BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,318
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 69 of 72 1 2 67 68 69 70 71 72
Re: Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Thoughts on Great 8 tourney?

We were at Prime Time tournament and it was great competition. I did hear today that NJ Express and Towermen parents almost had a fight on the sideline during the finals? Let''s keep it classy Jersey.

What is Towerman?

A group that is soon called LE

Towermen NJ express argument during quarter finals. Couple of hot head blow hards but nothing physical. Towermen lost in finals to Laxachusetts by 6 but beat a very good 2way team. No dog in this fight but people have been predicting towermen would disband for years and they seem to be able to keep it going pretty well.
I hope Towermen survives. Leading Edge is screwing up north Jersey lacrosse. Destroying a team on the eve of their recruiting year. How many Towermen helmets at LE tryout? Over 5?

If the kids know what is right for them they would leave to bbl or LE before their recruiting summer anyways. College coaches recruit kids from programs with history. If you are outside the top 5/6 kids on TMen (those kids are getting recruited regardless) good luck getting on coaches radars. You will end up relying on what players at lesser clubs rely on, and it’s the expensive prospect days that are a dime a dozen.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We were at Prime Time tournament and it was great competition. I did hear today that NJ Express and Towermen parents almost had a fight on the sideline during the finals? Let''s keep it classy Jersey.

What is Towerman?

Towermen NJ express argument during quarter finals. Couple of hot head blow hards but nothing physical. Towermen lost in finals to Laxachusetts by 6 but beat a very good 2way team. No dog in this fight but people have been predicting towermen would disband for years and they seem to be able to keep it going pretty well.
I hope Towermen survives. Leading Edge is screwing up north Jersey lacrosse. Destroying a team on the eve of their recruiting year. How many Towermen helmets at LE tryout? Over 5?

If the kids know what is right for them they would leave to bbl or LE before their recruiting summer anyways. College coaches recruit kids from programs with history. If you are outside the top 5/6 kids on TMen (those kids are getting recruited regardless) good luck getting on coaches radars. You will end up relying on what players at lesser clubs rely on, and it’s the expensive prospect days that are a dime a dozen.

What is Towerman?

Bbl and LE kids on the he second lines have the same issue as back end Towermen. I would leave bbl, LE and Towermen if I am not on the field enough. You can get recruited at Blue Star or Tristate on the first line. Those clubs go to AA tournaments as well. Bench gets recruited but the same way all benches do at prospect days or D3 the next summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is Towerman?

What is Towerman?

Bbl and LE kids on the he second lines have the same issue as back end Towermen. I would leave bbl, LE and Towermen if I am not on the field enough. You can get recruited at Blue Star or Tristate on the first line. Those clubs go to AA tournaments as well. Bench gets recruited but the same way all benches do at prospect days or D3 the next summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is Towerman?

What is Towerman?

I am not the same poster but this isn’t true. I am pretty sure LE 2024 team has 22+ commits, most being d1. I don’t know how many other clubs are seeing that same result. I am sure some of it has to do with the clubs history and college relationships.

To say that being on the second line at LE or BBL is the same as the back end of other clubs shows you are probably new to this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can only speak to the BBL Black 2024 team. Basically every kid has been recruited or will be recruited by August first when the NESCAC schools can start making offers. If you can make the team - grab the spot quickly.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can only speak to the BBL Black 2024 team. Basically every kid has been recruited or will be recruited by August first when the NESCAC schools can start making offers. If you can make the team - grab the spot quickly.

BBL 2025 is the year. September 1 to December will show NJ players that BBL can train and get players recruited. The 2024 has a lot of Riot commits. 2025 is all BBL-developed players

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BBL 2025 is the year. September 1 to December will show NJ players that BBL can train and get players recruited. The 2024 has a lot of Riot commits. 2025 is all BBL-developed players

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Thoughts on Great 8 tourney?

What is Towerman?

What is Towerman?

I am not the same poster but this isn’t true. I am pretty sure LE 2024 team has 22+ commits, most being d1. I don’t know how many other clubs are seeing that same result. I am sure some of it has to do with the clubs history and college relationships.

To say that being on the second line at LE or BBL is the same as the back end of other clubs shows you are probably new to this.[/quote

Go look at Blue Star and Tri State commits.2024 And Look at LE 2024 and BBL/Riot 2024 commits. All on the websites.
The difference in 2024 is LE and BBL/Riot have 3 amazing school recruits and Blue Star and Trisate have 1 amazing school recruit. After that, we don't have a huge difference in schools recruiting from these teams. They are all VERY GOOD schools but they are similar. Towermen players will be fine in 2026.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New to all of this. Is it common for clubs to charge a fee to promote your kid on their IG page etc?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New to all of this. Is it common for clubs to charge a fee to promote your kid on their IG page etc?

I’ve never heard of that. They usually just promote the best kids at no additional cost because it makes the club look good.

What club do u play for and what was the fee?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’d rather not say until I find out more info, but I’ve heard upwards for $250.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’ve never heard of this. Run fast from this club

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’ve never heard of this. Run fast from this club

Seriously.... you already pay the club fee which I'm guessing is well north of $2K. Are they offering some sort of high quality video editing and putting together a produced highlight package, or are they throwing up a picture of your kid with "UNCOMMITTED!" on it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look at nationalasg(Instagram) Nj team. Looks like Leading Edge added FO and attack key players from BBL 26 and LSM and Midfielder top players from Towermen 26. What do you think?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look at nationalasg(Instagram) Nj team. Looks like Leading Edge added FO and attack key players from BBL 26 and LSM and Midfielder top players from Towermen 26. What do you think?

Looks like a really good team. Way better than the NB team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL. says the over the LEdge parent. Can't you just say a good team or it is our recruiting event.
BBL can't control NB team but would love to just add the top 2 Towermen players and your LE lefty attackman and the RFH Mad Dog kid to their team at NB. NB won't let them do it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL. says the over the LEdge parent. Can't you just say a good team or it is our recruiting event.
BBL can't control NB team but would love to just add the top 2 Towermen players and your LE lefty attackman and the RFH Mad Dog kid to their team at NB. NB won't let them do it.

You can all rest assured that, in a few short years, you will all come to realize that none of this matters.. enjoy it while you can..I only wish that somebody had given me the same advice so that I didn't waste so much time engaging in these unwinnable arguments

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You can all rest assured that, in a few short years, you will all come to realize that none of this matters.. enjoy it while you can..I only wish that somebody had given me the same advice so that I didn't waste so much time engaging in these unwinnable arguments

I think Pennsylvania nationalasg answered the question today. PA 26 is a real tryout because BIG 4HHH is not the whole team beat NJLeading Edge team today. Let's see how they do day 2???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2026 Tristate team is not good. They need to clean house in order to compete at the higher levels. They lost a bunch of guys one year when they took forever to get offers out. And then this year took anyone mew.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2026 Tristate team is not good. They need to clean house in order to compete at the higher levels. They lost a bunch of guys one year when they took forever to get offers out. And then this year took anyone mew.
Recycling this? Someone is worried? Weird recycling this post? 2026 tryout for all teams because it seems a little weird between bbl LE and Towermen. Sometimes leading edge just adds people. Look at the roster they have for Nike all star game. Don’t need tryouts for LE.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would not worry too much about which AA team LE, BBL, Towermen or Tri-State team you are on because the goal is to be seen by college coaches at AA tournaments next summer. Tri State is going to IMCLA this December. The player gets recruited and not the team.

Is it better to be 2nd line on a higher ranked team or be on 1st line on a lower-ranked team at an AA tournament.? Is it better to be on the field more on a lower ranked team or is it to better to be on the highest-ranked team coming off the bench? I can't answer that but you obviously want to stick out when the coaches are on the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Noticed a NJ kid on the PA team. A BBL kid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think Pennsylvania nationalasg answered the question today. PA 26 is a real tryout because BIG 4HHH is not the whole team beat NJLeading Edge team today. Let's see how they do day 2???

Team PA did not have try outs. They moved it to invite only. The ex-Tiger's coach set up the team using the Tiger kids that still talk to him and then added kids from NY, NJ, TN and Ohio to fill the holes. HHH kids were added with the coach of the team being their coach. There was absolutely no try out for that team. So much so people went back to the Nike people requesting their money back once it was found out the team was being assembled prior to try out date. This is for the 2026 team only.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting. Thanks for the info. I would think Nike needs to be careful what is being done with all these teams and clubs usurping the power and brand given to them for their own fiefdoms.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Look at nationalasg(Instagram) Nj team. Looks like Leading Edge added FO and attack key players from BBL 26 and LSM and Midfielder top players from Towermen 26. What do you think?

PA beat our strong NJ team twice and were really good. One of their dads said there were twenty tigers and the rest played for the other coaches school. Watched their Championship game with Long Island go to OT with a few shots to win. Impressive. NJ team was also really good as we beat a tough Maryland team and great Northeast team. Great weekend and the best players in the country.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Look at nationalasg(Instagram) Nj team. Looks like Leading Edge added FO and attack key players from BBL 26 and LSM and Midfielder top players from Towermen 26. What do you think?

PA beat our strong NJ team twice and were really good. One of their dads said there were twenty tigers and the rest played for the other coaches school. Watched their Championship game with Long Island go to OT with a few shots to win. Impressive. NJ team was also really good as we beat a tough Maryland team and great Northeast team. Great weekend and the best players in the country.

Love that the kids are still identified as "tigers" even though the team has been disband for almost a full year now. Make no mistake, HHH is not on the same level as they once were, starting with the '26 team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have to call you on this. Why does a parent on LE need to use alternative facts? If you have Instagram go to national asg. The Philly 2026 team is the best players in the area unlike just the best NJ NLF LE players on the NJ team.

Philly 2026 has 1 Towermen, 1 BBL, 2 Prime Time, 4Big4HH(philly NLF Team), 5 team 10, 6, mesa, 1 nxt, 1 next level, 1 team 11, and 1 roughrider.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Love that the kids are still identified as "tigers" even though the team has been disband for almost a full year now. Make no mistake, HHH is not on the same level as they once were, starting with the '26 team.

The kids don't identify as "tigers"...the ex-coach who had a hand in making the Nike team team identifies them as Tigers. only one kid on the roster put Tigers as their team. and the HHH kids on the list were at one time associated with Tigers and that is how they are on the team. hard to judge a 26 HHH team on that fact.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The kids don't identify as "tigers"...the ex-coach who had a hand in making the Nike team team identifies them as Tigers. only one kid on the roster put Tigers as their team. and the HHH kids on the list were at one time associated with Tigers and that is how they are on the team. hard to judge a 26 HHH team on that fact.

Can we stop talking about a club that dissolved and get back to bashing Leading Edge...please!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can we stop talking about a club that dissolved and get back to bashing Leading Edge...please!!!

Because we have to justify LE performance with a because. The Bbl, Towermen and 2 prime time players were on Tigers too. Lol.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like it was a terrific experience for you and your son, that is great. I think that the issue is more about the teams representing the "best players in the country". I'm am sure that the kids playing were all excellent, but what I think rubs people the wrong way is the politics in selecting the team, especially in NJ. If coaches are favoring one club over the other, inevitably a better kid from another club is left off the team. It happened when LE, and then Tri-State controlled the UA team a few years ago. Tri-State coaches kept several players who were clearly not the best player at their position at the tryouts, they kept their own kids out of club loyalty, and dismissed some other kids because of bad blood, and for what it's worth, most of the the kids that were left off of the team are now high level D1 commits.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gang, we are falling way behind the other regions here. we barely have any chatter. The other boards are blowing up with activity. let's start chatting New Jersey Up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tri State 24 with the Chip at NAL.

Go Jersey lacrosse!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gang, we are falling way behind the other regions here. we barely have any chatter. The other boards are blowing up with activity. let's start chatting New Jersey Up.

This board has had far less activity once the 2023's committed. They were obviously the ones who were making most of the comments on this board, particularly about the LE and BBL debates. NJ Lax is strong, there are a lot of options now. Good luck to all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
okay summer season over let the Club musical chairs begin !!!! I'm sure there will be lots to analyze discuss and critic

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am glad Towermen survived another year! They are great for shaking up NJ lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This board has had far less activity once the 2023's committed. They were obviously the ones who were making most of the comments on this board, particularly about the LE and BBL debates. NJ Lax is strong, there are a lot of options now. Good luck to all.

I imagine that it wasn't so much the 2023's, but the fact that most people finally realized that the LE, BBL, Tri-State, etc, who is the best club argument is ridiculous and has run its course, just coincided with the 2023/2024 classes...this forum has had some good advice, but also a lot of finger pointing and chest thumping...and for what's its worth, there sure has been plenty of Towermen, express, LE back-and-forth on this forum..can't lay that one on the 2023s

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reason we are falling behind is it is a fact that in New Jersey we do not have as many reclasses as new York, Maryland or Southeast Pennsylvania. I understand when they are in high school they all play together and against each other, however still on the club lacrosse scene hold backs are taking over still. There are a couple players/ programs that are buying into the hold back/ reclass idea in New Jersey which is helping them compete and beat those teams. Good for NJ Lacrosse. Lacrosse will go to age within the next few years, right now is it still the wild west and will have 27's going to play on the 28 team and 28's going to 29's. After lacrosse goes to an age based system I believe NJ will compete at every level with those other areas.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have you seen the Lawrenceville roster? Kids are old enough to purchase alcohol as juniors.
What about Mountain Lakes? Every rich little brat is a holdback…
Open your eyes, clown

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have you seen the Lawrenceville roster? Kids are old enough to purchase alcohol as juniors.
What about Mountain Lakes? Every rich little brat is a holdback…
Open your eyes, clown

I think that Lawrenceville is a little misplaced in the conversation regarding NJ programs since their players are mostly from out-of-state. What I think is a little different about NJ holdbacks is that they seem to do it later on in high school, typically if they are not getting a lot of action 9/1 of their junior year, so they end up reclassing and going out-of-state to prep school. The other method seems to be to simply play down at the club level and, if you commit at the younger club level, then do a PG year. The MD holdbacks seem to hold back or reclass prior to high school.

Like Reply Quote
Page 69 of 72 1 2 67 68 69 70 71 72
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard