Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by watchthemplay
Fca is no different than any other club- they market it well but the same problems exist . what hurts them is training and parent coaching at some of the levels. Think they mean well but they can be hypocritical.

as much as they say its not a feeder to CHC it is, well over half the 2022 team is registered 9th graders at CHC. just own it no worries

This is my son's first year with FCA and while I don't disagree with what you stated we could not be happier with the team, the coaching and the parents. They may have some 'issues' that you see with other teams; the difference is they address them immediately and do not let it impact the team. Our coaches go out of the way to be a part of the boys lives outside of Lacrosse which you really do not see in other programs. The good far outweigh the bad.

That has been our experience since last Fall; now I know how this forum works so let the bashing of this opinion begin. lol

I agree with what you said about the coaches taking interest in their players lives outside of lacrosse. That speaks volumes to a coach's character. More coaches should take notes on that. You get good things from your players when they get acknowledgment from you. It's just a fact.

VISION

To see the world transformed by Jesus Christ through the influence of coaches and athletes.

MISSION

To lead every coach and athlete into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and His church.

VALUES

Our relationships will demonstrate steadfast commitment to Jesus Christ and His Word through Integrity, Serving, Teamwork and Excellence.
Integrity
We will demonstrate Christ-like wholeness, privately and publicly. (Proverbs 11:3)
Serving
We will model Jesus’ example of serving. (John 13:1-17)
Teamwork
We will express our unity in Christ in all our relationships. (Philippians 2:1-4)
Excellence
We will honor and glorify God in all we do. (Colossians 3:23-24)

STRATEGY

To and Through the Coach
We pursue our vision and mission through the strategy of to and through the coach. We seek ministry first to coaches hearts, marriages and families. Then, when ready, we minister through coaches to their fellow coaches, teams and athlete leaders.

Billy Graham said, “A coach will impact more people in one year than the average person will in an entire lifetime.” With the influence of a coach, FCA recognizes the most strategic way to reach more athletes is to first reach the coach.

Let me run something by you. Is it in line with these principles to publicly disparage a group of 7th grade boys and their families by describing them as dirtbags in a Howard County parking lot after your team lost a game? I ask only because the great and holy BK, head of FCA, Calvert Hall varsity coach, and head coach of FCA 23 Blue did just that on Sunday. Before you all go nuts, it is fact. It was witnessed by countless people. If you want to learn how to whine from a hypocrite, go to FCA.

Fake News and and here we go bashing clubs we don’t like. Unreal.

Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: FCA - Fellowship of Christian Athletes [Re: TLaxOne] #262312
04/10/18 06:15 PM
04/10/18 06:15 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Absolutely nothing fake about it.

Reply Quote
Re: FCA - Fellowship of Christian Athletes [Re: TLaxOne] #262315
04/10/18 06:54 PM
04/10/18 06:54 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe you should talk to the Looney’s parents that were standing behind the teams bench during the game; my son told me exactly what they were doing and it’s disgraceful.

Reply Quote
Re: FCA - Fellowship of Christian Athletes [Re: Anonymous] #262322
04/10/18 07:26 PM
04/10/18 07:26 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I like the attempted misdirect but there were no looneys 23 parents behind the fca bench, but even if there were, it still pales in comparison to the HEAD of your club making derogatory remarks about a 7th grade team in a public setting. That is unacceptable and a top to bottom failure of an organization that claims to teach and promote Christian ideals to young men.

Reply Quote
Re: FCA - Fellowship of Christian Athletes [Re: Anonymous] #262327
04/10/18 07:37 PM
04/10/18 07:37 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fca is no different than any other club- they market it well but the same problems exist . what hurts them is training and parent coaching at some of the levels. Think they mean well but they can be hypocritical.

as much as they say its not a feeder to CHC it is, well over half the 2022 team is registered 9th graders at CHC. just own it no worries

This is my son's first year with FCA and while I don't disagree with what you stated we could not be happier with the team, the coaching and the parents. They may have some 'issues' that you see with other teams; the difference is they address them immediately and do not let it impact the team. Our coaches go out of the way to be a part of the boys lives outside of Lacrosse which you really do not see in other programs. The good far outweigh the bad.

That has been our experience since last Fall; now I know how this forum works so let the bashing of this opinion begin. lol

I agree with what you said about the coaches taking interest in their players lives outside of lacrosse. That speaks volumes to a coach's character. More coaches should take notes on that. You get good things from your players when they get acknowledgment from you. It's just a fact.

VISION

To see the world transformed by Jesus Christ through the influence of coaches and athletes.

MISSION

To lead every coach and athlete into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and His church.

VALUES

Our relationships will demonstrate steadfast commitment to Jesus Christ and His Word through Integrity, Serving, Teamwork and Excellence.
Integrity
We will demonstrate Christ-like wholeness, privately and publicly. (Proverbs 11:3)
Serving
Teamwork
We will express our unity in Christ in all our relationships. (Philippians 2:1-4)
Excellence

STRATEGY

To and Through the Coach
We pursue our vision and mission through the strategy of to and through the coach. We seek ministry first to coaches hearts, marriages and families. Then, when ready, we minister through coaches to their fellow coaches, teams and athlete leaders.

Billy Graham said, “A coach will impact more people in one year than the average person will in an entire lifetime.” With the influence of a coach, FCA recognizes the most strategic way to reach more athletes is to first reach the coach.

Let me run something by you. Is it in line with these principles to publicly disparage a group of 7th grade boys and their families by describing them as dirtbags in a Howard County parking lot after your team lost a game? I ask only because the great and holy BK, head of FCA, Calvert Hall varsity coach, and head coach of FCA 23 Blue did just that on Sunday. Before you all go nuts, it is fact. It was witnessed by countless people. If you want to learn how to whine from a hypocrite, go to FCA.

Fake News and and here we go bashing clubs we don’t like. Unreal.

This is not fake. It was witnessed by a dozen people. He was out of line. It wasn’t very Christian.

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: FCA - Fellowship of Christian Athletes [Re: Anonymous] #262330
04/10/18 07:45 PM
04/10/18 07:45 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I like the attempted misdirect but there were no looneys 23 parents behind the fca bench, but even if there were, it still pales in comparison to the HEAD of your club making derogatory remarks about a 7th grade team in a public setting. That is unacceptable and a top to bottom failure of an organization that claims to teach and promote Christian ideals to young men.

I was not in the parking lot so I can not speak on what happened or did not happen. However I can commmet on what my son heard from the looney parents that were indeed behind the bench during the game. I’ll stand by my club, my sons coach and the Christian ideals it continues to teach each and every day. No one is perfect; not even Christians. So relax and focus on the person in the mirror.

Reply Quote
Re: FCA - Fellowship of Christian Athletes [Re: TLaxOne] #262353
04/10/18 09:07 PM
04/10/18 09:07 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looney's kids played dirty. And from what I've heard, are coached to play that way. Nice.

Reply Quote
Re: FCA - Fellowship of Christian Athletes [Re: Anonymous] #262358
04/10/18 09:23 PM
04/10/18 09:23 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is laughable. Both teams were called for a few penalties and it was FCA that was called for the out of control stick swinging. I guess there is a new book in the New Testament which states it is ok to do and say whatever you want as long as you have Christian in your name.

Reply Quote
Re: FCA - Fellowship of Christian Athletes [Re: TLaxOne] #262369
04/10/18 10:34 PM
04/10/18 10:34 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Must have been a heck of game to get this attention

Reply Quote
Re: FCA - Fellowship of Christian Athletes [Re: TLaxOne] #262400
04/11/18 08:24 AM
04/11/18 08:24 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was a well played game so I am not sure why there is any controversy; it could have gone either way. It is frustrating to see the back and forth and the cheap shots taken at refs and one's beliefs. I think we are better than that.

Looney's is big all around and FCA had trouble handling that size; middies and attack of Looney's definitely gave them problems and it seemed like their offense just wasn't clicking. Tall attackman for Looney's was a stud and had very good footwork and stick skills. Looney's definitely added some nice pieces and I think could give HAWKS a run for their money this year. FOGO for FCA seems to be the real deal; if he didn't win every face off he made it a 50/50 each time....he isn't big by any means but he fought for each possession; was impressive to watch. FCA definitely has some talent both on attack (#9 and #25) and midfield (#2 and I think #21) but very little size so I see them having trouble with the bigger teams (HAWKS, Next Level) moving forward.

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: FCA - Fellowship of Christian Athletes [Re: Anonymous] #262410
04/11/18 08:52 AM
04/11/18 08:52 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

VISION

MISSION

VALUES

Integrity
Serving
Teamwork
Excellence

STRATEGY

To and Through the Coach

Whoa... that's pretty extreme. I had no idea.

Reply Quote
Re: FCA - Fellowship of Christian Athletes [Re: Anonymous] #262476
04/11/18 01:54 PM
04/11/18 01:54 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

VISION

MISSION

VALUES

Integrity
Serving
Teamwork
Excellence

STRATEGY

To and Through the Coach

Whoa... that's pretty extreme. I had no idea.

Every club offers something different and its up to you to find what works best for your family. I just wish this forum was more positive instead of the constant bashing and negativity.

Reply Quote
Re: FCA - Fellowship of Christian Athletes [Re: TLaxOne] #282482
04/03/19 06:43 AM
04/03/19 06:43 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Whoa - the Kelly's who run FCA were just kicked off the board at UMMS and accused of taking $16M from the inner city hospital system.

Reply Quote
Re: FCA - Fellowship of Christian Athletes [Re: TLaxOne] #282494
04/03/19 09:27 AM
04/03/19 09:27 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fca might have the worst parents in dmv lacrosse and they may not know what fca stands for. But the Kelly's didn't "take" money which is implying they may have embezzled it. Their insurance business generated 16 million in revenue from the system. Whether they used undue influence is a different matter.

Reply Quote
Re: FCA - Fellowship of Christian Athletes [Re: Anonymous] #282498
04/03/19 10:08 AM
04/03/19 10:08 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Whoa - the Kelly's who run FCA were just kicked off the board at UMMS and accused of taking $16M from the inner city hospital system.

Who could blame them. They have several kids and with the cost of playing club lacrosse and private school tuition?? Gotta do what you gotta do to pay for all that.

Reply Quote
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification