BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Boys 2020 - 10th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My kid is on age and verbally committed. He didn't have to play the reclass game to get offers from D1 schools. I'm calling a spade a spade - there are a slew of kids who in anyone's book outside the world of private school lacrosse who are ridiculously old for their grade. Own your cheating ways....

You are totally full of sh*t. Stop being negative. There are other reasons kids repeat a year other than sports but you just assume it is for sports only. And, whatever the reason it is none of your or any body else's business.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
THEY ARE IN HIGH SCHOOL NOW. IT'S TIME FOR PARENTS TO REALIZE THAT AND STOP WHINING!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020's are in high school now so reclassification should not even be on the table for discussion. One year makes a big difference in the middle school years. One year does not make a big difference in high school. Get over it or change sports if your kid is not able to compete at the high school level, but stop dogging the kids who are doing well. Your kid should find whatever he is good at and pursue it with a passion instead of the two of you tearing others down to try to minimize his inadequacies on the lacrosse field.

Spoken like a true holdback parent.

It's only one extra year your kid will have to wait until mine can give him a job. Be patient, mine spent an extra year in school early, yours can spend an extra one at the beach late. Relax, we got this..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's my business because on age kids have to play against your cheating spawn.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me guess you held your kid back so he could get recruited and get a fuuuuulllll ride. How did that work out for ya?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You mean play with. You want to win some games, right?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope, it is not your business, never has been and never will be. Let me guess, you are the neiborhood snoop, wants to know everyone's business. Makes no difference who your kid plays against. Its within the rules/guidelines, grade based. Either live with it or get it changed but in the meantime, put a sock in it. And one more time, you do not know why a kid had to repeat a grade, could be many other reasons other than sports. And that reason is still none of your business.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On-age in MIAA is under 19 as of Sept. 1 of Senior year. And queue someone that still doesn't understand facts, and can only resort to name-calling in a debate, in 3,2,1...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me guess you held your kid back so he could get recruited and get a fuuuuulllll ride. How did that work out for ya?

You make the butthurt losers whining about holdbacks even look a step closer to reasonable when you come at us with this mindless drivel.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On-age in MIAA is under 19 as of Sept. 1 of Senior year. And queue someone that still doesn't understand facts, and can only resort to name-calling in a debate, in 3,2,1...

What in the [lacrosse] are you talking about? You probably don't even know, in 3,2,1 ...BOOM

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You make the butthurt losers whining about holdbacks even look a step closer to reasonable when you come at us with this mindless drivel.

You should post your kid's name and birthdate if you're so proud about his holdback status, but inside you're ashamed and will continue to hide it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What in the [lacrosse] are you talking about? You probably don't even know, in 3,2,1 ...BOOM

Honey, did you fart, or was that your brain overheating?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You should post your kid's name and birthdate if you're so proud about his holdback status, but inside you're ashamed and will continue to hide it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No sweetie, that was your loud brain fart we all heard. Again we all ask, what are you talking about? Thought so, you have no clue. Such a waste.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pre-first, reclass, PG. Every trick in the book to give your kid an advantage over his opponent on the field. It's comical...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The BW owner prefers raping 14 yr. girls and then threatening to kill them. If you don't believe me, read it yourself: h**

Can anyone confirm that the Blackwolf owner is this same guy in this article? 26 years old with a 15 year old girl at a school. And people really want to talk about the Madlax owner yelling at kids and mean emails? I guess you all do not care because you have boys?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No sweetie, that was your loud brain fart we all heard. Again we all ask, what are you talking about? Thought so, you have no clue. Such a waste.

MIAA has cap on age, which is 19 or older as of Sept. 1 of Senior year, for eligibility to play sports. So when you ding dongs talk about "on age", as if we are still in U9 ball, you are just spouting off gibberish. Anyone eligible in HS is "on age".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MIAA has cap on age, which is 19 or older as of Sept. 1 of Senior year, for eligibility to play sports. So when you ding dongs talk about "on age", as if we are still in U9 ball, you are just spouting off gibberish. Anyone eligible in HS is "on age".

Well how many kids leave the MIAA school and go to Prep school because they are too old?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pre-first, reclass, PG. Every trick in the book to give your kid an advantage over his opponent on the field. It's comical...

Absolutely, except nothing you mention is a trick. Prefirst, repeating a grade in the midst of a public to private MS transfer, and PG are great methods to improve education and experience in sports. Widely practiced in most sports for many decades. Every HS and College system has eligibility requirements. Competing by birthday year after Middle School has never been a thing, and it's ridiculous to hear people on here trying to make a thing out of it. It's not a thing!! We can't bracket life using the U9 system!! At work, should there be a U47 accounts receivable department..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well how many kids leave the MIAA school and go to Prep school because they are too old?

Zero, I suppose, unless true post-grad Prep Schools have started accepting students without a High School diploma. I think you meant to ask, how many kids couldn't play their Senior year of HS because they were no longer eligible. I don't know, I've played, coached, and parented within the MIAA for three decades, and don't know of any. I'm sure it has happened. So that very rare, unknown, maybe non-existent, fraction of a fraction of a fraction person that may have done that (if they exist and are still alive), is that who you are in an uproar about? Is that the person that should drive the reworking of the system?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So lets be clear I got held back in Kindergarten in a public school with a June Birthday. I was 18 my senior year. When I look back I felt the advantage when I played sports. So with the 19 by Sept 1 rule I could of did Kindergarten 3 times and still played all four years of high school ball. And you want people to not be upset that 75% of these teams kids getting D1 spots are two years older then a public school kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So lets be clear I got held back in Kindergarten in a public school with a June Birthday. I was 18 my senior year. When I look back I felt the advantage when I played sports. So with the 19 by Sept 1 rule I could of did Kindergarten 3 times and still played all four years of high school ball. And you want people to not be upset that 75% of these teams kids getting D1 spots are two years older then a public school kid.

99% of these boys are on Elite teams that 99% of the players out there, re-class or not can't make anyway.

So your upset that Coaches from the top D1 programs are looking for the biggest, strongest, fastest athletes that also have great IQ and stick skills?

Most of the worlds population will never be good enough to participate at the Elite level of anything in life. Get over it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Everyone that doubts pre-first, I give you - this dude.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Um, I think so, but then I kind of think no when I read again. I'm just not sure.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"So let's be clear", then literally made clarity cease to exist

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They do have an official cap of no older than 19 Sept 1 , senior year. Has been look the other way a few times. It is a private league.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Show me an early commit that plays for the Crabs, FCA, etc. and I'll show you a kid that wouldn't be verbally committed without dropping down a grade or two.... If you aint cheatin, you aint tryin....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Show me an early commit that plays for the Crabs, FCA, etc. and I'll show you a kid that wouldn't be verbally committed without dropping down a grade or two.... If you aint cheatin, you aint tryin....

Really picking at fiddlesticks at this point. If you retroactively pushed all holdbacks in the current HS classes back ahead one year, yes these would be the commits for the year ahead. Yes, they would still commit over the 2019 publics that are available. omg with the freakin scenarios. Except for one of those that literally bought it, I'll give you that one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really picking at fiddlesticks at this point. If you retroactively pushed all holdbacks in the current HS classes back ahead one year, yes these would be the commits for the year ahead. Yes, they would still commit over the 2019 publics that are available. omg with the freakin scenarios. Except for one of those that literally bought it, I'll give you that one.

There are actually three FCA 2020 early commits who all played for a few years at the 2019 level until the summer before their eighth grade year. (They did not reclass to move to 2020) They are all on age and committed early because they stood out even at the 2019 level. Coaches were already watching them a year before they began talking to them. I'm just going to also assume that they are not the only early committed 2020's who are on age and who are excellent players.

You sound a bit irrational and bitter about the commitment process. What you're saying just isn't true no matter how much you want it to be.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are actually three FCA 2020 early commits who all played for a few years at the 2019 level until the summer before their eighth grade year. (They did not reclass to move to 2020) They are all on age and committed early because they stood out even at the 2019 level. Coaches were already watching them a year before they began talking to them. I'm just going to also assume that they are not the only early committed 2020's who are on age and who are excellent players.

You sound a bit irrational and bitter about the commitment process. What you're saying just isn't true no matter how much you want it to be.

4 of those FCA kids were born before 9-1-01. Several in the 2-2001 to 4-2001. One re-classed in MS, one is a pre-first and 2 started late due to summer birthdays.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

4 of those FCA kids were born before 9-1-01. Several in the 2-2001 to 4-2001. One re-classed in MS, one is a pre-first and 2 started late due to summer birthdays.

Man under armor really messed up when they posted all those kids Birthdays. I wish the birthday was public info. Not to go after the kid but just so the parents have to live up to the plan they went with.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are more than 3 that played up and are now on 2020. Those kids are recruited because they played up for years and got better. I can cite countless examples of kids (boys and girls) playing up and getting better. You can split hairs all you want about summer birthdays. I would hold a BOY with a summer birthday back 100% of the time. One of those kids would ricochet like a pinball in front of the cage, get de-cleated and still put the ball in the net. That is why he is going to a top 5 program. Give the hold back argument a rest. That is all anyone could talk about when my 2018 was in middle school and now no one cares. Heck, no one comments on the 2018s anymore. Until the governing bodies of lacrosse do something, hold backs will exist.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You sound a bit irrational and bitter about the commitment process. What you're saying just isn't true no matter how much you want it to be.[/quote]

4 of those FCA kids were born before 9-1-01. Several in the 2-2001 to 4-2001. One re-classed in MS, one is a pre-first and 2 started late due to summer birthdays.[/quote]

Let's make it easier for you, so you don't have to burn yourself out trying to over-analyze and over-explain. All of those kids will have productive HS Varsity and some level of College lax careers, so it doesn't really matter how or why they got there, how or why eligibility rules are what they are, or how many birthday parties they have had. If a College is interested in you, it matters zero if you did pre-first, repeated a grade, wore a blue collared shirt on Thursday, or had eggs for breakfast on Tuesday - they are just interested, because they like your play and think you can fit in their system. Reading you droll on about months, Summers, whether they packed lunch in Kindergarten, birthdays, I mean you could count leaves on a tree, send out a report to the anonymous lax forum, and spark more interest. Let it go honey, let it go.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Man under armor really messed up when they posted all those kids Birthdays. I wish the birthday was public info. Not to go after the kid but just so the parents have to live up to the plan they went with.

If it was by age, it would just be 90% private school kids from the grade below on the roster, and the same few public school kids. It's by grade, because they want to see recruiting classes. They want experience. They don't care who is the best 15 year old. Even with prefirst and repeating, red-shirting is still common. If there could be two extra post-collegiate grades, College coaches would love it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Several +1 +1 + 2 does not equal 4. You are wrong. They are committed so it does not matter. Give it a rest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

4 of those FCA kids were born before 9-1-01. Several in the 2-2001 to 4-2001. One re-classed in MS, one is a pre-first and 2 started late due to summer birthdays.[/quote]

Let's make it easier for you, so you don't have to burn yourself out trying to over-analyze and over-explain. All of those kids will have productive HS Varsity and some level of College lax careers, so it doesn't really matter how or why they got there, how or why eligibility rules are what they are, or how many birthday parties they have had. If a College is interested in you, it matters zero if you did pre-first, repeated a grade, wore a blue collared shirt on Thursday, or had eggs for breakfast on Tuesday - they are just interested, because they like your play and think you can fit in their system. Reading you droll on about months, Summers, whether they packed lunch in Kindergarten, birthdays, I mean you could count leaves on a tree, send out a report to the anonymous lax forum, and spark more interest. Let it go honey, let it go.
[/quote]
I think you are missing the point. How did they gain this interest you are speaking of? They where aloud to shine and excel playing kids 18 months younger? We can agree the system puts kids in Grad years. So if you are 18 months old for this grade you have a mathematical advantage every time you are on a field. I agree you still have to be a great player. But if you got 80% more playing time from 3rd grade tell 10th grade because you where 18 months older this is the issue. Yes this is crying of a broken system but truth is truth.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA commits are on age. Sure. You guys are a hoot. If you think those early recruited kids didn't gain an advantage by re-classing you are a delusional. Wonder why Crabs and FCA aren't rolling over teams like they did in the 8th grade? Its because their on age opponents have finally hit puberty. The gig is up now that they are in high school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA commits are on age. Sure. You guys are a hoot. If you think those early recruited kids didn't gain an advantage by re-classing you are a delusional. Wonder why Crabs and FCA aren't rolling over teams like they did in the 8th grade? Its because their on age opponents have finally hit puberty. The gig is up now that they are in high school.

If you want to continue to focus on speculating about wether or not kids are reclassed (who actually aren't reclassed) then spin your wheels about it. It's not helping you or your son out to do so. Playing up an age group for several years and playing up an age group against kids who were already reclassed in that age group is why they got better and were recruited early. It's not because they are 5 days older than 9/1/01.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]
I think you are missing the point. How did they gain this interest you are speaking of? They where aloud to shine and excel playing kids 18 months younger? We can agree the system puts kids in Grad years. So if you are 18 months old for this grade you have a mathematical advantage every time you are on a field. I agree you still have to be a great player. But if you got 80% more playing time from 3rd grade tell 10th grade because you where 18 months older this is the issue. Yes this is crying of a broken system but truth is truth.
[/quote]

I understand obsessive and unhinged people perfectly. Unless you are talking about your own kid/s, there is no point, because you shouldn't be talking about kids that don't belong to you, anonymously or not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is no such thing as "on age" relevant to your discussion. HS isn't by age. Club HS isn't by age. Public school system typical age by grade is not a thing that controls other things.
Crabs and FCA are top 5 Nationally. If that's not rolling, I guess I'll just take that instead of rolling. They aren't undefeated or perfect, so hopefully you'll take some solace, maybe some deep breaths, and go find something else to obsess over. When they both go like 40-5 again this year against the best competition, you'll have some limited time to be excited. Enjoy, cheers.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard