BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Bethesda Lacrosse Club / DC Express
TLaxOne Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Forum to discuss BLC/DCE

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Bethesda Lacrosse Club / DC Express
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hold back university this site should be called. A bunch of 15 year olds.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

When you live in the vicinity of Mater Dei who pioneered actively promoted holding back every kid entering the school, you will have a ton of them on your team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This should be an interesting thread with DCE 2028 having "secret" try outs for teams before their posted try out in mid July....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This should be an interesting thread with DCE 2028 having "secret" try outs for teams before their posted try out in mid July....
They are far from the only ones.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well don’t be shy, who else is holding secret tryouts for their age group that you know?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well don’t be shy, who else is holding secret tryouts for their age group that you know?

My kid didn’t hit the wall 5 hours a day since he was old enough to hold a stick so he can share his secret tryout invites with you

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My kid didn’t hit the wall 5 hours a day since he was old enough to hold a stick so he can share his secret tryout invites with you

Well Played Brother, Well Played. 😂

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anything new on DCE, or is it still to new?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When you live in the vicinity of Mater Dei who pioneered actively promoted holding back every kid entering the school, you will have a ton of them on your team.

I am very curious how many hold backs they have on the new 2028 team...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you kid wasn't invited to the secret tryouts or didn't make DCE Black, I hear Madlax is looking for players. ahhahahh. I couldn't resist!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you kid wasn't invited to the secret tryouts or didn't make DCE Black, I hear Madlax is looking for players. ahhahahh. I couldn't resist!
DCE Orange might beat Madlax Capital.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not many. More than half the kids are public.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What fall tournaments are the 2028 teams playing in?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax playing Aloha, Bay Bridge and NAL
DCE playing Prime Time, MD Invitational, and NAL
NL playing Oct Invitatjonal, Jack o Lantern, and IL Knockout Cup

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well it looks like Madlax does not want DCE to play in the NAL....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of course he doesn't want DCE playing in NAL because he will lose. What's even more funny is that his arch rival, NL, has at LEAST 3 current ML boys playing on their MOJO team this weekend. There are many other MLers at different age groups playing for MOJOs as well. He tried his darndest to get the boys not to play and even created the Supremes to combat the exodus of players (even though he tooled on the national team model for years). He either has lost his juice with the parents, they don't care, are lying to him and/or are exploring other options.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of course he doesn't want DCE playing in NAL because he will lose. What's even more funny is that his arch rival, NL, has at LEAST 3 current ML boys playing on their MOJO team this weekend. There are many other MLers at different age groups playing for MOJOs as well. He tried his darndest to get the boys not to play and even created the Supremes to combat the exodus of players (even though he tooled on the national team model for years). He either has lost his juice with the parents, they don't care, are lying to him and/or are exploring other options.
I’d like a Burrito Supreme, please, hold the beans.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The word is out and parents probably do not want to be associated with the program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well it looks like Madlax does not want DCE to play in the NAL....
Yeah just heard from a DCE parent that Cabell is trying to keep them out of a tournament. Gotta ask yourself, why would he try to do that to another local team? I know the guy is notorious for some underhanded stuff, but this is kinda weird considering we’re talking about 13 year olds. A some point the other lacrosse directors, and hopefully the parents on Madlax will just turn this guy’s lights out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess Cabell is looking out for his own kid at the 2028 level…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wonder how DCE 2028 will do at their next tournament since they did not do so great their first outing?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DCE did fine for the first time playing together. We were missing a few key players, but it's not an excuse. We also have to be more disciplined regarding penalties. We were basically man down the entire first game and most of the 2nd. We should have won the first 3 games, but even if it happened going beyond that would have been tough. Takes some time to get the boys in sync.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What did he do? Step back in as head coach to keep his spot?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wonder how DCE 2028 will do at their next tournament since they did not do so great their first outing?
NL dad here. Fall will likely be a challenge for that team. Bringing together a bunch of kids from Madlax, BLC, and a handful of other randoms is not an easy task. But they’ve got some great defenders from Madlax, and some great athletes. I hope they are successful in getting the puzzle together, always good to have another solid DMV team to push us.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What did he do? Step back in as head coach to keep his spot?

Or is he just a "puppet master" controlling the shots behind the NEW coaching staff?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NL dad here. Fall will likely be a challenge for that team. Bringing together a bunch of kids from Madlax, BLC, and a handful of other randoms is not an easy task. But they’ve got some great defenders from Madlax, and some great athletes. I hope they are successful in getting the puzzle together, always good to have another solid DMV team to push us.

Well said.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any thoughts on the DC Express 2028 from this past weekend?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They dominated the first half of the NL game - not sure NL even had the ball. Were beating Crabs 6-3 to the third quarter - ended up losing 6-7 so didn’t close it on either game but coming together. NL apparently getting in on the fly in game a la ML. Lame.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They dominated the first half of the NL game - not sure NL even had the ball. Were beating Crabs 6-3 to the third quarter - ended up losing 6-7 so didn’t close it on either game but coming together. NL apparently getting in on the fly in game a la ML. Lame.
Who did NL fly in from out of town?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid plays NL. DCE will be good. Their first line is very solid, they’re just not deep. Wore them down in the game yesterday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid plays NL. DCE will be good. Their first line is very solid, they’re just not deep. Wore them down in the game yesterday.

It is fall and the DCE Orange team did alright. Maybe we will see kids being shuffled around before spring?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is fall and the DCE Orange team did alright. Maybe we will see kids being shuffled around before spring?

Summer is when it shines the most.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who did NL fly in from out of town?

NL 2028 does not fly anyone in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So there was no one from somewhere other than DC, MD, or VA who played with them this past weekend? Fly in doesn’t mean just on an airplane - it means a player who comes from outside the DMV to play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So there was no one from somewhere other than DC, MD, or VA who played with them this past weekend? Fly in doesn’t mean just on an airplane - it means a player who comes from outside the DMV to play.

and you care why?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because someone said NL doesn’t fly in players - and they might not bring them in on an airplane but someone played last weekend from a non DMV state. And if that’s not true, an NL parent can just say that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a NL parent, but the high school aged teams definitely bring in kids from Richmond. You can argue they’re from Virginia, so they’re not a “fly-in”, but either way, it seems ok to me. And DCE certainly brings those kids in too. As does Madlax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a NL parent, but the high school aged teams definitely bring in kids from Richmond. You can argue they’re from Virginia, so they’re not a “fly-in”, but either way, it seems ok to me. And DCE certainly brings those kids in too. As does Madlax.

As a DCE parent, this is news to me

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also a DCE parent and I’ve never heard that. Also NL historically at least for the 28s did NOT do this so if they did for last weekend that is noteworthy. I think a ‘fly in’ is a guest player - who doesn’t come to weekly team practice - regardless of where they are from and how they travel.

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard