BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,280
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 87 of 327 1 2 85 86 87 88 89 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ditto- i do not know your husband but anyone that volunteers their time should not be mocked or ridiculed by anonymous cowards on a website. From what I have read you should be proud of your husband.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If yu are a yellow jacket you know where to get the socks. If you need to say something say it my husband or my children do not or should not be the focus of your attacks
Jennifer Mitchell!!

Mrs. Mitchell,

Please to not let the immature,idiotic people on this site get to you. Know that you husband is a gentleman and a true teacher of the game to children.

Your children are respectful kids and tremendous lacrosse players and will be successful in whatever the choose to do.

View these posts for what they are, entertainment. No one's opinions matter except for yours and your family and friends!

Could not agree more, but when they start going after 6 th grade girls it just shows what cowards they are. I will guarantee you these same cowards would never say these same things to PM's face. The guy gives countless hours teaching lacrosse for no other reason then helping kids out. He has trained my daughter for free many times and I can tell you has never asked for anything in return.My daughter does not play on any team with any of his daughters and he has nothing to gain by training her other except perhaps the satisfaction that comes with helping a kid out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If yu are a yellow jacket you know where to get the socks. If you need to say something say it my husband or my children do not or should not be the focus of your attacks
Jennifer Mitchell!!

Mrs. Mitchell,

Please to not let the immature,idiotic people on this site get to you. Know that you husband is a gentleman and a true teacher of the game to children.

Your children are respectful kids and tremendous lacrosse players and will be successful in whatever the choose to do.

View these posts for what they are, entertainment. No one's opinions matter except for yours and your family and friends!

Could not agree more, but when they start going after 6 th grade girls it just shows what cowards they are. I will guarantee you these same cowards would never say these same things to PM's face. The guy gives countless hours teaching lacrosse for no other reason then helping kids out. He has trained my daughter for free many times and I can tell you has never asked for anything in return.My daughter does not play on any team with any of his daughters and he has nothing to gain by training her other except perhaps the satisfaction that comes with helping a kid out.

Just an observation...Many of the people so outraged by the attacks on Pete (he is a good man) are the same ones who do the attacking on other threads. I agree the personal nasty comments should go away but please don't act outraged when you yourselves are guilty as well. Just saying to BE the change you want to see that's all.

Signed,
Me

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jennifer Mitchell!!

Mrs. Mitchell,

Just an observation...Many of the people so outraged by the attacks on Pete (he is a good man) are the same ones who do the attacking on other threads. I agree the personal nasty comments should go away but please don't act outraged when you yourselves are guilty as well. Just saying to BE the change you want to see that's all.

Signed,
Me

Just one more observation when people come onto an anonymous website and state things they have no idea about as fact they look ridiculous .I have little problem when people write things about adult coaches as long as it is not made up nonsense. If you see a coach doing something that you feel they should be called out on go ahead but do not make up lies to bolster your point of view.

Signed,
Thank goodness I am not you

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Just one more observation when people come onto an anonymous website and state things they have no idea about as fact they look ridiculous .I have little problem when people write things about adult coaches as long as it is not made up nonsense. If you see a coach doing something that you feel they should be called out on go ahead but do not make up lies to bolster your point of view.

Signed,
Sorry, we missed your name? The fact that we allow "anonymous" posting here on BOTC is not the root cause of any issues. Did you ever stop to think that the thoughts that are posted here are the REAL ideas percolating around your sidelines?

Happy parents will defend their children's programs until the end - unhappy parents will air their details. Think about it.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage

Signed,
Sorry, we missed your name? The fact that we allow "anonymous" posting here on BOTC is not the root cause of any issues. Did you ever stop to think that the thoughts that are posted here are the REAL ideas percolating around your sidelines?

Happy parents will defend their children's programs until the end - unhappy parents will air their details. Think about it.

Yes cage and we have missed your name also, never stated that anonymity was the root cause but it certainly contributes to many people saying things they never would without it. Sometimes that's a good thing, sometimes when people tell blatant lies as I have seen on here about PM it is not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Signed,

Yes cage and we have missed your name also, never stated that anonymity was the root cause but it certainly contributes to many people saying things they never would without it. Sometimes that's a good thing, sometimes when people tell blatant lies as I have seen on here about PM it is not.

My previous observation was simply saying that there are personal attacks galore on this and all other threads and that you seem to be taking the ones pointed at Pete rather hard. He is a good guy and if your skin is that thin possibly you should not tune in...you have that right. Otherwise I suggest you browse the TG thread and see all the personal attacks posted there from possibly some of the same people that are so outraged here. Whatever your position you may want to read the posts thoroughly before attacking because you could be going after posters who actually agree with you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Using possibly changes the tone of what you say.While I agree with you the one thing that I find unacceptable is when people come onto the site and blatantly lie. Yes it happens on both the YJ site and TG but I personally know some of what they have said in regard to PM is complete bs so that is what I comment on. If I knew that some of what they say on the TG thread was completely false I would also say so.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Using possibly changes the tone of what you say.While I agree with you the one thing that I find unacceptable is when people come onto the site and blatantly lie. Yes it happens on both the YJ site and TG but I personally know some of what they have said in regard to PM is complete bs so that is what I comment on. If I knew that some of what they say on the TG thread was completely false I would also say so.

Fair enough. I have learned to ignore the blatant lies because no one listens to the response anyway. Some people are here to vent and/or air their dirty laundry. Let them and move on. The subject will change if left alone. Anyone who knows Pete and the rest of the targets of people's arrows knows they are all good with good intentions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fair enough. I have learned to ignore the blatant lies because no one listens to the response anyway. Some people are here to vent and/or air their dirty laundry. Let them and move on. The subject will change if left alone. Anyone who knows Pete and the rest of the targets of people's arrows knows they are all good with good intentions.

As with any topic, different people will have different insight and different reasons to suppport or defend an issue. I think the problem with the online slander is that people may have a valid gripe but then other people base their allegations upon other online complaints and it piles on from there. In the end everyone is going to have their own opinion. It is obvious that this particular coach has hard core haters and supporters of him, sorta like Obama.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As with any topic, different people will have different insight and different reasons to suppport or defend an issue. I think the problem with the online slander is that people may have a valid gripe but then other people base their allegations upon other online complaints and it piles on from there. In the end everyone is going to have their own opinion. It is obvious that this particular coach has hard core haters and supporters of him, sorta like Obama.

PM for President! Keep up the good work Pete.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If my daughter played for liberty or Top Guns would Pete train her for free?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Since we are asking questions, let BOTC ask one : Do you actually believe this to be a relevant or intelligent question? Please sharpen your pencil and think about it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn't it ironic that one of Americas greatest TOP GUN PILOTS is now a YJ coach!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

maybe if she went to the right high school...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since we are asking questions, let BOTC ask one : Do you actually believe this to be a relevant or intelligent question? Please sharpen your pencil and think about it.
Well yes , I'm serious would he? I don't have a lot of money but would like to have a good coach help my daughter. Thanks for making me feel like I had to defend a legit question by airing my personal problems on a message board. Sorry I'm not as intelligent or relevant as you all mighty "Sage"

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Well yes , I'm serious would he? I don't have a lot of money but would like to have a good coach help my daughter. Thanks for making me feel like I had to defend a legit question by airing my personal problems on a message board. Sorry I'm not as intelligent or relevant as you all mighty "Sage"
No one asked for a personal profile.

Instead of asking here on the BOTC Message Board, wouldn't it just possibly be a better idea to call the guy and ask? Since you know "Pete" by his first name, chances are you do know how to contact him.

Next topic, please.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Instead of asking here on the BOTC Message Board, wouldn't it just possibly be a better idea to call the guy and ask? Since you know "Pete" by his first name, chances are you do know how to contact him.

Next topic, please.
I didn't give a personal profile .I just asked a question

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

THAT is funny. He should be sponsored by Maverick! Who do you think should be Goose?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Next topic, please.
I didn't give a personal profile .I just asked a question
OK.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I once saw a TG coach wearing a jacket that was yellow! Crazy how this world works.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

THAT is funny. He should be sponsored by Maverick! Who do you think should be Goose?

I'm sure the men would like to know who is Charlie?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who??

Ok...for the challenged among us...
In the movie Top Gun, the character played by Tom Cruise was named Pete Mitchell, call sign Maverick. The real Pete Mitchell is the YJ coach who has been the recent topic on this thread. Hope this helps some of you out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm sure the men would like to know who is Charlie?

Oh yesssss.....Charlie! Hmmm who could that be?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who??

In the movie Top Gun, the character played by Tom Cruise was named Pete Mitchell, call sign Maverick. The real Pete Mitchell is the YJ coach who has been the recent topic on this thread. Hope this helps some of you out.

Sounds like your the president of the Tom Cruise fan club, you must have really enjoyed the volleyball scene.Time to take down your Tom Cruise poster and replace w something lax related.

Like Reply Quote
User
User

Who??

Sounds like your the president of the Tom Cruise fan club, you must have really enjoyed the volleyball scene.Time to take down your Tom Cruise poster and replace w something lax related.

This poster is what is wrong with Long Island lacrosse parents. Don't be a schmuck like this dude.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I posted the original statement to lighten up the atmosphere. While the post regarding Tom's Volleyball days was uncalled for, the previous poster could have just explained what my comment meant rather than prefacing his comment by saying 'for the challenged among us..."
BTW Misty May and Terri are going to have a charity match vs the Fly boy Volleyball team; the Top Gun edition!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Steppin'Out

Who??

This poster is what is wrong with Long Island lacrosse parents. Don't be a schmuck like this dude.

Exactly. I appreciated the explanation because I had no idea what was going on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
Originally Posted by Steppin'Out

Who??

Exactly. I appreciated the explanation because I had no idea what was going on.

Same here I thought you guys grabbed a former player from the naval academy to coach .. didnt get the reference at first but got it now..agree that the thread needed lighting up also..thanks for the effort

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is the YJ business model. Be the first girl's travel program on LI - good job. Then plug as many of your coaches as possible into the local HS programs as coaches. Then pressure the kids in those school districts to play for YJ's causing an extreme conflict of interest. Kids and parents feel they have to join out of fear of repercussions from their HS coaches. Families on lower level teams fear leaving because of those same repercussions. Then coach your kids year round which is against NYS high school rules. Then have 800 kids to tryouts and give 780 of them a spot on a team. That's elite right?
Elite should be the term reserved for the top team - or perhaps top two teams in a club such as the Yellow Jackets.

Lower level teams benefit by being part of an elite club structure and potentially gaining entrance into some showcase and tournament events from which they might be rejected. While those lower level teams themselves might not be in an elite category, they can benefit through their club association.

Whether 780 from 800 are offered team spots or 280 from 800 are offered spots, the elite teams are still the top ones within any age group. The concept of being an "elite team" does not vary with the number of spots assigned. An "elite club" is one which can consistently field "elite teams".

It is a family's call as to whether the services provided to those lower teams are worth the cost. That value judgement is done based on the family's budget, expectations, and potentially, offers from other programs.

So in the case of YJ, the top 2 teams in each group are considered elite? Can you list the top 2 teams by age group?

Five years ago the YJ probably had elite teams for both Blue & Gold, but the reality is there was no Top Guns or Elevate for girls to play for - YJ was the only game in town unless you lived in Manhasset. I would contend that the A-teams for YJ, TG and Elevate are what would have made up the YJ A & B teams five years ago, there's no question that YJ B,C,D etc are a significant drop-off from the A team and can't be considered elite by any standard. You can say what you will, but 2018 and younger YJ teams are not the same caliber as there predecessors and never will be - nothing lasts forever.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is the YJ business model. Be the first girl's travel program on LI - good job. Then plug as many of your coaches as possible into the local HS programs as coaches. Then pressure the kids in those school districts to play for YJ's causing an extreme conflict of interest. Kids and parents feel they have to join out of fear of repercussions from their HS coaches. Families on lower level teams fear leaving because of those same repercussions. Then coach your kids year round which is against NYS high school rules. Then have 800 kids to tryouts and give 780 of them a spot on a team. That's elite right?
Elite should be the term reserved for the top team - or perhaps top two teams in a club such as the Yellow Jackets.

Lower level teams benefit by being part of an elite club structure and potentially gaining entrance into some showcase and tournament events from which they might be rejected. While those lower level teams themselves might not be in an elite category, they can benefit through their club association.

Whether 780 from 800 are offered team spots or 280 from 800 are offered spots, the elite teams are still the top ones within any age group. The concept of being an "elite team" does not vary with the number of spots assigned. An "elite club" is one which can consistently field "elite teams".

It is a family's call as to whether the services provided to those lower teams are worth the cost. That value judgement is done based on the family's budget, expectations, and potentially, offers from other programs.

So in the case of YJ, the top 2 teams in each group are considered elite? Can you list the top 2 teams by age group?

Five years ago the YJ probably had elite teams for both Blue & Gold, but the reality is there was no Top Guns or Elevate for girls to play for - YJ was the only game in town unless you lived in Manhasset. I would contend that the A-teams for YJ, TG and Elevate are what would have made up the YJ A & B teams five years ago, there's no question that YJ B,C,D etc are a significant drop-off from the A team and can't be considered elite by any standard. You can say what you will, but 2018 and younger YJ teams are not the same caliber as there predecessors and never will be - nothing lasts forever.
If the "Sage" will allow me to ask a question, Why such contempt towards manhasset players and coaches

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your credibility gets completely destroyed when you mention team elevate.Yes TG top teams in the younger ages are about equal to YJ top teams but team elevate ,give me a break. Do they even play in tournaments? I also believe the YJ second level teams are far better than the TG second level teams .yes there were no top guns but express and liberty were more competitive back in the day .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Elevate? Really? That's a joke!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2017 blue is the real deal

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your credibility gets completely destroyed when you mention team elevate.Yes TG top teams in the younger ages are about equal to YJ top teams but team elevate ,give me a break. Do they even play in tournaments? I also believe the YJ second level teams are far better than the TG second level teams .yes there were no top guns but express and liberty were more competitive back in the day .

Look at the post again, what I'm saying is that if you took the top 24 girls from YJ, TG and yes even a couple from Elevate A teams that would have been what constituted YJ A & B teams five years ago, if you follow that logic to its end it would indicate that the YJ B teams are comparable to yesterdays YJ C teams or worse, so lets not say that there's very little or no difference between YJ A & B teams, because that is simply no longer the case. Which goes back to the original conversation that every YJ team is elite and the B & C teams are comparable to A teams and the're all going to be heavily sought after D1 players, blah, blah, blah.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ 2017 is the real deal and way better than 2017 TG

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

post reads 2018 and younger - teams that were formed more than 4-5 years ago, when there was no TG probaly should and do have an edge in depth because they were the only game in town for most kids. The original conversation is not the ability of YJ A teams, but the dramatic drop off in B, C, etc from the previous YJ teams before TG started competing for the same players

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Look at the post again, what I'm saying is that if you took the top 24 girls from YJ, TG and yes even a couple from Elevate A teams that would have been what constituted YJ A & B teams five years ago, if you follow that logic to its end it would indicate that the YJ B teams are comparable to yesterdays YJ C teams or worse, so lets not say that there's very little or no difference between YJ A & B teams, because that is simply no longer the case. Which goes back to the original conversation that every YJ team is elite and the B & C teams are comparable to A teams and the're all going to be heavily sought after D1 players, blah, blah, blah.

Again you can't talk about Elevate in the same breath as YJ or TG. I've looked at the rosters and coaches for younger teams. Parent coaches and local (CSH) players is what you're getting. Not the competitive draw that YJ and TG has. They just can't compete.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lot's of club teams are better than TG2017, watched M&D hammer them 16-0 last summer. Probably their weakest offering, 2018 or 2019 might be a better comparison

Like Reply Quote
Page 87 of 327 1 2 85 86 87 88 89 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard