BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Boys 2021 - 9th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Dc express picked up 7 new kids and cut several.

Shows a fair process.

New kids are from Virginia, Annapolis, and Baltimore

How many of these 7 are going to the A team? How many of the cuts were from the A team? Which club teams from VA, Annapolis and Baltimore?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is all A Team - Black Team.

All 7 made A and cuts were from A

Hawks, 3D, Bitmore and one move up from B Team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is all A Team - Black Team.

All 7 made A and cuts were from A

Hawks, 3D, Bitmore and one move up from B Team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So it sounds like DCE 2021 and VLC have reloaded. Any word on Madlax 2021?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow. How do you know this - through group emails or word of mouth or published roster? DCE isn't content on resting on their laurels. Shot across the bow to all those other clubs.

Hi, DCE dad.

DC Express 2021 is excellent (other than having obnoxious parents). Getting a few 3d kids is not something to boast about.

Those 3d kids are good players and made the team. Truth is many teams have top players on the B team (although they won AAA which is called B compared to Elite) that are an upgrade from the less skilled players on the elite team. I think the DCE coaches know this are are glad to get these kids on the team.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think a VLC player made DCE. Not sure if he's A or B.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did DCE get away with charging $95 for a tryout PLUS another $225 for a basically mandatory tryout prep camp? Did the coaches wear ski masks and carry guns?

Are Montgomery County parents really that stupid? Guess they didn't realize the 2021 team would be splitting apart, which means the end of DCE.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did DCE get away with charging $95 for a tryout PLUS another $225 for a basically mandatory tryout prep camp? Did the coaches wear ski masks and carry guns?

Are Montgomery County parents really that stupid? Guess they didn't realize the 2021 team would be splitting apart, which means the end of DCE.

Total money grab....stay FAR FAR away from those clowns. They are one rung above Mad Whack and his evil empire.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wait to you pay $850.00 for fall ball.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry to disappoint - no VLC Player made DCE - one pole was very close though.

DCE did not split up / likely written by one of the kids that got cut. No one left by choice - 4 boys were cut.

DCE 2021 got better and 2022 is even better than 2021 - loaded with kids.

Sorry DMV competitors / DCE is by far too team at 21 and 22 .

See a trend......?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

DCE did not split up / likely written by one of the kids that got cut. No one left by choice - 4 boys were cut.

See a trend......?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks use to be excellent at this age group until BK... good luck dealing with him Spaulding.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

See a trend......?

Yes, besdies english being your 2nd language, your post is a sad attempt to lie to families who haven't committed yet. Nearly half the starters have bolted, and nearly half the team is new. Had a grear year last year as one of the 3 best teams in the country, but keeping kids from a rec league was never going to work.

As for 2022, you are crazy. They will be nowhere near as strong as the 2021 was last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yeah they are not even close to madlax capitol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DCE will be really strong with the additions they made.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yeah they are not even close to madlax capitol

Madlax 2021 is terrible. DCE was an elite team before everyone bolted, but Madlax was never a top tier team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

See a trend......?

Yes, besdies english being your 2nd language, your post is a sad attempt to lie to families who haven't committed yet. Nearly half the starters have bolted, and nearly half the team is new. Had a grear year last year as one of the 3 best teams in the country, but keeping kids from a rec league was never going to work.

As for 2022, you are crazy. They will be nowhere near as strong as the 2021 was last year.

See a trend......?

2022 should be just as good. Several players decided to reclass to go along with the other teammates already held-back.. It is the MD way!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a single starter left DCE / all the starters have been on the team
For years. No offers were turned down for this team - this year or for past 7 years / always 100% acceptance / that's what happens when a team is run well and is able to compete with anyone / no reason to ever leave

Every year bottom 3-4 kids are cut / that's also what good teams do

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But in 2022 madlax is better

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a single starter left DCE / all the starters have been on the team
For years. No offers were turned down for this team - this year or for past 7 years / always 100% acceptance / that's what happens when a team is run well and is able to compete with anyone / no reason to ever leave

Every year bottom 3-4 kids are cut / that's also what good teams do

The 100% acceptance rate is not true.
Attackman from Club Blue last year declined an offer from DCE to stay with Club Blue - that boy now plays for Blackwolf

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ride or die... Shame for those kids left without a team. No brainer now - Md 89+2 must return to second tier. Had no business moving from A to AA last season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now those kids know how Looney's parents feel. One fall, Looney's axed their Rising Freshman AND Rising Sophomore teams, leaving those kids scrambling.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

See a trend......?

I heard the DCE 2021 lost to hawks 2022 last year indoors.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is Next Level 2021 shaping up?

Depends who accepts an offer.

If the kids that showed up at tryouts actually accept, the team will be much better than last year. If not, could be another long year

Any updates on NL 2021?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hear Rough Riders 2021 is still going to be horrible this year. Joke of a club

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If the kids that showed up at tryouts actually accept, the team will be much better than last year. If not, could be another long year

Any updates on NL 2021?

Improved at Goalie, D, and Middie
Attack about the same

Should be better

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hear Rough Riders 2021 is still going to be horrible this year. Joke of a club

What valuable insight! Keep up the good work.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any updates on NL 2021?

Attack about the same

Should be better

I like NL. Glad to see they are improving. Which clubs did these new additions come from?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any updates on NL 2021?

Attack about the same

Should be better

I like NL. Glad to see they are improving. Which clubs did these new additions come from?

Club Blue, DCE B, Madlax Capital, 3D

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are the horrible JOKE.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any updates on NL 2021?

Attack about the same

Should be better

Club Blue, DCE B, Madlax Capital, 3D

I get why CB, DCE B and 3D kids would migrate to NL. But why would a Madlax Capital player? Believe me, not a ML booster. I also love those NL guys. But if you want to be recruited, isn't that a step backwards?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because Madlax is declining and now that there are several decent clibs, nobody wants to give their money to that lunatic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I get why CB, DCE B and 3D kids would migrate to NL. But why would a Madlax Capital player? Believe me, not a ML booster. I also love those NL guys. But if you want to be recruited, isn't that a step backwards?

NL plays in the same level of recruiting tournaments as DCE A, Madlax Capital, Hawks, etc. so being a starter on NL gets you the same amount of exposure as playing on one of those teams.
I don't understand why a player would rather sit on the bench and never play just so they can say their team won the tournament

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NL plays in the same level of recruiting tournaments as DCE A, Madlax Capital, Hawks, etc. so being a starter on NL gets you the same amount of exposure as playing on one of those teams.
I don't understand why a player would rather sit on the bench and never play just so they can say their team won the tournament

But does Next Level have any reputation with the college coaches? I can't even find a list of any commits on their website. Crabs, VLC and Madlax are very transparent about that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But does Next Level have any reputation with the college coaches? I can't even find a list of any commits on their website. Crabs, VLC and Madlax are very transparent about that.

The college coaches do not need a club owner to tell them a kid is good or not. They ask for a heads up for a attackman or whatever position they need. But as long as you are on the field they are watching its 99% up to your son to do something worth them circling his name. Once they circle your sons name its on. And how ever they did it NL is on the field with the big boys now. So I agree if you can start for NL or you are a bench player at Madlax Cap. you should play for NL. The club owners do not make your son a D1 player he does with his work and his size,speed and grades. You do not need to be a former D1 stud to answer a question about what kind of kid is he.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, not even close. They do not play in the same quality of tournaments as Madlax and VLC.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, not even close. They do not play in the same quality of tournaments as Madlax and VLC.

Tour statement is incorrect

This past summer NL played in Crab Feast and Terrapin Young Guns - same as DCE A team
The third tournament was hosted by SweetLax which has as good of a reputation as any club in the country

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]NL plays in the same level of recruiting tournaments as DCE A, Madlax Capital, Hawks, etc. so being a starter on NL gets you the same amount of exposure as playing on one of those teams.

Tour statement is incorrect

This past summer NL played in Crab Feast and Terrapin Young Guns - same as DCE A team
The third tournament was hosted by SweetLax which has as good of a reputation as any club in the country

NL is playing in good tournaments at the high school level. Just look at the high schools the 2018/2019 kids play for. They do not win these tournaments but they are on the field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Across the board, Next Level is way behind Madlax, VLC, BW. Way behind.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Across the board, Next Level is way behind Madlax, VLC, BW. Way behind.

agreed with 2018 and 2019, NL isn't as good as the other 3
BUT
at 2020 NL has the best team of the group
at 2021 NL is equal to VLC and BW but slightly behind Madlax
at 2022 NL is right behind Madlax and ahead of VLC
at 2023 and younger NL is equal to ML and ahead of VLC

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard