BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,102
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 35 1 2 3 4 5 34 35
Re: Duke's Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
No one cares about Duke's anymore. They no longer have a Monopoly and are no longer getting all the best kids.

I was just at the University of Penn clinic on Saturday. There were a ton of kids there and they were all very very good. It appeared that many people cared and the parents I met were all very positive on their experiences. I don't know what the "best" is but some of these kids were in a league of their own. My two cents from a parent. I will be taking my son to next clinic.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one cares about Duke's anymore. They no longer have a Monopoly and are no longer getting all the best kids.

I was just at the University of Penn clinic on Saturday. There were a ton of kids there and they were all very very good. It appeared that many people cared and the parents I met were all very positive on their experiences. I don't know what the "best" is but some of these kids were in a league of their own. My two cents from a parent. I will be taking my son to next clinic.

Funny one guy says they were all very good...another guy says a bunch of the kids shouldn't even have been there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not only does dukes have the most talented players they also have the most academically successful ones, you should see how many kids get academic awards at their player dinner ceremony

Hard to tell when the banquet in August was cancelled and money never refunded.

Good point, marketing the Academic superiority of the teams but not rescheduling the banquet or refunding money without being chased up for it. When is the banquet going to be held? I see plenty of marketing on the next mini camp in October already but no information on the reschedule of the banquet....interesting

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not only does dukes have the most talented players they also have the most academically successful ones, you should see how many kids get academic awards at their player dinner ceremony

Good point, marketing the Academic superiority of the teams but not rescheduling the banquet or refunding money without being chased up for it. When is the banquet going to be held? I see plenty of marketing on the next mini camp in October already but no information on the reschedule of the banquet....interesting

Had to pay his mortgage in August and Sept....he meant to send thank you notes. Seems like Duke South all over...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You know why, just get the money. No communication from the DN other than pay up. Gonzo or staff never pick up the phone or respond to emails, but they will hammer you for money with emails, calls and text. Can they get some coaches and field space?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You know why, just get the money. No communication from the DN other than pay up. Gonzo or staff never pick up the phone or respond to emails, but they will hammer you for money with emails, calls and text. Can they get some coaches and field space?

No dog in this hunt here, but last time I checked this is a supplemental program. If you don't like it, move on to a greener pasture pops. Other posters seem pretty cool with a 3 hour clinic. If you need follow up and love letters for little Johnny after a 3 hour clinic you have real issues. You are taking crazy lacrosse dad to a whole new level. Have your son lace em up and play. Next you will complain that grass was too long or turf not new enough or balls not white enough... #sissydad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Getting money refunded for a banquet that never happened has nothing to do with my son's lacrosse talent level. Not looking for anything but my $ back and appropriate communication regarding the refund.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gonzo already spent the money. He is a slime ball. He is a lyer. He cannot be trusted. It's a fact. It has nothing to do with lacrosse, it has to do with being a good person. He is not

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No dog in this hunt here, but last time I checked this is a supplemental program. If you don't like it, move on to a greener pasture pops. Other posters seem pretty cool with a 3 hour clinic. If you need follow up and love letters for little Johnny after a 3 hour clinic you have real issues. You are taking crazy lacrosse dad to a whole new level. Have your son lace em up and play. Next you will complain that grass was too long or turf not new enough or balls not white enough... #sissydad

How come there are so many kids who play lacrosse named Johnny??? By the way, it's liar, not lyer

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great big LIAR!!!!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son recently joined Dukes Main Line. They had many programs available for him to improve his game as well as many coaches who talked with him and work on his training. They also helped a lot in working with college coaches during the recruitment process - nothing from the other teams he played on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Eb is a true pro. He just needs to get rid of gonzo

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm putting 70% anti Gonzo/ dukes, 20% positive, and 10% just don't give a crap since it's 11-13 yo lax

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dukes is a great program. It's gonzo that is a fraud

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dukes is a great program. It's gonzo that is a fraud

You should start typing in all caps. We are a part of the program and my son has been playing for a year now. Gonzo has been terrific.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WHERES MY BANQUET $?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WHERES MY BANQUET $?

Good luck with that, I have been trying since 8/15 to get my money back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm glad Dukes Nationals does not have parent coaches

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WHERES MY BANQUET $?

Good luck with that, I have been trying since 8/15 to get my money back.

I called Jeff They are working on getting the refunds done ASAP ... I would call him if you have a concern.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gonzo speaking to Jeff is not the answer ....you refund the money very simple in this day and age....oh there is no money cause it has already been spent!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gonzo speaking to Jeff is not the answer ....you refund the money very simple in this day and age....oh there is no money cause it has already been spent!

Hurry up and cash the refund check that is supposedly being sent!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really, every Dukes national team has parent coaches. Not sure not sure where you are getting your information from but it is wrong.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really, every Dukes national team has parent coaches. Not sure not sure where you are getting your information from but it is wrong.

I got this information directly from Gonzo the Dukes Nationals director. Was I miss informed?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I got this information directly from Gonzo the Dukes Nationals director. Was I miss informed?

Yes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

10000 percent, the 2 coaches from Freedom at 2023 both have kids on the team and Gonzo I guess will coach 2022 with his son. That in it self is a joke...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

10000 percent, the 2 coaches from Freedom at 2023 both have kids on the team and Gonzo I guess will coach 2022 with his son. That in it self is a joke...

Its clear the Dukes haters don't have kids in the program. The families that play with Dukes regularly, love it. I am one of them. Gonzo is a dad. There are other men that coach that are dads too. Being a dad doesn't not disqualify you the same way being a college player does not qualify you to be a coach. A program that attracts the top talent from around the east coast that meets once a month is a different type of team and it apparently doesn't suit you. It would likely be best to play for Philly club du jour and have a hung-over college kid or over zealous want a be as a coach. Go for it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here are the facts. DN is s great concept. Mini camps are great , coaches are good. Depth chart concept is great. However, Gonzo is a financial mess and it shows. He lives from camp to camp , from tourney to tourney to make ends meet. If a more financially secure director took over, and monitored coaches, players etc, It would be a home run. The 22 team is great in every way, 23 team is very competetive, but the coaches play favorites. The 24 coach is a great young guy, but he needs help, Gonzo hides in the background and manipulates the depth chart, And then blames the coaches. Gonzo is s liar, and is strapped for cash and it has created a very slippery situation. Hopefully he can make corrections

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hesacrackheadniga

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here are the facts. DN is s great concept. Mini camps are great , coaches are good. Depth chart concept is great. However, Gonzo is a financial mess and it shows. He lives from camp to camp , from tourney to tourney to make ends meet. If a more financially secure director took over, and monitored coaches, players etc, It would be a home run. The 22 team is great in every way, 23 team is very competetive, but the coaches play favorites. The 24 coach is a great young guy, but he needs help, Gonzo hides in the background and manipulates the depth chart, And then blames the coaches. Gonzo is s liar, and is strapped for cash and it has created a very slippery situation. Hopefully he can make corrections

Great summary, couldn't agree more. His poor financial history preceded him in our area.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here's another fact from a parent of a former DN kid, parents drop close to a thousand dollars for a weekend tournament and when it comes to game day, a bunch of kids who are not on depth chart or team for that matter mysteriously appear and start playing, taking away valuable time from your kid who busted his [lacrosse] to make it above the travel line, and it didn't matter if you were on the top or bottom of depth chart.. total BS and 100% the truth. I would love for Gonzo who reads these threads to explain why he does this to the parents and most importantly the kids who trusted and believed in his hype!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hesacrackheadniga

And there it is... Sad. You need to step back... and away.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here's another fact from a parent of a former DN kid, parents drop close to a thousand dollars for a weekend tournament and when it comes to game day, a bunch of kids who are not on depth chart or team for that matter mysteriously appear and start playing, taking away valuable time from your kid who busted his [lacrosse] to make it above the travel line, and it didn't matter if you were on the top or bottom of depth chart.. total BS and 100% the truth. I would love for Gonzo who reads these threads to explain why he does this to the parents and most importantly the kids who trusted and believed in his hype!!!

This is a fact, We saw it at foxboro this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You know what they say.... If you lie, you will cheat, and if cheat you will steal that equals = Gonzo and Dukes Nationals. Snake oil scam artist. Stay away! Worse thing for the sport of lacrosse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You know what they say.... If you lie, you will cheat, and if cheat you will steal that equals = Gonzo and Dukes Nationals. Snake oil scam artist. Stay away! Worse thing for the sport of lacrosse

I always say, when you point your finger in anger, there are three pointing back at you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's a money grab . That's it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is a fact, We saw it at foxboro this year.

Fact depth chart means nothing. Saw it at foxboro and in Annapolis also. Buyer beware Gonzo only wants your money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a kid that's played on DN for awhile and what is being said is absolutely the truth! Run Forest run!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's a money grab . That's it

and people keep paying for it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I always say, when you point your finger in anger, there are three pointing back at you.

that fact that you always say this does not negate other people's experiences.

Like Reply Quote
Page 3 of 35 1 2 3 4 5 34 35
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard