BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15
Re: Boys 2021 - 9th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]The Crabs should be the best because their whole team in full of re-classed kids. Total sham...

aren't they embarrassed!!!!!![/quote

No, the Crabs aren't embarrassed. That is the problem, they have no shame. 15, 16 year olds playing 14 year olds and they actually have the gall to say they are the best. Unfortunately for them, early recruiting is over. My 16 year old is a senior in high school. Their 16myear old is a 9th grader. Whaaaaat? LOL. Only time will tell what happens in the long run, but I for one believe their time is running out.

You are really off base., There are no 16 year old kids on Crabs 2021 team. You just seem like a troll who wants to stir crap up. Your 16 year old is a senior in high school? That I call pure BS. But if it makes you happy just keep trolling, have at it.

Crabs coach responded to a blog that all 2021 kids on the team were born in 2001 and 2002. Stop denying it. Your coach already admitted it. Also the reason you find it so hard to believe that 16 year olds could be seniors in high school on Long Island is because the Crabs 16 year olds are freshman. But it is true. There are 16 year old seniors on Long Island. It just shows how pathetic the Crabs are even if all the kids were born in 2002 and not both 2001 and 2002 like your coach already admitted.

My older boy turned 16 in HS as well very common on LI

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]The Crabs should be the best because their whole team in full of re-classed kids. Total sham...

No, the Crabs aren't embarrassed. That is the problem, they have no shame. 15, 16 year olds playing 14 year olds and they actually have the gall to say they are the best. Unfortunately for them, early recruiting is over. My 16 year old is a senior in high school. Their 16 year old is a 9th grader. Whaaaaat? LOL. Only time will tell what happens in the long run, but I for one believe their time is running out.

You are really off base., There are no 16 year old kids on Crabs 2021 team. You just seem like a troll who wants to stir crap up. Your 16 year old is a senior in high school? That I call pure BS. But if it makes you happy just keep trolling, have at it.

Crabs coach responded to a blog that all 2021 kids on the team were born in 2001 and 2002. Stop denying it. Your coach already admitted it. Also the reason you find it so hard to believe that 16 year olds could be seniors in high school on Long Island is because the Crabs 16 year olds are freshman. But it is true. There are 16 year old seniors on Long Island. It just shows how pathetic the Crabs are even if all the kids were born in 2002 and not both 2001 and 2002 like your coach already admitted.

A 'true' on-age 2021 on Long Island right now is 14!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, the Crabs aren't embarrassed. That is the problem, they have no shame. 15, 16 year olds playing 14 year olds and they actually have the gall to say they are the best. Unfortunately for them, early recruiting is over. My 16 year old is a senior in high school. Their 16 year old is a 9th grader. Whaaaaat? LOL. Only time will tell what happens in the long run, but I for one believe their time is running out.

There you go again.
, spouting off inaccurate information. Seems there is no end to your journey.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There you go again.
, spouting off inaccurate information. Seems there is no end to your journey.

It is true ask your coach. Crabs put out a video and interviewed two or three kids from the 2021 team and the comments were many accusing those kids of being born in 2000. They did look like 17 year olds. Your coach gave an honest answer that those kids do look old but were born in 2001. He went on to say all kids on the Crabs were born in 2001 and 2002. I am just repeating what he said. Personally I'm fine with it becouse if the Crabs sent 13 and 14 year olds to play the top LI teams the Crabs would be loosing at Half time 10-0. So now they have an older team with 16 and 15 year olds and can compete with the Long Island 13 and 14 year olds. It is more fun for us to loose a close one to older kids and win every so often then it is to destroy the Crabs every time. Don't forget Crabs were too old to play in the World Series with a May 1, 2002 cut off and the Crabs added older reclassed kids since that time. That's why you are for the first time ever claiming to be the best. You added older kids. You know it. We all know it. Be proud not embarrassed because you may be the best finally. But also be honest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like crabs is going to be the best squad in the nation this coming season

Hey Crabbie daddy, go crawl back to your Mid Atlantic board. Ain't it time to change your 16 year old's diaper. He starts 9th grade tomorrow.Congrats!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey Crabbie daddy, go crawl back to your Mid Atlantic board. Ain't it time to change your 16 year old's diaper. He starts 9th grade tomorrow.Congrats!

Once or twice a year like to go slumming in the NY slum tread. Change diaper. Just shows how immature you are, go get your GED, make your son and wife proud. [lacrosse], you may be able to get a cleaning job, you know, bathrooms. Your son is doing what! Isn't that illegal. Doesn't reform school also start tomorrow. Too bad your little boy has had to repeat twice, poor classroom performance. Boo hoo, too bad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Once or twice a year like to go slumming in the NY slum tread. Change diaper. Just shows how immature you are, go get your GED, make your son and wife proud. [lacrosse], you may be able to get a cleaning job, you know, bathrooms. Your son is doing what! Isn't that illegal. Doesn't reform school also start tomorrow. Too bad your little boy has had to repeat twice, poor classroom performance. Boo hoo, too bad.

Someone from Maryland is making these comments about Long Island?? You obviously don't know much about Long Island! I'd say your comments pretty much are a case study in "projection".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Someone from Maryland is making these comments about Long Island?? You obviously don't know much about Long Island! I'd say your comments pretty much are a case study in "projection".

Very familiar with Long Island, thus the appropriate/on point comments. "Projection"? Seriously? Really don't think so. Good night.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So far the best post of the year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow, what a response. You must be really impressed with yourself. I am pretty sure no one else is. You came on this board and made idiotic comments; and I quote, "crabs is going to be the best squad in the nation", thus you got an appropriate response. What I really should have said is, "Congrats, your 16 year old son is starting 9th grade for the second time." Who is the immature one, the parents with a son who will graduate high school at 17 or the parents who will have held their son back and then had him repeat a grade, thus creating a 19 year high school senior? Oh yeah, and before you say to play in the MIAA the student must be 19 after.........blah, blah, blah, there is always another post- graduate prep school for your chosen one. Just realize that your son may have been a beast (I'll give you that) on the field from 13-16, while playing down, but he will be average at 18. Wait for it. It is coming and it won't be pleasant.
Like I said, go crawl back to your Mid Atlantic board.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Looks like crabs is going to be the best squad in the nation this coming season

Wow, what a response. You must be really impressed with yourself. I am pretty sure no one else is. You came on this board and made idiotic comments; and I quote, "crabs is going to be the best squad in the nation", thus you got an appropriate response. What I really should have said is, "Congrats, your 16 year old son is starting 9th grade for the second time." Who is the immature one, the parents with a son who will graduate high school at 17 or the parents who will have held their son back and then had him repeat a grade, thus creating a 19 year high school senior? Oh yeah, and before you say to play in the MIAA the student must be 19 after.........blah, blah, blah, there is always another post- graduate prep school for your chosen one. Just realize that your son may have been a beast (I'll give you that) on the field from 13-16, while playing down, but he will be average at 18. Wait for it. It is coming and it won't be pleasant.
Like I said, go crawl back to your Mid Atlantic board.

Another great post.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]Hey Crabbie daddy, go crawl back to your Mid Atlantic board. Ain't it time to change your 16 year old's diaper. He starts 9th grade tomorrow.Congrats!
[/quote]
Once or twice a year like to go slumming in the NY slum tread. Change diaper. Just shows how immature you are, go get your GED, make your son and wife proud. [lacrosse], you may be able to get a cleaning job, you know, bathrooms. Your son is doing what! Isn't that illegal. Doesn't reform school also start tomorrow. Too bad your little boy has had to repeat twice, poor classroom performance. Boo hoo, too bad.[/quote]

Someone from Maryland is making these comments about Long Island?? You obviously don't know much about Long Island! I'd say your comments pretty much are a case study in "projection". [/quote]
Very familiar with Long Island, thus the appropriate/on point comments. "Projection"? Seriously? Really don't think so. Good night.[/quote]

I guess they don't tech logic or reasoning where you came from. Considering most parents from NY grew up when NYS was the top 1 or 2 public education system in the US, with Long Island being way above the NYS average (!), i fail to see how you can even casually support your statement. Even if you took current public school rankings, I would still surmise that Long Island schools separated out from NYS as a whole are higher up than MD, so I stand by my projection statement and supported it as well! Thanks for playing asshat! Now run along and drop off your 19 year old senior his school lunch he left at home this morning.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]Hey Crabbie daddy, go crawl back to your Mid Atlantic board. Ain't it time to change your 16 year old's diaper. He starts 9th grade tomorrow.Congrats!

Once or twice a year like to go slumming in the NY slum tread. Change diaper. Just shows how immature you are, go get your GED, make your son and wife proud. [lacrosse], you may be able to get a cleaning job, you know, bathrooms. Your son is doing what! Isn't that illegal. Doesn't reform school also start tomorrow. Too bad your little boy has had to repeat twice, poor classroom performance. Boo hoo, too bad.[/quote]

Someone from Maryland is making these comments about Long Island?? You obviously don't know much about Long Island! I'd say your comments pretty much are a case study in "projection". [/quote]
Very familiar with Long Island, thus the appropriate/on point comments. "Projection"? Seriously? Really don't think so. Good night.[/quote]

I guess they don't tech logic or reasoning where you came from. Considering most parents from NY grew up when NYS was the top 1 or 2 public education system in the US, with Long Island being way above the NYS average (!), i fail to see how you can even casually support your statement. Even if you took current public school rankings, I would still surmise that Long Island schools separated out from NYS as a whole are higher up than MD, so I stand by my projection statement and supported it as well! Thanks for playing asshat! Now run along and drop off your 19 year old senior his school lunch he left at home this morning.[/quote]

You still refuse to get your GED. Pathetic. I'm from Pa., which has much stronger public schools than either NYS as a whole or LI individually. No one wants to play asshat or anything else with you. Too bad your senior son has a 7th grade reading level, but that's how it is in NY.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PA??? - LOL! What rankings did you have to dig up to find PA anywhere above fair to middling??! USN has PA @ 22! And, for the record, I'd put my education up against yours any day of the week, and twice on Sunday! Not that I would normally go there, but since you seem to be a real piece of work, here's a hint: unless you graduated from one of the top 40 schools in the country, you don't even come close!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PA??? - LOL! What rankings did you have to dig up to find PA anywhere above fair to middling??! USN has PA @ 22! And, for the record, I'd put my education up against yours any day of the week, and twice on Sunday! Not that I would normally go there, but since you seem to be a real piece of work, here's a hint: unless you graduated from one of the top 40 schools in the country, you don't even come close!

He is wearing my Harvard tie. Oh sure, like he went to Harvard.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess they don't tech logic or reasoning where you came from. Considering most parents from NY grew up when NYS was the top 1 or 2 public education system in the US, with Long Island being way above the NYS average (!), i fail to see how you can even casually support your statement. Even if you took current public school rankings, I would still surmise that Long Island schools separated out from NYS as a whole are higher up than MD, so I stand by my projection statement and supported it as well! Thanks for playing asshat! Now run along and drop off your 19 year old senior his school lunch he left at home this morning.[/quote]

You still refuse to get your GED. Pathetic. I'm from Pa., which has much stronger public schools than either NYS as a whole or LI individually. No one wants to play asshat or anything else with you. Too bad your senior son has a 7th grade reading level, but that's how it is in NY.[/quote]

You are arguing with multiple people. Obviously, you are the one with the 7th grade reading level because you can't figure that out. So you went to school in PA, your son is a 16 year old who stopped growing last year and is a 2021 who plays for Crab Natiiiiioooooonnnnnn! The only question is does he go to Boys Latin or Landon? By the way, I think you used up all your 2 max per year slumming attempts on the LI board.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another brilliant post. The Long Island guy is much smarter than this other guy based on the responses. Also anyone who thinks MA or PA Schools compare to Long Island schools has got to be an idiot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can't compare the public schools in PA and MD to Long Island schools. Long Island has one of the top school systems in the United States.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just turned on the news and am watching what is going on with the hurricane. Time to stop this stuff at least for now and hope everyone gets out of this with little to no destruction. Those who disagree with this has major problems.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can't compare the public schools in PA and MD to Long Island schools. Long Island has one of the top school systems in the United States.

even the worst private school is better than the best public school. if you have ever gone and seen one you would know. if you can afford private its a no brainer. public schools everywhere broken. public school supporters are just people who don't have money for private.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

even the worst private school is better than the best public school. if you have ever gone and seen one you would know. if you can afford private its a no brainer. public schools everywhere broken. public school supporters are just people who don't have money for private.

Dear Crabs fan: Trying to ease your way out of the discussion without a total loss. It's not working. This is a lacrosse board, not a discussion about class warfare. Spending all that money at Boys Latin won't help your son recover from the damage you may have already done by not allowing to him compete against kids his own age (or older) and face and overcome adversity by himself. Learn to fail, pick himself up, and train to become better both physically and mentall so that next time he succeeds. All you have shown him is if things don't initially go his way, daddy will fix it for him by holding him back or re-classing. Someday soon he will have to make his own decisions, face difficult days that don't have an easy fix and all you have taught him through lacrosse is how to game the system and gain an unfair advantage. That works in the short term
but not in the long run. If this doesn't apply to you then I apologize.

Just to end this, I hope nothing but the best for you and your kid. Obviously people will continue argue on the topics of holdbacks, re-classes, public vs privates etc. but no one is changing anyone's mind. Long Island out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If there is any is any interest, there is a new True Blue 2021 team that will be based out of the north shore of Nassau County - my son is playing with the team, and they look to have a solid core of boys already signed up, but looking to fill a couple middie and pole spots. Team seems to be looking to be competitive at the A level - expecting that True Blue may have a supplemental try out for the team, but in the interim, there is a practice this Sunday at Centre Island from 4 - 5:30. If you have interest in your son coming down on Sunday, you can call or text 516-974-3148.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Completely false, and people who actually SPEND that money to send their kids to private schools (like I do) know that. Sounds like you are just someone who wishes they had the means to send their kids private and are frustrated by the shortcomings of their public school system.

As a point of reference, I have three kids, two of whom attend private, one who attends public (not in LI, PA or MD, but in CT) and the one who attends public was accepted at a very competitive private school but chose to decline because of overall fit for him as a student.

Granted, many public schools are facing problems, but there are quite a few that rival even top private schools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Completely false, and people who actually SPEND that money to send their kids to private schools (like I do) know that. Sounds like you are just someone who wishes they had the means to send their kids private and are frustrated by the shortcomings of their public school system.

As a point of reference, I have three kids, two of whom attend private, one who attends public (not in LI, PA or MD, but in CT) and the one who attends public was accepted at a very competitive private school but chose to decline because of overall fit for him as a student.

Granted, many public schools are facing problems, but there are quite a few that rival even top private schools.

The only reason this is lacrosse related is because the private schools allow 2 year reclass for students. Many kids go to private school to take advantage of that. Otherwise this subject has nothing to do with lacrosse. But you are correct. There are public Schools that are as good as private schools. NOT putting any schools down here but long Island has great schools. There are parents making over 25 million a year that use the public schools. It has nothing to do with being able to afford it. There are communities on Long Island that pay over 100k a year in property and school taxes. I would bet the average school and property tax on Long Island is around 25k. Teachers are making well over 100k a year. So the pay scale is on par or better than private schools. Tenure is a problem in the public schools but nothing is perfect. When the National list comes out for best public schools in the nation Long Island has so many schools in the top 100. We are spoiled here with our schools because there are schools in the top 100 list that I would never send my kid to but when compared to the rest of the country it is a top 100 school. Long Island schools also compete with the top 100 schools on lists that includes private schools. People sent kids to public or private schools for many reasons. At the end It is hard to say any kid would have done better in life if they attend one or the other on long island. I understand based on what I read in many states the public schools are terrible and you have to send a kid to private but anyone who knows anything on the subject knows Long Island is not one of those places.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only reason this is lacrosse related is because the private schools allow 2 year reclass for students. Many kids go to private school to take advantage of that. Otherwise this subject has nothing to do with lacrosse. But you are correct. There are public Schools that are as good as private schools. NOT putting any schools down here but long Island has great schools. There are parents making over 25 million a year that use the public schools. It has nothing to do with being able to afford it. There are communities on Long Island that pay over 100k a year in property and school taxes. I would bet the average school and property tax on Long Island is around 25k. Teachers are making well over 100k a year. So the pay scale is on par or better than private schools. Tenure is a problem in the public schools but nothing is perfect. When the National list comes out for best public schools in the nation Long Island has so many schools in the top 100. We are spoiled here with our schools because there are schools in the top 100 list that I would never send my kid to but when compared to the rest of the country it is a top 100 school. Long Island schools also compete with the top 100 schools on lists that includes private schools. People sent kids to public or private schools for many reasons. At the end It is hard to say any kid would have done better in life if they attend one or the other on long island. I understand based on what I read in many states the public schools are terrible and you have to send a kid to private but anyone who knows anything on the subject knows Long Island is not one of those places.

Which is all to say that Mr PA doesn't know jack sh*t about Long Island!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many of the private schools on Long Island benefit from well to do families that live in towns that have diverse ( both financially and ethnically) communities. Like Huntington, Bay Shore,Amityville, Bellport etc. These towns have areas near the water that are absolutely beautiful and areas that are absolute ghettos.
The education may be a little bit better but not enough to warrant a kid from CSH,Garden City,Syosset, Smithtown etc to deal with the commute and extra expense and hassle.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Long Island Bengals are looking for about two players on offense and defense. Please contact us to arrange a tryout

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Long Island Bengals are looking for a few more players on Offense and Defense. If you are interested please email us.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why is suffolk lax so much better than nassau lax in this grade?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You must have had a great party at your house today ...silly boy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody got any info on Box lacrosse for this age group?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why is suffolk lax so much better than nassau lax in this grade?

This post must be from a person who does not live on Long Island and is starting trouble. Go away. No one cares which County is better in lacrosse. We just know that Long Island develops the best lacrosse players by far.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah. But why are all the good ones in this grade from Suffolk?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

can't compare public vs private. you can debate if the pvt tuition is worth it but substantially superior across the board

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry. We don't care if the best are from Nassau or Suffolk. Again Nassau and Suffolk have the best players in the world.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Even though not a true sample, and will open a debate, but Nassau won the LI Lax showcase for this age group. My son played on Suffolk, but no doubt Nassau out played them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Even though not a true sample, and will open a debate, but Nassau won the LI Lax showcase for this age group. My son played on Suffolk, but no doubt Nassau out played them.

And some of the better kids from Suffolk didn't even go to the showcase, so not sure how even it was. Some of the kids that made it from Suffolk didn't belong there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And some of the better kids from Suffolk didn't even go to the showcase, so not sure how even it was. Some of the kids that made it from Suffolk didn't belong there.

Both teams missing better players. It does not matter who won the game. This is such a ridiculous topic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
maverick invites are out

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My Son has Joined Igloo Avalanche. 2021. It seems that there was an exit with a few returns.The supp tryout had a good turn out. Not sure about the talent
I am curious to see how they develop as a team. i understand they had a few injuries last year and were playing short. And some parent coaching issues. Hence new coaching staff. Personally I rather have an old timer

I do not know how the avalanche did last summer. Anybody have those figures. And did they play good competition.

The Money all these cash cows are within range or close. But all of us are in the same boat. Are you going to stop paying. Yes when your son is finished playing LOL

For 2021 Igloo Avalanche team what draws me in is they always seem to put out a team that everyone wants to beat.

All about the coaches. Let see how that bring the new group along

First practice Sunday My son is pumped.

I am happy for him

Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard