BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 8 of 47 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 46 47
Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great to see that Millon is doing the National Championship this year for 2023s.
I was worried he might skip a year.
It was the most competitive tourney in the country for 2022s last year.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Look at the head coaches bio on the CSE website... that should tell you enough why the team folded. Would you pay 2k for that type of lacrosse experience? There are more knowledgeable coaches at Zingos and HoCo.

RR 2024 also had a hard time filling their roster. I think once your kid reaches 7th and 6th grade parents figure out who is coaching for the right reason and who is coaching strictly for their son.

Not all dad coaches are in it for their kid alone.

Agreed, but big difference between Daddy Ball and a Dad who coaches.
It's a rare Dad who can just be a coach of their own kid.
Shouldn't happen beyond 6th/7th Grade. Best for everyone.

in an ideal world you wouldn't have parent coaches, but in reality it is a must. lax has completely transitioned to club and the fees for the competitive clubs are $1500 and up, some being over $2000. not many people are going to volunteer their time especially summers to coach a team they don't have a child on without being paid and expenses for tournaments paid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So many of the best coaches in the game today have coached their sons not only in youth/middle school but also in high school and even college.

Look at the MIAA "A" Conference and almost every team has a head coach or assistant coach with a son on the team including at least the last four league champions.

At an even higher level it also seems to have worked out for Tierney, Danowski, Zimmerman, Corrigan, Desko just to name a few guys who coached their sons in college

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Evergreen 2023 is going to join HOCO and surprise everyone, with or without daddy coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Evergreen 2023 is going to join HOCO and surprise everyone, with or without daddy coaches.

They really only lack one thing.

Talent.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So many of the best coaches in the game today have coached their sons not only in youth/middle school but also in high school and even college.

Look at the MIAA "A" Conference and almost every team has a head coach or assistant coach with a son on the team including at least the last four league champions.

At an even higher level it also seems to have worked out for Tierney, Danowski, Zimmerman, Corrigan, Desko just to name a few guys who coached their sons in college

Wow, so you are saying that less than 1% of the Dad's who coach their kid ends up being a stud? Great point you made. And guess what, the guys you listed are outstanding coaches so it would make sense for their son to play for them at a great college if they are good enough.

Do you plan on coaching your son in college? How about high school? What's gonna happen when little Johnnie tries out in high school and doesn't start right away? Are you going to force your way onto the coaching staff to make sure your son starts? Call the coach and complain? It happens every year, we see kids try out and feel entitled because Dad has given them everything on the lacrosse field. Do yourself a favor and let your kid succeed and fail on their own without your help.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everone likes to talk about "Daddy Ball" on this forum. From what I have seen on the fields, the best players are typically the coaches kids. It doesn't look like anything is handed to them. They are simply good players. It's not like their dad is on the field scoring goals, saving goals or defending the goal. Talent is talent regardless if their dad is a coach. Do you think if a dad isn't coaching a team with his kid on it that your son will somehow get better? Your kid has the same chances to perform on a field as a coaches son does. If anything, it is more pressure to be a coaches kid. You probably never thought of it that way. You are to worried about your little Jonnie trying to get more playing time. Here is a tip..EARN IT! Stop trying to bring down coaches and players who have earned it.

Sometimes your son will practice harder and play harder than any kid on their team. If there is a better kid in their position then they are 2nd or 3rd string. Just because you think your son should start, doesn't mean it is true. These kids are getting older now. Size, speed and skill matters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Talent.

The 2022 Evergreen team imported an entire team from 3d added some Cav's players and will be one of the top teams in the 2nd of four tiers in HOCO league. That would not be a surprise. The top players in N.VA are still with Madlax, Cav, 3d, and newly formed teams at VLC and Club Blue if Evergreen has a great program going but is not getting the talent yet in the 2023 age group it will be a surprise however I do not think they will beat any of the aforementioned teams if they face them in HOCO they will not even be in the Elite bracket at HOCO only Madlax. I would rank them 6th or 7th in N.VA slightly ahead of Madlax DMV.
1.Madlax Cap
2. Cavalier
3. 3d
4. VLC
5. Club Blue
6. Top Caliber
7. Evergreen (Battlelax and EKLC each have age based teams and do not compete in HOCO)
8. Madlax DMV

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow, so you are saying that less than 1% of the Dad's who coach their kid ends up being a stud? Great point you made. And guess what, the guys you listed are outstanding coaches so it would make sense for their son to play for them at a great college if they are good enough.

Do you plan on coaching your son in college? How about high school? What's gonna happen when little Johnnie tries out in high school and doesn't start right away? Are you going to force your way onto the coaching staff to make sure your son starts? Call the coach and complain? It happens every year, we see kids try out and feel entitled because Dad has given them everything on the lacrosse field. Do yourself a favor and let your kid succeed and fail on their own without your help.

He said nothing of the sort. Get a fuc*ing grip dude. You sound angry. get wronged by a dad coach?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everone likes to talk about "Daddy Ball" on this forum. From what I have seen on the fields, the best players are typically the coaches kids. It doesn't look like anything is handed to them. They are simply good players. It's not like their dad is on the field scoring goals, saving goals or defending the goal. Talent is talent regardless if their dad is a coach. Do you think if a dad isn't coaching a team with his kid on it that your son will somehow get better? Your kid has the same chances to perform on a field as a coaches son does. If anything, it is more pressure to be a coaches kid. You probably never thought of it that way. You are to worried about your little Jonnie trying to get more playing time. Here is a tip..EARN IT! Stop trying to bring down coaches and players who have earned it.

Sometimes your son will practice harder and play harder than any kid on their team. If there is a better kid in their position then they are 2nd or 3rd string. Just because you think your son should start, doesn't mean it is true. These kids are getting older now. Size, speed and skill matters.

This.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Talent.

The 2022 Evergreen team imported an entire team from 3d added some Cav's players and will be one of the top teams in the 2nd of four tiers in HOCO league. That would not be a surprise. The top players in N.VA are still with Madlax, Cav, 3d, and newly formed teams at VLC and Club Blue if Evergreen has a great program going but is not getting the talent yet in the 2023 age group it will be a surprise however I do not think they will beat any of the aforementioned teams if they face them in HOCO they will not even be in the Elite bracket at HOCO only Madlax. I would rank them 6th or 7th in N.VA slightly ahead of Madlax DMV.
1.Madlax Cap
2. Cavalier
3. 3d
4. VLC
5. Club Blue
6. Top Caliber
7. Evergreen (Battlelax and EKLC each have age based teams and do not compete in HOCO)
8. Madlax DMV

Will HOCO have 3 or 4 divisions for 2023 in Spring 2018? Cavs should probably move up from A. 3d lost a lot of kids to other clubs, so I would put them lower than #3. Asked around and it sounds like Evergreen 2023 would have a hard time beating B Rec teams in NVYLL. Would be a surprise if Evergreen 2023 does not get blown out in every HOCO game. Club Blue (must be referring to NOVA Club Blue, not the team that won HOCO and beat Crabs last year) is unknown, but have not heard of any of the stronger squads losing players to them. Did hear VLC picked up players from stronger squads (Capital, 3d, etc.). Don't hear much about Top Caliber, at least at this age group. Madlax DMV is usually a mess but I would still bet them over Evergreen. Would love to see a fall "Play Day" with MadCap, Cavs, VLC and one of the Md teams (Next Level, etc.).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Talent.

1.Madlax Cap
2. Cavalier
3. 3d
4. VLC
5. Club Blue
6. Top Caliber
8. Madlax DMV

Will HOCO have 3 or 4 divisions for 2023 in Spring 2018? Cavs should probably move up from A. 3d lost a lot of kids to other clubs, so I would put them lower than #3. Asked around and it sounds like Evergreen 2023 would have a hard time beating B Rec teams in NVYLL. Would be a surprise if Evergreen 2023 does not get blown out in every HOCO game. Club Blue (must be referring to NOVA Club Blue, not the team that won HOCO and beat Crabs last year) is unknown, but have not heard of any of the stronger squads losing players to them. Did hear VLC picked up players from stronger squads (Capital, 3d, etc.). Don't hear much about Top Caliber, at least at this age group. Madlax DMV is usually a mess but I would still bet them over Evergreen. Would love to see a fall "Play Day" with MadCap, Cavs, VLC and one of the Md teams (Next Level, etc.).

If your kids can't make an Elite team you are wasting your time and money playing club lacrosse.... Go back to Rec where it is fun, safe, and less competitive...... Every kids should not be playing club.....Clubs are stealing your money! This is ridiculous and carrying out the mentality that everyone's kids should have an opportunity to play club and criticize Elite clubs and their coaches.... Good Lord..... Your KID is not good enough to play ELITE then don't play CLUB!!! You are ruining the purpose of club lacrosse!!!!!!Fin cry babies on this forum

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If your kids can't make an Elite team you are wasting your time and money playing club lacrosse.... Go back to Rec where it is fun, safe, and less competitive...... Every kids should not be playing club.....Clubs are stealing your money! This is ridiculous and carrying out the mentality that everyone's kids should have an opportunity to play club and criticize Elite clubs and their coaches.... Good Lord..... Your KID is not good enough to play ELITE then don't play CLUB!!! You are ruining the purpose of club lacrosse!!!!!!Fin cry babies on this forum

Easy killer. Lose your hat?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Talent.

1.Madlax Cap
2. Cavalier
3. 3d
4. VLC
5. Club Blue
6. Top Caliber
8. Madlax DMV

This must be a MD dad. They are pissed when other Virginia teams have any discussion here so maybe a separate board is needed for NOVA teams. Many of the kids on these teams will play college lacrosse and many will play for top D1 teams. These are the top teams in N.VA where the sport still does not have as much participation but this still represents to the top teams. Do not worry about my money a 3K annual fee is less than the bar tab I have at Trump's golf club in Loudoun not even the cost of my weekend ski trips.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Talent.

1.Madlax Cap
2. Cavalier
3. 3d
4. VLC
5. Club Blue
6. Top Caliber
8. Madlax DMV

This must be a MD dad. They are pissed when other Virginia teams have any discussion here so maybe a separate board is needed for NOVA teams. Many of the kids on these teams will play college lacrosse and many will play for top D1 teams. These are the top teams in N.VA where the sport still does not have as much participation but this still represents to the top teams. Do not worry about my money a 3K annual fee is less than the bar tab I have at Trump's golf club in Loudoun not even the cost of my weekend ski trips.

Well loddy freakin Dah.... Aren't you so fancy....Taking my kids to the Carnival tonight...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your kids can't make an Elite team you are wasting your time and money playing club lacrosse.... Go back to Rec where it is fun, safe, and less competitive...... Every kids should not be playing club.....Clubs are stealing your money! This is ridiculous and carrying out the mentality that everyone's kids should have an opportunity to play club and criticize Elite clubs and their coaches.... Good Lord..... Your KID is not good enough to play ELITE then don't play CLUB!!! You are ruining the purpose of club lacrosse!!!!!!Fin cry babies on this forum[/quote]

There should be two divisions per group, don't care what you call them, AA/A, Elite/Almost Elite, Great/Good, A/B, 1/2. Anyone below those two divisions aren't ready for club, and can keep playing rec until they are ready. To say there should only be one level, though, is not realistic. Three and four divisions is ridiculous, agreed. Problem is, people are paying to be on these awful lowest level teams, and supply/demand dictates over right/wrong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If your kid made an Elite team and is on the 3rd or 4th middie line, or is the 5th or 6th attack or defenseman, or is the 2nd or 3rd LPM, or is a backup goalie, make sure you enjoy their 2-5 mins of PT and don't be late paying your dues. And remember an Elite team's roster is never closed, look forward to meeting new parents come summer maybe sooner.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There should be two divisions per group, don't care what you call them, AA/A, Elite/Almost Elite, Great/Good, A/B, 1/2. Anyone below those two divisions aren't ready for club, and can keep playing rec until they are ready. To say there should only be one level, though, is not realistic. Three and four divisions is ridiculous, agreed. Problem is, people are paying to be on these awful lowest level teams, and supply/demand dictates over right/wrong.

[/quote]
I do not think the money angle is the best argument. If a family has the means and is willing to play on a weak club team, they can waste their money however they want. As Rec does not play year round, I could see why a weak player would want to play year round on even a crappy club team. Club coaching should be better but that is not always true. But do agree that if we are having a discussion on whether the best 2023 teams in the area have gotten better/worse after fall tryouts, clubs Evergreen and EKLC should not even be part of the conversation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IMHO, the 2023 NOVA-only rankings heading into the fall pretty much track the one above except:

TOP TIER
1. Madlax Cap
2. Cavalier
3. VLC

MIDDLE TIER
4. 3d
5. (tie) Club Blue NOVA
5. (tie) Madlax DMV
5. (tie) Top Caliber

BOTTOM TIER
8. Evergreen

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Evergreen in bottom tier??? Rumor has it they will beat Madlax 2023 and be competitive with defending HOCO champ Club Blue and Crabs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes this is a joke vlc a new 2023 team better than the defending champ club blue cmon

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes this is a joke vlc a new 2023 team better than the defending champ club blue cmon

I think the Evergreen comment was a joke. As far as VLC this is accurate both VLC and Club Blue Nova are brand new teams and hard to rank. Where did the players come from? However this is a NoVA only ranking I do not think anyone would rank these teams ahead of the MD Club Blue team. Relax

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think the Evergreen comment was a joke. As far as VLC this is accurate both VLC and Club Blue Nova are brand new teams and hard to rank. Where did the players come from? However this is a NoVA only ranking I do not think anyone would rank these teams ahead of the MD Club Blue team. Relax

Evergreen must have been and is a joke. VLC 2023 intel [from VLC coaching staff friend who does not coach 2023] says this is the best 7th grade class that they have had in years and kids from Next Level, Madlax Capital, Cavs, 3d, 2023 kids who played up on VLC 2022 last year, and others. No intel on Club Blue NOVA. Anyone?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
madlax capital should drop to AA. all top players have left for better coaching. If they play elite they will not win a game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
madlax capital should drop to AA. all top players have left for better coaching. If they play elite they will not win a game.

So all the Madlax kids left for who??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs 2023 will continue to be the top team in the area. They picked up a heck of a lot of talent at tryouts. Watch out for the new players

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
a few went to Crabs last year, some went to VLC, 2022's left for Blackwolf but not sure if 2023 did too. Problem is it was the best kids that left. They are still solid, but losing best players doesn't bode well for Elite division in HOCO when you weren't in the top half before.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
a few went to Crabs last year, some went to VLC, 2022's left for Blackwolf but not sure if 2023 did too. Problem is it was the best kids that left. They are still solid, but losing best players doesn't bode well for Elite division in HOCO when you weren't in the top half before.

This sounds right. Capital can still crush all the other 2023 NOVA teams though Cavs and VLC might present a challenge. But Capital still beats 3d by 8-10 goals and Evergreen by 20 goals. Unless Capital picked up some new kids, especially at mid, who can play, my bet is that they will struggle in HOCO Elite. Nothing wrong with being the king of AA if you do not have the horses for Elite. No one has the best team in every age group. For example, Madlax 2024 is probably the best in the nation and 2023 is not. That's the way it goes sometimes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Next Level seems to pick up 1 or 2 new Capital kids every season. At least one left for NL this fall.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Club Blue MD, Next Level, Crabs, Hawks, BLC, FCA & Looneys will all be competitive with one another in the spring. Lot of parity at this age amongst those 7. Madlax, 91 & Roughriders who were all in elite last year will not be able to compete and don't think there are any other teams that can step up to top level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This sounds right. Capital can still crush all the other 2023 NOVA teams though Cavs and VLC might present a challenge. But Capital still beats 3d by 8-10 goals and Evergreen by 20 goals. Unless Capital picked up some new kids, especially at mid, who can play, my bet is that they will struggle in HOCO Elite. Nothing wrong with being the king of AA if you do not have the horses for Elite. No one has the best team in every age group. For example, Madlax 2024 is probably the best in the nation and 2023 is not. That's the way it goes sometimes.

So after reading this if I was the dad of the best Mid on 3D,VLC or Cavs I would be at the Madlax 2023 tryouts this spring. Or I would be emailing them to see if I can get a late tryout. This is what this site is best for get some Intel and work it for your own good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to A, B and C. I guess someone had their feelings hurt and needed to be "Elite" and "AA". LOL. Same Shizzle, different name.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So after reading this if I was the dad of the best Mid on 3D,VLC or Cavs I would be at the Madlax 2023 tryouts this spring. Or I would be emailing them to see if I can get a late tryout. This is what this site is best for get some Intel and work it for your own good.

Nice try, Cabell

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Next Level seems to pick up 1 or 2 new Capital kids every season. At least one left for NL this fall.

You are correct if you are not starting for Madlax Cap. you should go to NL very smart move.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice try, Cabell

I think what hurts Madlax is the tryout process and the risk of being stuck on the DMV team after fees are paid. They do not confirm team assignment do players need to commit which is why I think they would opt for another team like NL. The top CAV players are too far from Bethesda for practice and very happy with Cav's. They will soon challenge madlax as top NOVA team. . I have to wonder if the players that left teams are really the top players? Usually players look to move if they are not getting enough playing time. I do not think they are flocking to madlax, evergreen is still not good at this age group. Sounds like VLC added but are they top players from Madlax Cap and NL? Did they really get AA players from 3d? did 3d have top players? If they added players from last years 2022 team that team was not great. Club Blue NOVA. S is an unknown. Fact is that there is too many NOVA teams and not enough talent for any NOVA team to compete at the Elite HOCO level. Still good teams just not ready to challenge teams like Hawks, Crabs, CB at 2023.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One notable problem with Madlax tryouts for new players is that they won't immediately tell you if your son will be on the Capital team or the state team. They ask you to commit to payment and then play throughout fall before you know which team he'll be on for tournaments. If any Madlax coaches are following, I know several strong 2023 players that would gone to Madlax but for the lack of team certainty. Having a sure roster slot on the best of the CB, NL, Cavs teams is better than potentially getting stuck on the Madlax state team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One notable problem with Madlax tryouts for new players is that they won't immediately tell you if your son will be on the Capital team or the state team. They ask you to commit to payment and then play throughout fall before you know which team he'll be on for tournaments. If any Madlax coaches are following, I know several strong 2023 players that would gone to Madlax but for the lack of team certainty. Having a sure roster slot on the best of the CB, NL, Cavs teams is better than potentially getting stuck on the Madlax state team.

Amen brother. 100% true.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The top CAV players are too far from Bethesda for practice and very happy with Cav's. They will soon challenge madlax as top NOVA team.

Not even close. There is not a Cavalier team better than either BW or VLC. Look at Cavs college commit list - it is a total joke. Look at the tournaments they play in - total joke. They are far behind BW, Madlax and VLC and don't appear anywhere near close enough to close the gap.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
madlax can't win at 2023 there best players have all left. BW doesn't have 2023. Does club blue VA have a team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many 2023 players do BW Madlax and VLC have committed to college? Cav's has the same number of committed players as all of these teams combined. I would love to hear about how good Blackwolf's 2023 team will play in HOCO this spring. I bet the do not win a game in HOCO. Cav's lost two games intwo seasons of HOCO and should consider moving up. VLC 2023 has not played a game yet and is players who were not the top Cav players NL and 3d. They may be stronger in older teams but this is a 2023 page

Page 8 of 47 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard