"We know FCA, crabs and Looneys well and they have coach and other issues at our sons level and we chose 91"

This statement alone tells me you settled for 91 instead of chosen since it appears you've been on all 3 of these clubs.

And you would not be more wrong and again have no concept of what may be important to others especially those with experience in the club environment. It is not worth engaging with you as you are so clearly convinced and have difficulty having dialogue with anyone who does not agree with you without starting with nonsense - which may be more of the issue than what club your boy should play on. Your opinion has already been disminished simply by your attitude.

Like Reply Quote
Page 3 of 33 1 2 3 4 5 32 33
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard